• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Banned
A lot of people seem not to like Lana Del Ray (manufactured, fake whatever) but I am amazed by the quality she has put out so far.

Great videos to boot.

Her delivery of the first lines of Blue Jeans is a raw kick to the balls.

botty

Banned
How can Lana Del Rey come for anyone's wig when her Born To Die era is coming to a close?

z63MU.gif

royalan

And we can't really compare Bionic with 4. Beyonce's "flop" album sold millions of copies and received critical acclaim. Sure, it was a flop for Beyonce standards, but some other faves dream to have such a good selling album.

Not initially, though. While 4 did debut at #1, it did so at one of the slowest times of the year and with the lowest 1st week numbers of her career since Dangerously In Love. And the sales for the next week were lower. It was all over the blogs how 4 was initially underperforming.

But that didn't stop Bey. The interviews kept coming. The singles kept coming. The videos kept coming.

She performed at the VMAs.

Homegirl got PREGNANT and STILL performed the album.

Then had the baby, and then did ANOTHER "4" concert.

"4" is by far not my favorite Beyonce album, but I can't deny she HUSTLED that album to the top. Nobody talks about it being a flop now, by any standard. How it should be done, tbh...

Not that my fave doesn't have similar drive (she did much of the Back to Basics Tour while pregnant with Max, for example). But I'm hoping that we see the return of Agressivetina to promote Lotus. If she puts even half the hustle into it that Beyonce did with 4, there's no way it'll flop.

royalan

I actually wouldn't mind if ADELE retired from music in favor of a talk show career. I'd probably stan even harder.

ibrcYzstvnq1HX.gif

I'd be here for that. I need someone to fill the void left by Tyra. ;____;

But wait a second. I thought Botty-sis was just throwing shade for the hell of it with that comment. Was there some recent tea that I missed?

Trigger

I'd be here for that. I need someone to fill the void left by Tyra. ;____;

But wait a second. I thought Botty-sis was just throwing shade for the hell of it with that comment. Was there some recent tea that I missed?

One of my favorite talk shows after she got into her zone.

Majmun

Beyonce is getting ready for the influx of cash coming in a few weeks to her joint account. #CARTERTAX

tumblr_m6szipLmVw1rxpbdvo1_500.gif

Yes, Blu Ivy can already retire thanks to Rih's success. Even I will participate in the #CARTERTAX by buying Rih's next album.

Can't wait.
tumblr_m6szipLmVw1rxpbdvo1_500.gif

@ royalan

Beyonce shot the "4" video's in a few weeks. And then released them on the internet. That's not really promo. Promo is going on tour or actually singing your songs in different shows. And Bey didn't really do that.
When she did interviews, it was all about her pregnancy. Sure, she did the VMA's and the Billboard performance. But that's not everything...

I remember her being on the radio/television performing all the time when I Am...Sasha Fierce was released. But the "4" era was spent on being pregnant instead of focusing on her music.

Her next album will slay basically everything, unless she gets pregnant again. She can't go wrong when she's focused on something. And she has a backing partner like Jay-Z. He will do everything for her to succeed.

Koodo

Banned
Cooking with Adele.

I would watch religiously.
5zvrU.png
She did a small cooking segment for laughs in outtakes of the Anderson Cooper interview and, to the shock of no one, punched the Food Network out of the game.

What kind of potential reign. Rachel HEW? OPRAH HEW?

5zvrU.png

No, she's just a mother-to-be who won't do anything music related until she feels like it, which likely won't be for a long while. SKYFALL happened because it's James Bond and she was in talks to do it since last year.

DMeisterJ

Banned
No, she's just a mother-to-be who won't do anything music related until she feels like it, which likely won't be for a long while. SKYFALL happened because it's James Bond and she was in talks to do it since last year.

Not her giving all of our faves a stay of execution. Allowing them to not be flops.

She's so nice.

Touchdown

Banned
President Obama weighs in on Godriah / Nicki feud:

"I think that they are going to be able to sort it out. I am confident. I am all about bringing people together, working for the same cause. So, I think both outstanding artists are going to be able to make sure that, you know, they're moving forward and not going backwards. Mariah, she's actually done some events for us. I've gotten to know her and Nick, and she's a wonderful lady. Nicki, I don't know, but I've got her on my iPod."

mariah-no.gif

President Obama weighs in on Godriah / Nicki feud:

"I think that they are going to be able to sort it out. I am confident. I am all about bringing people together, working for the same cause. So, I think both outstanding artists are going to be able to make sure that, you know, they're moving forward and not going backwards. Mariah, she's actually done some events for us. I've gotten to know her and Nick, and she's a wonderful lady. Nicki, I don't know, but I've got her on my iPod."

mariah-no.gif
Juxtaposing "She's a wonderful lady" with "I don't know..."

DAT presidential shade, icant

Happy 21st birthday Kyon! :)

The demo for Kelly Clarkson's new smash PEOPLE LIKE US has leaked.

ibbAWXKAWXgbX5.gif

Some lyrics are cringe-worthy, but it's less cringe-worthy than the demo for Stronger, and Kelly managed to turn that into pop perfection. Can't wait to see what she does with this one.
I'm going to refrain from listening to this demo, seeing as there's only two other new tracks on the Greatest Hits album besides "Catch My Breath". I definitely don't want to be all spoiled. Glad to hear it's less cringeworthy than the Stronger demo, though. You are giving me hope Crumpet. :D

I'm going to refrain from listening to this demo, seeing as there's only two other new tracks on the Greatest Hits album besides "Catch My Breath". I definitely don't want to be all spoiled. Glad to hear it's less cringeworthy than the Stronger demo, though. You are giving me hope Crumpet. :D
The final version is apparently produced by Darkchild. After listening to the demo a few more times, I wouldn't be surprised it becomes her next #1.

ibbAWXKAWXgbX5.gif

Mau ®

Not TIME dragging Rih through the mud
jonny_zps301882f1.png

Dear Rihanna,

We’re worried about you. Not because of your tumultuous romantic life, and not because the makeup artist for your latest Vogue cover shoot appears to have had a vendetta against you. No, our concerns are purely musical in nature.

You see, your songs have always relied on a certain amount of repetition, and those bouncy verse-chorus reps have served you well ever since “Pon de Replay” and “S.O.S.” established you back in 2005 and 2006. But the limitations of verse-chorus cycles are becoming apparent on your recent records, giving them a vaguely joyless sheen, and we fear it may be a case of good girl gone fembot.

It's OK tho. The New York Times gave Diamonds a glowing review.

The demo for Kelly Clarkson's new smash PEOPLE LIKE US has leaked.

ibbAWXKAWXgbX5.gif

Some lyrics are cringe-worthy, but it's less cringe-worthy than the demo for Stronger, and Kelly managed to turn that into pop perfection. Can't wait to see what she does with this one.

A lot of potential here.

Could be huge.

Going to be a shame when she takes some time off touring for promo. I am use to getting a godly new cover on her tour once or twice a week. Her "Walking on Broken Glass" was perfection.

Styles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom