• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
xphXm.png

iWuMVn6FVchcV.gif

its like she thinks anyone cares
4CkRH.gif

Not Roy actually fearing for Xtina's future and label. That's when you know it's bad.
I'm sure that it's a mix of worry and optimism, because it's basically the same with Leona and Clive Davis. Powerful but absent, and probably better off retired on some island somewhere.

That Azealia track is pungent poop, by the way. Convinced that 1991 was a miraculous fluke.

Mau ®

kiiiiiiiii

Fighters should be VERY AFRAID of The Voice's 4th season. If the ratings maintain, improve or even just slightly decrease an expected amount it'll be good business for NBC as The Voice's 4th season is probably the cheapest season since the first season.

They wont see a good reason to get Xtina back if they can get good/decent ratings with less costs involved.

Ties

Banned
Lawd this BBD track is seaux hoodrat.

She probably had to purchase a personal router to upload this to the internet, lord knows that the police would arrest ha on the spot if she uploaded this at Starbucks.

ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif

royalan

kiiiiiiiii

Fighters should be VERY AFRAID of The Voice's 4th season. If the ratings maintain, improve or even just slightly decrease an expected amount it'll be good business for NBC as The Voice's 4th season is probably the cheapest season since the first season.

They wont see a good reason to get Xtina back if they can get good/decent ratings with less costs involved.

I don't know...I still don't think the plan was ever for CeeLo or Ctina to come back...

Koodo

Banned
Shakira is probably not staying on The Void for more than one or two cycles, anyway. She has a global career to attend to.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I'm sure Xtina will be ready to come back at a reduced payrate once she endures the cold harsh reality that is her career. She's had two flop albums with flop singles all the way around. She'll get bored and eat through her millions.

Shame her career isn't more like a Lotus.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I don't know...I still don't think the plan was ever for CeeLo or Ctina to come back...
That's not how I read it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I understood the new judges announcement as they were always invited back, if not expected to come back.

I sort of gave up on the show this year though around the Top 8 or so. I don't know if I'll watch past the Blind Auditions next season.

Ties

Banned
I'm sure Xtina will be ready to come back at a reduced payrate once she endures the cold harsh reality that is her career. She's had two flop albums with flop singles all the way around. She'll get bored and eat through her millions.

Shame her career isn't more like a Lotus.
ed2305b7.png

royalan

My hope is that Xtina will either:

A) Seek better management. At this point she's in need of a COMEBACK era. Not a fake comeback era that these young stans like to claim their fave is having whenever they put out a new album, but a real one. She needs to be reintroduced to radio, and reintroduced to the public. For that to happen she needs a team that will be invested in her success, not a flop-ass squad that just wants to do same-old and release an album without even updating the damn site.

B) Stay with Irving, but there is a chance Irving himself could have a comeback. After all, he wasn't ALWAYS a shitty manager. In fact, it wasn't until 2008 when he became CEO of LN that the quality of Xtina's promo began to noticeably suffer (as well as his entire roster, honestly). In hindsight, it was selfish of Irving to hold on to his clients while accepting the role of CEO of a major company. He didn't have the time to give and it showed. But now that LN is no longer a factor, maybe he'll go back to prioritizing his acts, in which case that would be a good thing. He was, after all, in charge of things during the STRIPPED and BTB eras before he took on LN, and Xtina's promo back then was air-tight.

Or he'll retire outright.

There's more good to take from this than bad when you really think about it.

royalan

BBD is pure turtle shit.

The thing that set Azealia apart from the jump was that she had a fresh, interesting style and flow that had natural crossover appeal that lacked Nicki Minaj's obvious pop pandering.

But on BBD she's traded that all in to sound like any old hoodrat with a mixtape.

She's done. Minaj ain't got shit to worry about.

Galang

Banned
BBD is pure turtle shit.

The thing that set Azealia apart from the jump was that she had a fresh, interesting style and flow that had natural crossover appeal that lacked Nicki Minaj's obvious pop pandering.

But on BBD she's traded that all in to sound like any old hoodrat with a mixtape.

She's done. Minaj ain't got shit to worry about.

She said BBD is the only mainstream hip-hop track from the album, when it was on it... so I wouldn't go that far yet until we get more lol.

Also I am trying to hear if she's calling herself a super saiyan on the beginning of the track.. lol

3phemeral

I need to hear Bareback Dick so I can comment on what everyone's talking about.

How old is Ties anyway? He looks like an Asian 18-19ish in that photo, if that is him.

Majmun

I know it may sound generic at this time of the year but I would like to thanks everyone here for being a part of my life. I really wish to continue sharing what will later be memories with all of you and even when I might seem not to attached to anyone here, but I appreciate you all in here. This is another family to me and I really enjoy the times we have here. My piece of coal of a heart for some reason seems to have changed by events this year and latest days which while not be exactly because of NeoGAF I still feel thankful for having all of you around. I've been through some hard times and this place have kept me grounded in some occasions which I really feel happy about it.

I want to wish you all a Happy New Year and may this upcoming year brings great things to every single one of you. Thanks for being part of my life and may we continue sharing more memories.

XOXO

That's sweet!!!! <3

And happy new year. Love y'all *.*

What's with all the bannings. Mess

Going to partaaay in a few minutes. Currently stuck in a car. Facking Swiss traffic -___-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom