• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
nXafn92.gif
Damn, Xtincta better watch out. If this keeps up, the producers might just show ha high-maintenance ass the door.

Happy to see that the genre isn't dead. Please fire everyone in charge of Idol and X-Factor and let's can the theme weeks, kthxbye

I suppose Shakira and Usher are able to do what Britney couldn't.

WKKIz.gif

Eh. I doubt the judges change had much to do it. It was a small increase anyways.

I was bored so looked back at some of the ratings for previous Idol seasons and remember when Idol season 6 debuted with 38 million viewers and 15.8 (18-49)? The impacT.

Makes me wonder whether ANY regularly scheduled show will pull those types of numbers ever again.

botty

Banned
Eh. I doubt the judges change had much to do it. It was a small increase anyways.

I was bored so looked back at some of the ratings for previous Idol seasons and remember when Idol season 6 debuted with 38 million viewers and 15.8 (18-49)? The impacT.

Makes me wonder whether ANY regularly scheduled show will pull those types of numbers ever again.

It should also be noted that The Voice was able to put a hurt on some other shows in its time slot.

Azealia's stans are melting down over her song not being released on iTunes today. I live.

I think the fact that she deleted every tweet that mentioned the release date is really shady. No wonder her stans are coming for her throat.

It should also be noted that The Voice was able to put a hurt on some other shows in its time slot.

....but will it ever be nicknamed the "Deathstar"?

Idol's flopping has more impact than The Voice.

It probably helps the voice significantly that NBC is such a flop network and that it's advertising is virtually worthless allowing them to spam their own commercials for the show ALL DAMN DAY without losing out on significant ad revenue.

Idol still is getting 30% more viewers anyways AND is the better show. It remains unbothered.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I think the fact that she deleted every tweet that mentioned the release date is really shady. No wonder her stans are coming for her throat.

Please tell me this isn't true
jX0wtZsaYxXEb.png

At least the video shoot is still going ahead right?
BGTVWYjCYAQzMZS.jpg:small
BGTXqGhCcAQmVfm.jpg:med

botty

Banned
....but will it ever be nicknamed the "Deathstar"?

Idol's flopping has more impact than The Voice.

It probably helps the voice significantly that NBC is such a flop network and that it's advertising is virtually worthless allowing them to spam their own commercials for the show ALL DAMN DAY without losing out on significant ad revenue.

Idol still is getting 30% more viewers anyways AND is the better show. It remains unbothered.

Well, Idol will always be the juggernaut.

She's deleting the tweets?! Azealia gurl.... sorry Aguila sis.

Mhm. I mean, I don't even know why she did that when there is video footage of her saying the release date.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Azealia's stans are melting down over her song not being released on iTunes today. I live.

The one day people actually want the bitch to be on twitter she is no where to be found. No puedo con estas pendejadas. Crawl out of your weave and get on your computer. I require explanations.

ixDC9qPGbFyVB.gif

She's deleting the tweets?! Azealia gurl.... sorry Aguila sis.

I checked. I still see tweets with the date.

If the percentage remains constant, it will come in at over 1.1million, which is actually up from where it was a while ago.

You can't really compare the percentages directly with HDD. I have seen the last 30% come in and only add 5% to the sales totals.

On the other hand I have seem the last 30% come in and add 50% to the totals as well.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
You can't really compare the percentages directly with HDD. I have seen the last 30% come in and only add 5% to the sales totals.

On the other hand I have seem the last 30% come in and add 50% to the totals as well.

Aah I only compared the last update to this one
Still the number is absurdly high, gives me hope that the album market still has a bit of life in it

royalan

See, y'all need to really stop not listening to me.

ibnvtRM0WhsV5M.gif

I told y'all before: you take the date Azealia tells you, and add a month to it. And if she talks about the song before amazing, plan on it being basic as fuck.

Yung Rapunxel sounds just like the rest of her shitty mumbling garbage. Don't know hew would even buy it on itunes. Can Azealia stans even buy itunes credits with foodstamps?

ihNJF7zImlgh3.gif

Final sales in. JT misses a million barely.

Predictions are a mess. Will put up results (will not be final until billboard confirms). I am guessing that MANY people will end up dropping their 20/20 prediction at the end of the contest since I am only counting 6/8.

RNPqfNo.png

royalan

In light of recent events. I've updated the OP:

Qp4N2bD.png
----------->
MH3R3ZQ.png

And Supermanisdead gets his overdue
;___;
Gold Star for his exceptional work pretending like Beyonce has 20 great songs educating us on Beyonce's timeless discography. *.*

kDZAk2Y.png

botty

Banned
Are you guys paying attention to the music trends lately? Currently on itunes there is only one dance track on the top 10 list. Seems like R&B/Rock are having a resurgence. Do you welcome this new trend? And how do you think it will effect Gaga's ARTPOP—which seems to me to be a dance album.
ikelV13KJ5OBo.gif

Here are the results from the first round (assuming numbers hold up).

0PuW7f4.png

I am sure we will do better next time!

For the next rounds I will make sure to cut it off around the time the first single hits FAR before HDD starts releasing projections since those who updated later almost all revised their numbers up giving them an advantage.

Not a huge deal though since your two worst predictions will get droppeD.

Are you guys paying attention to the music trends lately? Currently on itunes there is only one dance track on the top 10 list. Seems like R&B/Rock are having a resurgence. Do you welcome this new trend? And how do you think it will effect Gaga's ARTPOP—which seems to me to be a dance album.
ikelV13KJ5OBo.gif

I doubt it means good things for Gaga. We will see.

Not sure how I feel about a trend towards urban. While I am sick of EDM, I don't see the urban tracks that are doing well right now as being much better.

royalan

To be fair, I updated my numbers literally HOURS before HDD updated their numbers, right when I learned that Justin was going to be performing on Jimmy Fallon every night for a week straight. *.*

DMeisterJ

Banned
ikelV13KJ5OBo.gif

It's great. I love the lack of dance tracks in the top 10, and I'm glad my fave has an album full of songs that AREN'T dance-y.

Even though Jump does have the dance breakdown in it, it will shit when Rih releases it as a single, so I'm all for this trend.

Fey

Banned
Just in case I forget to later, I'm going to update my likely way off predictions for the other two. 550k for Bey and 750k for Gaga, plz.

Trigger

lastinline won the battle, but not the war! My next prediction will be just as flawless.

I'm here for it. R&B and rock bring a much needed change to radio's Top 40.

Partition

Banned
ikelV13KJ5OBo.gif

I wouldn't say RnB is having a resurgence yet, cuz that is kind of exaggerating (Miguel's Adorn should of done better then, its arguably the best RnB track released in the last few years)

If anything, the trend is moving towards indie-pop/rock music. Gotye, fun., the Lumineers, Ed Sheeran, etc.

I wouldn't say RnB is having a resurgence yet, cuz that is kind of exaggerating (Miguel's Adorn should of done better then, its arguably the best RnB track released in the last few years)

If anything, the trend is moving towards indie-pop/rock music. Gotye, fun., the Lumineers, Ed Sheeran, etc.

TBH I think that move was last year, and now we are backing off of it.

I honestly am not sure where music is headed at the moment. It LOOKS like an Urban resurgence simply because of the shit performance of everything from the genre over the last couple years.

botty

Banned

All of those people were big in 2012, and Adorn, along with the other R&B songs, were released last year in the summer. The trend I am acknowledging is occurring in 2013. I think it started with Rihanus, and gained momentum with Justink. I mean, Kelly Clarkson (and all the rest of the confederate states) didn't even know who Miguel was during the grammys, yet their pussys were popping hard for ha.

I might be wrong, I don't know. /shrug

DMeisterJ

Banned
No botty you're clocking the tea. The trend started with Rih and has spread. Look at all the dance songs that have came and gone in the fall last year. We haven't had a dance song at #1 for MONTHS at this point. They will clock some success, but ballads are back in vogue, as is R&B and dance is taking a backseat.

It's not coincidental that after "Diamonds" happened all the pop girls want Sia to write for them. They're all trying to clock that hit and the dance tracks aren't doing it anymore.

I was in a bootleg market on Sunday and they were playing Die Young, then Pound the Alarm, then Catching My Breath. I went behind the knockoff suits section and was quietly twerking.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
April 9th Showdown:

Selena Gomez - "Come And Get It"
Jonas Brothers - "Pom Poms"
Chris Brown - "Fine China"
Avril Lavigne - "Here's To Never Growing Up"

place your bets
2ed0be19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom