• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynosure

Well, Nelly's previous album was a WW smash. Bionic was a flop. Lotus is just a continuation of the flop.

Nelly flopping with Spirit Indestructible is more shocking than Xtina's flopping TBH

it's because she waited 6 years to release a new english album. Rihanna and Broken Spearit's teams know how crucial it is to never leave the game for too long

and she's Latina

final nail in Xtina's coffin

jennifer-lopez-crying-01.jpg

June 2010 issue (the time Bionic was released)

Christina-Aguilera-Latina-Magazine-ROYALTY-FAME.jpg

final final nail in Xtina's coffin

jennifer-lopez-crying-03.jpg

final final final nail in Xtina's coffin

fVrNW.gif

Cynosure

Christina didn't even pass my BASIC test for relevancy a few pages back. I'm truly confounded at the stanbase for her.

is your test album sales?

I doubt Xtina really cares about that. This was first evident when she released a double disc when it should have been concise single album

I doubt Xtina really cares about that. This was first evident when she released a double disc when it should have been concise single album

She cares. That's what happens when these so-called "artists" begin taking matters into their own hands when they're ill-equipped to do so.

Just look at the disaster that is Lady Gaga post-Laurieann Gibson.

tumblr_meu01sl84x1qj28qwo9_r1_250.gif

cory64

Really? Because each disc counts as 1 sale in the RIAA's eyes.
You tried.

Edit: I guess not because it was under 100 minutes total. Actually, that whole thing could have fit on 1 CD. What a mess. Same thing with IA...SF

botty

Banned
I'm not seeing the correlation you're trying to string together here. How does an artists' current relevancy prevent them from having stans?

By this logic any dead artist would eventually lose all of their stans, but obviously this isn't true because the Madonna stans contradict this.

icfEyUmIlv29B.gif

Koodo

Banned
She cares. That's what happens when these so-called "artists" begin taking matters into their own hands when they're ill-equipped to do so.

tumblr_meu01sl84x1qj28qwo9_r1_250.gif
The little periods care as well, judging by how they tried to peddle a fake $90 million gross for the Back To (Being A) Basic Tour for a couple of years. Seems the actual gross barely crawled its way above $60 million.

i0QNqD9MZlVVF.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I got all the ones I'm voting for. I simply send Marius a PM with the nominees of each category and thats it right? (I feel a bit lost >_>)

Cynosure

Edit: I guess not because it was under 100 minutes total. Actually, that whole thing could have fit on 1 CD. What a mess. Same thing with IA...SF

oop, you tried.

I would ahve to find it, butt there is a video clip of her saying she's shooting herself in the foot for the sake of artistic integrity.

she doesn't care about album sales. If Bionic had not flopped, she wouldn't been pressured to release Lotus this year, and we would have waited until at least 2014.

botty

Banned
Not to mention she has also gone on record to say that she doesn't care, or enjoy talking about the financial side of the industry since her debut era.

The little periods care as well, judging by how they tried to peddle a fake $90 million gross for the Back To (Being A) Basic Tour for a couple of years. Seems the actual gross barely crawled its way above $60 million.

i0QNqD9MZlVVF.gif

I'm seeing $90 million for the Based In Basics Tour, yet I can't find any boxscore data or receipts...

Like her current status as a signed artist, this remains a mystery.

cory64

Too bad I just turned in my ballot because I started listening to Unorthodox Jukebox on Spotify and it's kind of amazing. I'm surprised at myself because I hated him up until LOOH.

botty

Banned

Sent some noms to the Legend.

c3ed7b23.gif

Thank you very much. BTW Love that Oliver Goodwill Avatar

Thank you~

I'm not attracted to him or anything, I just wanted a creepy avatar

Yes, I bet she doesnt care about sales or hits. Thats why she worked with indie producer Max Martin.
35.gif

7be5c36a.gif

How does working with one super producer (over a decade after her debut) discredit her years of working with other experimental producers/writers/artist?

I'm not saying she isn't trying to get a hit album/record, but it's clear her priorities have always been about the artistry first.

royalan

i0QNqD9MZlVVF.gif

Not saying I don't believe you, but do you have receipts for this sis?

Koodo

Banned

Cynosure

How is that her not caring?

Back To Basics would have most likely sold better if she released a year or 2 after stripped, but she relaxed, took her time, and released it after 4 years. The industry just doesn't allow long breaks. Nobody knows this better than Rihanna and Broken Spearit

Yes, I bet she doesnt care about sales or hits. Thats why she worked with indie producer Max Martin.
35.gif

that's because of her management, they care and she's just cooperating. But look at her image, look at her drive(weak promo), of course she doesn't care

at least definitly not the same way she did for Stripped and Back To Basics

royalan

The periods' utter lack of attention to detail is only mirrored by their fave's similar deficit. They fabricate the following line on Wikipedia:

"It grossed over $90 million worldwide with 80 dates."

Only to forget the citation claims:

"Christina Aguilera ($48.1 million)"

iWr0Kk6MIGzQR.gif

Not the full story.

First off the number you're quoting only counts the North America leg of the tour. That doesn't count almost half the tour's total dates.

The people quoting 90 million are getting it from the website of Jamie King - the director of the Back to Basics Tour - where it is stated that the tour grossed 90 million WW. People doubt his website as a valid source, and there is of course valid reason for that, but it still remains that he's the only person whose given a number publicly for how much the BTB Tour grossed worldwide. At least since the last time I checked. And, considering that he was the director of the show, it is believable that he would be privy to such information.

So, until someone comes forth with a more credible source, his number is the closest thing to accurate (for WW numbers) we have to go by. #TooBadSoSad

Of course, this is why I originally stated that I didn't outright disbelieve you. I've been wanting more confirmation myself. But until we get official confirmation from elsewhere his are the most valid receipts to go by. I've checked.

Mau ®

that's because of her managements, they care and she's just cooperating. But look at her image, look at her drive(weak promo), of course she doesn't care

at least definitly not the same way she did for Stripped and Back To Basics

Well I dont think she doesnt care. I think she's probably under some sort of thinking that's she's above all that or that she doesnt need promo to get her name/work out there.

We'll have to see soon. I was under the impression that her promo opportunities were limited because of The Voice since other TV companies would not be so keen on giving airtime to the judge of one of the biggest reality TV shows at the moment.

Koodo

Banned
Not the full story.
Darling, Billboard Boxscore is the full story. No ifs or buts; they print the receipts.

The grosses for the Top 10 acts within are all worldwide numbers; the first three were reported as worldwide, and so it follows that the following seven are also worldwide numbers.

You are correct in assessing it's not the full story only in relation to the cutoff date not including three dates in 2008 (Billboard's cutoff date of November 13 means it did include all the European dates in late 2006). That's it.

Cynosure

Well I dont think she doesnt care. I think she's probably under some sort of thinking that's she's above all that or that she doesnt need promo to get her name/work out there.

We'll have to see soon. I was under the impression that her promo opportunities were limited because of The Voice since other TV companies would not be so keen on giving airtime to the judge of one of the biggest reality TV show at the moment.

nonsense, talk shows for each network have guests from all around

that's overall
it's #1 each day it's on

iZmefJaKvbA7a.gif

royalan

Darling, Billboard Boxscore is the full story. No ifs or buts; they print the receipts.

The grosses for the Top 10 acts within are all worldwide numbers; the first three were reported as worldwide, and so it follows that the following seven are also worldwide numbers.

You are correct in assessing it's not the full story only in relation to the cutoff date not including three dates in 2008 (Billboard's cutoff date of November 13 means it did include all the European dates in late 2006). That's it.

Hmmm. That number still misses about 14. Though it is highly unlikely she made 30 mill from that, it still odd there's no official number around.

icEXtkUJ6sh5C.gif

although it's just her career that seems to have given up on

I don't know if I'd say she's given up on her career, but it's becoming obvious that she doesn't prioritize it like she once did.

And who can blame her? As a fan, I wish she was giving us more. But I also can't fault her if she wants to prioritize her family and private life now. :(

Hardly a case of Broken Spearit - who's basically a rotting shell of her former self and still being pimped out by her father.

royalan

Poor Leona Lewis, and for once I do mean that without a bit of shade.

Her biggest mistake was sticking with Simon for as long as she did (he's not managing her anymore, right?). He does absolutely NOTHING to evolve his acts and keep them in the public spotlight, which is exactly what she needed.

1D will learn this soon enough. Simon's eyes were particularly bright this season of X-Factor when looking at Emblem 3 and Fifth Harmony. Mark my words, as soon as he finds another group watch 1D's profile drop considerably...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom