• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

tumblr_micjibr3aj1qbbb7uo4_250.gif

The mere fact that Beyonce states this... Talk about a hypocrite.

DMeisterJ

Banned
The Unapologetic era has been pretty successful. Most girls would kill to be in Rih's position.

Exactly. Kii at the flops trying to make it seem othwrwise. Double kii at the Xtuna stans trying to make Gaga's sales look bad. These flops need to stop trying iT.

I dedicate this song to you
The one who never sees the truth
That i can take away you hurt, Heartbreak girl

Why the hell am I liking this song. I don't need another band full of boys. Waffle help.

tumblr_mioc7bgkOs1rzwcrvo2_500.gif

I agree. STAWP!

There isn't enough room on the market for 3 boy bands you are setting yourself up for disappointment :(

Just stick with Union J and 1D imo.

royalan

icoKypeOF0b1q.gif
icoKypeOF0b1q.gif
icoKypeOF0b1q.gif

XTINA NEWS!!!!!
that only Botty, Soulscribe, myself, and occasionally Second will care about

This could be good or bad.

I'm trying to find some receipts for this, but, almost a month ago Xtina was spotted putting down vocals in a recording studio...

...a Capitol Records recording studio.

This tweet from some woman who goes by the name @burgundywoods and is dating a guy who works at Capitol Records spills the tea:

My man's in the studio with Christina Aguilera today. I'got a business meeting for The B-Spot at Katsuya for lunch. Not too shabby.
8:45 PM Jan 13th

Too bad thirsty #Fighters harassed her and she locked her tweets before I could grab a screencap. :(

Now there are rumors quietly buzzing about that Xtina is leaving RCA. Well, better to be the dumper than the dumpee, I say. Besides, RCAncient has been growing more and more incompetent, ruining the launch and promotion of more than a few of their big acts recently. So good riddance.

Capitol Records could be a good fit. It's a major label, home to Coldplay, Katy Perry, and one of my faves Corrine Bailey Rae.

It's good to hear that she's recording, although this could mean that the Lotus era is well and truly over. I'll wait for some official word on that front, though. If Matt's facebook is to be believed, we should be hearing something soon.

Nemesis_

Simon Cowell keeps trying it

Looks like Simon Cowell and Demi Lovato can finally agree on something (or someone): Lady Gaga!

The brutally honest Brit is reported to be eyeing Mother Monster for a spot on his judging panel now that L.A. Reid and Britney Spears have made their exits from the ‘X Factor‘ stage.

Hollywood Life reports that Gaga’s recent debilitating hip injury is actually adding to her appeal. “Now that she is injured and is unable to tour, the first thing Simon thought was to get her for the show,” an ‘X Factor’ source said. “She has time on her hands, which was once not available. Simon is reaching out to her in full force and looking to do anything he can for her to be a judge.”

Lovato had previously said she’d love to work alongside the ‘Born This Way’ songstress. “I would love to see Lady Gaga,” she said. “I don’t know if that is possible or not.”

Now that Gaga can’t tour, it may be more possible now than it was before — because she’ll still be able to promote ‘ARTPOP’ via her television appearances even if she can’t hit the road the way she wants to. And chances are she’ll garner more ratings than another possible judge, Cheryl Cole.

iTVRc8yxth8hK.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
RCA isn't that bad, Alicia Keys, Ke$ha, and Disgustin have been given enough platforms to promote. Just accept that Xtina is lazy and even when she promoted nobody cared

royalan

RCA isn't that bad, Alicia Keys, Ke$ha, and Disgustin have been given enough platforms to promote. Just accept that Xtina is lazy and even when she promoted nobody cared

Whenever she did promote she saw significant bumps in her album sales and iTunes positions. Just a shame that most of it was relegated to The Voice...which, sadly, was still enough for her to outperform Ke$hit.

Personally, I think it's a combination of label and her shitty management team. Hopefully if she leaves RCA she's also giving Irving Azoff the boot.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Whenever she did promote she saw significant bumps in her album sales and iTunes positions. Just a shame that most of it was relegated to The Voice...which, sadly, was still enough for her to outperform Ke$hit.

Personally, I think it's a combination of label and her shitty management team. Hopefully if she leaves RCA she's also giving Irving Azoff the boot.

Outperformed in the relative sense. Her album did barely better, but unlike Ke€ha, Xtuna didn't clock any top 5 singles.

royalan

Outperformed in the relative sense. Her album did barely better, but unlike Ke€ha, Xtuna didn't clock any top 5 singles.

One top 5 single.

A shame, she had to burn pretty much ALL of her residual Animal/Cannibal hype, AND prime promotion spots, just to clock a single Top 5.

Yup.

A lot of people like Ke$ha's music, and buy it. They just don't like it enough (or don't get involved enough in Ke$ha's work) to go out and buy the full album.

Shame that Xtina can't get either one.

One top 5 single.

A shame, she had to burn pretty much ALL of her residual Animal/Cannibal hype, AND prime promotion spots, just to clock a single Top 5.

Umm it went #2 on H100 and #1 on pop radio.

It sold several million copies.

What kind of goal post moving?

royalan

Who moved the goal post? it's a top 5 single. Which makes it all the more shameful that she couldn't clock better album sales than a legacy act with NO radio presence and whose last album was a standard-setting flop.

Given the amount of initial promotion Warrior received, how's the rest of the era going?

Both should flee RCA while they have the chance, imo.

Mau ®

I still believe Ke$ha did better than Xtina anyway.

Ke$ha basically came back from obscurity. She basically did absolutely nothing in between Cannibal and Warrior. She had no visibility.

Meanwhile Xtina was on a top rated TV show weekly (for tree seasons) and was featured (however briefly) on 2011's biggest summer hit.

botty

Banned
@Roy

I am going to PM you very soon, maybe in an hour or two.
unless you're at work, then check it when you get home.
Be sure to check it. I'm gonna need your feedback on somethinG.

ieGpxZYSS8k4u.gif

Who moved the goal post? it's a top 5 single. Which makes it all the more shameful that she couldn't clock better album sales than a legacy act with NO radio presence and whose last album was a standard-setting flop.

Given the amount of initial promotion Warrior received, how's the rest of the era going?

Both should flee RCA while they have the chance, imo.

Not quite sure how flopping twice is LESS bad than semi flopping once.

#Xtinctamath

Personally I have NEVER sold ANY albums. I guess I am less of a flop than both.

they should be calling me for career advice.

At the end of the day they are both pop artists fighting for the same market and Ke$ha is getting FAR more of it than Xtina.

Koodo

Banned
Indeed the Fatters desperation to claim RCA is a bad label is nothing but a masquerade to hide the fact that their fave cannot and will not sell anymore. I only accept this claim from the Belly stans, an artist who truly has been abused by her label.

Mau ®

That "I knew you were trouble" (goat edition) is blowing up on my Facebook feed a lot, lol.

Indeed the Fatters desperation to claim RCA is a bad label is nothing but a masquerade to hide the fact that their fave cannot and will not sell anymore. I only accept this claim from the Belly stans, an artist who truly has been abused by her label.

Yasss spill that tea.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
This blaming of RCA is really dumb since I can list you all the promo their artist have done since Spetember and are continuing to receive now. Even with Ke$ha flopping she still has performances lined up

While Xtina doesn't even have a video for Just A Fool
Blaming the record label for her management's and her own laziness, ch...
tumblr_miaiczpclA1roofs2o1_500.gif

Edit: This also gives me hope for Miley's new upcoming era *.*

Koodo

Banned
This blaming of RCA is really dumb since I can list you all the promo their artist have done since Spetember and are continuing to receive now. Even with Ke$ha flopping she still has performances lined up

While Xtina doesn't even have a video for Just A Fool
Blaming the record label for her management's and her own laziness, ch...
tumblr_miaiczpclA1roofs2o1_500.gif
Let's not forget that bad promotion might as well be no promotion at all.

Xtincta has proven several times that her live performing is now nothing but an embarrassing wreck; the only times her performances even being a sliver of decency when she was clinging to the dick of Blake Shelton, his charisma and stud charm making the populace forget about the little troll wailing her nodules at large.

Not only is Xtincta suffering from terminal demand deficiency, there is literally no point in lining her up for a busy promotional schedule when her haggard self will be fucking up every step of the road.

It's no surprise a performance for Your Body on The Voice was shot and never surfaced, it must have been a world of shit and RCA smartly prevented it from reaching the public.

Trigger

Read them for filth.

ibyKL6lKwolQeB.gif

Delio

I agree. STAWP!

There isn't enough room on the market for 3 boy bands you are setting yourself up for disappointment :(

Just stick with Union J and 1D imo.

I've already stalked their tumblr tag ( which is full of fans of the group hating One Direction girls joining in.) Speaking of Union J they need to release a teaser of their damn single soon.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Let's not forget that bad promotion might as well be no promotion at all.

Xtincta has proven several times that her live performing is now nothing but an embarrassing wreck; the only times her performances even being a sliver of decency when she was clinging to the dick of Blake Shelton, his charisma and stud charm making the populace forget about the little troll wailing her nodules at large.

Not only is Xtincta suffering from terminal demand deficiency, there is literally no point in lining her up for a busy promotional schedule when her haggard self will be fucking up every step of the road.

It's no surprise a performance for Your Body on The Voice was shot and never surfaced, it must have been a world of shit and RCA smartly prevented it from reaching the public.

I can't.

i47PeibRJuP6U.gif

Delio

Yeah I don't like it. Feels dated.

I suppose its not terrible for what it is.

Edit: Oh, glad to see Niall back <3

It does sound dated but I dunno I like it for that throwback type of feel.

And duh I had to bring Niall back. I beat Fire emblem a couple days ago so my hype is done.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Miley can steal Pink's look, however, she can't steal her talent which means the whole exercise is fairly moot.

smh

Miley can sing well enough:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExxOonGSlAM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ_9d9__pA8

As for her album

Few mainstream pop records are as hotly anticipated in 2013 as Miley Cyrus’ untitled fourth LP, especially given the surprising list of collaborators with whom she’s hit the studio: Pharrell Williams, Hit-Boy and maybe even cameos from rappers Meek Mill and Tyler, The Creator. From her punked-out performance of “Rebel Yell” on VH1 Divas to the stripped-bare country-folk she showcased in her Backyard Sessions performances, Cyrus has covered the sonic map this year, with a thrilling disregard for, y’know, cohesion. While Pharrell said that Cyrus’ current sound is her personality — that is, far-reaching and eclectic — Cyrus promised “a dirty South hip-hop feel” with influences of vintage soul. In short, expect the unexpected.

Now they’re ringing in 2013 with a one-two punch. Hip-hop wunderkind A$AP Rocky debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, while Justin Timberlake rocketed out of a seven-year hiatus with a No. 14 bow on Billboard’s Pop Songs chart with “Suit & Tie.” Up ahead: Timberlake’s new album (The 20/20 Experience, March 19), the reinvention of Miley Cyrus (“She will surprise people,” Edge says) and phenom Mikky Ekko.

I’m doing a bunch of stuff with Miley [Cyrus], which has been so much fun. We're going to different genres and she's killing all of it. It’s crazy. -Dr Luke

a crossover between country, pop, and rhythmic. She will prove you wrong

ibgbSc7I0IdcMw.gif

It does sound dated but I dunno I like it for that throwback type of feel.

And duh I had to bring Niall back. I beat Fire emblem a couple days ago so my hype is done.

Lol honestly I have never played a FE game. Everyone always talked about how "hardcore" and unforgiving the games were which scared me off. I know they added an easier version in the latest one but not sure whether thats enough to convince me. The only game I have been playing lately is Diablo 3.

:(

....but yeah. I am marginally excited for UJ's single. We will see how it does.

a crossover between country, pop, and rhythmic. She will prove you wrong

We will see. I am not optimistic.

I own quite a bit of Miley's music, but it has very short legs for me. Usually I listen for a few days then never want to hear it again. Not sure why.

Just can't stan for that.

royalan

Why do you guys keep pointing to performances like that's all I'm using to claim RCA is a bad label? It's not.

--No payola for singles

--No iTunes banners for the Lotus era. She only got ONE all era and it wasn't even on the main iTunes page in the US shop. Only the Pop section, and only for the first few days of its release.

--No Promotional Materials Sent Out for Just a Fool. Most radio stations playing the song don't even know the official name of it, and many are using covers from Xtina's previous eras with "Just A Fool" microsoft paint'ed over it as the single cover.

--Her official website not being updated throughout the era. Xtina's website didn't even get a redesign until the week the album launched. That means that if you went to christinaaguilera.com anytime before Lotus was out all you saw was BIONIC. Even now the website remains woefully neglected with most of her performances still not listed on the site.

--Several countries not getting physical copies of the album until well after the digital release was made available (Brazil being the biggest offender).

So, unless you think that Xtina is supposed to be the one sitting at a desk making all of these administrative things happen you have to acknowledge that there has been more than a bit of mixed signals between Xtina, Irving Azoff, and her LABEL because even BASIC things that are done for an artist's era weren't done for Lotus. And let me not even get STARTED on how RCA hasn't been certifying any of Christina's singles/albums since Keeps Gettin' Better: A Decade of Hits - even though she's had stuff qualify for certification in several countries since.

There have been rumors of bad blood between Xtina and her label since BEFORE Bionic even released (rumors that the label really fought her on her vision for a futuristic-electronic-harajuku sound, and pushed the album back a year to coincide with Burlesque when the original plan was for it to release in 2009). The treatment of Lotus cemented those rumors as true, at least for me.

@Roy

I am going to PM you very soon, maybe in an hour or two.
unless you're at work, then check it when you get home.
Be sure to check it. I'm gonna need your feedback on somethinG.

ieGpxZYSS8k4u.gif

I'll be around. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom