• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
my standards are already low

but i typically have low standards for most things

it's how i avoid disappointment

iRQfql4JSRImd.gif

It is the best way.

Look what high expectations did to Botty and Roy....... they may never recover......

ibrGEI8NrDywHv.gif

Let us not make the same mistakes.

My least favorite song on the album, but a good video.

Really? I hated it.....a bit of an bad Avril tease.

I suppose the part that was during the actual song was fine.....start and end were pure shit though. Taylor does not work in a voice over. Completely failed to set the mood......

Majmun

Let me dispose of this trash before I can continue.
I'll be swift

imHWDktp1Kdom.gif

Right...

I just don't see how Pepcé can flop. There's:

- this $50.000.000 Pepsi endorsement deal
- a Super Bowl performance
- the Beyoncé legacy

This alone means that her album is going to sell really well. Even 4flop sold millions of copies without any hits, a huge deal or Super Bowl. If her next single is going to smash, then no one will be able to touch her.

Trigger

Really? I hated it.....a bit of an bad Avril tease.

I suppose the part that was during the actual song was fine.....start and end were pure shit though. Taylor does not work in a voice over. Completely failed to set the mood......

Yeah, I thought it was decent. Lana did the concept much better with her video for Ride.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Yeah, I thought it was decent. Lana did the concept much better with her video for Ride.

I believe its from the same director, you can see Ride/Diamonds/IKYWT have the same filter.

tbh I am not liking his style, too much black bars not enough video. Music videos are for YouTube not for a widescreen.

I am just tired of artists ruining videos with pointless/terrible/extended openings and closing. Thats just a crime against video's for me. After one or two watches most people just skip them.......so why put them in to begin with?

If you take all that away....the video is just OK.

royalan

Don't even have to get into the been-there-done-better-by-Rihanna concept of the video.

That weird aspect ratio and the quick scene jumps made that video unwatchable for me. I had a headache halfway through.

Majmun

Shiiitt totally forgot about the HBO documentary

So...

- $50.000.000 Pepsi deal
- Super Bowl Performance
- HBO Documentary
- Beyoncé Legacy
- The Illuminati

Pepcé slayage CONFIRMED
legend.gif

royalan

Shiiitt totally forgot about the HBO documentary

So...

- $50.000.000 Pepsi deal - Other artists have had deals with Pepsi and flopped before.
- Super Bowl Performance - Madonna
- HBO Documentary - Documentary on a premium cable network whose primary source of subscribers are people who DON'T stan and probably don't listen to Beyonce anyway. In other words...HEW cares?
- Beyoncé Legacy - That legacy sure helped 4...
- The Illuminati
- See above

Pepcé slayage CONFIRMED
legend.gif

If this year taught us anything, it's that NOTHING is confirmed.

royalan

Well not yet I suppose.

IF the first single is a hit and takes off on radio I don't see much that can stop Bey at this point.....as usual.....it hinges on the music when you get down to it.

Ke$ha is sad that you're incorrect about this.

Not that I expect the song to be good. It'll be garbage lifted from a better artist as per with her.

It's faded, so it must be her.

But yeah, comparing Bey to Ke$ha. I still cant tbh

For the record and future generations. What sales #'s would you consider to be flop/ok/smash for Bey with this coming album? Considering her last album's opening week for 310,000 where do you expect this to land? Its one thing to predict a smash.....its probably only a few months out at this point.........lets talk numbers.

For me:
<300k = Flop
300-450k = Good
>450k = Smash

My prediction: 475k first week.

royalan

For the record and future generations. What sales #'s would you consider to be flop/ok/smash for Bey with this coming album? Considering her last album's opening week for 310,000 where do you expect this to land? Its one thing to predict a smash.....its probably only a few months out at this point.........lets talk numbers.

For me:
<300k = Flop
300-450k = Good
>450k = Smash

Um...no WAY is Beyonce outperforming MDNA's opening numbers (350k).

-RECORD BREAKING Superbowl Performance
-Insane amount of release promo
-The MADONNA Legacy

5 won't sell more than 200k first week.

If 5 doesnt open around 500k~, I am going to call it a flop depending on how big the second week drop is
Considering trends lately I think that is a bit high but meh.....

-The MADONNA Legacy

lol this makes me happy. "All in" indeed.

If its really less than 200k. Even I will drag her.....considering all this promo. I really don't think it will happen though.

Majmun

For me:
<300k = Flop
300-450k = Good
>450k = Smash

Opening weeks from her previous albums:

Dangerously In Love 317,000
B'Day 541,000
I Am ... Sasha Fierce 482,000
4 310,000

I'm expecting her next album to do the same as I...Am. So I agree with your prediction.
It'll definitely sell more than 4, thanks to all the promo, that's for sure.

Artemisia

Banned

-The MADONNA Legacy

over 200k of those sales are from the free album w/ tour ticket purchase deal.

4 opened with 310k at full price and had none of that kind of promo.

Try again, roy.

Opening weeks from her previous albums:

Dangerously In Love 317,000
B'Day 541,000
I Am ... Sasha Fierce 482,000
4 310,000

I'm expecting her next album to do the same as I...Am. So I agree with your prediction.
It'll definitely sell more than 4, thanks to all the promo, that's for sure.

Yeah if it sells less than 4 its a bona fide disaster everything considered.

Try again, roy.

....but where are your predictions?

Come play!

royalan

Try again, roy.

Don't have to. STILL don't see her beating that number.

Album sales are down even in the short time since 4 dropped.

The only artist in Bey's demographic to open with decent numbers these last few months is Rihanna, and not even she did the kind of numbers you are guys are predicting for 5.

All of Bey's known collaborators thus far have been R&B/urban producers. That sound doesn't usually open to especially high numbers.

Your tea on Madonna's 1st week numbers being padded by a tour deal only confirm that the Superbowl does JACK SHIT for promo if you're not the target demo of the Superbowl's primary audience.

Bey will open to around 200k. And y'all will deal.

Majmun

Don't have to. STILL don't see her beating that number.

Album sales are down even in the short time since 4 dropped.

The only artist in Bey's demographic to open with decent numbers these last few months is Rihanna, and not even she did the kind of numbers you are guys are predicting for 5.

All of Bey's known collaborators thus far have been R&B/urban producers. That sound doesn't usually open to especially high numbers.

Your tea on Madonna's 1st week numbers being padded by a tour deal only confirm that the Superbowl does JACK SHIT for promo if you're not the target demo of the Superbowl's primary audience.

Bey will open to around 200k. And y'all will deal.

*bookmarked

ihNJF7zImlgh3.gif

*bookmarked

ihNJF7zImlgh3.gif

This should be a fun page to refer back to in 3/4 months.

My prediction of 475k may be a bit high.....Roy is right that sales are down a bit since then....and the female popstar market has had a bit of a glut lately. Going to stick with the number though because I think if it doesn't at least match Sasha with all this promo then Bey has problems.

I am glad this thread is ending soon so ya'll cant edit those predictions

iblAv8IfMG8xjC.gif

Why do you think I am quoting everyone :)

I C botty has yet to commit to hard numbers.......

I'll stand by my numbers.

ibcjA6eIUsdjX7.gif

I am scared of mine. I think I may have bought into the hype too much lol.

Damn Seconds avatar and the thread title. May be distorting my expectations.

1D blew by my expectations with Take Me Home though........so maybe I am being realistic this time. Artists can still sell huge numbers if they handle it right.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I dont like predicting without hearing the single first but with all this promo lined up I will say around 425k

ibdbKO9fa9dPqP.gif

ARTPOP will do 650k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom