• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dex

Naah, there's been threads on the gaming side that are an absolute graveyard. But because of the "chat room" nature of popgaf with its small amount of highly active people, half of the posts in this thread are now from banned people, lol.

/Unrelated

Stay from Rihanna is a beautiful song. You can hear it's from the same guy that made I Know You Care for Ellie Goulding, and Video Games from Lana Del Rey.

Best be careful. Talking about Rih is like playing Russian roulette.

ib0Q9ia6abjESe.gif

IrishNinja

mods are after pop-gaf like nemesis was after s.t.a.r.s.

take it easy over on gaming side ya'll, heads is rollin (hope kyons & co are okay)

Trigger

mods are after pop-gaf like nemesis was after s.t.a.r.s.

take it easy over on gaming side ya'll, heads is rollin (hope kyons & co are okay)

I think most of the bans are for about a week or so. Without the ability to post in POP-GAF this is going to be the most productive days of their entire lives.

The new song "No Love Allowed" off the new Rihanna album is fucking awesome.

I love when she does weird shit like that.

I love sparse sounding music, and love reggae, and old sounding stuff. So this one sounds good to me.

Majmun

Trigger
image.php

Noooo, not you being a filthy 1D stan too
iMCoFBTrs1gre.gif

And yes, Unapologetic is awesome and already legendary for its POP-Gaf massacre.

B-Dex

Trigger
image.php

Noooo, not you being a filthy 1D stan too
iMCoFBTrs1gre.gif

And yes, Unapologetic is awesome and already legendary for its POP-Gaf massacre.

Yes fitting the BAJAN GOAT has to play in a GRAVEYARD along with her album sales.
Xtina should be joining her shortly

ib0Q9ia6abjESe.gif

I can already tell Unapologetic is gonna be leagues better than Loud and Talk that Talk.

I don't find any amazing songs like Rude Boy, but the quality and sound of the album is consistent and it has quite a few memorable songs.

I'd say Jump is my favorite "obvious gonna be a single and club hit"-choice, but it's ruined by the dubstep breakdown in the chorus... whyyyyy whyyyy whyyyyy. It essentially "halts" the song for 30 seconds. Everything melodic (which is supposed to be the purpose of a goddamn chorus/melody) is gone. Everything about the song sounds good and the pre-chorus build up is so great though. :( :( Wasted potential.

And as I said, Stay is a great balad. I don't think I've ever liked slow Rihanna songs because her voice is grating normally, but she sounds good here, especially when her and Mikky sing together.

Other songs I took notice of: Power it Up, What Now, Lost in Paradise.

So that's like good 5 songs already. And the rest doesn't sound immediately skippable either.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Bunch of people got banned PM begging for Rihanna's new album?

And nothing of value was lost.

Satch

Banned
lord i can't believe all the sistren are still gone

i thought that things like this get better with time
but i still need you
why is that?
youre the only image in my mind
so i still see you... around

i miss you like everyday
wanna be with you, but you're away
said i miss you
missing you insane
but if i got with you, could it feel the same?

words dont ever seem to come out right
but i still mean them
why is that?
it hurts my pride to tell you how i feel
but i still need to
why is that?

i miss you like everyday
wanna be with you
but youre away
i said i miss you
missing you insane

it dont matter who you are
it is so simple, a feeling
but its everything
no matter who you love
but its everything

i miss you like everyday
wanna be with you
but you're away
i said miss you
missing you insane

it dont matter who you are
but its everything
no matter who you love
but its everything

28alt1wdwu7p.gif

Majmun

Frank Ocean and Beysus should do another song together. I Miss You is so flawless
ib0h4qf20KNWKw.gif

I can already tell Unapologetic is gonna be leagues better than Loud and Talk that Talk.

I don't find any amazing songs like Rude Boy, but the quality and sound of the album is consistent and it has quite a few memorable songs.

I'd say Jump is my favorite "obvious gonna be a single and club hit"-choice, but it's ruined by the dubstep breakdown in the chorus... whyyyyy whyyyy whyyyyy. It essentially "halts" the song for 30 seconds. Everything melodic (which is supposed to be the purpose of a goddamn chorus/melody) is gone. Everything about the song sounds good and the pre-chorus build up is so great though. :( :( Wasted potential.

And as I said, Stay is a great balad. I don't think I've ever liked slow Rihanna songs because her voice is grating normally, but she sounds good here, especially when her and Mikky sing together.

Other songs I took notice of: Power it Up, What Now, Lost in Paradise.

So that's like good 5 songs already. And the rest doesn't sound immediately skippable either.

Yes, I love the album now. It has some killer songs. Even a filler track like Numb has a great beat.

Definitely better than TTT, that's for sure. But better than LOUD? That goes too far. There's no Only Girl, S&M, What's My name or Man Down to be found. Those are amazing songs IMO.

The album is much better than expected. The dubstep parts really ruin some tracks tho -_-

Nobodies Business feat Chris Brown is great btw. Never expected that
iWA1QQOl0FNK8.gif

Majmun

Pop-Gaf should I bother listening to Paradise? Help me decide.

Yes, you should.

I'd say all of the tracks are great. The orignal BTD album had some filler, but Paradise seems to lack any.

The first three tracks alone can be considered as one of the best Lana tracks out there. I'm glad Cola is her next single. But as botty said, expect a very gloomy record, so get your prozac ready.
I personally love melancholic Lana.

Majmun

After 4, I guess she has to start expanding her appeal... one man at a time.

ibsFwUUWkTW0SX.gif

After Biobomb and Floptus, I guess Xtina has to apply for a job at a local burger joint.

I'm sure she knows how to flip burgers after having consumed so many
ibceDM4m02xzPb.gif

Majmun

edit: Beyonce actually dropped 3 places since I posted this.

5zvrU.png

Xtina just had a album release. 4lop is almost 2 years old.

Keep your eyes on that chart once Bey's new album is released next year.

I'm sure the site is going to expand the list to a top 10000, just so they can track Xtina's position.
iQr6hsPUMADnN.gif

Majmun

The "must admit" part is kinda funny. She's making it sound like some kind of guilty pleasure.

And yeah, she rarely tweets . But still has more tweets than Beyonce
5zvrU.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom