• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

moulels

But who is this Frank Ocean? Did that boring nobody really stir up this much conversation?

i6vI8riQYU7rd.gif

Mumei

I'm not bitching about getting dragged.

I was kidding about that. There was a winky face and everything. :(

I am pointing out how you guys are picking and choosing what to suddenly be offended by.

You have received pushback for precisely two things you've decided to shade:

1) Race (Beyonce's skin; your arguments that she bleaches)
2) Sexuality (Frank's bisexuality)

And I think that if you were not so relentless and one-note about those things, it wouldn't come across the same way. It would also help if you were actually recognizably tongue-in-cheek about it instead of coming across as so apparently serious.

Or am I supposed to believe that when people make fun of Xtina's weight, they also hate fat people?

No, but when one does it vituperatively and incessantly, one begins to wonder.

I liked Soulscribe's post, but he is not quite right that this is an all-or-nothing affair. In actuality this is done on a case-by-case basis, and some things are going to have a longer leash; that's just the reality of things. Speaking candidly, I don't have a problem with the level of political incorrectness in general; people generally just pull back before it gets to that point. And this is from the perspective of moderation and from the perspective of when people are going to give you shit - and for what it's worth, people are going to give you shit for stuff a lot sooner than I'm going to moderate for anything.

But yes, the Britney stans - and Cynosure - are always doing the most when it comes to this stuff.

I'm worried about Janelle Monae and Robyn, y'all. Just how are they planning to top The ArchAndroid and Body Talk? If I were in their shoes, I think I'd just spiral into a deep depression due to the burden of expectations placed on me.
7732f81d.png

Kyon

Banned
That's because Legend X and Godney Stans are the majority here. NOTICED and SEEETHED by many. Just like our faves

*insert Mickey Mouse Club Xtina and Britney gif here*

Botty I need that gif btw

Trigger

Maybe if Fun releases a new single Janelle can sing the hook again?
ny6.gif

Well I have OTHERS to spread the 1D gospel now. I dont have to work as hard anymore :)

Indeed. A member randomly asked me who the cute guy in my avatar was and I pointed him to the 1D thread. Giving the boys promo tbh.

Mumei

You can't come for 4lops salesnumbers, ho

4 sold 1.3mln copies in NA
And almost 3mln copies worldwide

How many of your flopping faves have achieved this feat with no hitsingle?
ny2.gif
ny6.gif
ny2.gif
ny6.gif

Glitter; I think it is around 4 million.

Different era, shut up, I know

But HEW is saying that?

Why else would she bleach her skin? She's already famous. She's already rich. Booty (or Arte) played this vid in the plug room and cackled throughout, about this girl who hated being black so much she "bleached" (to no avail) 10 times a day.

And I think that if you were not so relentless and one-note about those things, it wouldn't come across the same way. It would also help if you were actually recognizably tongue-in-cheek about it instead of coming across as so apparently serious.
I'm glad you can type what I'm thinking Mumei.

ibclJkA6kqFeev.gif

Majmun

I'm worried about Janelle Monae and Robyn, y'all. Just how are they planning to top The ArchAndroid and Body Talk? If I were in their shoes, I think I'd just spiral into a deep depression due to the burden of expectations placed on me.
7732f81d.png

I'm in the same situation, especially when it comes to Janelle. Is it possible to top The ArchAndroid???

But I also thought that Robyn would have a hard time improving her Robyn album. But she annihilated it with Godly Talk. What a classic. But how will she improve that???

I'm still sad that Janelle hasn't released any new music info. I remember being VERY happy when The Electric Lady was announced as a 2012 release. But not only that, it would also be a double album.

But now??? Nothing. Both Robyn and Janelle have left us out in the cold with no info whatsoever. But I expect them to deliver, that's for sure.

botty

Banned
"Francis"

You don't have to put that in quotation, that is his actual name.

ipD8y9xtjEkKZ.jpg

Isn't it the same deal with 4 tho

ny2.gif
ny2.gif
ny2.gif
ny2.gif

ipD8y9xtjEkKZ.jpg

Like I said a few pages ago...

Soon
ny6.gif

I can't.

ipD8y9xtjEkKZ.jpg

First, let me correct everyone on this. When shading Beyonce about her bleaching, it has nothing to do with her race. It only became about race when certain people began putting those thoughts out there, which in turn made me question her affinity with looking pale.

Now whether or not Beyonce actually bleaches is one thing, but to deny that her image has shifted from the darker tanned skin she started her career with, to the borderline albino (excuse the hyperbole) color she is now is just ridiculous. This isn't an isolated accusation, nor is it lacking in evidence.

As for Frank Ocean's sexuality; His "coming out" was suspiciously unveiled right before his album released, and was quickly supported by a certain artist. A lot of people believed this was a ploy to build interest, and hype around him. This is why I drag in that particular sense, but not specifically because he is bisexual. The draggings aren't even specifically directed at his sexuality, and are often about how terrible his album is. Frank Ocean's songs are mostly about love, and sex... which I simply connect to his sexuality. The same occurs with Taylor, Xtina, Adele, and any other artist who has music with the same themes.

No, but when one does it vituperatively and incessantly, one begins to wonder.

Dragging Mariah for her weight is possibly the only way to really shade her. They can't really talk about her music, talent, or sales... so it should come as no surprise that the limited selections are used frequently.

I liked Soulscribe's post, but he is not quite right that this is an all-or-nothing affair. In actuality this is done on a case-by-case basis, and some things are going to have a longer leash; that's just the reality of things. Speaking candidly, I don't have a problem with the level of political incorrectness in general; people generally just pull back before it gets to that point. And this is from the perspective of moderation and from the perspective of when people are going to give you shit - and for what it's worth, people are going to give you shit for stuff a lot sooner than I'm going to moderate for anything.

But yes, the Britney stans - and Cynosure - are always doing the most when it comes to this stuff.

I do believe there is a balance too. I wouldn't make fun of Rihanna's domestic violence stuff, nor would I joke about your faves being diseased
sorry, koo<3

and...

Cynosure is flawless, I don't know what you are talking about.

tumblr_madm8lgjwY1rqqk0ko1_100.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom