• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

Mau ®;155383366 said:
Iggy's tour "postponed".

Her opening acts (Nick & Tinashe) just pulled out too.

Unable to score Top 10 hits without a feature doing the actual hook.

She is done.

She was a 2014 fad, and nothing much else really.

Latch

all this Janhova stanning today

there is hope for our future

iGfPhaWYa7mDo.gif

cory64

I cant stop replaying Control (the whole album)...

ypQo0p4.gif

I thought that my memories of this were tinted from countless of repeats in the car while traveling but dear lord... She slayed even before I was even born T_T

Control is without flaw. I mean Nasty by itself sparked an entire sound that dominated the industry for years.
The video for Pleasure Principle remains the standard for a solo dance video.
The breakthrough alber to which all breakthrough albers are compared to.

iGfPhaWYa7mDo.gif

rhandino

Banned
Control is without flaw. I mean Nasty by itself sparked an entire sound that dominated the industry for years.
The video for Pleasure Principle remains the standard for a solo dance video.
The breakthrough alber to which all breakthrough albers are compared to.

iGfPhaWYa7mDo.gif

Yeasss, now I am looking the videos.

I am screaming at "What Have you Done for Me Lately"

vQgsqJe.gif

cory64

Get into Janhova her "Design of a Decade" and "From Janet to Damita Jo" video compilations (or the All For You DVD edition).

Neither of which contain her iconic "(Your Fave) Doesn't Really Matter" video which could have EASILY been included on the DVD of her "Number Ones" compilation but we never got that.

All of her former labels are under UMG now so it's quite frustrating that her legendary catalog is so fragmented.

3phemeral

I've never been into debut Janet, aside from a few bops, it's such a product of its time. I'm all in for Velvet Rope Janet, though. I'm forever slain by the title track. I'll give her a look-see again while I do some housework in hopes of kindling a appreciation for ha'.

[edit] By debut, I mean, when she finally unshackled the chains from ha' father's grip and "Control"ed her own musical direction.

Majmun

How is she getting all these deals?

She's treated like some kind of super star. Did I miss all the hits?

Jay-Z his power, I guess.

Mau ®

Madonna thinks gay rights are ahead of women rights

On gay rights being ahead of women’s rights: “Gay rights are way more advanced than women’s rights. People are a lot more open-minded to the gay community than they are to women, period… It’s moved along for the gay community, for the African-American community, but women are still just trading on their ass. To me, the last great frontier is women…. Women are still the most marginalized group. You’re still categorized—you’re still either a virgin or a whore. If you’re a certain age, you’re not allowed to express your sexuality, be single, or date younger men.”

Is she an idiot?!?!

Our female Vanilla Ice nightmare is finally over.

Mau ®;155422357 said:
This album is the best album of 2015 so far.

Get into it.

Kid_Rock_-_First_Kiss_%28Album%29.png

No.

I've heard bits of the lead single. Wow, such an artiste for making completely generic country-rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom