• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Marius is going through his Nemesis era.

Ha impacT.

8f70c6ea.gif

ibdB8xQbkewx14.gif

Gift card will be in your mailbox as soon as numbers are finalized for Billboard on Wed/Thur.
<3 You're awesome.

Going OT here, but I just wanted to gush about True Blood. I started watching the first two discs of Season 1 recently, and it's so good. Which reminds me, I'm still pressed that Kelly didn't go for the vampire video treatment for "Dark Side". It would have been cooler than the video we got for it. My fave, I love ha, but some of ha videos... meh. Nothing she can do could make me unstan ha, though. She's just that amazing.

Oh, and Bladenic is back? Start posting again sis, I miss you.

Styles

I'm happy for Ariallah Grandmistress. Showing it's possible to clock ha that #1 without gimmicks, dubstep, a public feud, or a campaign based on stringing along your hungry fanbase with shitty teasers.

Doesn't hurt that the song gives me early-00s Crystal Kay REALNESS either <3

Can she hit those whistle notes live tho

When will The Horse?

ibsHSgnTpCARiC.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I know they're not really pop, but this new fall out boy track is taking me back and making me jam.

I honestly see music rolling back a few years to when r&b and pop-rock were reigning supreme

DMeisterJ

Banned
ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif
ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif
ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif

I love the way (you make me feel)
I love the way (I love it)
Baby, I love the way (you make me feel)
I love the way (I love it)
The way you love me

ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif
ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif
ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif

Ariana is slaying me rn

PowderedToast

Ok. Random, but I will ask it anyways.

Anyone like Little Mix from the UK? I am not really into girl groups, but their song Wings is really catchy and fun. Not to mention that they all have some serious vocal chops. I only started listening to their music this week, and while it is hit or miss, I am enjoying it more than expected.

I wouldn't mind them smashing if 5th Harmony fails to catch on in the states.

i'm from the uk so i caught the series when they won x factor, they seem like nice enough girls and wings is a monster track. tbh if 1D can make it in the states i don't see why they can't, they just need a bit of luck

DMeisterJ

Banned
The ongoing “American Idol” ratings struggle–at least thus far–did not carry over to “The Voice.”

NBC’s young-skewing reality juggernaut returned with an impressive 8.7 overnight metered market rating Monday. Likely to translate into a very impressive adults 18-49 number (those ratings will be released just before noon), the show’s strong household estimate actually marks an increase from the third cycle premiere in September 2012.

nXafn92.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
For those that have shown an interest in Little Mix recently, Nick Grimshaw will be debuting a new song from them tomorrow morning, that apparently feautres Missy Elliott.

And I have faith that Azealia Banks will pull through, at least in one timezone.

royalan

Numbers are iN

Shakira's impacT

On one hand, I think Xtina and CeeLo were better judges than Usher and Shakira (though they did pretty darn good). So part of me wanted to see the ratings drop a bit without them.

On the other hand, The Voice is just such a better and more entertaining show even without my fave on it. And, as per, the overall talent level is just several leagues higher than X Factor or anything Idol's mustered the last few years. Last night was a great premier, with great performances back to back and the judges having fun. So I'm glad the ratings jumped. The show deserves it. Idol and X-Floptor don't. No more excuses.

Majmun

No Azelia, no Gaga, no Beyoncé...

I can't believe Justin Timberlake rose from the dead and slayed with his album before those procrastinating cunts managed to release anything new.

JT really did a phenomenal job with his comeback. Announced his album and released it basically right away. Now he's clocking everbody with his strategy.

royalan

Reminds me

WAFFLE. Come HERE.

YOU said in the Idol thread that if Idol's ratings dropped below The Voice's ratings at any point, you would wear an Xtina avatar.

Welp.

I'll make it for you. Any preference of era? *.*

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I'm catching up on The Voice now. Yes, Cee Lo and Christina were better judges than Shakira and Usher...but not at first. It was something that developed. We've only seen one episode with the new judges so far. They'll get better.

I'm loving Shakira though. Holy shit. Her eye roll at Blake's sexist pretty girl joke. Striking down Adam's Adele comparison when the girl sang "Can't Help Falling In Love" -- which he tried to then backtrack. I can't wait for her to get even more comfortable and open up even more. I think she's going to be great.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Reminds me

WAFFLE. Come HERE.

YOU said in the Idol thread that if Idol's ratings dropped below The Voice's ratings at any point, you would wear an Xtina avatar.

Welp.

Stripped era do it!

Reminds me

WAFFLE. Come HERE.

Welp.

Wait. I thought I was already wearing an Xtina Avatar....

:eli:

Sorry sis I VERY specifically & intentionally said "equivalent Idol episodes".

So you would be comparing the Idol debut episode to The Voice debut episode. Idol's first audition episode had a 6.0 18-49 and 18 million viewers. However, if Idol continues to slide I see the possibility of The Voice beating it later in the season. We will see.

You tried though.

royalan

Wait. I thought I was already wearing an Xtina Avatar....

:eli:

Sorry sis I VERY specifically & intentionally said "equivalent Idol episodes".

So you would be comparing the Idol debut episode to The Voice debut episode. Idol's first audition episode had a 6.0 18-49 and 18 million viewers. However, if Idol continues to slide I see the possibility of The Voice beating it later in the season. We will see.

You tried though.

...boo

Anyway, you should still pick an era, because the way these ratings are looking you're only delaying the inevitable. *.*

Matt_

Beyonce announces Twickenham Stadium charity concert

Beyonce will perform live at Twickenham Stadium in London for a concert which aims to raise money for the women's charity Chime For Change.

The all-star line-up will see Beyonce headline a bill on June 1, which also includes Florence + The Machine, Haim, Ellie Goulding, Rita Ora, Timbaland, John Legend, Iggy Azalea and Laura Pausini. Tickets are available now and start at £55 each. For more information head to Chimeforchange.org.

The charity promotoes education, health and justice for woman worldwide
Such a generous King

Timbaland though?

Matt_

A charity for women? She's so classy.

I hope she performs Bow Down *.*

I can see it now, "Beyonce tells 80 thousand supporters of Women equality to 'Bow Down Bitches'"

But i hope she does too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom