• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/b9ab7ba2f28142ecef4d48085776b38a/tumblr_mfel3soAN51qkolxgo6_250.gif[/IMG]

you and all of your fucking girls' generation gifs omfg
672052ebtw1e0hj1duct6g.gif

Yup. Gaga has yet to put out anything that really elevates her above the rest of the crowd as sometimes claimed. I guess we will see with ARTPOP.

As long as ARTPOP has a song like Government Hooker I'll be set. Not sure how I feel on her "Ratchet" song with Azealia "faggot-isn't-derogatory-in-some-cases-I-Hate-Perez" Banks though.

Nemesis_

ANYWAY.

After our heated debate I started looking at GIF making methods.

I think I realise what the problem is - using AviDemux as a frame capturer.

i0uxcQdVQwlGt.gif

iIYl0xyLK2RWr.gif

The top is captured using Avidemux.

The bottom is captured using VirtualDub.

Both of these are the same framerate, the same frames themselves, and using the same compression/optimisation methods.

I admit the richer colours look better but it takes so much longer (or at least, it's not as easy to pump them out quickly) using VirtualDub.

But I think I might make the switch. Also weird that the one which is more vibrant has a smaller file size.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
ffffff I am guessing AviDemux was my problem as well

still I am sticking with PS although I like how easier it was to crop gifs with Jasc

korean_hot_celebrity_paparazzi_posing_fail-16405.gif

Nemesis_

ffffff I am guessing AviDemux was my problem as well

still I am sticking with PS although I like how easier it was to crop gif with Jasc

korean_hot_celebrity_paparazzi_posing_fail-16405.gif

So is this what you meant when you were saying what you were saying?

I would use PS but given how big everyone's GIFs get around here I am deciding against it. Unless I have to make my own, of course.

Unless it's TRULY iconic I will be keeping everything 3mb and down. 4mb if I absolutely have to.

Like that HAG GIF that's fucking 8.8mb. Mess

Koodo

Banned
i0uxcQdVQwlGt.gif

iIYl0xyLK2RWr.gif

Both of these are the same framerate, the same frames themselves, and using the same compression/optimisation methods.

I admit the richer colours look better but it takes so much longer (or at least, it's not as easy to pump them out quickly) using VirtualDub.

But I think I might make the switch. Also weird that the one which is more vibrant has a smaller file size.
The top one looks better though.

I ain't here for over-saturated and overly-contrasted tumblr teas.

Nemesis_

Ryan Tedder – one of the key names linked to the upcoming Beyoncé album – has confirmed to Popjustice that he’s only just finishing work on his contributions.

“What I’ve been a part of is my favourite thing that I’m working on at the moment and I’m finishing today actually,” he told us on Monday.

Aware of the fact that the album would need to be wrapped up pretty soon, he added: “I’m praying to god that it’s not too late as I’ve been so busy it’s taken me two weeks to get this damn thing done. But it gives me goosebumps.”

No stranger to seeing a song pass from one artist to another at the last minute, Teddo then explained that “I never know what’s going to make a record, so I don’t want to be the guy going ‘I’ve made the biggest hit on the album’ and then it’s not on there”.

OH GOD PLEASE LET IT BE AS GOOD AS ‘HALO’.

OR ‘BATTLEFIELD’.

X

i8yEakbjaw1Az.gif

Isn't Britney Spears the Dane Cook of pop music? Over-exposed, and whose fans barely have a grasp of the medium that their fave is a part of?

Yep, sounds about right.

/T

Artemisia

Banned
http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

TOWERING TIMBERLAKE: With early retail reports coming in hot and heavy, we’re upping the previous 600k first-week estimate on Justin Timberlake’s The 20/20 Experience to north of 750k. Can it hit 800k? Now, wouldn’t that be something for a music biz desperately in need of a dial-moving smash? Credit a brilliant setup by RCA’s Peter Edge and Tom Corson, expert radio wrangling on the part of Joe Riccitelli and, last but not least, the massive appeal and considerable talent of J.T. his bad self. (3/20a)

ibqq8jKYrtaqKY.gif

Edit: Beaten by seconds.

Disgusting, but impressive.

If they are correct our local predictions trollop Lastinline has this round on lockdown with a prediction of 696969.

i0uxcQdVQwlGt.gif

iIYl0xyLK2RWr.gif

The second one is definitely more vibrant as a result of having higher contrast. However, generally when you up contrast you have to up an images brightness to compensate. I have never used the programs you mentioned so I am not sure if they have an option to do that.

If you have photoshop I think in general it is preferable even if you are trying to limit file size.

As to the file size, the difference is also probably due to higher contrast. File size it determined by the number of frames, frame size, and colors used (both in the image and whether you choose 256 colors, 128, etc). When you up contrast it tends to expand the major color areas, and shrinks/eliminates some minor ones resulting in few total colors used. Which reduces the files size somewhat (usually not a significant amount).

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
According to Gaga's manager Vincent Herbert, the singer will not be changing her on stage performance and dance routine once she returns.
Good thing her dance routine is barely a step above Robo-Spears' arm routine.

Who in the holy hell is that? She's wearing a black bed sheet that's clipped together. It's awful.

Single cover for Kelly's People Like Us.

Set to be released to radio April 8th.

Radio edit cuts down the time to 3:45 seconds due to slicing out one of the later choruses (great decision).

Also.

When the hell did P!nk go #1 on itunes? I LOVE JGMAR, but I didn't see smashing in the cards, but not I may have to adjust my expectations.

P!nk has been slaying so consistently lately.

Nooooooo.

My predictions are gonna be so off!

But kiiiiii at lastinline's 696969 guess being the closest at this point.

You will probably end up second though (or first if he drops a bit).

Either way you will be in a good place for the overall prize since the bulk of the predictions are sub 500k.

Styles

Nelly came on stage last night at The Lord's concert to perform "Hey Porsche" with Her.

tumblr_mjxv75VycZ1qmoz6po1_500.png

She also sang COLD AS YOU during Her acoustic set. ;_;

Some random pics from Ha show:

tumblr_mjwyrfVRBd1qb86xno2_500.jpg

tumblr_mjy87g5xPw1qb86xno1_500.jpg

I need Her to announce international dates nowww.
I think she will wait for after the release of the REDone Edition to announce them.

ibkHG1xh1y0kA7.gif

Nemesis_

NEW YORK — Lady Gaga’s manager says the pop star is “doing unbelievable” a month after she had hip surgery that caused her to cancel her U.S. tour.

Vincent Herbert said in an interview Tuesday the 26-year-old Grammy winner is “doing wonderful, doing great.”

Gaga, whose real name is Stefani Germanotta, canceled her “Born This Way Ball” tour last month. She’d hurt herself while performing some time ago.

Herbert says Gaga is finishing her new album, “ARTPOP,” and is “ready to get back to work.”

He calls the new album “very, very refreshing” and says the “Born This Way” singer continues to “push the envelope.”

Herbert adds: “I can’t wait for the world to hear her new music and see her come back healthy, strong and better than ever.”

Washington Post

Lady GaGa has been praised for being "really impressive" in the recording studio.

French DJ Madeon told Digital Spy that the singer gave "everything" during their recording sessions for her upcoming album ARTPOP.

"She's great. She's a really, really interesting and nice person," Madeon said at the launch of Sony's Xperia Z smartphone in London.

"From a personal standpoint it's been hugely admirational, to be like, 'Wow - you're at this level of super, ultimate fame - and there's this aura of superstardom - and you're still an engaging and nice person'. So that was really humbling."

He added: "Professionally, I think she's amazing. She would come out of a show after singing live for three hours and giving it everything, but just go straight to the studio and record.

"She would still give everything - even on the demo take! She's really impressive."

Madeon explained that collaborating with the star has affected the way he now works on his own debut album, which is due out later this year.

"I learnt a lot because I don't really work with vocalists in real life that often," he said. "For my previous collaborations I'd never met them while doing the song.

"It was really interesting for me to feel the vibe of working together, sitting at the piano and collaborating on ideas right away.

"I think it's great that my first real experience of that was with Lady GaGa! I did a session with Beth Ditto before, so they were the only two I'd worked with."

ATRL

SHE IS COMING

ibdsVE4d2kvnz7.gif

Christopher

Can gaga survive without her Halloween costumes everyone is over the shockingness angle she pulled. Her music alone without gimmicks is gonna have to sell this album.

Or sell it...for 99 cents

Also is she feuding with redone still? Squish the drama and make the hits.

cory64

Hot 100:
1. Harlem Shake
2. Thrift Shop
3. When I Was Your Man
4. Suit & Tie
5. Stay
6. Started From The Bottom
7. I Knew You Were Trouble
8. Scream & Shout
9. Just Give Me A Reason
10. Love Me

ANYWAY.

After our heated debate I started looking at GIF making methods.

I think I realise what the problem is - using AviDemux as a frame capturer.

Looks like Avidemux is capturing the frames as 16-235 but VirtualDub is capturing at the full 0-255 colour range.

Artemisia

Banned
So I heard Keyshia Cole is salty as hell about Beyonce song. Sit your ass down.

I wanna say she has a point, but that beyonce track wasn't even serious.

now the beyhive is on her ass and she's set to be the next keri hilson.

Hot 100:
1. Harlem Shake
2. Thrift Shop
3. When I Was Your Man
4. Suit & Tie
5. Stay
6. Started From The Bottom
7. I Knew You Were Trouble
8. Scream & Shout
9. Just Give Me A Reason
10. Love Me

Looks like Avidemux is capturing the frames as 16-235 but VirtualDub is capturing at the full 0-255 colour range.

smh why is harlem shake still number 1?

That fad has been done for weeks.

Trigger

So I heard Keyshia Cole is salty as hell about Beyonce song. Sit your ass down.

Royalan has been influencing the R&B community apparently. I don't think many people take it too seriously.

Can gaga survive without her Halloween costumes? Everyone is over the shock angle she has pulled. Her music alone without gimmicks is gonna have to sell this album.

Or sell it...for 99 cents

Also is she feuding with RedOne still? Squish the drama and make the hits.

nnnn @ the bolded

She was never feuding with RedOne. Last I checked she just hadn't made time to work with him.

Can't believe that I am rooting for Harlem Shake and Thrift Shop to hold on for another couple weeks to ensure that S&T doesn't hit number one on the hot 100.

I feel dirty.

botty

Banned
New Big Brother Canada tonight, guys.

ikhXoDOpUG76e.gif

Can't believe that I am rooting for Harlem Shake and Thrift Shop to hold on for another couple weeks to ensure that S&T doesn't hit number one on the hot 100.

I feel dirty.

Suit & Tie isn't nearly as disgusting as HS and TS.

cory64

I feel dirty.
Stay is the only song that's in the position to go #1 that I would want to right now and I'm not even saying that because of my stanning.

cory64

Harlem Shake = 75,336 points
Thrift Shop = 59,344 points
If I Was Your Man = 44,500 points
Suit & Tie = 40,261 points
Stay = 35,356 points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom