• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshiya

Hm, those of you that are sharing your opinions about Pitchfork, do you guys actually read it/visit it regularly?
I'm a p4k apologist, I think Nemesis has it right really. They're not perfect but there isn't really anything better that is as broad.

Nemesis_

Did anyone just receive some questionable promo materials elsewhere?

iKWttOYdtiskY.gif

Anyway, it seems L.A. Reid is now doing the MOST with/for Ciara. A month ago, it seemed like a real possibility that her album could be shelved indefinitely. Since Body Party dropped, things have been turning around for Ciara. For starters, the song appeared on iTunes within 8 days of it premiering, the shortest gap between the two in years (this isn't a joke...nnnn), and peaked at a tepid #77 (and it's stint <80 was incredibly brief), which I /believe/ is the highest peak she's achieved by herself (ie, no Love Sex Magic) since 2007 with "Promise". Yes, "Body Party" reached a higher peak than "Ride" ever did, and that song went to #24 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Sorry peaked at #64 on iTunes
Ride peaked at #33

However they both peaked with videos, which is why people expect big things for the Body Party video releasing this week (Along with radio release)

For someone whose brand/status has almost been erased completely, it's good to see what looks to be an opportunity for her to return to the music scene in some capacity.

As I was saying about L.A. Reid, it's great to see Ciara command his attention after he's paid her none ever since she signed to Epic. L.A. couldn't exactly let this single generate all this buzz for an album that was as good as vaporware, so he finally committed to a release date for One Woman Army, June 4th. He must have fast-tracked the music video for "Body Party" because it's already done and being edited now. (I hope that doesn't mean it's going to be rushed/shitty). i

I've genuinely loved everything that I've heard off the upcoming album (talking about her 3 singles and about as many snippets I've heard). I feel quite confident that this album is going to be a smash. If it were ever possible for Ciara to have a comeback, I think she's got the album for the job. If she flops again, I'm sure she will keep at it. I think that's an incredibly admirable quality, and I hope everyone who calls her "Ci-error' and such recognizes that she doesn't let anything get in the way of pursuing in her dreams, \world of naysayers be damned.

There were some very bad circumstances around her last 2 albums 'flopping', and honestly for what were basically independent albums those albums did pretty well.

But her team definitely has a game plan to restructure her image. Shying away from Pop-ara and going back to her roots

Nemesis_

Impending slayage on the horizon (if the rumor is true).

if0SE4ABrMmTr.gif

I wonder if a part dos would get the same amount of promo tho.

Well then music would have to be actually good, and not ride on the hype wave of his return to music.

igMoVRou21J1i.gif

Maybe JT can release an album of elevator music to go with his album of lounge music.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
gagautu0o.png

Photos are emerging.

Nemesis_

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Lady-Gaga-s-Bubble-Dress-on-SNL-lady-gaga-25298312-500-204.gif

ALSO

LOL I just realised I have already missed a day of my Xtina/Rih stanning commentary.

Let's start again with the digital queen, Rih.

iSp96pDbcF1Gl.gif

Rihanna-jay-z-umbrella.jpg

Umbrella from Good Girl Gone Bad

Easily and undeniably one of Rih's most iconic and impactful songs (that has more than five lyrics) I think everyone cannot deny the impact of Umbrella. Some parts of the media even blamed the song's success for natural disaster. The drums in the opening, the iconic ELLA ELLA hook. Everything is here to make a perfecT pop song.​

============================

And now, Xtina.

ivLJSEPOZzlRc.gif

WXvmdcd.jpg

WooHoo (feat. Nicki Minaj) from Bionic

Pioneering the way for artists to collaborate with Icky Garbaj, WooHoo is an uptempo infectious smash. Haters seem to hate how sexual the song is but I personally feel like that is missing the point. Nicki's verse is flawless and fits perfectly with the song, some of her best work. It's almost like a dirtier, grittier and more downright ratchet version of Rude Boy or Hollaback Girl. I'm surprised this song wasn't actually released as a lead single - it feels a lot more progressive than Not Myself Tonight was.​

Icicle

Gerl please, secrete your oozing pus-filled hate elsewhere. Not in the mood for another essay on Jasmine Trias or some other 18th century whew.

It s a known facT that horses have a remarkable memory, so don't try and forget that you threw some drive-by Ciara shade a few minutes earlier, science isn't on your side.

Academic Journal Receipt by PhD

My fave may have certain equestrian predilections, but at least I can sleep soundly at night, confident in the belief that her flaw-free vagina has not been viciously gored by mutant dick.

Yes, I'm sure you do sleep quite soundly with nightly routine of shooting up some Special K. At least you're still shooting up in one aspect of your life, that probably balances out instances of missing the UK Top 200 altogether, with fewer than 600 copies sold, which was her most recent single...just a couple months ago, really.

You call her C-list-ara? Could it be that the shade coming from "one of today's most talented vocalists" was actually something of a compliment? This is coming from a local reality show personality who can't even crack the bottom of the chart in her home country and is now without her management team, Modest! (I guess she did not live up to Modest!'s expectations?). There's not even a proper counter shade for this, you have to be in last place to be a Z-lister, and you couldn't even manage that, so...

iishtftF7Vqid.gif

Such an unfortunate visage. No wonder your fave had to resort to getting her sexual cravings satisfied by raping fans on stage.
Did you think you were being funny, cute, clever, or achieving a good read here? Grasping at straws like Jasmine Trias, unspecified ancient whew, talking about Janet at all, much less her ex boyfriend, much less speculating about the state of his dick and why his face is responsible for Janet "raping" her fans during shows.

"Sniping", as I'm calling it, takes zero skill whatsoever. We can all hit upon each other's perceived faults/oddities/faves and throw a cursory read at each one. The point of responding should be to address what I've said and make a counterargument. When you start relying on unrelated "snipe" reads in order to bolster your post, it's because you didn't have anything to say in the first place. (People who say BYE and pressedt every third word are guilty of this too). If you're trying to say something, then be faithful to that intent. Mentioning unrelated things is transparent as hell and makes you look like angry and, for lack of a better word, pressed.

im2hMInlgbmGh.gif

Everyone knows you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink it. I'm not bringing you to the water so that you can drink it, though.

clHkvAc.png

Recall what I said about horses having incredible memories? It turns out that their recollection can be problematic because they hold on to traumas for a very long time.
"In fact, one nasty moment of fright and the horse will commit the fright, the place and the circumstances to memory for years." Receipt

The reason why we're in this beautiful lake is so that you are caught off-guard when I ruin your shit now. If you ever so much as step to me, Ciara, any of my faves, lesser faves, or any of my best sistren's faves, Ciara will Ride you right on back here. And it will go down exactly like this, mark my words.

I will stand on your head and snatch your mane while I wait for you to drown. After you've been drowned and pulled out of the lake, your body will be rented out to Mr. Hands in order to recoup some of the losses incurred from producing Glassheart. Although you never got a chance to do so when you were alive, you'll get to experience a multi-city tour of America as you are shipped between different veterinarian training schools. And then, decomposition...For you are dust, you have always been paid dust, and to dust shall you return.

Go ahead take a minute to soak all the beauty that we're surrounded by out here, because you will not be able to forget this scene for the rest of your "career"/Pop-GAF life.

I also read bitches and hoes.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. In the event that everything else I said has gone over your head, I at least wanted to give you something you'd be able to read.

8wSzlcm.jpg

ibhk1Sv65q2ECs.gif

This horse slaughter was brought to you by Sasha Grey.

Nemesis_

Since that didn't go down well, I'll do my DAILY RIH/XTINA POST for fun. <_<

Once again, first with Rih.

ibcZ2maCROYmOZ.gif

Don%27t_Stop_the_Music_Single.PNG

Please Don't Stop The Music from Good Girl Gone Bad

The first thing has to be said about this song - the Michael Jackson sample absolutely destroys it (and I mean this in a positive way). The synth, the bass, everything about this song makes it a perfect club banger. I remember it was one of the songs that used to come on in the clubs when we were [illegally >_>] nightclubbing almost every weekend. Maybe my memories that I associate with this song propel it to the forefront of my memory, but I think it's just so infectious. I remember when it lost to LoveStoned too. A sad day :(

==========================

QUEEN OF THE IN N OUT, Xtina.

iblAv8IfMG8xjC.gif

tn-christinagauilera-birdsofprey-300x300.jpg

Birds of Prey from Bionic

TWO TRACKS FROM BIONIC SO FAR. REALLY? One of my favourite Xtina songs ever and even one I used to admit to liking when I was a hater. There's no belters, no loud noises. Just an ethereal, haunting and spooky production from Ladytron. It's a shame it was relegated to the Deluxe edition - I remember hearing about there being conflicts between RCA and Xtina about Bionic and maybe this song was one she wanted and RCA didn't? Its a haunting, pulsing and electronic masterpiece *.*​

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Icicles reading was something else! I look forward to the clapback

9mn1Mve.gif

Pigrez is disgusting. Should be a bannable offense posting pictures of him

cory64

?uestlove said:
"i admire the balls it took to make this record. cause he coulda easily urshurd his work in and made diplo his teddy riley to 20/20's dangerous instead of sticking with timb's Quincy. feel me?"
i told [Timbaland] my assistant zarah (born in 88) was frowning like "i don't like this song" and is he cool with the fact that only 35 year old people who love their soul in 95 bpm zone will "get" this song. and he was like 'why do we put all of our power in the hands of 18 year olds....i wanted to make a joint that 40 year olds would love too' and by the time the video came out all the 86 after sect were aboard again. (i agree the only thing i don't like about suit and tie is jay's beat switch up.....its cute....but its a pander move---if you gonna go 40.....go 40/40 with it" anywho....i love the songs, but was worried on how he will cut the prime rib to feed to toothless babies. ballsy move however. i applaud ballsy moves
mess.
while Tim is in his zone on it, there's nothing ballsy about 20/20 other than its arrogant indulgence.

Nemesis_

Oh lord.

&#8220;Either get in the booth, or shut your mouth,&#8221; Shystie spits to kick off &#8220;Doppelganger,&#8221; an Azealia Banks diss track that offers the London rapper&#8217;s take on their Twitter beef and Banks&#8217; latest song.

Their Twitter beef stems from Shystie&#8217;s March 4 release of her &#8220;Control It&#8221; music video &#8212; which, despite her own verse and cameo, Banks called &#8220;bogus&#8221; and &#8220;unoriginal.&#8221; Shystie&#8217;s second verse in &#8220;Doppelganger&#8221; is a fiery and more succinct version of her open letter to Billboard&#8216;s The Juice, while later verses simultaneously interpolate the melodic breakdown of Banks&#8217; &#8220;212&#8243; and take down &#8220;Yung Rapunxel.&#8221; Hear &#8220;Doppelganger&#8221; after the jump.

https://soundcloud.com/iamshystie/doppelg-nger

ijWS1BwotjJYY.gif

Looks like the 20/20 E OT will pass the BTW OT

Nem tried, good luck with the ARTPOP one

The BTW OT is still an accomplishment on an incredibly polarising album sung by a female singer.

See the Kanye thread. How are the WARRIOR and LOTUS threads doing?

LordT even MDNA did better.

iiaHSSiii44sC.gif

Don't know why you're coming for me though. >_>

cory64

1. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS &#8211; Thrift Shop f/Wanz: 160.431 (-0.529)
2. TAYLOR SWIFT &#8211; I Knew You Were Trouble: 151.141 (-1.734)
3. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE &#8211; Suit & Tie: 145.394 (+3.784) &#9650;
4. MAROON 5 &#8211; Daylight: 145.255 (+2.242) &#9660;
5. BRUNO MARS &#8211; When I Was Your Man: 142.346 (+3.569)
6. SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA &#8211; Don&#8217;t You Worry Child: 121.305 (-2.957)
7. BRUNO MARS &#8211; Locked Out Of Heaven: 120.735 (-2.706)
8. WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS &#8211; Scream And Shout: 116.887 (-1.829)
9. LUMINEERS &#8211; Ho Hey: 104.346 (-0.294)
10. CALVIN HARRIS &#8211; Sweet Nothing f/Florence Welch: 101.391 (+0.706)

11. RIHANNA &#8211; Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 88.447 (+2.533) &#9650;
12. KELLY CLARKSON &#8211; Catch My Breath: 85.828 (-2.445) &#9660;
13. MUMFORD & SONS &#8211; I Will Wait: 83.074 (+0.418)
14. RIHANNA &#8211; Pour It Up: 78.717 (+0.035) &#9650;
15. PINK &#8211; Try: 77.986 (-0.955) &#9660;
16. IMAGINE DRAGONS &#8211; It&#8217;s Time: 77.841 (+0.140)
17. PITBULL &#8211; Feel This Moment f/C. Aguilera: 75.804 (+1.562)
18. A$AP ROCKY &#8211; F**kin Problems f/Drake: 70.098 (-0.114)
19. BLAKE SHELTON &#8211; Sure Be Cool If You Did: 64.728 (+0.409)
20. CARRIE UNDERWOOD &#8211; Two Black Cadillacs: 63.633 (+0.449)

HUNTER HAYES &#8211; Somebody&#8217;s Heartbreak: 60.333 (+0.093)
OF MONSTERS AND MEN &#8211; Little Talks: 60.271 (-0.315)
DRAKE &#8211; Started From The Bottom: 57.539 (+0.833)
LIL WAYNE &#8211; Love Me f/Drake & Future: 54.648 (+0.320)
FUN. &#8211; Carry On: 53.226 (+1.433)
LADY ANTEBELLUM &#8211; Downtown: 51.802 (+0.561)
PINK &#8211; Just Give Me A Reason: 42.599 (+2.031)
OLLY MURS &#8211; Troublemaker f/Flo Rida: 37.055 (+0.526)
DEMI LOVATO &#8211; Heart Attack: 38.619 (+1.063)
MUSE &#8211; Madness: 35.834 (+0.225)
KREWELLA &#8211; Alive: 34.154 (+0.445)
EMELI SANDE &#8211; Next To Me: 27.510 (+0.264)
FALL OUT BOY &#8211; My Songs Know What You Did&#8230;: 24.290 (+0.435)
ICONA POP &#8211; I Love It f/Charli XCX: 24.281 (-0.006)

TAYLOR SWIFT &#8211; 22: 19.617 (+2.369)
BRAD PAISLEY &#8211; Beat This Summer: 18.541 (+1.244)
MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS &#8211; Can&#8217;t Hold Us f/Ray Dalton: 13.603 (+1.110)
JUSTIN BIEBER &#8211; Right Here f/Drake: 11.129 (+0.368)
PHILLIP PHILLIPS &#8211; Gone, Gone, Gone: 9.863 (+0.200)
LUMINEERS &#8211; Stubborn Love: 9.540 (+0.073)
CHER LLOYD &#8211; With Ur Love f/Juicy J: 9.119 (+0.351)
CARLY RAE JEPSEN &#8211; Tonight I&#8217;m Getting Over You: 2.384
DAVID GUETTA &#8211; Play Hard f/Ne-Yo & Akon: 0.049
PASSENGER &#8211; Let Her Go: 0.041
ASAF AVIDAN &#8211; One Day/Reckoning Song: 0.005

Nemesis_

Reading through the delusions of grandeur in a certain OT makes me more excited for the EDUCATION we will bring come ARTPOP.

i6r0FIFX0x1Dh.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Yes, we must be rihminded that all the other stans are below uS cause our fave is at the toP

If I was to humor this it would go like this

Top Bases atm:
1. The Disgustins
2. The Nation
3. The Navy
4. Directioners
5. Beyhive
6. Lovatics
7. Beliebers
8. The Fighters
9. Kelly stans

The rest of the other bases are dormant right now since their fave is MIA