• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
It has been confirmed:

@RyanSeacrest
Just got confirmation from the man himself, @JTimberlake will drop a 2nd album, part 2 of 20/20 Experience soon! #iHeartJT

ihmbtM9PQeuUF.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I want club bangers, I already forgot the reason why I wanted JT to flop
but if he is going to stick around I want music that I like

tumblr_m7d4yhmAJq1qczqoj.png

Nemesis_

Apparently, Rih's next single is Pour It Up.

Coming to clock Beyonce and snatch everyone's weaves.

You all tried though.

2nd April

Apparently,, Rih's next single is Pour It Up.

Coming to clock Beyonce and snatch everyone's weaves.

You all tried though.

2nd April

You mean the single she released on Jan 8th and has already pretty much peaked on radio?

Or are they going to try again to make it happen on pop?

(Maybe the release date of the long delayed video is Apr 2nd?)

its basically being sent officially to pop since pop has picked it up anyways.

So sorta like Just A Fool? (minus the flopping)

Not sure why they would have handled the single so foolishly. April 2nd is too soon for Stay and will cut it off in the AC/HAC formats should it be a success. At the same time it is too late to benefit from its huge urban airplay which will almost certainly be in decline by that point.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
So sorta like Just A Fool? (minus the flopping)

Not sure why they would have handled the single so foolishly. April 2nd is too soon for Stay and will cut it off in the AC/HAC formats should it be a success. At the same time it is too late to benefit from its huge urban airplay which will almost certainly be in decline by that point.

Stay is boring so the faster they get that shit out of the radio the better

tumblr_mjmqu9m2nM1ql5yr7o2_250.gif

Stay is boring so the faster they get that shit out of the radio the better

tumblr_mjmqu9m2nM1ql5yr7o2_250.gif

Eh it's not perfect, but it is easily my favorite track from Unapologetic.

Pour It Up is terrible imo. Though, since JT is smashing, maybe it will too? We could be teleporting back to 2004.

cory64

Stay isn't going to peak any higher on the Hot 100 even if it's still gaining strong on radio.
This is a smart move to fill in the gap between Stay and her summer dance single without feeling like they're shoving something out the door too fast.

Worst Use of GIFs by an Individual...

Hmm, I don't know who to put in this category. The fact that I have to choose 3 makes it even harder. Ya'll post gifs so flawlessly.

DMeisterJ

Banned
PIU going to POP means nothing. It's already top 50 on pop so there's no reason to not release it officially. It has little to no impact on Stay since they're going to play Stay more than PIU, but even if they don't, remember that Rih currently has 2 singles in the top 10 on urban at the same time. They'll find time to play both singles if they want tO.

The next single after "Stay" goes #1 will be "Jump" anyway. That will be the 3rd #1 of this era.

Stay is not going #1. It may go #1 on radio, but the math doesn't add up with the other factors for the Hot 100.

ESPECIALLY after the PIU video is released which will reduce the Stay video's impact significantly.

moulels

Looooord UNAPOLOGETIC is so flawless I CANT

Phresh Out the Runway
1Oymt.gif

Diamonds
1Oymt.gif

Numb
1Oymt.gif
(I hate M&M's part tho)
Pour It Up
1Oymt.gif

Jump
1Oymt.gif

Right Now
1Oymt.gif

What Now
1Oymt.gif

Stay
1Oymt.gif

Nobody's Business
1Oymt.gif

Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary
1Oymt.gif

Lost in Paradise
1Oymt.gif

Half of Me
1Oymt.gif

It's my fav Rihanna album by far.

Trigger

Phresh Out the Runway
1Oymt.gif

Diamonds
1Oymt.gif

Numb
1Oymt.gif
(I hate M&M's part tho)
Pour It Up
1Oymt.gif

Jump
1Oymt.gif

Right Now
1Oymt.gif

What Now
1Oymt.gif

Stay
1Oymt.gif

Nobody's Business
1Oymt.gif

1Oymt.gif

Lost in Paradise
1Oymt.gif

Half of Me
1Oymt.gif

Yasssss

FqZoO.gif

cory64

Phresh Out the Runway
1Oymt.gif

Diamonds
1Oymt.gif

Numb
1Oymt.gif
(I hate M&M's part tho)
Pour It Up
1Oymt.gif

Jump
1Oymt.gif

Right Now
1Oymt.gif

What Now
1Oymt.gif

Stay
1Oymt.gif

Nobody's Business
1Oymt.gif

1Oymt.gif

Lost in Paradise
1Oymt.gif

Half of Me
1Oymt.gif

whoops you forgot to lie, maybe edit your post?

Aguila

#ICONIC
Miley Cyrus thinks she's all that and a bag of chips but she's not. Selena saw that and droppeT ha. Their lesbian love is now over and Miley is seething.

nah, she just learn from her bff Taylor and her new friend Ms. Katy Perry
on how to use your ex for promo

Not the same situations at all. Taylor and Katy were both huge before, during, and later after their relationships, and there is no real evidence to support the idea that their careers were boosted due to them.

Selena was a flop nobody before, and has returned to that state since her relationship. Even while she was riding Bieber (I mean that literally and figuratively) she was only a moderate success.

She will always be a 2nd rate Disney princess.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual

Numb
1Oymt.gif
(I hate M&M's part tho)

This song is so unbelievably disappointing. Love The Way You Lie was flawless. It was perfect beyond words. I'm mostly talking about the version on his album, but Part II was great too. It wasn't as good, but it was still great.

Numb -- both Rihanna's parts as well as Em's -- is just...meh. It falls very flat IMO. It's three and a half minutes that I will never get back. They should not have teamed up again so soon, especially for that of all things.

Not to step back on to my Kelly-stan soap box, but I'd love to see Kelly and him do a song. I was floored by her live cover of "Lose Yourself." When she did that, I didn't think she'd actually pull it off. I'd love to see them do something official. Not gonna happen though.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Not the same situations at all. Taylor and Katy were both huge before, during, and later after their relationships, and there is no real evidence to support the idea that their careers were boosted due to them.

Selena was a flop nobody before, and has returned to that state since her relationship. Even while she was riding Bieber (I mean that literally and figuratively) she was only a moderate success.

She will always be a 2nd rate Disney princess.

lord you are clueless on Disney girls

I should bring CreepyGaf here to educate you on Gomez

lord you are clueless on Disney girls

I should bring CreepyGaf here to educate you on Gomez

The fact that I am uneducated on her just goes to show how irrelevant she is.

She is a "hew" to most people and you will deal. Miley is really the only one of the Disney girls to break out into the public consciousness as of yet.

Artemisia

Banned

She is a "hew" to most people and you will deal. Miley is really the only one of the Disney girls to break out into the public consciousness as of yet.

what did selena do to make you hate ha so much

ibjn0GVISSD43O.gif

what did selena do to make you hate ha so much

I don't hate her per se.

She has simply yet to accomplish ANYTHING in the industry to warrant the attention given. A couple top 50 hits (none inside top 20) is essentially what she is riding on.

Her albums didn't even go platinum like Miley's.

botty

Banned

She is a hew, but don't forget about Queen Hilary.

iWswhwlmcMdUs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom