• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dex

On the subject of the vote, since you should all know about her legendary discography, let me remind you all of some of Britney's most iconic performances!

1999vmas,.jpg

vma-britney-spears_24.jpg

uu53seB.jpg

http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/crave/Britney-Spears-VMA.jpg

and of course...

tumblr_lxvn5vlyZ41r3ty02o1_500.gif

You forgot her most iconic performance tho.

Mau ®

help me jesus

tough love

i've been playing it on repeat all day

gret.gif

forget my scalp, the skin has been FLAYED from my bones

a flawless collection of perfect tracks, a true EXPERIENCE

but I am hardly surprised, ever since I heard Tough Love back in June I knew it would come to this

Champagne Kisses, Cruel, All on You and Midnight Caller end careers

unsurprisingly, you all have shit taste in men as well as in music

Check your PMs tho.

Part of me wants to vote for Jessie Ware just to feel some integrity, though Britney is responsible for a lot of bops that I take for granted, so she might get my vote.

Majmun

Voted for Britney because she's a legend and her output is more versatile.

Can't believe Bjork won from Mariah. death

RubyFaith

Article: 'As cold as the weather' Mariah Carey's Korean concert... what changed?

Source: TV Report via Naver

1. [+7,609, -72] The absolute worst... I can't believe I actually paid money and left work early to watch such a horrific concert.

2. [+6,214, -81] She was bad right from her first track ㅠㅠ I feel bad for anyone who paid to watch this ㅋㅋ I saw an ajumma walk out in the beginning saying, "Wow, this is so trash that I can't even listen to it.." I agreed ㅜ ㅜ

3. [+5,889, -109] Mariah Carey... it already feels like she's a has been but she's not even professional anymore. Beyonce performed with such passion and effort in Korea.. Why can't Mariah anymore?

4. [+4,959, -68] Probably a lack of preparation... And she's signifcantly older now too..

5. [+4,496, -64] She performed poorly again... Please stop coming to Korea

6. [+1,152, -10] I'm a Carey fan who just got back from the concert.. I thought she'd at least perform her most famous tracks in Korea like Hero or Without You but she didn't!! And the majority of the concert was spent on dancing and instrumental performances instead of her singing. A lot of lip syncing instead of live as well.. Overall, a disappointment.

7. [+1,089, -35] Even Ailee's better than this

8. [+1,016, -19] I was so excited to see her after 11 years ㅜㅜ I'm so angry and sad and upset...

9. [+979, -10] I left the concert because I couldn't bear to listen to anything more ㅜ The concert sounds like it was intentionally trying to garner hateful comments. The audience deserves a refund ㅜ

10. [+982, -17] Wow.. I just got out of the concert ㅠㅠ I'm such a huge fan that I was going to be satisfied with just seeing her live but she lacks so much basic things as a singer.. Her voice cracked, she forgot the lyrics to 'We Belong Together', everything had an MR, she left before her high note on 'Heartbreaker' ㅠㅠ Is this a joke? Doesn't she want to make money off her tour? I think I'm just going to be a fan of her music videos ㅠㅠ Can't believe I sat an hour in the cold for that ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

rude

Banned
Mimi on that Rihrih tip tho...gettin dat cash by lip-syncing and doing a pussy [ p o p ] or { t w o }. slay me icon.

To be fair her voice has been rough in a while. But at least her voice went to shit like 20-something years into her career and not 10 or so like with Christina :/

Majmun

Make me wonder what'll happen to Bey's voice when she's Mariah's age...

I'm definitely going to be pressed and sad when her voice dies, like with Maria's case. All of Mariah's album vocals are basically fake now.

Vazduh

Beyonce never had a drinking problem and probably won't for a long time, plus she's incredibly disciplined. I think she'll be crooning past legend status ala Patti LaBelle.

Exactly. Mariah could have saved her voice if it hadn't been for all that alcohol.

Xtina was an alcoholic, too, right?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Jessie is the shit but Britney has legit touched my life so she has to get my vote
Who else is left in the winners bracket? Madonna v who?

Exactly. Mariah could have saved her voice if it hadn't been for all that alcohol.

Xtina was an alcoholic, too, right?

I think Xtina sang her vocals into the ground more than alcohol.
Mariah also has nodules so that combined with the alcohol is what we got but at least it took 20 years.

royalan

To be fair her voice has been rough in a while. But at least her voice went to shit like 20-something years into her career and not 10 or so like with Christina :/

!!!!

WHAT KIND OF FIGHTER ARE YOU!?

XTINA May have some vocal deterioration, but if you watched her last season of The Voice you know she can still hit notes. Her AMA performance and set at the New Orleans Jazz Festival proved that she can still slay a vocal performance.

Mariah's voice, on the other hand, is as blown out as a freshman bottom's anus after Atlanta Pride. Just nothing left.

...no shade

!!!!

XTINA May have some vocal deterioration, but if you watched her last season of The Voice you know she can still hit notes. Her AMA performance and set at the New Orleans Jazz Festival proved that she can still slay a vocal performance.

Mariah's voice, on the other hand, is as blown out as a freshman bottom's anus after Atlanta Pride. Just nothing left.

...no shade

I actually can't breathe.

!!!!

...no shade

These elaborate explanations. I can't...

e7lcf4jpg.gif

!!!!

...no shade

You bitch
laughing-politics-oops-hillary-clinton-democrat.gif

edit
https://twitter.com/djws/status/521809500287037440
hmmm

botty

Banned
Those were seconds long clips from the first show of her sold out tour date. Since then she's been sounding pretty great especially compared to most everyone's faves when they sing live. #Beautiful #BestSellingFemaleArtistOfAllTime #Yourfavesstillcanthitnotesmariahishittingatalmosttwicetheirage

iwZ5hwsdAsHaX.gif
"her sold out tour date"
iO1hLWwfwkLmA.gif

Interesting... when I searched to see if this was true, these popped up first:

Want to see a magic trick? Look at the image above...now think of a word.
Is this your word?
STRUGGLE

I haven't seen anything indicating Mariah has "sold out" anything. In fact, at the Worker's Factory stadium in Beijing, Mariah had a show attendance of 38,000, but the capacity is 60,000. How Mariah fails to sell out a stadium in a country with the highest population on the planet is beyond me. "Struggle," I guess.
ibsPbIyJhHhotd.gif

And mentioning Katy and Rihanna in a vocal discussion? That's just petty...and sad, like Mariah's divorce. I'm not even sure what the Beyonce video was supposed to prove. Mariah's 2013 was full of awkwardness and Lip sync: Exhibit A and Exhibit B. The fact that lambs are claiming this is an anomaly for Mariah is hilarious since, in addition to lipping a bunch last year, there were also vocal failures: Exhibit C. It'd probably be smarter if her stans blamed the doctor that recently suctioned all the fat around her neck for the vocal deterioration.

Take care, be blessed and avoid those fallacies now.
ibtn1CP5syN5zz.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
ok, it's kind of a throwaway track now that I have fully listened. Album-filler at best.

Let me go back to Froot. 🍑

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom