• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Femme Fatale is an auto tuned mess of an album with decent production and beats. Next. I should have just stuck with the singles, nothing here I can use except Trip to your heart or w/e it's called.

Also LOLOLOLOL at Second stanning Big Fat Bass, that is the biggest piece of shit in anyone's discography ever. Everyone should know to ignore her opinion from now on, stanning that song is the equivalent of a crime. Jail time would be adequate.

tumblr_mcs9webCw61r8bvzso1_250.gif

umm

Inside Out >>>>

iQeb8yAgyT8Wc.gif

Nemesis_

Why do people seem to have such a big problem with the gifs I use? I'm not "trying to make it happen." Stop being so pressed.

tumblr_mebzjum6dW1r1z5a3o1_250.gif

I think because you move through era's faster than Rihanna moves through singles.

IDC anymore though, though your current era is not to my tastes. *>*

EDIT: Also they're gross HIGH CONTRAST tumblr GIFs

DMeisterJ

Banned
Why do people seem to have such a big problem with the gifs I use? I'm not "trying to make it happen." Stop being so pressed.

tumblr_mebzjum6dW1r1z5a3o1_250.gif

Because you use shit tumblr gifs instead of making your own or stealing good non-tumblr gifs and use them at the end of all of your posts. That 'this' gif you posted a few days ago looped horrible and quickly and was by far the most annoying gif in existence since you insisted on repeatedly posting such a shit gif.

royalan

Femme Fatale is an auto tuned mess of an album with decent production and beats. Next. I should have just stuck with the singles, nothing here I can use except Trip to your heart or w/e it's called.

Also LOLOLOLOL at Second stanning Big Fat Bass, that is the biggest piece of shit in anyone's discography ever. Everyone should know to ignore her opinion from now on, stanning that song is the equivalent of a crime. Jail time would be adequate.

tumblr_mcs9webCw61r8bvzso1_250.gif

I agree with all of this. My opinion of Vegetable Fatale nosedived as time went on.

I too only use Trip To Your Heart now. And that's mostly because it reminds me of a Kylie song.

Nemesis_

There are so many GIFs that are INFINITELY better than that boring one.

I agree with all of this. My opinion of Vegetable Fatale nosedived as time went on.

I too only use Trip To Your Heart now. And that's mostly because it reminds me of a Kylie song.

OH WOW I AM SO SURPRISED, THESE SHOCKING OPINIONS

royalan

There are so many GIFs that are INFINITELY better than that boring one.

OH WOW I AM SO SURPRISED, THESE SHOCKING OPINIONS

Hey, don't get me twisted. I don't Stan her now and I think she's a mess. But I've stanned some of her eras and been open about it.

Just not Lobotomy Fatale...or Circus (well, I DID use Womanizer and Mmm Papi).

Bladenic

Because you use shit tumblr gifs instead of making your own or stealing good non-tumblr gifs and use them at the end of all of your posts. That 'this' gif you posted a few days ago looped horrible and quickly and was by far the most annoying gif in existence since you insisted on repeatedly posting such a shit gif.

And as usual, you are the most pressed when it comes to me. Stay Londa, as you say. And I don't use gifs at the end of all my posts, no need to let your anger cloud your judgment with lies.

Here's you right now.

tumblr_me9o8tKVaX1qd7fc3o2_250.gif

Bye.

tumblr_mebf4fQG6L1rb3tajo1_r1_500.gif

And so what if I go through "eras", I usually use gifs of something I currently like, but gifs get old quickly so I switch. Ya'll need to stop being pressed over such trivial things like what gifs I use. At least I keep it fresh by constantly switching.

But enough of this before Mumei gets crackin, that Hayden country song is quite catchy. That show is starting to become too soapy and thus boring, hope it picks up soon.

Artemisia

Banned
DMJ is always angry.

Channel the anger you get from Rihanna's middling debut sales and lack of talent away from the keyboard.

You can do it, sis.

ilMJWemrXiLDn.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
And as usual, you are the most pressed when it comes to me. Stay Londa, as you say. And I don't use gifs at the end of all my posts, no need to let your anger cloud your judgment with lies.

Bye. Look at your post. You asked a question which I answered. There is no pressed-ness from me. I just answer your question with some brutal honesty.

You tried tho.

DMJ is always angry.

Channel the anger you get from Rihanna's middling debut sales and lack of talent away from the keyboard.

You can do it, sis.

ilMJWemrXiLDn.gif

I only act that way toward you since I was rooting for you (we were all rooting for you) to not be a shit poster.

Artemisia

Banned
I only act that way toward you since I was rooting for you (we were all rooting for you) to not be a shit poster.

I'm sorry I didn't live up to the potential you had in mind. It's quite similar to how Rihanna doesn't live up to the sales potential you would expect of an artist with 12 number 1s.

iUCBqAsYkTrCN.gif

Nemesis_

Ima just not gonna post AS MUCH anymore unless it's about music since people keep putting WORDS INTO MY MOUTH.

It's TIRING. Especially when it's the SAME PEOPLE

Mumei

Oh for fuck's sake stop this shitty bickering. All of you. I'm going to ban people if you start doing this again. I can't even tell what you are even mad about. And I don't care if you're not actually mad and the other person is really pressed. It's obnoxious either way.

Who do we PM to appeal moderation choices? I need to get in contact with someone who can handle Mumei's bias against Rih stans.

Well, I sent your query to the committee and the responses thus far have been "oh my god you people" and "I clicked on it and it crashed so I assume there were too many gifs."

Best of luck to you, though.

Oh for fuck's sake stop this shitty bickering. All of you. I'm going to ban people if you start doing this again. I can't even tell what you are even mad about. And I don't care if you're not actually mad and the other person is really pressed. It's obnoxious either way.

Well, I sent your query to the committee and the responses thus far have been "oh my god you people" and "I clicked on it and it crashed so I assume there were too many gifs."

Best of luck to you, though.

i9G2nDSnVGqMq.gif

Koodo

Banned
Hey, don't get me twisted. I don't Stan her now and I think she's a mess. But I've stanned some of her eras and been open about it.

Just not Lobotomy Fatale...or Circus (well, I DID use Womanizer and Mmm Papi).
Are you saying you never stanned for Femme Fatale? Child boo, let's not rewrite history now.

Listened it to the leak twice already. My take:

Till The World Ends (3 out of 5)--I think this song gets more flack than it deserves, partly because of Ke$ha's involvement. Very Ke$ha sounding, but I still think Britney manages to make the song her own with her unique "come hither" school-girl vocals that she's perfected over the years. TTWE has arguably the most danceable chorus on the album...if a bit repetitive for obvious reasons. In my opinion, this is the most obvious meant-for-radio song on Femme Fatale, and really doesn't try to break new ground like its sister tracks, instead choosing to stick to the Pop formula that worked most of 2010.

Hold It Against Me (3 out of 5)--It's funny how this song was hailed as pop innovation when it was first released, but in the context of the rest of the album it sounds stale. Testament to the overall strength of this album. Undeniable radio smash though, and I've always liked how meticulously the flow of the song was controlled, leading to a build-up that you rarely see in a song meant for the Top 40.

Inside Out (5 out of 5)-- Really the standout track of the album for me. I've always loved when Britney dabbled a bit in urban beats ("Slave 4 U" is still one of my favorite Godney tracks), and "Inside Out" is easily the song most likely to get some Urban radio love from FF. The "farewell fuck" is a very hot and relatable subject. I can see a remix with Ludacris or Drake contributing a male-response verse making this an Urban smash and, really, it should be the next single. The beat grinds and pulses in a very sexy way. Love this track.

I Wanna Go (5 out of 5)-- Another dance standard. Love the constant pulse of this song, and the bridge is absolutely brilliant -- love the innocent whistle effect when she's claiming naivety at being a wanton slut. The bridge is hotter than the chorus.

How I Roll (4 out of 5)-- Easily the most experimental track on the album. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's got the bubble-gum pop aspect about it that reminds me a lot of her earlier work, and yet it seems years ahead of what any other pop act in the US is doing right now. I'm not sure if it really gets where it's trying to go, though. It's lacking in a way I can't describe.

(Drop Dead) Beautiful feat. Sabi (3 out 5)-- Sounds like a leftover from Circus, and the Sabi feature really added nothing to the song. Britney could have done that rap herself. The breakdown at the end was hot, though.

Seal It With a Kiss (3 out of 5)-- Not a bad track - no track on this album is really BAD - but the closest we get to filler. Just mediocre. I feel like they were going for a play on cheese...but just came off as cheesy. Something about this song is giving me Kylie Minogue vibes, and Kylie is best left to Kylie.

The Best Fat Bass (2 out of 5)--Is Will.I.Am.'s time in the producer spotlight over yet? I am so done with his production style it's not even funny. This song sounds like a leftover from The End...in fact, at certain points he makes Godney sound like the infinitely lesser Fergie, which only makes me want to throw my laptop at the wall. I'm sick of Will.I.Am's production, and I'm even sicker of his weak rapping. Everything about this track is just so damn repetitive and stale. Liked the piano use, and that's it.

Trouble For Me (4 out of 5)-- Every album has that song that's absolutely amazing within the context of the album, but probably wouldn't fare well as a stand-alone single, and for me this song is it. Another song where the bridge absolutely makes the track. The transition is amazing, and I can already tell that "You know I can make your night, you wanna get it" is gonna be in my vernacular for the rest of the year. Also, it's worth noting the this song contains Britney's most impressive vocal showing on the album. Even through all the vocal distortions, her voice shines through. Vocally, it reminds me of her earlier work, when she was still a young pop act with something to prove and producers weren't afraid to be hard on her.

Trip To Your Heart (4 out of 5)--Another song that gives me Kylie vibes - specifically, something that would have been on her "X" album - but unlike "Seal It With a Kiss" the track is strong enough for that similarity to not be annoying. Very dreamy mid-tempo pop.

Gasoline (3 out of 5)-- Very middle of the road for me. Still good, better than your faves, just not remarkable in the context of the rest of this great album.

Criminal (5 out of 5)-- Another standout. Agree 100% with everyone who compared this with Britney's earlier work. Vocally, this is up there with "Trouble for Me" for strongest on the album, and has her reverting to a vocal style (her famous high-pitched warble) that she hasn't really used since "In The Zone." This song is classic Britney, and harkens back to a more innocent time in her career. Ends this album on a very strong note.

Overall, this album is easily one of Britney's best. Fan opinion seems to be that it wrestles with Blackout for the title of THE best, but both albums are good for different reasons. Femme Fatale is definitely a more cohesive and thought-out album than Blackout was. However, FF's highs don't really meet the genius that was Blackout's good moments. "Gimme More", "(Get Naked) I Gotta Plan", "Freakshow", and "Radar" all pretty much meet or beat the best of Femme Fatale. Blackout, however, did have some stinkers in "Hot as Ice", "Ooh Ooh Baby", and "Toy Soldier", whereas I feel Femme Fatales low moments aren't quite as bad, and definitely fit the album.

We won't even get into Circus.

Definitely the best Pop album of the year so far, and I think that only Gaga has a chance of really topping her (which I don't think will happen). Hell, I'll say Femme Fatale shits on every Pop album released LAST year.

I wish Britney was in a better place to give the album the promotion it deserves, but vocally it's a return to form for her. An extremely cohesive album, and at a time with most pop acts build their albums out of potential #1's, it's refreshing to see the biggest pop star of them all going down a different path and giving us a complete, cohesive effort.

(4 1/2 out of 5)
ibunsI6yZOejz5.gif

royalan

GodDAMN...

I really loved me some Femme Fatale back in the day, huh?

It's funny; rereading my review I still agree with a lot of what I said about the album, even the part about it being better than most Pop albums that came out that year.

But now I'm thinking that was less praise for Femme Fatale and more condemnation for the flop state of Pop that year. I've also been exposed to a much broader range of Pop music in the time since I wrote that review. I honestly can't listen to FF now and say that I feel the same about it. I don't. Whereas Brit has albums that I loved at the time and still love now (ITZ, Blackout)

Still, good clock nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom