• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Only taking adjustments to predictions for one more hour.

First round results will come on Tuesday when HDD sales are finalized.

I can't wait to see who takes round 1.
LleIbnb.gif

I can't wait to see who takes round 1.
LleIbnb.gif

I think this one will be very close because I left predictions open till release and everyone came together on their predictions after HDD released their projection.

Later rounds should be all over the place.

How they stand now:
ZaPH4Nt.png

royalan

I liked Heidi in Sugababes, but she was such a plain jane. Amelle is just awful and should leave.

I DID like Heidi. Technically, she was a Sugababe during their most Iconic era (Siobhan wasn't), so I feel kinda sad that she's being left out. But oh well, word in the MKS stanbase is that she was kind of a snake behind-the-scenes, so she made her bed.

Amelle...ch...BYE

JADE...ch...DOUBLE BYE.

Overall though, I'm pleasantly surprised with how seriously they're taking this comeback. They've been performing together and working with some really hot producers. This isn't just some B-tier project.

I'm also glad that Siobhan's sound fits in so well. She has the lightest voice of the three, but her tone and style is so unmistakable, and she really does add something special. Definitely better than Heidi.

Artemisia

Banned
fd795887.jpg

http://pitchfork.com/features/update/9075-katy-b/

Pitchfork: Are there any big sonic shifts this time around?

KB: I wanted to put more emphasis on songs this time around, rather than it just being one beat. I’m working with Geeneus, who produced quite a lot of On a Mission, again and I’ve worked with Diplo, Al Shux, and Fraser T Smith, who did [Adele's] "Set Fire to the Rain". I'm hopefully doing some more work with Jacques Greene and Joker as well.

skylerclap.gif

I hope the album remains strictly electronic though. No time for a Katy B piano ballad.

Pitchfork: As someone with dubstep roots, is it funny to hear a drop in a song like Taylor Swift’s "I Knew You Were Trouble"?

KB: It’s not so weird for me because dubstep has been big in the UK for years. I quite like that song, and as long as it’s done well, I’m fine with hearing a dubstep drop in any song.

Pitchfork: By the same token, does the mainstream appropriation of those sounds make you want to move further away from them in your own music?

KB: It does. The reason I started doing music like that in the first place was because it felt fresh and different. Whenever I’m making something, the challenge is always to create something that’s interesting for me to listen to. So when I hear the same formula being used over and over, I get bored. Just as huge pop artists have taken inspiration from things that are happening at the moment, I do the same with my music. But I’ve never really compared myself to anyone who’s a big star -- I’m not trying to be a fashion icon or get famous.

slay us, hipster queen

Majmun

Mutya Keisha Siobhan - otherwise known as Sugababes 1.0 - have reworked Kendrick Lamar's "Swimming Pools" and...damn this shit bangs HARD.

Click to listen.

Their sound really takes me back to a time when R&B girl groups DOMINATED. Their remake of this song gives me goosebumps. Just so slick and effortless. I'm glad these girls are back together because I think they rival even Destiny's Child when it comes to quality girl groups (who can sing).

Next to Sia, MKS is the act I'm waiting for this year.

That's terrific. Can't wait for their album. The original SB is flawless.

Poor Heidi. Left with the scraps now.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm glad MKS are back together, but it is a shame about Heidi. Hole In The Head, Round Round and Freak Like Me are eternally flawless and all feature her.

Hope she gets away from the current shell that is the Sugababes and goes solo or tries a new groupS

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
ibb2dsnykwGGg7.gif

Wait, what, why?

Those poor little monsters. I hope the Madonnasaur allows them to leave unscathed.

But still.....

i45A04R2uUK97.gif

Nemesis_

It's not JUST about the Little Monsters, but they apparently come up in the interview. I saw it on Twitter, I don't know why anyone would make it up soooo >_>

They did a big re-adjustment of AI #'s again today.

THIS is why you cannot compare the radio impact of songs across era's using AI as a metric.

1. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Thrift Shop f/Wanz: 160.960 (-16.751)
2. TAYLOR SWIFT – I Knew You Were Trouble: 152.875 (-14.546)
3. MAROON 5 – Daylight: 143.013 (-12.996)
4. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Suit & Tie: 141.610 (-9.891)
5. BRUNO MARS – When I Was Your Man: 138.777 (-8.721)
6. SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA – Don’t You Worry Child: 124.262 (-15.141)
7. BRUNO MARS – Locked Out Of Heaven: 123.441 (-12.828)
8. WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS – Scream And Shout: 118.716 (-14.970)
9. CALVIN HARRIS – Sweet Nothing f/Florence Welch: 110.685 (-0.198) ▲
10. LUMINEERS – Ho Hey: 104.640 (-9.125) ▼

11. KELLY CLARKSON – Catch My Breath: 88.273 (-7.577)
12. RIHANNA – Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 85.914 (-6.595)
13. MUMFORD & SONS – I Will Wait: 82.656 (-6.517)
14. PINK – Try: 78.941 (-5.445) ▲
15. RIHANNA – Pour It Up: 78.682 (-5.905)
16. IMAGINE DRAGONS – It’s Time: 77.701 (-7.300) ▼
17. PITBULL – Feel This Moment f/C. Aguilera: 74.242 (-6.780)
18. A$AP ROCKY – F**kin Problems f/Drake: 70.212 (-4.764)
19. BLAKE SHELTON – Sure Be Cool If You Did: 64.319 (-2.736)
20. CARRIE UNDERWOOD – Two Black Cadillacs: 63.184 (-1.785) ▲

OF MONSTERS AND MEN – Little Talks: 60.586 (-5.622)
HUNTER HAYES – Somebody’s Heartbreak: 60.240 (-1.941)
DRAKE – Started From The Bottom: 56.706 (-3.501)
LIL WAYNE – Love Me f/Drake & Future: 54.328 (-3.429)
FUN. – Carry On: 51.793 (-3.200)
LADY ANTEBELLUM – Downtown: 51.241 (-0.893)
PINK – Just Give Me A Reason: 40.568 (-2.859)
DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 37.556 (-4.047)
OLLY MURS – Troublemaker f/Flo Rida: 36.529 (-3.927)
MUSE – Madness: 35.609 (-1.694)
KREWELLA – Alive: 33.709 (-3.642)
EMELI SANDE – Next To Me: 27.246 (-1.794)
ICONA POP – I Love It f/Charli XCX: 24.287 (-2.609)
FALL OUT BOY – My Songs Know What You Did…: 23.855 (-2.438)

BRAD PAISLEY – Beat This Summer: 17.297 (+0.137)
TAYLOR SWIFT – 22: 17.248 (+0.151)
MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Can’t Hold Us f/Ray Dalton: 12.493 (+0.193)
JUSTIN BIEBER – Right Here f/Drake: 10.761 (-1.024)
PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Gone, Gone, Gone: 9.663 (-0.338)
LUMINEERS – Stubborn Love: 9.467 (-0.940)
CHER LLOYD – With Ur Love f/Juicy J: 8.768 (-1.124)
CIARA – Body Party: 1.855
WILL.I.AM F/JUSTIN BIEBER – #thatpower: (-)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I was part of a fashion parade.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
2013-03-1619.40.26-1v8jnu.jpg

Because balloons are cheaper than plastic bubbles.

Mau ®

The Canadian Queen is recording her next album

Often very secretive about what she is up to in the studio, Carly Rae did something she doesn't often do. She tweeted not once but twice yesterday about her and Tavish working in a Studio in Barcelona on a new song.

Carly Rae Jepsen ‏@carlyraejepsen

Studio day in Barcelona! Working with @iambharv and @tavishcrowe on a newbie. Yay!!!

and

Carly Rae Jepsen ‏@carlyraejepsen

Studio!!!! http://instagr.am/p/W4nznmKVgE/

BHarv is Bernard Harvey - bassist for the Justin Bieber Tour and producer on 4 of Bieber's songs:

-Under the Mistletoe
-Happy New Years
-Just Like Them
-Fairytale

Icicle

Rihanna's impacT

tumblr_mjpupjclEF1r7wabyo1_500.jpg

Um, what "impacT" would that be?

The one where she's lost in the crowd of hews and lessors that have been trying
and failing
to ride the wake created by a LEGEND's iconic hairstyle twenty years ago?

iASLoGEeYCBad.png

x1kbyRS.jpg

Rolling Stone 1993

The only Rihanna impacT I see:

iblgrEDvdO1Bor.gif

Mau ®

A new blind item (rumored to be about Brit) has surfaced:

blind-item.jpg

Fans think a new blind item on CrazyDaysAndNights is about Britney and David Lucado.

“This nobody has hit the lottery. He actually could be making for or asking for a whole lot more money than he is currently getting paid to be the boyfriend of this A list celebrity. She loves having a boyfriend and the only way she is going to meet someone who does not work for her is if someone arranges it. A few introductory meetings and a a coffee and then dates paid unknowingly by her. He gets paid $1000 a week which is twice as much as he was making at his last job. He is not supposed to have sex with her, but no one says no to her without a fight so it probably has happened or will. Does this make him a gigolo?”

I could believe it
okIAQ.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Um, what "impacT" would that be?

The one where she's lost in the crowd of hews and lessors that have been trying
and failing
to ride the wake created by a LEGEND's iconic hairstyle twenty years ago?

iASLoGEeYCBad.png

x1kbyRS.jpg

Rolling Stone 1993

I see a picture of eight people who haven't had a hit in the past 5 years and a global superstar who has sold hundreds of millions of records 37 top 40 hits, and the world constantly talking about her. That is her impacT.

But even then, it wasn't anything aside from a joke, but she does have tons of impacT.

And almost every song clocked negative updates so bye.

Mau ®

mj-laughing.gif

LOL this poor Tranet stan still trying it. Sis ALL songs had negative updates today.

Where are your faves in that list? Where's C-Error? The Murderer? or even "The shadow of her dead brother"?! Where are your irrelevant faves?

They are NOWHERE to be found much like their wigs, music and relevance!

Oh and nobody even remembers Janet or the rest of the HEWS? you posted, let alone their red hair

Taylor-Swift-Laughing-Gif-taylor-swift-30258989-500-245.gif

Mau ®

Why did everything have negative updates though

The ATRL theory is:

They are doing some audience re-adjusting and panel balancing again. It's happening across all formats so multi-format smashes will suffer catastrophic drops once the overall updates are in. “Suit & Tie” and “When I Was Your Man” will likely lose 10 million, while “Thrift Shop” could very well end up losing even 20 million.

Fey

Banned
atrl has finally stopped sucking and sent me a replacement password (since i already forgot it oop)

now time to post

ezzEKM8.gif

Fey

Banned
Servers will get messy soon enough. I try to avoid the site during the evening.

so the site's often down randomly? geeez, i wonder what it's like during major events.
wait, you have to wait 5 minutes between searches? .__.

and nem, i had no idea you were studying to be a doctor.
wEaHLBa.gif
that's my goal right now.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Baldie J does look good with the new cut. Giving me Sinead O'Connor realness.

Well she did said her new album was going to explore "darker places" maybe she might as well get the haircut to use it on a new video or something. But definitely shorter hair will suit her better than the style she had before. Hopefully she serves that sad dark music and have a proper direction instead of being a all over the place mess she had in "Who You Are"

BTW how fucked up are the charts o_O

so the site's often down randomly? geeez, i wonder what it's like during major events.
wait, you have to wait 5 minutes between searches? .__.

and nem, i had no idea you were studying to be a doctor.
wEaHLBa.gif
that's my goal right now.

They are a mess right now.

Apparently they are going to do a massive upgrade over the summer to try to fix the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom