• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

She is a hew, but don't forget about Queen Hilary.

And Lindsay.
WQMfv.gif

cory64

Yall have me stanning for Hilary, her discography tonight

Hey now
Hey now
This is what dreams are made of

mkbXT.gif
Let the rain fall down
And wake my dreams
Let it wash away
My sanity
Cause I wanna feel the thunder
I wanna scream
Let the rain fall down
I'm coming clean

cory64

Why not (Why not?) take a crazy chance?
Why not (Why not?) do a crazy dance!

Singer Michelle Branch said, in a 2003 interview with Rolling Stone Magazine, that she felt it was, at the time, the worst song she had heard recently: "One lyric stuck in my head: 'You always dress in yellow when you wanna dress in gold,'" she said. "I heard that and I was like, 'Oh, man, what is going on with music these days?' But, hey, whatever floats your boat."[2]
nnnnnnnnnnnnn

edit: she has a really weak voice (or she wasn't being given many songs in her range)

michelle_obama-ugly-1.jpg

"Singer Michelle Branch" can take VARIOUS seats before throwing any stones.

The sun comes up
You turn me on
But when it's dark
You turn me off

A sampling of her own lyrical genius.

royalan

...there was the briefest moment when I thought Ashley Tisdale was going to make it.

I had just turned 21, just moved to Philly, and was young and optimistic.

Oh well.

Nemesis_

I actually had enough Playstation Plus to give out to everyone who entered, but unfortunately they are geolocked to Australia so they are useless.

:(

EDIT:

If you haven't already, consider joining the PopGAF LastFM Group.

We only have seven members right now (HEW is Prestomania, btw?) and by joining the group we also get statistics and shit.

li5MsQ3.png

Here are the top listened to artists in our group at present (note the numbers are the members who listened to said artist, not plays themselves).

I actually had enough Playstation Plus to give out to everyone who entered, but unfortunately they are geolocked to Australia so they are useless.

:(
Aww... that's okay, though. Your love is good enough for me. <3

And, yeah, like Marius said, I'm Presto on Last.fm. :) Sorry to disappoint you by not being a food group, lol.

cory64

20/20 is akin to another recent album that successfully teased-out excitement from satisfaction, Beyoncé's 4. And like Beyoncé, Timberlake is looking to put himself above the fray of those pushing boom-boom beats to quick, repetitive, and oftentimes-numbing hits.
Pitchfork is being so messy right now. x

Happy marriages, as a rule, do not sell records.
But that's not a lie.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
for those of us that made it all through Season 2 of X Factor we will soon get our rewards
@SimonCowell
The first emblem 3 single arrived a week ago. It is fantastic. And fifth harmony are going from strength to strength. Single soon.

ieNGfo5lb2859.gif

royalan

Guys...no offense, but I'm so confused right now.

WHY is everyone shopping Luigi's hat into their avatars?

I've looked in Gaming Side...but I see nothing...

Nemesis_

...all this for the sequel to a flop Gamecube launch title that you could beat in less than five hours?

No wonder I couldn't find the source in Gaming Side. I was looking for megatons.

Shut the fuck up, Derrick. No one is here for your bullshit.

Go and request JUST A FOOL or something.

OR MAYBE EVEN UPDATE THE OP.

i3sruDkkpM1qj.gif

Just A Fool was my least favourite song on Lotus it's the only reason I'm shading tbh

xooxoxoxoox

seriously tho xooooooxoxooxoxooox

royalan

Shut the fuck up, Derrick. No one is here for your bullshit.

Go and request JUST A FOOL or something.

OR MAYBE EVEN UPDATE THE OP.

i3sruDkkpM1qj.gif

Just A Fool was my least favourite song on Lotus it's the only reason I'm shading tbh

xooxoxoxoox

seriously tho xooooooxoxooxoxooox

I don't get my laptop back until Wednesday. ;_____;

royalan

So...apparently POPGAF was discussed in The Black Culture Thread's latest podcast episode...

Anybody know at what minute we're brought up? Ain't nobody got time for 120 minutes of them speaking on lord knows what...

cory64

They're praising 20/20 for being above mindless hits, but that's a pretty shitty point when it's still coming from that DNA, only "letting it breathe" for 7 minutes instead of finding something interesting to do. The interludes on FS/LS actually evolved and added to the content of their main songs, the majority of the tracks on here rely on the interludey parts to carry the album with not much given to build off of. And if you're going for a "timeless" sound, go all the fucking way in both directions lest you come off as lazy (not really talking about Tim on this, JT was the one who failed to turn the music into something substantial). Stability can create art that doesn't have to compromise emotion (see: Countdown), JT just didn't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom