• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

Wasn't 4 actually pretty well received though? It didn't flop for want of quality.

Well received by critics. Fans were divided.

I'm in the "Love it" camp

I wouldn't mind if her next album would take the same direction. But I'm ok with anything. So thirsty for new Bey material.

As long as it's not dubstep...
ibyuIZ8sbXdVcK.gif

royalan

In an attempt to pander to an audience she's never had, Beyonce's first single will be a ripoff of Shakira's "Waka Waka."

She will perform at the Super Bowl wearing a tofurkey dress.

You heard it here first.

Koodo

Banned
In an attempt to pander to an audience she's never had, Beyonce's first single will be a ripoff of Shakira's "Waka Waka."

She will perform at the Super Bowl wearing a tofurkey dress.

You heard it here first.
Beyonce already tried that back during B'Day and made a damn fool of herself.

Remember when she was dancing next to Shakira and couldn't keep up.
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

They better rack that promo up before their first single. Since both bands will be sharing the same fanbase they kinda need it.

Yeah I can agree with this.

Its all moot if their first single isn't good though. The choice of What Makes You Beautiful by 1D's management was masterful.

Delio

Yeah I can agree with this.

Its all moot if their first single isn't good though. The choice of What Makes You Beautiful by 1D's management was masterful.

I'm worried about what the first single will be. No slow ballads it needs to be a nice poppy song. But they NEED to toss Jaymi in the lead spot for that.

I'm worried about what the first single will be. No slow ballads it needs to be a nice poppy song. But they NEED to toss Jaymi in the lead spot for that.

Yeah.

I am still worried from comments that Jaymi has made in interviews that he will insist of going for a different type of song. Which would be crazy at this point of their careers........ We will see.

On the 1D topic.... Take Me Home was certified platinum (will hit 1m in actual sales next week). Which means it will almost certainly have matched Up All Night's sales by the end of the holidays. All without a song on the radio in the US.

ibx6BNti7d541r.gif

Majmun

What is Shakira actually currently doing? Besides riding that soccer dude...

Is she going to release a new album next year?

Delio

Yeah.On the 1D topic.... Take Me Home was certified platinum (will hit 1m in actual sales next week). Which means it will almost certainly have matched Up All Night's sales by the end of the holidays. All without a song on the radio in the US.

ibx6BNti7d541r.gif

So Take me Home will do bette rin the long run than Up All Night. Lovely. Maybe the plan of a new album every Holiday is working out.

tumblr_meuaqkaycL1rv1o6n.gif

So Take me Home will do bette rin the long run than Up All Night. Lovely. Maybe the plan of a new album every Holiday is working out.

tumblr_meuaqkaycL1rv1o6n.gif

Not a very long run. 2 months before it passes it imo.

I suspect you are correct that they will almost certainly get on a yearly release schedule.....here's hoping at some point we get actual radio hits to go along with the album sales.....

iAvlanlzhQVdF.gif

Koodo

Banned
What is Shakira actually currently doing? Besides riding that soccer dude...

Is she going to release a new album next year?
Besides? Your fave, and yourself, would wish to be climbing that summit.

ibWspHZnW3Omb.gif

She had an English album (ew) planned for this year, but it got postponed due to her pregnancy. It will probably arrive next year, and I wouldn't be surprised if it has been completely revamped (and rid of LMFAO and Skrillex, GOD WILLING).

Delio

I'm hoping for that as well Waffle. We need more radio hits..course atleast they arent single artists like some I could name.

tumblr_meuaq5Bkg11s02tnfo1_500.gif

I'm hoping for that as well Waffle. We need more radio hits..course atleast they arent single artists like some I could name.

tumblr_meuaq5Bkg11s02tnfo1_500.gif

lol

I suppose that is something.

Do we have a date on Kiss You video or anything? Not that I am hyped for it or anything......but the promo could really kickstart their flagging radio presence in the states.

Majmun

Shakira is so much hotter than Beyonce. It's not even a challenge. Sorry Illuminati, but it's just the truth.

Beyonce has a better looking face, tho. But body and overal hotness? Shaki wins.

None that I know of yet. Hopefully soon ugh.

Yeah. At least that teaser has set my expectations extremely low......its going to be hard to disappoint me at this point.

I wonder what the next single will be.......looking at the track list I don't see an obvious #3. C'Mon C'Mon is probably the expected choice but I think its pace is too similar to Kiss You. Last First Kiss would be an option but I really doubt they will go for two singles in a row with "Kiss" in the title. After those it really is wide open......I have no clue......

(I am rooting for Over Again....not sure it will happen after Little Things though)

Delio

Yeah. At least that teaser has set my expectations extremely low......its going to be hard to disappoint me at this point.

I wonder what the next single will be.......looking at the track list I don't see an obvious #3. C'Mon C'Mon is probably the expected choice but I think its pace is too similar to Kiss You. Last First Kiss would be an option but I really doubt they will go for two singles in a row with "Kiss" in the title. After those it really is wide open......I have no clue......

(I am rooting for Over Again....not sure it will happen after Little Things though)

Im rooting for Over Again as well . oop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom