• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ties

Banned
Your commentary on the quality and execution of her ideas is irrelevant. The point is that they ARE different, sometimes completely strange, and not safe commercially.
While over half of the album remains capable of being a hit.

They really aren't as different as you make them out to be.
legendtinax5lts.gif

Artemisia

Banned
While over half of the album remains capable of being a hit.

They really aren't as different as you make them out to be.
legendtinax5lts.gif

From a top 40 scene where songs like Call me Maybe and Somebody That I Used to Know are the major hits? Yes her ideas are very different.

Ties

Banned
From a top 40 scene where songs like Call me Maybe and Somebody That I Used to Know are the major hits? Yes her ideas are very different.
legendtinax5lts.gif

If you are implying that Somebody That I Used To Know was even tailor made to be a chart topper then I don't even know what to tell you. Not even going to remind you of the budget Katy Perry feature.

royalan

Your commentary on the quality and execution of her ideas is irrelevant. The point is that they ARE different, sometimes completely strange, and not safe commercially.

Kiiiiiiiiiiiiii at people thinking Judas is some experimental risk when it's really just Bad Romance with a half-assed religious analogy slapped on it.

Artemisia

Banned
How did I imply that it was tailor made?

Love songs like that do well, before and after Adele, and the fact that it was a duet only helped that.

Artemisia

Banned
Kiiiiiiiiiiiiii at people thinking Judas is some experimental risk when it's really just Bad Romance with a half-assed religious analogy slapped on it.

And that's all it takes for people to alienate it. Her album was banned in lebanon for a period of time because of this and other religious references. I mean the general public can't really take much away from that song other than "I'm in love with Judas".

Artemisia

Banned
What an iconic album. Still the center of hot arguments more than a year after release. Would anyone ever debate like this about a Katy Perry or Rihanna album?
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif

botty

Banned

And that's all it takes for people to alienate it. Her album was banned in lebanon for a period of time because of this and other religious references. I mean the general public can't really take much away from that song other than "I'm in love with Judas".

You are doing tew much right now.

i48GtohYsEPM2.gif

Kyon

Banned
What an iconic album. Still the center of hot arguments more than a year after release. Would anyone ever debate like this about a Katy Perry or Rihanna album?
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif

The MAJORITY of the discussion was of how disappointed people are with that album tho lol

And yes Judas>>> the rest except HML. Seethe

legendtinax5lts.gif

If you are implying that Somebody That I Used To Know was even tailor made to be a chart topper then I don't even know what to tell you.

Not sure what they are smoking. I mean.....I HATE the song myself....it got old incredibly fast...but it was hardly a formulaic pop song destined to smash.

What a horrible example.....

Mau ®

Seems like One Direction's Little Things will hit #1 on itunes in a few hours.

Rihanna did get it for a few hours tho kiiii

She'll get it back tho

Kyon

Banned
WaiT not Joyce Falling over.

Not Nicki getting carried around.

Not Nicki YELLING in the background and DRAGGING after Joyce done had a damn CONCUSSION

Byeeeee
j28QC.gif

Well we can't really discuss how disappointed we were about a Katy Perry or Rihanna album when no one had reasonably lofty expectations in the first place.
- We don't discuss Teenage Dream because we all are in agreement it's a good album.

- We don't discuss Loud and Talk That Talk because we all are in agreement they're trash apart from some singles.

- We do discuss Born This Way because that album was all over the place, even though it was supposed to be the album of the millennium.

DMeisterJ

Banned
1D is gaining hard :eek:

I'm glad Rih could clock PSY though. Who else would set in motion the end of the guy who reigned over the iTunes charts for weeks (months?), and I like 1D. Let's see if they can keep the #1 spot after such a meteoric rise. Rih has the BB #1 coming up in a week or two though, so that's the next milestone.

- We don't discuss Loud and Talk That Talk because we all are in agreement they're trash apart from some singles.

Now what now?

1D is gaining hard :eek:

I'm glad Rih could clock PSY though. Who else would set in motion the end of the guy who reigned over the iTunes charts for weeks (months?), and I like 1D. Let's see if they can keep the #1 spot after such a meteoric rise. Rih has the BB #1 coming up in a week or two though, so that's the next milestone.

Very unlikely. The song has 0 airplay in the US.....its a bounce fueled by the release of the album and a Today Show performance this morning.

Still impressive though imo.

Ties

Banned
- We don't discuss Teenage Dream because we all are in agreement it's a good album.

- We do discuss Born This Way because that album was all over the place, even though it was supposed to be the album of the millennium.
That's right. Teenage Deity remains an iconic, widely successful era for female MJ.
i1F87aCbQtIJv.gif

The only blemish on this post.
legendtinahpkcg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom