• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
You can excuse your thieving lying degenerate fave all you want, but all that is invalidated by the fact that Kelly sang live in the same conditions, AND sung a much more difficult song in a much higher key. #TrueProfessional

And LOL at the inauguration being less important than a sporting event.

What I find kind of confusing is that he is praising Beyonce for lip syncing to protect her vocal chords in the top half of his post, than providing "evidence" that Beyonce DIDN'T lip sync which would contradict the praise he was giving her.

I am kind of over Black Britney Spears for the moment, considering the damage is already done and the battle was won. It was actually quite fun watching OT drag her for filth based on all the receipts we were dropping.

iblKi6qawT5QiR.gif

What I find kind of confusing is that he is praising Beyonce for lip syncing to protect her vocal chords in the top half of his post, than providing "evidence" that Beyonce DIDN'T lip sync which would contradict the praise he was giving her.

I am kind of over Black Britney Spears for the moment, considering the damage is already done and the battle was won. It was actually quite fun watching OT drag her for filth based on all the receipts we were dropping.

iblKi6qawT5QiR.gif

Boo, that was a stream of consciousness post. As evidenced by my "wait" and further by my "what's this."

I know you gerls sit back and plot out ways to be snide and catty. But I don't have time for that. When I began typing the evidence at hand pointed to lip sync. At the end, it didn't. My post reflects that.

When what you stan for stops being two thirds farce, I'll dignify that Black Britney comment.

Bey lipped. Bey Stans just STAP. STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP.

The day is almost over its ok.

Yeah.

Though if she also had live vocals over a backing track (while it would still make her sound better than she actually was) its not nearly as bad as a pure lip sync.

I will give her that.

Will be interesting of we ever get a firm answer on this.

Kyon

Banned
Yeah.

Though if she also had live vocals over a backing track (while it would still make her sound better than she actually was) its not nearly as bad as a pure lip sync.

I will give her that.

In reality it was never a big deal. It was basically so everyone can drag Bey for something. She slays our faves without lifting a finger on stage. But today people were exposed to her fraudulent lying conniving ways. People don't want to believe it because on the outside she makes herself seen like some humble woman. In reality she is a damn burglar. Hide your lyrics y'all

botty

Banned
Yeah.

I will give her that.

I'm sure we will get that answer right after she tells us who her surrogate was.

In reality it was never a big deal. It was basically so everyone can drag Bey for something. She slays our faves without lifting a finger on stage. But today people were exposed to her fraudulent lying conniving ways. People don't want to believe it because on the outside she makes herself seen like some humble woman. In reality she is a damn burglar. Hide your lyrics y'all

Oddly enough, Kelly was better LIVE than Beyonce was with the lip. In my opinion.

Lip syncing has always bothered ME. So while I, of course, was piling on a bit.....the fact that she lip synced did annoy me in and of itself.

I agree that its mostly just an excuse to drag Bey though.

royalan

A quick lesson in lip syncing.

Contrary to popular belief, most of the time when an act is lip syncing they're not just moving their lips, they're actively singing along. Actually singing along creates a more convincing lip sync, and the sound guys just disconnect the mic feed from the sound system.

The funny thing is that sometimes singers, knowing that they can't be heard, take liberties with how well they're singing along. Bey has done this before, as evidenced when someone sent Howard Stern a recording of her mic feed when she lipped a performance of If I Were A Boy. Prepare to laugh until you cry:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=NZez1ktlMik&desktop_uri=/watch?v=NZez1ktlMik

And pay no mind to the stans in the comments, that recording is very real. Besides, there's no tech I know of that can pitch shift someone from full chest to head voice, and all without effecting the ambient sound. There are actually a few of these of Britney floating around, but I can't be arsed to find them.

In short, Bey was def lip syncing, but was just doing a better job singing along to the track since there were people close enough to hear her. My guess is her team is leaking her mic feed as damage control. But this is more damaging to me. Her actual singing wasn't as perfect as the recorded version we heard, but she definitely didn't HAVE to lip sync. Disgraceful.

botty

Banned
Lip syncing has always bothered ME. So while I, of course, was piling on a bit.....the fact that she lip synced did annoy me.

I agree that its mostly just an excuse to drag Bey though.

I think this comes with stanning Kelly Clarkson. You just expect more from an artist, and Beyonce simply lacks that "more," as of late. "More" being talent.

3phemeral

Contrary to popular belief, most of the time when an act is lip syncing they're not just moving their lips, they're actively singing along. Actually singing along creates a more convincing lip sync, and the sound guys just disconnect the mic feed from the sound system.

The funny thing is that sometimes singers, knowing that they can't be heard, take liberties with how well they're singing along. Bey has done this before, as evidenced when someone sent Howard Stern a recording of her mic feed when she lipped a performance of If I Were A Boy. Prepare to laugh until you cry:

And pay no mind to the stans in the comments, that recording is very real. Besides, there's no tech I know of that can pitch shift someone from full chest to head voice, and all without effecting the ambient sound. There are actually a few of these of Britney floating around, but I can't be arsed to find them.

In short, Bey was def lip syncing, but was just doing a better job singing along to the track since there were people close enough to hear her. My guess is her team is leaking her mic feed as damage control. But this is more damaging to me. Her actual singing wasn't as perfect as the recorded version we heard, but she definitely didn't HAVE to lip sync. Disgraceful.

That was fake. The guy who produced that has a bunch of videos exactly like it.

I CAN'T.

I think this comes with stanning Kelly Clarkson. You just expect more from an artist, and Beyonce simply lacks that "more," as of late. "More" being talent.

lol probably. That and my long time relationship with idol.

The idea of a vocalist lip syncing seems foreign to me.

ibokPpcEgtk8uO.gif

This blatant trolling is unbecoming.

Artemisia

Banned
http://www.nme.com/news/beyonce/44228

The creator of the hoax Beyonce soundboard clip that Howard Stern played on his radio show earlier this week has revealed why he made the tape.

Beyonce yesterday denied that the clip, in which it appeared that she was drastically off-key during a rendition of ‘If I Were A Boy’, was real. Now its creator has revealed the truth behind the hoax.

“I was just trying to make a point," said Matthew Zeghibe. "I wanted to show people how easy it is to manipulate someone’s voice. If I can do it with a clip I pulled off of TV, imagine what they are doing on records and during live performances. The entire industry has been so manipulated, because there’s such an emphasis on perfection, so when something like this happens, it causes such a stir.”

Absolutely embarrassing that anyone would believe that. I thought you were better than that, roy.

121wqx1xeddh.gif

Koodo

Banned
It's become clear the chubby chasers want to reenact their fave's misfortunes on another artist, but short of popping her tit out a la Janet Jackson at the Superbowl, I'm afraid Beyoka simply won't be fucking it up as hard as Xtincta.

You've all fought bravely though. 3 Londas out of 5.

ibrT3L7MclwzhU.gif

It's become clear the chubby chasers want to reenact their fave's misfortunes on another artist, but short of popping her tit out a la Janet Jackson at the Superbowl, I'm afraid Beyoka simply won't be fucking it up as hard as Xtincta.

You've all fought bravely though. 3 Londas out of 5.

ibrT3L7MclwzhU.gif

ibqeZyGQOOM45L.gif

Not you acting like you have high standards!

lol I don't have high standards. What gave you that idea? I like music that I like regardless of whether the artist is a skilled vocalist. I know its a difficult concept for you.....liking an artist because you like their music rather than just liking them for their vocal abilities.

However, when an artist is a singer I want them to sing. Ke$ha and Britney lip sync all the time and they don't try to hide the fact that. Pretending to be something you are not is a completely different situation.

botty

Banned
lol I don't have high standards. What gave you that idea? I like music that I like regardless of whether the artist is a skilled vocalist. I know its a difficult concert for you.....liking an artist because you like their music rather than just liking them for their vocal abilities.

However, when an artist is a singer I want them to sing. Ke$ha or Britney lip sync all the time and they don't try to hide the fact that. Pretending to be something you are not is a completely different situation.

ibhwBtpAcdD0ZC.gif

Satch

Banned
lol I don't have high standards. What gave you that idea? I like music that I like regardless of whether the artist is a skilled vocalist. I know its a difficult concept for you.....liking an artist because you like their music rather than just liking them for their vocal abilities.

However, when an artist is a singer I want them to sing. Ke$ha or Britney lip sync all the time and they don't try to hide the fact that. Pretending to be something you are not is a completely different situation.
yas mumei loves it when people that are not mods speak condescendingly to him (a mod)

:eli:

So brave...

yas mumei loves it when people that are not mods speak condescendingly to him (a mod)

:eli:

Yeah mods are just posters.

I would respond to ANYONE posting what he posted the same way. Mods have power yes....however, its not like they are due any deference. Way worse is said in this thread on a daily basis.

Poor long term survival strategy? Maybe.

Modmei doesn't get to fire shade and not expect knockback simply because of a red name.

royalan

Don't you think it would be much more difficult to sing like the video you posted than to actually sing the song? That's a hell of a loss of uncontrolled but properly sustained vocals.

No, actually. When you're going into a belt you're not sure of it can be much easier to switch into head voice. To me that's the most believable part of the audio. It's easy to pitch shift someone sharp or flat. But to pitch someone into head voice? That would take a lot more work if its possible.

I'm still not sold, especially since to proof has up and vanished. But, even if that video is faked, what I said about lip syncing is still true. People often sing along to the backing track to create a more authentic sync. It's still lip syncing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom