• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
But don't make vile cunt troll submission like Artemisia. We must keep the tumblr at least PG13.

ioHDdyxTNLsZt.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
I'm ready for the noms presentation.

iAFP8LmaefQzv.gif

oh, I thought it was more of a news blog and to promote popGaf stuff (lists, awards, etc)

let me unfollow, I do enough shitting elsewhere

Ch. That is exactly the point of it.

A little trolling and shade-throwing here and there never hurt no one
iQ0Qk7Z8y9cx3.gif

Nemesis_

iKpPAGVQRwbKS.png

Welcome to the first ever PopGAF Community Awards. The awards were first established in 2012 in a bid to recognize and reward only the best (and conversely, the most ratchet) in the PopGAF community.

This is the nominations ceremony, and as such it will not be treated with as much formality as the ceremony itself when that comes in the next week or so. As such, our esteemed host was unavailable due to scheduling conflicts, but will be returning for the ceremony itself.

So, without further adieu, please welcome the next best thing we could book, Ms. Carmen Electra:

iNbxjwpz9TcCN.gif

i6x9UkKDBO89M.gif
iF1edd0DhgBLY.gif

Ms. Electra is actually unable to read, so she will instead be dancing for the remainder of the ceremony and I will be reading out the nominees. Please note that these have been counted twice to verify their accuracy.

Before we begin, it's important to note that every award was aiming to have four nominees per bracket. However, in the event that there was a draw, the two drawing items were also included which is why some may read five instead of four.

Methods on how to vote will be uploaded and posted within the next 24 hours

(1) The Blessed Award for Best Stanbase
Awarded to the stan base who consistently proves themselves to be entertaining, no matter the context

The Monsters (Lady Gaga)
The #NAVY (Rihanna)
The BeyHive (Beyonce)
The Fighters (Christina Aguilera)​

(2) The Ratchet Award for Worst Stanbase
Awarded to the most obnoxious and delusional stan base.

The Madonnsters (Madonna)
The Fighters (Christina Aguilera)
One Directioners (One Direction)
The #NAVY (Rihanna)​

(3) The Cuntist Award for Greatest Minus Collection
Awarded to the user who maintains and keeps the most flawfree animated GIFs in their Minus

(4) The New York Award for Best Use of Animated GIFs
Awarded to the user that uses the highest quality GIFs in the most perfect of contexts. Does not have to be a Minus owner.

Nemesis
Koodo
Marius
Trigger​

(5) The Tumblr Award for Worst Use of Animated GIFs
Awarded to the user that uses the most ghetto, ratchet-ass GIFs of Tumblr like quality in the worst contexts. Does not have to be a Minus owner.

Pupi18
Bladenic
<+)O Robido O(+>
Wafflecakes​

(6) The Lady Gaga Momentum Award for Best Newcomer
Awarded to the member who has joined POPGAF in the past year, and has quickly cemented their status as an icon within the community.

Artemisia
Fey
moulels
Aguila​

(7) The ARTPOP Award for Greatest Creation
Their ARTPOP could mean anything - awarded to the greatest creation by a member for the greater good of the community. Includes but not limited to: GIFs, Films, Events, Projects, Lists., Scripts, Websites

PopGAF 2012 Grammys
PopGAF: The Film
PopGAF Olympics
PopGAF User Script​

(8) The XFactor Audition Award for Greatest Moment
Awarded to the most iconic trend and moment within PopGAF

New Page, New News
Pokemon Sprite PopGAF
#UNAPOLOGENECIDE (Mass Bannings for Pirating Unapologetic)
CammieGAF
Political Scientist Poet Googoosha​

(9) The WorldStarHipHop Award for Greatest Dragging
Awarded to the most vicious and shady dragging of either an artist or a user on PopGAF. (Links for each of these will be added before the ballots open)

Koodo vs. Xtincta
Kyon vs. Alicia Keys
Koodo vs. Taylor Swift
Phonomezer vs. Icicle - Historical Wars​

(10) The Founding Fathers Award for Greatest OT
We've been through five already - nominate the most iconic and well put together OTs that PopGAF as seen. (Links for each of these will be added before the ballots open)

PopGAF OT3 (Aguila)
PopGAF OT4 (Aguila)
PopGAF OT5 (Royalan)​

(11) The Bee Stung Lips Award for Nicest Member
Awarded to the member who has participated in the least draggings, and is friendly to almost all of her PopGAF brethren

Aguila
LastInLine
Trigger
Botty​

(12) The Born Brave Bus Award for Angriest Member
Awarded to the member who has participated in the most draggings, thrown the most tantrums or makes an effort to drag everyone she sees.

Nemesis_
Marius
DMeisterJ
Icicle​

(13) The Pre-Confessions Madonna Award for Most Iconic Avatar
Awarded to the most flawlessly constructed and/or recognizable avatar

OItwtdh.png
rdZmFW9.png
kCqdeSL.png
CoMT4Oo.png
hpXVQgg.jpg
VVkQVEm.png

(14) The Titanic (
OGq50.gif
) Award for Sinking Ship

Awarded to the "situation" that compelled the most people to change allegiances or switch sides AWAY from something

Azealia Banks and her Twitter Feuds
Christina Aguilera and the Your Body release
Beyonce's Lack of Promo for Album 5
KE$HA & The Warrior Era​

(15) The Justin Timberlake Award for Biggest Bandwagon
Awarded to the "situation" that compelled the most people to change allegiances or switch sides TOWARDS something else

Rihanna and her Chart Performance
M.I.A. and her Matangi Mixtape
Rihanna following Unapologetic
Taylor Swift following RED​

(16) The Pop Trinity Inspired Award for Impact and Iconography
Awarded to the member who has the most largest influence and impact on PopGAF.

Nemesis
Marius
Koodo
Royalan​

(18) The PopGAF Staple Award for Most Iconic GIF
Awarded to the animated GIF that is most versatile, and has had the most use in PopGAF.

mt1bUI4.gif
F1VpPzR.gif
dt8GuTJ.gif
oiuunTn.gif
cmkzpup.gif
hgFbQK4.gif
HOLYsQU.gif
24TgFQm.gif

That concludes today's nominations ceremony. As the nominees have been announced, we will be announcing voting methods sooN

Thank you and good night......for now.

Servbot24

Banned
Wait

Are these noms meaning to tell me that people gravitated towards Rih because of Unapologetic?

Confused.gif

Even Red was a big step down for Taylor. PopGAF be backwards.

Oh shit, and Ke$ha's Warrior era is a sinking ship nom?? Do you guys have an extreme aversion to brilliance or something?

:S

Icicle

2 noms with less than 700 posts made on GAF and after retiring from Pop-GAF.

My impacT.

lots of luv 2 all my fans who voted 4 me.

iPSAAZSnmcHyt.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
actually, I am voting for you *.*

aw, well thanks xoxo

Let me just say tho

PopGAF as a whole has survived so many attacks for our way of posting, but we have stood up for what we believe in: good music tbh. We have gained more awesome members and sometimes I really think we have mentally matured as a group.

imHHN4t9Fzkjw.gif

I think we are all amazing members, and if there was like a site-wide NeoGAF Awards we would totally snatch Best Community. Okay, maybe not because most gaffers are annoyed by us, but we deserve it.

I hope we last until forever. Music is awesome. Omg ican't

izkX6vQKckOwr.gif

Icicle

Also, Nem, can we consolidate the 4 New York gifs into one nomination? It seems a bit redundant to have 4 up there when we could have a couple entirely different ones, not to mention it increases the chances of New York getting SNUBBED because of vote splitting.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Also, Nem, can we consolidate the 4 New York gifs into one nomination? It seems a bit redundant to have 4 up there when we could have a couple entirely different ones, not to mention it increases the chances of New York getting SNUBBED because of vote splitting.

Then he'd have to group the other ones too.

For instance, there are multiple "Xtina yelling" and "Oprah crying" gifs. Those will probably come up if he consolidates the NY gifs and adds other nominated gifs.

Nemesis_

No, there were twenty New York GIFs nominated and only four made the final cut.

About twelve Oprah GIFs and about five Xtina GIFs.

They are staying as are.

Nemesis_

Satch has picked up that I forgot to put four people in both GIF categories. TBH I am surprised none of you even noticed thiS. I wrote the post up at 4am so that's my excuSe

It has been appended. The form for voting is being built noW.

royalan

So, as I was updating the OT I noticed that the good sistren Bladenic has been unbanned.

Why has he been absent from the thread?

Nemesis_

VISUAL AIDES for THE COMMUNITY AWARDS:

(9) The WorldStarHipHop Award for Greatest Dragging
Awarded to the most vicious and shady dragging of either an artist or a user on PopGAF. (Links for each of these will be added before the ballots open)

Koodo vs. Xtincta (Ongoing)
Koodo vs. Taylor Swift (Ongoing)

Kyon vs. Alicia Keys
Located in OT4: Post #1
Phonomezer vs. Icicle - Historical Wars
Located in OT1: Post #1 | Post #2 | Post #3 | Post #4

(13) The Pre-Confessions Madonna Award for Most Iconic Avatar
Awarded to the most flawlessly constructed and/or recognizable avatar

OItwtdh.png
rdZmFW9.png
kCqdeSL.png
CoMT4Oo.png
hpXVQgg.jpg
VVkQVEm.png

(18) The PopGAF Staple Award for Most Iconic GIF
Awarded to the animated GIF that is most versatile, and has had the most use in PopGAF.

mt1bUI4.gif
F1VpPzR.gif
dt8GuTJ.gif
oiuunTn.gif
cmkzpup.gif
hgFbQK4.gif
HOLYsQU.gif
24TgFQm.gif

Nemesis_

That will make more sense later guys, I swear. >_>

Botty's master-piece for Blue Ocean Floor has made me see the song in a new light.

I now find it tolerable.

Me too. Who would've thought making a song a BEARABLE LENGTH that it would be somewhat palatable. What's with the video though >_>

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Me too. Who would've thought making a song a BEARABLE LENGTH that it would be somewhat palatable. What's with the video though >_>

The manta ray bit at the end had me roaring with laughter, so out of the blue.

Flawless work as per nem. If Mia.jpg doesnt win the award i shall be livid

PowderedToast

had 4 on rotation recently. the likes of BTW have lost a bit of their magic for me over time whereas this never has. its got a longevity that most albums don't. just extremely well crafted and wholesome mmm its like a nice sunday roast ^-^

if this is the one thing i can take from beyonce after it's all over i will be happy. a full cohesive work that will stand the test of TIME after all those conveyor belt rih records are FORGOTTEN and collecting DUST in bargain bins

Mumei

(8) The XFactor Audition Award for Greatest Moment
Awarded to the most iconic trend and moment within PopGAF

New Page, New News
Pokemon Sprite PopGAF
#UNAPOLOGENECIDE (Mass Bannings for Pirating Unapologetic)
CammieGAF
Political Scientist Poet Googoosha​

I'm just going to go ahead and pretend that this misspelling of genocide is a tribute to the #Navy.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm just going to go ahead and pretend that this misspelling of genocide is a tribute to the #Navy.

Kiiii! The shade writes itself.

Also, I google gif searched popgaf and this appeared

777109809_882920.gif

I do hope that no one here would use such a vulgar site.

Nemesis_

In my business, I forgot to post my feelings about Xtina and Rih. Let me continue
to be paid dust

OKYUsjr.jpg

Fighter from Stripped

One of my all time favourites from Christina, although maybe it's because the video gives me very heavy Silent Hill teas (Floria is a director I'd like to see working with Gaga, fwiw). I like the very rock approach it takes to the song - it's something that was a little bit different about the other tracks on Stripped. Her vocals in particular really stand out and differentiate her enough from the other girls in the game. I'm just a sucker for anthemic tracks, I guess. This is how you do a confidence song right.

===================================

Whos-that-chick-single.jpg

Who's That Chick from One More Love

I know this isn't exactly a Rihanna song per se, but it's a feature that nobody seems to talk about (potentially for good reason) but I love the way Rih's voice makes it. I guess it got buried under the mess when it apparently appeared on two albums at once as well as an advertising campaign. Guetta's production is great here, but Rih's unique voice and accent really help to bring the song to life. It's just a constant bop - and it's not that generic either (well, for the time at least). Just a good, fun infectious dance track. Something Rih is known for.

The clip is cool too. So colourful - you can see her transitioning from her dark and gritty Rated R look to this in the clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom