• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Ahaha, the Onion is now targeting pop-gaf:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/taylor-swift-apparently-now-dating-garfield-creato,30691/
sqaeX.jpg

Taylor Swift Apparently Now Dating 'Garfield' Creator Jim Davis

NEW YORK—Following reports earlier this week of pop star Taylor Swift’s whirlwind romance with One Direction singer Harry Styles, sources confirmed today that Swift has moved on and is apparently now dating Garfield creator Jim Davis. “Taylor and Jim were first spotted canoodling in a SoHo bar last night, and we were able to confirm today that the two are indeed an item,” Gawker contributor Janice Reynolds wrote of the relationship between the nearly 23-year-old singer-songwriter and the 67-year-old syndicated cartoonist, nicknaming the couple “Tayvis.” “Just this morning, fans took several photos of the lovebirds leaving her Tribeca hotel hand in hand. They’re actually really cute together.” At press time, sources reported seeing the new couple board a private jet that was most likely bound for Davis’ home in Albany, IN.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/taylor-swift-now-dating-suri-cruise,30720/
Wd9vs.jpg

Taylor Swift Now Dating Suri Cruise

NEW YORK—Following her recent string of high-profile relationships, including a romance earlier this week with Garfield cartoonist Jim Davis, singer-songwriter Taylor Swift is now dating Suri Cruise, sources confirmed today. “Taylor and Suri were seen grabbing lunch at a Thai restaurant in SoHo earlier this afternoon, and we can confirm that the two are now officially an item,” TMZ reporter Allison Raeber wrote of the budding romance between the 23-year-old pop star and the 6-year-old daughter of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, nicknaming the couple “Saylor.” “Fans spotted the two holding hands on the way out of the restaurant, and Taylor was even seen giving Suri a quick peck on the lips before getting into a car.” At press time, sources reported that Swift had just entered Cruise’s apartment building in downtown Manhattan.

Hmmmm...

I realized this the other day: It's funny how Kelly and Pink are the two pop females doing decently at RCA right now. If I'm remembering correctly, haven't both been vocal in the past about RCA not giving them proper support? Shows what you gotta do to get RCA to get off their ass and support your projects...

Hadn't thought about it that way but yeah you are right. Both have had high profile label disputes that ended in them having far more creative control....worked out well for them.

I know Kelly pretty much told them to fuck off and mind their own business....... and proceeded to hire her own staff/manager/musicians completely separate from the label.

Hey guys!

I'm more of a metal guy, but I want to say that seeing Janelle Monae has to be the best concert I've ever been to. That is all. Have fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBeAwmow1eA

Not a fan of her music, but she is quite the performer in that vid.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I would blame Lotus on RCA if it wasn't for Bionic. Because of Bionic, any hate on RCA for Lotus flopping is treated as background noise. Blame your fave.

royalan

Not much more than a year and a half after working with Michelle Obama's anti-obesity campaign Let's Move (see the superfun video below), Beyonce has recently signed a $50 million deal with Pepsi, which already includes her parading around pantsless pushing a cart of soda cans.

Let me just clarify that I have zero problem with the pantslessness, but I do have a huge problem with a celebrity, especially one who is not only an idol for young people, but who has just had a child herself, promoting what we know to be one of the significant players in America's obesity problem. Soda has been identified by numerous studies as unhealthy, and some even compare its pernicious effects to the hazards of cigarette smoking.

How unhealthy is soda? VERY.

1. Soda consumption (even diet soda consumption) is linked to obesity and diabetes
2. Drinking soda reduces bone density by pulling calcium from bones
3. Some (Mountain Dew, I'm looking at you) contain toxic flame retardants
4. We don't know the long-term effects of soda's primary sweetener, and are basically conducting a giant experiment on ourselves and unwitting children. According to Rodale:
Many soda brands on the market in America today are sweetened with high-fructose corn syrup, a heart-harming man-made compound derived mainly from genetically engineered (GE) corn. GE technology was only introduced into our food chain in the 1990s. We don't know the long-term health impacts of their use because the corporations that developed the crops never had to test to make sure it's safe over the long term. Other independent scientists are finding that GE crops are linked to digestive tract damage, accelerated aging, and even infertility.

There's plenty more.

I honestly believed that Beyonce was one of the good ones, that in working with Michelle and the Let's Move campaign, she was taking what she no doubt learned about when she slimmed down healthfully post-pregnancy, and the info that she has given out about her own diet; that healthy eating means filling up with fruits and veggies, is low in added sugars and processed foods and that as pretty much any nutritionist will tell you (unless they are being paid by the beverage industry), soda doesn't belong in healthy diet, unless occasionally. And Pepsi isn't going to make much money if everyone in America only drinks soda once a month, are they?

The good news is that we are starting to see the first glimmers of hope -- childhood obesity rates in some cities have dropped, and it's precisely because those cities were the first to take unhealthy foods, and specifically soft drinks (like Pepsi), out of schools.

And now Beyonce is shilling for them, and even more stomach-turningly, in the name of 'artistic freedom' (I might buy that if she and her husband combined didn't already make millions and millions of dollars a year, giving them plenty of latitude to make whatever creative dreams they can come up with come true for themselves.)

I think Beyonce has a pretty clear understanding of how she can influence young people and women, and after using the Let's Move campaign to make her look good, she's revealing her true motivations: Money. Not health. And for those of you who say that kids will drink whatever they want, and that this is not really important, I'll just point to "BeyonceFan" on Entertainment Weekly, who wrote, "BEYONCEEEE! yess Bey! DO WORK! i'll begin drinking Pepsi because of you!"

Sauce

iUX57zSwrrrgS.gif

YASSSSSS!!!!

Let the motherfuckin' TRUTH come OUT.

royalan

....hasn't every relevant artist promoted a soda brand at one point or another?

Yes, and they're seen as the money-hungry, fame-obsessed opportunists that they are when they do so.

But not Beyonce. Beyonce is a role model. Beyonce is so humble and only does good...

Pfft, my black ass. Befraudce ain't nothin' more than goddamn Nicki Minaj with a better singing voice and less interesting fashion sense. And it's ABOUT TIME that tea was clocked. After doing all that work with the FLOTUS' health initiative she goes and partners with one of the biggest contributors to America's obesity crises? A WOLF in sheep's lacefront if ever there was one.

Yes, and they're seen as the money-hungry, fame-obsessed opportunists that they are when they do so.

But not Beyonce. Beyonce is a role model. Beyonce is so humble and only does good...

Pfft, my black ass. Beyonce ain't nothin' more than goddamn Nicki Minaj with a better singing voice and less interesting fashion sense. And it's ABOUT TIME that tea was clocked. After doing all that work with the FLOTUS' health initiative she goes and partners with one of the biggest contributors to America's obesity crises? A WOLF in sheep's lacefront if ever there was one.

lol.

Your passionate distaste for everything Bey always intrigues and impresses me.

Koodo

Banned

Pfft, my black ass. Befraudce ain't nothin' more than goddamn Nicki Minaj with a better singing voice and less interesting fashion sense. And it's ABOUT TIME that tea was clocked. After doing all that work with the FLOTUS' health initiative she goes and partners with one of the biggest contributors to America's obesity crises? A WOLF in sheep's lacefront if ever there was one.
I'm not convinced by that article you posted, but let me say this post left me SCREAMING.

I need to maintain my composure on this train.

Trigger

Pfft, my black ass. Befraudce ain't nothin' more than goddamn Nicki Minaj with a better singing voice and less interesting fashion sense.

Befraudce ain't nothin' more than goddamn Nicki Minaj

93iIr.gif
93iIr.gif
93iIr.gif
93iIr.gif

SaintZ

ieYfpveY3Idr1.gif

Befraudce ain't nothin' more than goddamn Nicki Minaj with a better singing voice and less interesting fashion sense.
I lost it when I read this, lmao.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Beyoncé is so wonderful for stepping in to help a struggling company and all the peoples' jobs there. She is truly a Working Class Hero and the Peoples' Princess (RIP PRINCESS DI FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS & MINDS).

botty

Banned
Beyonce tries to fight childhood obesity, then endorses a key component in obesity.

Next thing you know Beyonce is going to be telling her stans to get an education, or to be happy in their own skin.

ahh.gif
ahh.gif
ahh.gif

right?

I cant wait till the single is released and Roy drags it to hell
ibqCGgdQZAZBpC.gif

I don't really follow the situation....do we have a time frame on release yet? You would think she would want her single to be out before the super bowl....with her album no more than a few weeks after.

I don't have a great deal of love for Bey's past singles, but all this talk is even getting me hyped for the album.

Beyonce tries to fight childhood obesity, then endorses a key component in obesity.

Next thing you know Beyonce is going to be telling her stans to get an education, or to be happy in their own skin.

ahh.gif
ahh.gif
ahh.gif

i2tEqNxgPbPOw.gif

When Xtina fans go in on another artist...they go ALL in don't they?

What kind of superior levels of commitment? You put other stanbases to shame. *bows*

Satch

Banned
I agree with that article a bit. Soda is very bad for you, and I'm very upset that she's advertising for them, especially at this time in my life. I even posted my disdain about it here:

i'm really annoyed that all of this Pepsé stuff is coming around when i was just about to give up soda, though

#Beyoncétheliferuiner

In addition to giving up soda, I've also taken better care to not listen to music so loudly. There are studies that show that listening to loud noises can be very damaging to your ears, leading to hearing difficulties as you get older. As evidenced by Lotus' sales (or lack thereof), people have been taking heed of those warnings along with me.

I'm just very glad that America is on the right track towards healthier living in some capacity.

Trigger

Roy's tag should be changed to Pepce member. He's been doing the most.

I don't really follow the situation....do we have a time frame on release yet? You would think she would want her single to be out before the super bowl....with her album no more than a few weeks after.

I don't have a great deal of love for Bey's past singles, but all this talk is even getting me hyped for the album.

No real time frame on release last I checked, but there was talk that she'd sing her new single at the superbowl. I don't see her waiting more than a month to release the album.

Roy's tag should be changed to Pepce member. He's been doing the most.

No real time frame on release last I checked, but there was talk that she'd sing her new single at the superbowl. I don't see her waiting more than a month to release the album.

Would she debut it with the Superbowl? Would be best for its raw sales....but she would need to release it earlier if she wants it to peak on the airplay charts around the time the album hits (similar to what Rihanna did with Diamonds).

Hopefully it doesn't end up a MDNA level mess.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Would she debut it with the Superbowl? Would be best for its raw sales....but she would need to release it earlier if she wants it to peak on the airplay charts around the time the album hits (similar to what Rihanna did with Diamonds).

Hopefully it doesn't end up a MDNA level mess.

The time frame for the new single is before the Super Bowl. I'm going to bet on Jan 22

Majmun

In addition to giving up soda, I've also taken better care to not listen to music so loudly. There are studies that show that listening to loud noises can be very damaging to your ears, leading to hearing difficulties as you get older. As evidenced by Lotus' sales (or lack thereof), people have been taking heed of those warnings along with me.

Holy Crap!!!

Xtina promotes drugs, alcohol, smoking and unsafe sex

What a vile creature
iNnwUvhSGhlHx.gif

The time frame for the new single is before the Super Bowl. I'm going to bet on Jan 22

That would make sense to me as well.

Hopefully its just a really excellent song......I wouldn't put it past Pepsi to have song requirements built into that massive contract that could fuck it over.

except nothing in life could be that great.

93iIr.gif

Fixed.

That MDNA flop was one of the greatest times of my internet life. The meltdowns on pulse and atrl (was actually why I registered for both sites at the time) were so sweet......

Though it would be disappointing if it happened to Beyonce.......I would still enjoy it.

Trigger

MDNA was just a flop album. Nothing the Crone could do would have helped it. I didn't feel like the album was made with any real love. Beyonce at the very least is putting effort into 5.

Majmun

It won't flop...

Bey has been slaying the charts from 1998 to 2010, because she knows what people want. 4 has been more of a personal project.

Her next project will annihilate the competition. Mark my words.

MDNA was just a flop album. Nothing the Crone could do would have helped it. I didn't feel like the album was made with any real love. Beyonce at the very least is putting effort into 5.

I don't know. I am not even going to try to predict album quality anymore.......we won't know till release. While I am expecting great things, I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if it is terrible.

It won't flop...

Bey has been slaying the charts from 1998 to 2010, because she knows what people want. 4 has been more of a personal project.

Her next project will annihilate the competition. Mark my words.
I am here to lower expectations for you...... that is what I was hired to do. Then you can gloat when it smashes.

Majmun

There's nothing that can stop Pepcé.
Pepsi has a lot of trust in her next project. They probably even heard some of her new stuff. That's why they're on board.

She will be unstoppable
legend.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom