• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Xtina needs to be doing more interviews, more previews, and tweeting more about the album. Oh and talking to her fanbase. Does she even acknowledge fan tweets and stuff?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Don't lump me into that group. kesha remains vile.

Whoever is handing Xtina should be ashamed of themselves. I could do better promo than whatever they're doing.

RCA, the same label in charge of Ke$ha. They rely on the single to sell itself with minimum promo

Majmun

Damn, 21 still slaying after all this time? HEW are these people who still haven't bought the CD?

A colleague of mine stans for James Bond. He purchased Adele's 21 just because he liked the Skyfall track.

Adele doing the Skyfall theme will only get more people into listening to 21(th centuries best album)

Trigger

A colleague of mine stans for James Bond. He purchased Adele's 21 just because he liked the Skyfall track.

Adele doing the Skyfall theme will only get more people into listening to 21(th centuries best album)

It's at least the album of the decade.

ibhqY6qsctN44o.gif

Our faves tried tho.

royalan

RCA, the same label in charge of Ke$ha. They rely on the single to sell itself with minimum promo

But Ke$ha's a newer artist returning after an era that SMASHED. Ke$ha's isn't really a comeback (the most incorrectly used term in Pop, tbh...).

Christina is a talent, yes. A huge name that people know? Yes. But she's coming back after a flop era, and for a LOT of people her last relevant era was 6 years ago.

For her this IS a comeback, and even the stans knew that you couldn't just throw an Xtina single out there and expect it to instantly smash with no promo. As much as us stans hate to admit it Xtina's at a point where she needs to aggressively promote almost as if she were a new artist.

I'm still holding on to hope that aggressive promotion is being reserved for after the album's released. There are several substantial rumors pointing to that.

I just don't understand the complete absence of pre-release hype. It makes NO sense.

jonny_zps301882f1.png

Yeah, has Die Young actually had any promo whatsoever either?

If not, well.... Poor Xtincta.

Ke$ha's actually been pretty busy promoting her single abroad. Wasn't she just in Japan doing that?

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rih was in Cali yesterday finishing shooting the #DIAMONDS video, so.

And speaking of that video. The tea that is being spilt is that Bruises is in it.

It could be false, but still...

Mau ®

THIS WEEK'S TOP 10

1.- One More Night
2.- Gangnam Style
3.- Some Nights
4.- We Are Never Ever...
5.- Die Young
6.- As Long As You Love Me
7.- Too Close
8.- Diamonds
9.- Let Me Love You
10.- Blow Me

zcV94.jpg

1. “Young Girls”
2. “Locked Out of Heaven”
3. “Gorilla”
4. “Treasure”
5. “Moonshine”
6. “When I Was Your Man”
7. “Natalie”
8. “Show Me”
9. “Money Make Her Smile”
10. “If I Knew”

Out December 11th.

Mau ®

Leona Lewis will be featured on the Diamonds video. She worked on the second day shoot in the Cali desert with RihALLAH.

9516cae21d7d11e2b2c322000a1f9804_7.jpg

Mau ®

When I first heard Diamonds I thought the video was gonna be shot in the night, but it's not looking like that.

Well the "city on fire" scenes were shot during the night. Looks like this was shot during the sunset?

I dont know how this video will transition from a desert to an urban fire tbh. Interesting.

I trust the director though. He did Only Girl and Man Down. My fave videos after We Found Love.

royalan

Rih was in Cali yesterday finishing shooting the #DIAMONDS video, so.

And speaking of that video. The tea that is being spilt is that Bruises is in it.

It could be false, but still...

Just saw this....ew

I don't know WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Rihanna keeps letting this succubus leech publicity off of her.

He starts cuddling up to her every time his career is in the pits. But as soon as he sees a light at the end of the tunnel that is his shrinking relevance, he'll be back with a new light-skinned girlfriend and dropping subliminal shots at Rih via twitter and mixtapes.

Just...ugh...

DMeisterJ

Banned
Just saw this....ew

I don't know WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Rihanna keeps letting this succubus leech publicity off of her.

He starts cuddling up to her every time his career is in the pits. But as soon as he sees a light at the end of the tunnel that is his shrinking relevance, he'll be back with a new light-skinned girlfriend and dropping subliminal shots at Rih via twitter and mixtapes.

Just...ugh...

The tea could be false. It's not corroborated at the moment, and while there are literally hundreds of pics of her on set, there isn't one of Bruises. I just felt it was my stan duty to post it.

Artemisia

Banned
zcV94.jpg

1. “Young Girls”
2. “Locked Out of Heaven”
3. “Gorilla”
4. “Treasure”
5. “Moonshine”
6. “When I Was Your Man”
7. “Natalie”
8. “Show Me”
9. “Money Make Her Smile”
10. “If I Knew”

Out December 11th.

Cute album cover. 10 songs is a perfect length. No idea why Red has 16 >_>

Mau ®

The tea could be false. It's not corroborated at the moment, and while there are literally hundreds of pics of her on set, there isn't one of Bruises. I just felt it was my stan duty to post it.

Its likely to be false. Bruises was directing a video in the last 3 days while Rih was shooting Diamonds.

We would've seen pics of them together in the shoot. We've only gotten a pic of them dinning together two days ago.

moulels

iHu5itpfteJBU.gif

The QUEEN OF STANS is making a comeback after a long hiatus. Dido is releasing a new album soon (
izvtEUdjpdSb4.png
) described as a "big fun electronic extravaganza". Your faves past year dance anthem "Everything to Lose" was just a small tease of what's to come.

ifXQsvsDOYoNX.jpg

*BONUS*
Dido is #aWARE and stans for Lana del Rey (duet pls).

Artemisia

Banned
Can I just say it is absolute bullshit how Gangnam style can be absolutely slaying One More Night in sales, but be stuck at number 2 because DJs can't be assed to play the song.

PSY is being robbed tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom