• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
The transformation is complete, and the student has officially become the teacher. This sounds like something from Rihanna's "Maybe" pile...

I do agree that it sounds like a Rihanna B-Side. Like it's giving me Rihductive "Phresh Out the Runway" teas. Not the production since POTR had the sense to have an amazing beat, but in the content. It seems out of Bey's place to lead an album with a Ratchet anthem. But I guess she's seen all the success bitches (mainly Rih) have been having with them and she's hopping on.

botty

Banned
but waiT...

is this Beyonce's "stache/high princess"?

WKKIz.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
I find it weird that Bey is on this trap cursing like she doesn't have any sense, when usually that's Rih's ratchet thing. It seems odd and forced coming from her, like "Diva" felt odd and forced since she exhibits a image of humility for the most part.

royalan

I find it weird that Bey is on this trap cursing like she doesn't have any sense, when usually that's Rih's ratchet thing. It seems odd and forced coming from her, like "Diva" felt odd and forced since she exhibits a image of humility for the most part.

It's Beyonce's desperation at its most tangible level. This song embodies everything Beyonce "claimed" to be trying to get away from when she made 4. I guess when the flop singles start stacking up, though...

Found out about this from Londalan's thread, RIP. Thanks for being our MVP, sis. <3

Bey and Gaga need to stop making useless trash and start giving me actual album music :(

cory64

isn't it in bad form to start your era off with a buzz track tho?

edit: remember that quote from Timbaland about S&T being a semi-buzz thing and how they didn't want to start off with a traditional single? Is Mirrors really supposed to be that traditional single? What the hell were you talking about Tim, because there's nothing like that on 20/20?

DMeisterJ

Banned
isn't it in bad form to start your era off with a buzz track tho?

edit: remember that quote from Timbaland about S&T being a semi-buzz thing and how they didn't want to start off with a traditional single? Is Mirrors really supposed to be that traditional single? What the hell were you talking about Tim, because there's nothing like that on 20/20?

Tracks are 'buzz singles' until they are successful. Then they're lead singles.

Let me interrupt this parade of hate to let you girls know:

• I got legit tingles with Bow Down
  • said tingles turned into full blown shivers with I Been On

If this is any indication of the direction of 5, i'm here for that.

Bow Down is cute, I Been On GOES HARD, and it gives me life. I cannot wait.

iZo9Mj97ROeoQ.jpg

I can't at the same hoes that was crying how they missed ratchet B'day Bey are cuttin a fool right now. Maybe if Roy gave Xtina as much promo as he does Bey she wouldn't have to be featured to get some shine.

#BowDown

imHfc2B1uV4EE.gif

#TexasTrillBey4Lyfe

royalan

I can't at the same hoes that was crying how they missed ratchet B'day Bey are cuttin a fool right now. Maybe if Roy gave Xtina as much promo as he does Bey she wouldn't have to be featured to get some shine.

#BowDown

imHfc2B1uV4EE.gif

#TexasTrillBey4Lyfe

i8nwaYp70wZac.jpg

Why you gonna come for me tho when I'm showering praise on your other fave in the same thread?

I do miss me some #RatchetBey but this disjointed lukewarm ass MESS isn't good #RatchetBey.

I STILL want melody, flow and VOCALS. Not whatever-the-fuck this is supposed to be.

When I think Ratchet Bey, I think "Green Light." I think "Get Me Bodied." I think "Kitty Kat."

Not...this.

#BowDown

imHfc2B1uV4EE.gif

#TexasTrillBey4Lyfe
Gerl sit with that flop straw man. When we asked for ratchet, we meant "Ring The Alarm" and "Freakum Dress" seizure anthems, not seedy syphilitic Azealia sebum.

Thankfully we know this track isn't representative of the album, since Bey already put it out there that 5 is a return to R&B.

royalan

Gerl sit with that flop straw man. When we asked for ratchet, we meant "Ring The Alarm" and "Freakum Dress" seizure anthems, not seedy syphilitic Azealia sebum.

Thankfully we know this track isn't representative of the album, since Bey already put it out there that 5 is a return to R&B.

OMG - How the FUCK did I forget FREEKUM DRESS!?!?

Why you gonna come for me tho when I'm showing praise on your other fave in the same thread?

I do miss me some #RatchetBey but this disjointed lukewarm ass MESS isn't good Ratchet Bey.

I STILL want melody, flow and VOCALS. Not whatever-the-fuck this is supposed to be.

When I think Ratchet Bey, I think "Green Light." I think "Get Me Bodied." I think "Kitty Kat."

Not...this.

I didn't do your girl but your sister was alright
Took her to my homeboy's Caddy last night

imHfc2B1uV4EE.gif

Nemesis_

Incredibly mediocre. It suddenly becomes apparent why it took so long for Beyonce to release any semblance of new material. To lower your standards so that ANYTHING that she projects out of her constantly hue changing mouth.

Release the lead single already and stop fucking around.

i3sruDkkpM1qj.gif

The production is cute but those lyrics :biblio:

And did she photoshop herself into a white girls bedroom? The thirsT!

Incredibly mediocre. It suddenly becomes apparent why it took so long for Beyonce to release any semblance of new material. To lower your standards so that ANYTHING that she projects out of her constantly hue changing mouth.

Release the lead single already and stop fucking around.

The production is cute but those lyrics :biblio:

And did she photoshop herself into a white girls bedroom? The thirsT!

ibvu7WLfsT2gP2.gif

I swear. The minute anyone veers from y'alls preconceived notions.. This all very reminiscent some Nintendo should go third party shit on the gaming side.

Nemesis_

It's nice to hear her voice again on a record at least, lol.

Can't wait for 5.

I am willing to write this off as some boring CAKE-esque mess and still have hope that she could slay with a song not unlike Countdown on #FFFFFive.

At least you're being the most reasonable of the stans. xo

I swear. The minute anyone veers from y'alls preconceived notions.. This all very reminiscent some Nintendo should go third party shit on the gaming side.

You were trying to spill the tea on ALL OF US in the 20/20 thread earlier that we don't like "anything avant garde". I don't know what kind of "notions" could be more stale than this.

Do you think that this medley of ratchet is "avant garde" and that's why a majority of us didn't like it?

Artemisia

Banned
I have a confession to make.

ixeegJLX8Spmy.gif

Botty and Roy can feel free to clock me all they want about this

ixeegJLX8Spmy.gif

No, i'm not stanning for Xtincta, so forget about that.

ixeegJLX8Spmy.gif

Work by Iggy Azalea fucking slays. It is perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom