• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
Ariana PUNCHED that #1.

#icant at this random slayage
Ariana does what Xtincan't.

iVQUWxpfqYuH9.gif

Trigger

Are Nick girls normally this successful?

as the only known 80s stan on popgaf, i stumbled on some erasure remixes that are so revelatory that right is now left and left is right the rules have completely changed having become victim of such slayage

------ i am floating through a sonically orgasmic heaven comprised of my greatest dreams and desires of my childhood past and a future that has yet to exist

i see the face of our existence, and it stares back. i am humbled

~fin

ikSS4xa6ziTqH.gif

This reads like true poetry.

royalan

First Tamar Braxton, now Ariana Grande?

No tea no shade...but HOW are these no-names clocking number 1s with "Hew?" singles that won't even get radio play but somehow SHOOT UP the iTunes chart?

I'm not trying to be shady, honest. HOW does that happen?

Servbot24

Banned

No tea no shade...but HOW are these no-names clocking number 1s with "Hew?" singles that won't even get radio play but somehow SHOOT UP the iTunes chart?

Maybe the fanbase plots to all buy the single at the same time?

Other than that, no idea.

Artemisia

Banned

Most of these girls amass their crazed dedicated stans from endeavors not related to music (mostly TV). Their name would also be known to the general public before they even decide to do music.

DMeisterJ

Banned

Tamar is actually punching on radio currently. She's #1 on Urban AC, and #9 on Urban.

But yeah, the dedicated stanbases get them to clock a quick #1.

bort

Ariana won the war vs. Victoria Justice

Wzn7FMC.gif

i know the gif is terrible but aint nobody got time to find a good one

PERCHT for tonight's exciting premiere of the BEST SEASON™ OF THE VOICE.

voicepromo1fjz79.gif

Tune in at 8:00 PM ET on NBC.

I can't stand the commercial where the producers pretend that Shakira calling the other judges deaf after 3 seasons was somehow clever or funny. They play it up like it was the best zinger ever.

Every time I see the commercial I like Shakira less. Hopefully they change it up soon.

Not watching either way. I hate The Voice's rigged auditions.... I will check it out later in the season

Nemesis_

I know I'm late to the party but buT Dave Grohl is so pressed. I like him but why would he bother coming for the queen of vocalists. A mess.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Whos that blake guy?

Edit: Has anyone else's popgaf script stopped working?

PowderedToast

i found the entrance to heaven, please click here if you would like to join me

disclaimer: it's a time portal, so bring your leg warmers xx

(at 1:20 my wings begin to grow, at 3:20 i start to ascend)

Nemesis_

Whos that blake guy?

Edit: Has anyone else's popgaf script stopped working?

Mine is fine. Usually if something fucks up I just turn it off, uninstall it, and re-instal it.

The final ballot form is going to be posted within the next ten minutes as well. Then you won't see me for a long time while I bathe in Ken Levine's semen but you can all vote *.*

royalan

The only problem with The Voice is that they let the battle rounds run WAY TOO LONG.

Other than that, I don't see how it isn't a better show than X Factor or even this season's Idol (which is boring me to TEARS) at this point.

I also think the show will be missing something special without the #MESSY component Xtina and CeeLo brought to the panel.

The only problem with The Voice is that they let the battle rounds run WAY TOO LONG.

Other than that, I don't see how it isn't a better show than X Factor or even this season's Idol (which is boring me to TEARS) at this point.

I also think the show will be missing something special without the #MESSY component Xtina and CeeLo brought to the panel.

The contestants may be more interesting, but The Voice's format itself is by far the worst on the market. Nothing about the format is appealing or interesting, and all of it works against the show ever producing even a moderate hitmaker.

X Factor flopped yet I can still look at a few acts and say "maybe they will make it". Cassaddee Pope is the only Voice contestant that came close to that, but she was hardly new to the industry and had a previous fanbase.

Trigger

The Voice's most notable judges are Adam and Blake. Xtina won't be missed that much.

Then you won't see me for a long time while I bathe in Ken Levine's semen *.*

I'm going to have to wait a whole month before I can play Bioshock. Lordt

Stupid school *grumble* *grumble*

The Voice's most notable judges are Adam and Blake. Xtina won't be missed that much.

Eh. I think Blake's impact is overrated. I follow country casually and I never really considered him to be a very significant country artist before the show.

Album sales update 2:

5kBA1Kn.png

American Idol is downright terrible this season. I blame Sticki Minaj. I'll watch The Voice for Usher *.*

EDIT: Not JT easily clocking even our highest predictions!

Nemesis_

iKpPAGVQRwbKS.png

Welcome back to the PopGAF Community Awards. As out actual host is still busy recording a solo album and working on her reality television career, Ms Electra is still dancing:

iNbxjwpz9TcCN.gif

i6x9UkKDBO89M.gif
iF1edd0DhgBLY.gif

Please see below the ballot paper for entering your final votes.

The ballot paper is structured in a bit of a lengthy manner, but this way I can calculate the results faster so I appreciate your patience :)

That being said, it could take a little bit of time to do so don't try to finish it in a rush.

I don't know when voting will close, but I am thinking roughly a week. Given that there isn't any thinking needed to vote (all the choices are laid out for you) I assume that the rate of responses will be faster.

And yes, you can vote for yourself if you wish.

------> Click here to register your final ballot <------

royalan

The contestants may be more interesting, but The Voice's format itself is by far the worst on the market. Nothing about the format is appealing or interesting, and all of it works against the show ever producing even a moderate hitmaker.

I disagree, and actually it was this boring season of idol that proved it to me.

Idol's format (focusing on contestants who fit into the mold of a preexisting act that appeals to the heartland) and focusing on young contestants has led to this season having the blandest batch of contestants in years DESPITE having NICKI MINAJ and Mariah Carey on the panel.

The Voice, on the other hand, ENCOURAGES competition between the judges which ensures that they pick DIVERSE contestants to stay in the game. And the fact that judges maintain power over who stays and who goes until very late in the competition ensures that diverse acts who are proving themselves have a chance to stay in the competition longer. It also prevents the dreaded tween girl power text voters from having ANY swaying power.

The Voice ENCOURAGES diversity. As such it's the only show where you can be openly transsexual, openly gay, openly HIV positive, openly obese, an old white man with the voice of Barry White or a Justin Bieber knock-off and not ONLY make it onto the show, but actually make it FAR if you've got the talent.

Idol TRIED this season, but all the diverse contestants seemed like novelties and were treated like affirmative action recipients, and pretty much ALL were cut by the time the live shows began, as if the produces were saying "Ok, we've had our fun, now lets get back to a ratings-sinking blandness."

has anyone played weegee's mansion 2? is it REALLY as good as they say

Mumei will scalp us if we get into it too much here. However, I have it and have played it a few hours and have really enjoyed. Better than I had anticipated. (My p/t job while I am at at college is at Target and we sold all 20 of our copies pretty quickly. Will be interesting how it fares.)

DMeisterJ

Banned
Your response has been recorded.
SHINE BRIGHT BITCH

This has been an arduous process for me, though I like to give back to the community. Having poured several hours into these awards thus far, I hope you enjoyed them.

Thank you :)

Nem.

--

No, thank you nem *.*

I disagree, and actually it was this boring season of idol that proved it to me.

Idol's format (focusing on contestants who fit into the mold of a preexisting act that appeals to the heartland) and focusing on young contestants has led to this season having the blandest batch of contestants in years DESPITE having NICKI MINAJ and Mariah Carey on the panel.

The Voice, on the other hand, ENCOURAGES competition between the judges which ensures that they pick DIVERSE contestants to stay in the game. And the fact that judges maintain power over who stays and who goes until very late in the competition ensures that diverse acts who are proving themselves have a chance to stay in the competition longer. It also prevents the dreaded tween girl power text voters from having ANY swaying power.

The Voice ENCOURAGES diversity. As such it's the only show where you can be openly transsexual, openly gay, openly HIV positive, openly obese, an old white man with the voice of Barry White or a Justin Bieber knock-off and not ONLY make it onto the show, but actually make it FAR if you've got the talent.

Idol TRIED this season, but all the diverse contestants seemed like novelties and were treated like affirmative action recipients, and pretty much ALL were cut by the time the live shows began, as if the produces were saying "Ok, we've had our fun, now lets get back to a ratings-sinking blandness."

The proof is in the receipts.

The Voice would kill for the success of the FLOPPIEST Idol winner.

I agree that this season is a bit dull thus far for Idol, but I still see a couple contestants who could have careers. At the end of the day for most people it is about the music (during AND after the show) and when you take that into account The Void loses.

Nemesis_

Could the lurker named "Famke_Goddsen" please come forward and identify themselves >_>

Oh and thank you for the thank yous, everyone! *O* I am hoping the ceremony will be truly something else.

I am more appreciative of Mari for doing the olympics all by himself. This is not as easy (well, quick) as I thought it would be. :p

IDK why Roy keeps paying dust though

royalan

The proof is in the receipts.

The Voice would kill for the success of the FLOPPIEST Idol winner.

I agree that this season is a bit dull thus far for Idol, but I still see a couple contestants who could have careers. At the end of the day for most people it is about the music (during AND after the show) and when you take that into account The Void loses.

Yeah, the Voice does need to prove itself with a winner that actually goes on to have a career (I'm still betting that it'll happen with last season's winner). But I'm glad that the The Voice's producers remember what Idol's seem to have long forgotten: at the end of the day, you need to be an exciting television show FIRST.

Yeah, the Voice does need to prove itself with a winner that actually goes on to have a career (I'm still betting that it'll happen with last season's winner). But I'm glad that the The Voice's producers remember what Idol's seem to have long forgotten: at the end of the day, you need to be an exciting television show FIRST.

Meh. I would have agreed about Miss Pope if it wasn't for the back to back seasons. They will have a new fucking winner before she gets her debut album out.

I don't think it's quality entertainment either way. It is the equivalent of handing out a record deal at the end of an episode of Wipe-Out. They value entertainment over legitimacy.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Could the lurker named "Famke_Goddsen" please come forward and identify themselves >_>

I googled, it doesnt exist

I am more appreciative of Mari for doing the olympics all by himself. This is not as easy (well, quick) as I thought it would be. :p

IDK why Roy keeps paying dust though

dont remind me of that mess, but I made yall wait 2 months for the results so w/e
I'm taking notes of this google docs format

liselisaosefg5btv.gif

Nemesis_

I am so pressedT that this didn't get a look in for most iconic GIF, though I suppose it's nowhere near as widespread as those nominated

ihNJF7zImlgh3.gif

has anyone played weegee's mansion 2? is it REALLY as good as they say

I think it's fantastic though I only got about halfway through it until I had to return it to my boss (who decided he wanted to review it instead).

Though it's not for everyone, I believe Satch wasn't enjoying it last time I checked. But everyone else is really into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom