• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Have ya'll forgotten that neither Target(her biggest retailer) and Wal Mart didnt stock it, the biggest retailer that did was Best Buy and they only got a few copies

ibyuIZ8sbXdVcK.gif

and you cant buy the Re-Up separately, you have to buy the whole PF:RR album again
ibyuIZ8sbXdVcK.gif

Majmun

And yet Paradise, under similar availability and with less promotion, managed to outsell The Re-Up ten times over.

What is The Re-Up's excuse other than its gluteoplastic owner being a failure?

Isn't Paradise a bigger hit than Lotus WW?

I thought Lana's re-release almost did the same numbers as Lotus in the NA. And Lana is pretty big outside of NA.

Mau ®

So?

Channel Orange was released only on digital (A WEEK EARLIER) for a week yet managed to sell 13 times that of Re-Up. In fact Target NEVER carried the album after that early release fiasco.

Koodo

Banned

I thought Lana's re-release almost did the same numbers as Lotus in the NA. And Lana is pretty big outside of NA.
Yes. Paradise remains selling about 70k a week (and rising) worldwide, while Cactus is already uncharted.

Nothing can stop the Dalai Lana.

iTALfbYZo6SR9.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
So?

Channel Orange was released only on digital (A WEEK EARLIER) for a week yet managed to sell 13 times that of Re-Up. In fact Target NEVER carried the album after that early release fiasco.

So you are comparing an album with a re-release?

Well with that Navy logic, PF:RR sold more than Rihanna's re-release. What happened there?

okaye9fqag.gif

Mau ®

So you are comparing an album with a re-release?

TFM was a re-release too.

The fact is RE-UP is still 8 NEW TRACKS release as stand-alone too on itunes. Yet it failed to garner as much traction as unknown Frank Ocean... despite Garbaj being queen of whatever you guys peg her for.

Its a HUGE flop. You know this to be true.

okaye9fqag.gif

botty

Banned
K I already clocked Botty on this but he TENDS TO FORGET convinient details

Franks Ocean's CHANNEL ORANGE and Lana's PARADISE had a limited release for its first week of availability yet t hey sold about 10 TIMES MORE than Re-Up

What exactly happened with Paradise edition's limited release? Does it compare to what happened with The Re-Up?

The Fame Monster was a RE-RELEASE similar to Re-Up too yet the Re-Up ain't ever gonna touch even A SCINTILLA of the success it had.

Even freaking REMIX albums by Rihanna have sold MORE than that shit
lmfao.gif

So any excuses about the Re-Up flopping are just that... EXCUSES... isnt she the Queen of Rap Pop, anyway?
lmfao.gif

Some Queen.

You keep comparing different situations to the Re-Up...

Cynosure

WW sales doesn't matter though, and Lana's desperation to make it in the US shows that.

she'll probably release one more album, and if that fails, she'll mostly likely stop trying and wont release anything anywhere.

destined to be forgotten meme

tumblr_mdfvf419X01rkb7q6o1_500.gif

Mau ®

You keep comparing different situations to the Re-Up...

What different situation?

Shouldnt Minaj's new MUSIC RELEASE be more attractive to buyers than a remix album by "flop singer who cant sell shit" Rihanna?

Why is it that DIGITAL ONLY releases sell more than the RE-UP anyway?

Its plain as day. THE INTEREST AINT THERE.

Radio has dropped her. Buyers have dropped her. What more do you want? She wasnt carried by Target? As if that would've made a HUGE difference seeing as there's no interest for any of her singles either way.

FLOP its what its called.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
TFM was a re-release too.

The fact is RE-UP is still 8 NEW TRACKS release as stand-alone too on itunes. Yet it failed to garner as much traction as unknown Frank Ocean... despite Garbaj being queen of whatever you guys peg her for.

Its a HUGE flop. You know this to be true.

It is a flop but you keep ignoring the facts and bringing up different straw man. You CAN'T buy the Re-Up separately its sitting right now on iTunes at $15.00 packaged with PF:RR. Why would people that have PF:RR buy it, you might as well buy the songs separately. It also doesn't help that iTunes is only one of the few places that you can buy it. Freedom and The Boys aren't massive hits and VVV was already found in the Deluxe version of PF:RR. The whole thing is a mess but its failure isn't really comparable to other re-releases.

botty

Banned
Even Halcyon has more impact than Paradise Edition, according to billboards

It is a flop but you keep ignoring the facts and bringing up different straw man. You CAN'T buy the Re-Up separately its sitting right now on iTunes at $15.00 packaged with PF:RR. Why would people that have PF:RR buy it, you might as well buy the songs separately. It also doesn't help that iTunes is only one of the few places that you can buy it. Freedom and The Boys aren't massive hits and VVV was already found in the Deluxe version of PF:RR. The whole thing is a mess but its failure isn't really comparable to other re-releases.

I honestly don't know what else be said... the release was a mess, and it's being compared to heavily promoted albums.

Christopher

Did va va voom slay? I heard it on the radio only a handful of times pound the alarm was on much more. I think the public has grown tired of her ...

Tomodachi

I thought that too, but...

Civilization IV was the first game to ever win a grammy.

Shadow of the Colossus should've been the first, tbh
5b373a2e.gif

Civilization was nominated (and won) not as a whole, just the main track (the vocal theme in the opening which every time gets rearranged, the original was from 2005 even though it won only two years ago). Journey got nominated as an entire score and should definitely win. I bought it from iTunes as soon as it came out.

Game of the year with soundtrack of the forever, the other games tried though.

Majmun

Civilization was nominated (and won) not as a whole, just the main track (the vocal theme in the opening which every time gets rearranged, the original was from 2005 even though it won only two years ago). Journey got nominated as an entire score and should definitely win. I bought it from iTunes as soon as it came out.

Game of the year with soundtrack of the forever, the other games tried though.

Ahhh, yeah, that was the difference! :)
Civ was only nominated for one track. Journey for the whole OST

It's my GOTY too, btw. The others games did try. And the OST is truly something else *.*

botty

Banned
I wasn't really sad until I saw her tweets, they were both judges in La Voz

Imagine losing one of your faves
nEhM4.gif

Is this really a tweet from Jenni's son?:

"Johnny Angel Lopez ‏@johnnylopezfilm
People what the media is saying that the plane is found is bullcrap. We would be the first to know"

Why are you comparing Halcyon, an album, with an EP?

Well, it's higher than "Born To Die" too.

tnDnW.gif

Bladenic

WW sales doesn't matter though, and Lana's desperation to make it in the US shows that.

she'll probably release one more album, and if that fails, she'll mostly likely stop trying and wont release anything anywhere.

destined to be forgotten meme

tumblr_mdfvf419X01rkb7q6o1_500.gif

WW sales don't matter? Since when?

And even if that's true, then Xtina should also stop trying.

DMeisterJ

Banned
WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS - Scream And Shout: 22.208 (+ 2.446)
C. AGUILERA & B. SHELTON - Just A Fool: 1.954 (+ 0.090)

Britney clocked a higher update today than Xtina has managed over the past few weeks. Even after her Ellen 'promo'.

Is this what Rihanna stans consider impressive?

z63MU.gif

I'm glad you have to ask other stanbases what success looks like. God knows your fave hasn't experienced it in forever.

z63MU.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom