• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

NEW MUSIC

Ashanti has a new single out, called Never Should Have

https://soundcloud.com/ashantibraveheart/ashanti-never-should-have

What an apt title.
bhuHH.gif

It's not bad; very basic though and completely lacking any of the fun of her earlier work.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I'm now glad you are getting banned in a few hours

That's mean. Now I have to go to the Born Brave Bus.

ibyrIVLPnvu8yv.gif

Edit: omg, I just saw this Gaga stan doing the most on international tv. She was dancing to Born This Way in front of the white house in a pink leotard.

Icicle

That Ciara prayer was tew good, I ain't even mad. Why did the priest or whomever sound like an automated recording tho?

---------------------------

In otha news, I came across this short article about the possibility of Janet's comeback.

What do you gerls think (about the article)?

Evaluating the Chances of a Janet Jackson Comeback

I see no lies in what the author says, and I think he was pretty fair in his evaluation. I just hope the talk of another album is genuine, regardless of whatever success it may have. It's been 5 years since Discipline now.

Sold out shows at Madison Square Garden wouldn't be a look I would mind her revisiting tho...
ibrEtXYYgaC1jh.gif

Trigger

Aguila
Banned

iUez67WXvPcOf.gif

Azealia showing what happens when you put your faith in ha.

----------
RE Janet: I don't think it's impossible for her to make a comeback, but I do wonder if she has much of a audience waiting for her. No tea, no shade, but I'm not sure how much clout she has with most younger R&B and pop fans. I don't mind more music from her, but I like the idea of Janet riding off into the sunset and forever banging some hot, young billionaire. I don't know if I'd want her to endure the stress of touring and working anymore.

Icicle

RE Janet: I don't think it's impossible for her to make a comeback, but I do wonder if she has much of a audience waiting for her. No tea, no shade, but I'm not sure how much clout she has with most younger R&B and pop fans. I don't mind more music from her, but I like the idea of Janet riding off into the sunset and forever banging some hot, young billionaire. I don't know if I'd want her to endure the stress of touring and working anymore.

There's definitely a large 'awareness' or appreciation deficit for Janet among younger music fans, but I think that has a lot to do with her post-Superbowl blacklisting in addition to the short "attention span" that our current culture promotes.

From 2004 to 2009, Janet's music was almost entirely absent altogether from radio waves, and her music videos, which were something of a strong point for her, fared even worse. The time between the Superbowl and Michael's death in June 2009, when the public started to 'forgive' her, also came at an awkward when time when music videos were no longer relevant/watched on TV/TRL/etc. but hadn't quite taken off on Youtube yet (Vevo wasn't launched until well after Discipline).

At this point, three years after Michael died, if Janet releases a new album, I think it would squash any talk of her riding the coattails of her brother's success, or merely being "Michael's sister".

While I'm happy as long as Janet is doing whatever makes her happy, if she's going to do another album, I hope that it would bring Janet the respect she rightfully deserves after her huge career. It should be a criminal offense when people speak of musical legends like Michael Jackson, Madonna, Whitney Houston, etc. and Janet is not included among their ranks. I would hope that one (last?) great album to top off her incredible discography would help a great deal in pushing her toward "Legend" status for a lot more people.

--------
What's the tea on Aguila?

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I wonder if she could make a comeback... Hmm... That's a good question. And I say all of this with the utmost respect for her. I love her. Been a fan ever since I was little, and I've seen her live twice (All For You tour and Up Close & Personal tour).

The Super Bowl ruined her. All For You and its tour did extremely well, and then the Super Bowl fiasco went down. Justin apologized for the Super Bowl, Janet did not, and, as a result, Janet was quietly (or not so quietly, I suppose) blacklisted. Damita Jo came out right afterward, and it bombed comparatively. She got fat. She lost some of the weight. She prettied up a bit and got her shit together.

20 Y.O. was...okay. The duet with Nelly didn't go over nearly as well as it should have. "So Excited" was such a great song (especially the Junior Vasquez Dance Radio Remix, OMG), but that did even worse. There was another single then that didn't even really chart. Album performance overall was...meh.

Then came Discipline. Two years later. Her first CD with her boyfriend's Island Records/off of Virgin. First CD stepping away from Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. Lots of promo. A big deal was made about the video. The album ended up hitting #1 on Billboard, but "Feedback" didn't do much better than "Call On Me" from 20 Y.O. Her tour for the album was then also plagued with cancellations. In the end, she left Island after just over a year.

Her greatest hits album, released the following year, did well enough. And the tour that promoted it was awesome and well-received.

Pardon the history lesson, but it just goes to show that there is an audience that has stuck with her. It just isn't an audience large enough to sustain iconic superstardom like she once had. She is a household name even still, so I don't think finding an audience would be too hard. She just needs to actually put out some good work (see below).

Now for my opinion:

Discipline should have done better. She had Jermaine Dupri and all of Island Records behind her. The problem, IMO, was that she did not break any new ground with that album -- or at least any new ground that people wanted to hear. It was a lot of the same trashy "SEX SEX JIZZ ON MY TITS OH YA" pop that she'd been doing since Damita Jo, just this time with some new producers/different beats. She said at one point that her label wanted her to put out a more Sade-esque album, but that wasn't her style. Maybe she needs to find a happy medium though.

When she released "Make Me" in 2009, that was such a fucking tease. The song was great, reminiscent of her All For You era pop songs. The video was fantastic, a throwback in a lot of ways to some of her old videos. She looked stunning. She was dancing. It was fantastic.

And then nothing came after it except for "Nothing" from that Tyler Perry movie. It was so-so, but it didn't compare.

Her MTV VMA tribute to her brother where she performed Scream was also a giant tease. She was in top form. If you go back and watch that video, the looks on her peers' faces. Beyonce, Alicia Keys, Pink...those are who I remember anyway. Maybe more. She was phenomenal.

Janet could come back. She would need a lot of promo, and she would need to hit that promo hard. Discipline proved she could still do that though, as did all of her promo work for her book and the Up Close and Personal tour. She also needs a good fucking album. That's her biggest problem, which is baffling to me. She is one of the biggest names in music, not just in pop. I can't help but think she may be her own worst enemy there, but that's based on nothing but a hunch. Regardless, she needs good songs. Stellar songs.

If the CD was good enough, a great tour would surely follow, and she would be back on top in no time. I don't know if she wants that though, and I don't expect it any time soon.

Hmm...maybe I'll go through and review all of Janet's albums. That could be fun.

Artemisia

Banned
What's the tea on Aguila?

Azealia was supposed to release a track on iTunes today, and prior to its release, in a bold demonstration of confidence in Azealia, Aguila requested to be banned if the song didn't come out on it's planned release day.

And it wasn't released, so...

28alt1wdwu7p.gif

botty

Banned
While we're on the subject of The Jacksons, let me spill some news on the Princess.

Paris Jackson ‘Impressed Lawyers’ At Her Deposition For Dad Michael’s Wrongful Death Lawsuit

“Paris impressed all of the lawyers involved with her professionalism and demeanor during her deposition last week,” a source tells Radar. “Her older brother, Prince, had a rough time during his depo a week earlier, so allowances were made to make sure it didn’t happen again. That’s why Katherine’s lawyers demanded that Paris’ deposition take place at the courthouse so the judge could intervene if it appeared to be getting too tough for her. Luckily it didn’t come to that. Paris will have to sit for another day of questioning but she is okay with that – she is an extremely intelligent, compassionate and thoughtful young lady.”

If you have been living under a rock for the last couple of weeks, The Jackson children (and Granny Jackson) are suing AEG Live for 40 Billion dollars over the wrongful death of their dad.

Paris is not having it. And she is about to get paiD.

ifgJQjfIKh9vy.gif

Icicle

I wonder if she could make a comeback... Hmm... That's a good question. And I say all of this with the utmost respect for her. I love her. Been a fan ever since I was little, and I've seen her live twice (All For You tour and Up Close & Personal tour).

The Super Bowl ruined her. All For You and its tour did extremely well, and then the Super Bowl fiasco went down. Justin apologized for the Super Bowl, Janet did not, and, as a result, Janet was quietly (or not so quietly, I suppose) blacklisted. Sexist bullshit, but it happened. Damita Jo came out right afterward, and it bombed comparatively. She got fat. She lost some of the weight. She prettied up a bit and got her shit together.

20 Y.O. was...okay. The duet with Nelly didn't go over nearly as well as it should have. "So Excited" was such a great song (especially the Junior Vasquez Dance Radio Remix, OMG), but that did even worse. There was another single then that didn't even really chart. Album performance overall was...meh.

Then came Discipline. Two years later. Her first CD with her boyfriend's Island Records/off of Virgin. First CD stepping away from Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. Lots of promo. A big deal was made about the video. The album ended up hitting #1 on Billboard, but "Feedback" didn't do much better than "Call On Me" from 20 Y.O. Her tour for the album was then also plagued with cancellations. In the end, she left Island after just over a year.

Her greatest hits album, released the following year, did well enough. And the tour that promoted it was awesome and well-received.

Pardon the history lesson, but it just goes to show that there is an audience that has stuck with her. It just isn't an audience large enough to sustain iconic superstardom like she once had. She is a household name even still, so I don't think finding an audience would be too hard. She just needs to actually put out some good work (see below).

Now for my opinion:

Discipline should have done better. She had Jermaine Dupri and all of Island Records behind her. The problem, IMO, was that she did not break any new ground with that album -- or at least any new ground that people wanted to hear. It was a lot of the same trashy "SEX SEX JIZZ ON MY TITS OH YA" pop that she'd been doing since Damita Jo, just this time with some new producers/different beats. She said at one point that her label wanted her to put out a more Sade-esque album, but that wasn't her style. Maybe she needs to find a happy medium though.

When she released "Make Me" in 2009, that was such a fucking tease. The song was great, reminiscent of her All For You era pop songs. The video was fantastic, a throwback in a lot of ways to some of her old videos. She looked stunning. She was dancing. It was fantastic.

And then nothing came after it except for "Nothing" from that Tyler Perry movie. It was so-so, but it didn't compare.

Her MTV VMA tribute to her brother where she performed Scream was also a giant tease. She was in top form. If you go back and watch that video, the looks on her peers' faces. Beyonce, Alicia Keys, Pink...those are who I remember anyway. Maybe more. She was phenomenal.

Janet could come back. She would need a lot of promo, and she would need to hit that promo hard. Discipline proved she could still do that though, as did all of her promo work for her book and the Up Close and Personal tour. She also needs a good fucking album. That's her biggest problem, which is baffling to me. She is one of the biggest names in music, not just in pop. I can't help but think she may be her own worst enemy there, but that's based on nothing but a hunch. Regardless, she needs good songs. Stellar songs.

If the CD was good enough, a great tour would surely follow, and she would be back on top in no time. I don't know if she wants that though, and I don't expect it any time soon.

Didn't think we'd actually have intelligent Janet discourse... this is exciting!

Are you saying that Janet was ruined by the Superbowl /because/ she didn't apologize? If so, I disagree. I think it had everything to do with Janet being a black woman and Justin being a white man, but I digress...

20 Y.O. is by far my least favorite Janet album (and "So Excited" my least favorite single of hers) "Call On Me" is a great song/video though, and I wish it had been on a different album.

I'm not sure I'd agree with your assessment that Discipline received a lot of promotion. Perhaps it felt that way because she was un-blacklisted in certain places (They did promotion on MTV, for example, which had banned her since the Superbowl. Not sure the MTV generation was interested in Ms. Jackson in the first place, or music for that matter). I disagree with your remark about her failure to break new ground on "Discipline". It's actually a good to great album, and I feel like it was the album Bionic wanted to be. While Janet was not involved in any of the songwriting for Discipline (which maybe speaks to a career/creative fatigue), which was a first for her, the album does not suffer from her lack of input. I also find your "jizz on my tits" comment both unfair and untrue. Can't a woman express her sexuality through music? It feels like plenty of girls in the music industry get away with doing this and are praised for being "sexually empowered", but Janet is treated like some slut. I say the comment is untrue in this situation because the sexuality on Discipline is much lighter than most of her albums.

You're right that "Make Me" is a total bop, and I'm glad that people here use it. The "Scream" performance was great too, if only to show the young girls how it's done. She's also looking STUNNING these days, even healthier than she did during after her major weight loss(es) in the past 10 years. What concerns me about her future is how her recent marriage will affect any plans she may have. She was supposed to do a second leg of her Up Close and Personal: Number Ones tour in the second half of last year, and she was/is supposed to be producing a documentary about transgender people as well as conducting interviews for it. The documentary was supposed to be happen last summer, which you may recall was the height of the Jackson family drama with Katherine Jackson going 'missing', Paris spilling the tea on Twitter, the supposed fake will of Michael, etc. I'm not sure either of these are ever happening now. Although marriage is not the same as legal/family drama, nor is it Janet's first time being married, I'm not sure if Janet wants to be anything but a newlywed for some time. I hope that's not the case, the men in Janet's life have brought out some of her best stuff.

Icicle

Azealia was supposed to release a track on iTunes today, and prior to its release, in a bold demonstration of confidence in Azealia, Aguila requested to be banned if the song didn't come out on it's planned release day.

And it wasn't released, so...

28alt1wdwu7p.gif

Interesting...

I'm pretty sure I tried to make a ban bet about something (although I don't remember what), and Mumei quickly clocked me with "We don't do ban bets."

Lies ARE detected.

botty

Banned
Today is the QUEEN of MUSIC's Birthday

Happy Birthday, Mariah Carey!!!!

ibo7ZwR81O3Ez6.gif

Let's celebrate by posting some of our favorite Mariah Carey songs!

I love her entire discography, but here are a few I listen to the most often:

~Never Too Far

~Breakdown

~Till The End of Time

~Always Be My Baby

~Make It Happen (Though, I recommend live versions of this song, tbh.)

Flawless *.*
ibc7G4hubkF08I.gif

If I had to recommend one Mariah album for anyone who wants to get into her music, I would recommend "Emotions"
Mariahcareyemotions.jpg

Though, if you don't really care about vocals, or lyrical content, then I suggest something "The Emanicpation of Mimi".

TEOM_cover.jpg

and I suppose the middle ground between the two would be "Butterfly".

Mcbutterfly.jpg

If you have a twitter account, give Mariah a happy birthday shout out at @Mariahcarey. Bless
ieR4aKlxltcxB.gif

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I would suggest that Janet fell off the radar after the Superbowl because she hadn't released anything particularly good since then. There's no conspiracy against her.

Her earlier stuff is pure gold but she turned into a parody of herself - random albums devoted to fucking (with songs like 'Moist') and songs without any hooks. She only has herself to blame for peoples' disinterest.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
lmao at you posting that at the end of a page, now its buried

is1zgtQgb6vw2.gif

but I will quote for a new page

Today is the QUEEN of MUSIC's Birthday

Happy Birthday, Mariah Carey!!!!

ibo7ZwR81O3Ez6.gif

Let's celebrate by posting some of our favorite Mariah Carey songs!

I love her entire discography, but here are a few I listen to the most often:

~Never Too Far

~Breakdown

~Till The End of Time

~Always Be My Baby

~Make It Happen (Though, I recommend live versions of this song, tbh.)

Flawless *.*
ibc7G4hubkF08I.gif

If I had to recommend one Mariah album for anyone who wants to get into her music, I would recommend "Emotions"
Mariahcareyemotions.jpg

Though, if you don't really care about vocals, or lyrical content, then I suggest something "The Emanicpation of Mimi".

TEOM_cover.jpg

and I suppose the middle ground between the two would be "Butterfly".

Mcbutterfly.jpg

If you have a twitter account, give Mariah a happy birthday shout out at @Mariahcarey. Bless
ieR4aKlxltcxB.gif

Icicle

I would suggest that Janet fell off the radar after the Superbowl because she hadn't released anything particularly good since then. There's no conspiracy against her.

Her earlier stuff is pure gold but she turned into a parody of herself - random albums devoted to fucking (with songs like 'Moist') and songs without any hooks. She only has herself to blame for peoples' disinterest.

You sound like someone who once read a post about why Janet sucks and are using the only detail you remember, the song titled "Moist", to support your 'argument'. Try listening to her albums before sounding off with your uninformed opinions. Or in the incredibly slim chance that you have, get better ones.

Oh, you're from Australia? Say no more.

iGR4adxwj2rO.gif

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
You sound like someone who once read a post about why Janet sucks and are using the only detail you remember, the song titled "Moist", to support your 'argument'. Try listening to her albums before sounding off with your uninformed opinions. Or in the incredibly slim chance that you have, get better ones.
LOL.

'Janet' was the first album I owned. Get over yourself. Aside from the opening few tracks and 'All Night' on Damita Jo, her later albums are crap. There isn't a single song in her library of late that would even come close to touching her best stuff. FACT. A simple reason why she's not really relevant anymore. Not to diminish how good she was, or her legacy and standing, mind.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I'm sorry, but no. MTV completely banned her, and the radio followed suit for the most part. Hell, everyone followed suit. No one wanted to touch her.

I agree that her later albums were definitely weak in comparison to everything pre-Super Bowl, but the backlash for what happened in 2004 was monumental. She didn't recover from it for years, and she's only been well-received since her brother passed away.

Didn't think we'd actually have intelligent Janet discourse... this is exciting!
I grew up listening to her. My sister had Janet's CDs. I had Michael's. He didn't keep releasing music. She did, so I kept listening to her. I love her to death. I just wish she had done something else on her past few albums.

Are you saying that Janet was ruined by the Superbowl /because/ she didn't apologize? If so, I disagree. I think it had everything to do with Janet being a black woman and Justin being a white man, but I digress...
I don't think race had anything to do with it. I think gender had a lot to do with it. But yeah, I think the fact that she refused to apologize and continued to stand her ground when everyone else around her was caving cemented her blacklisting. If she had apologized, I bet things would have turned out way differently for her.

I'm not sure I'd agree with your assessment that Discipline received a lot of promotion. Perhaps it felt that way because she was un-blacklisted in certain places (They did promotion on MTV, for example, which had banned her since the Superbowl. Not sure the MTV generation was interested in Ms. Jackson in the first place, or music for that matter).
Maybe I was just looking for it or hyper aware of it all...but I remember seeing things for it everywhere. Ultimately though Island completely stopped promoting it, and that led to her leaving the label. I believe that was post-"Feedback" though. The ditched it right in time for "Rock With U," maybe shortly after.

I disagree with your remark about her failure to break new ground on "Discipline". It's actually a good to great album, and I feel like it was the album Bionic wanted to be. While Janet was not involved in any of the songwriting for Discipline (which maybe speaks to a career/creative fatigue), which was a first for her, the album does not suffer from her lack of input.
Oh, I know it doesn't suffer from her lack of input. I was mainly saying that -- and this is strictly in my opinion -- if she puts out another album and wants it to be a total smash comeback, the input/direction she was giving for Discipline was wrong (again, in my opinion). I would kill for an album with great pop tracks a la "Make Me" or songs in the vein of All For You's tracks...but mixed in with Velvet Rope or Rhythm Nation-esque songs too. Less Damita Jo/"So Excited"/Discipline. Give us the pop hits, but also smarter or more artsy songs.

As far as not breaking any new ground goes...maybe that was a little harsh. Maybe not. It's definitely one of my least favorite albums of hers though.

I also find your "jizz on my tits" comment both unfair and untrue. Can't a woman express her sexuality through music? It feels like plenty of girls in the music industry get away with doing this and are praised for being "sexually empowered", but Janet is treated like some slut. I say the comment is untrue in this situation because the sexuality on Discipline is much lighter than most of her albums.
I don't mind all of her music being sexual. Some of it is great. Like I said, that remix of "So Excited" is fantastic; it might actually be one of my favorite Janet songs. There was a point with Janet though where I think it felt, to most people and eventually me, that her super sexually charged songs all sounded the same, and there was so much of it. It's not that I have a problem with what she was singing about. It's that I have a problem with how much she was singing about it and that I wanted to hear something else n addition to that.

and she was/is supposed to be producing a documentary about transgender people as well as conducting interviews for it. The documentary was supposed to be happen last summer, which you may recall was the height of the Jackson family drama with Katherine Jackson going 'missing', Paris spilling the tea on Twitter, the supposed fake will of Michael, etc.
I was actually looking forward to that documentary. I remember seeing a trailer or something for it. It looked pretty great.

Wow, Pop-GAF. Remind me never to watch LMN alone at night.

Just watched this horrific film about a marriage that slowly crumbles, leaving two children at the center of an ugly custody dispute. As the father tries to gain custody (with greater urgency after the ex-wife shacks herself and the kids up with this charming but deranged gun, apocalyptic bunker nut who happens to also be her first cousin), he's roadblocked at every turn by lawyers, the police, and of course the mother and her family. The fact that he's relocated to New Mexico with his family and his wife's in North Carolina with the children makes it easy for her to keep the children away.

After two years, he's finally granted visitation and sees the children, now grown, for the first time since the divorce. He notices that the children look unhealthy and is concerned when they tell him about the cocktail of drugs the nut boyfriend (an unlicensed "doctor") forces them to take every day. He gets the children during Spring Break and every other Christmas, and that's it - but despite the lack of contact, the children beg him to take them from their mother. The father knows that it's not in the best interest of the children to return them to his ex-wife, but knows that she'll have him arrested otherwise, so he begrudgingly flies back the inconsolable children.

Eventually, the ex-wife's parents agree to testify in support of the father because they disapprove of their daughter's incestuous relationship, but that never happens because the gun nut boyfriend gruesomely murders them in their home the day before the court hearing. The cops suspect that he had something to do with the murders, so he and the wife go on the run with the children, the cops in pursuit.

The psycho boyfriend's loaded up the car with explosives, which the police don't know (but the audience does, so this final sequence is just so painful to watch) and, now surrounded by police cars, the car containing the boyfriend, ex-wife, and the two children explode in frighteningly realistic fashion for a low-buget, made for TV film. The cops tell the dad the horrible news, and he, racked with guilt, is shown in the final scene dreaming that he's running after the car, the two children calling out to him to save them. The dream jolts him out of sleep and his slow sobbing ends the film. After the credits, we learn that it was actually the ex-wife who set off the explosives.

Fucking hell. It's based on a true story too.

I need a GIF to cheer me up.

Artemisia

Banned
Wow, Pop-GAF. Remind me never to watch LMN alone at night.

Just watched this horrific film about a marriage that slowly crumbles, leaving two children at the center of an ugly custody dispute. As the father tries to gain custody (with greater urgency after the ex-wife shacks herself and the kids up with this charming but deranged gun, apocalyptic bunker nut who happens to also be her first cousin), he's roadblocked at every turn by lawyers, the police, and of course the mother and her family. The fact that he's relocated to New Mexico with his family and his wife's in North Carolina with the children makes it easy for her to keep the children away.

After two years, he's finally granted visitation and sees the children, now grown, for the first time since the divorce. He notices that the children look unhealthy and is concerned when they tell him about the cocktail of drugs the nut boyfriend (an unlicensed "doctor") forces them to take every day. He gets the children during Spring Break and every other Christmas, and that's it - but despite the lack of contact, the children beg him to take them from their mother. The father knows that it's not in the best interest of the children to return them to his ex-wife, but knows that she'll have him arrested otherwise, so he begrudgingly flies back the inconsolable children.

Eventually, the ex-wife's parents agree to testify in support of the father because they disapprove of their daughter's incestuous relationship, but that never happens because the gun nut boyfriend gruesomely murders them in their home the day before the court hearing. The cops suspect that he had something to do with the murders, so he and the wife go on the run with the children, the cops in pursuit.

The psycho boyfriend's loaded up the car with explosives, which the police don't know (but the audience does, so this final sequence is just so painful to watch) and, now surrounded by police cars, the car containing the boyfriend, ex-wife, and the two children explode in frighteningly realistic fashion for a low-buget, made for TV film. The cops tell the dad the horrible news, and he, racked with guilt, is shown in the final scene dreaming that he's running after the car, the two children calling out to him to save them. The dream jolts him out of sleep and his slow sobbing ends the film. After the credits, we learn that it was actually the ex-wife who set off the explosives.

Fucking hell. It's based on a true story too.

I need a GIF to cheer me up.

you should come in plug and watch more lifetime movies with us

mfMa2En.jpg

tbh most of the movies are surprisingly good. "Like Dandelion Dust" for instance is one of the best movies I've ever seen, television or otherwise.

I just wasn't prepared for bloody dead children body parts at 4 in the morning. Movie should've had a graphic violence warning.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Speaking of Steps, here's another one for 90's UK POP-GAF (slightly NSFW for language):

"Aw Kerry, your mam's a proper bag-head!"

Lord, saw that cash for ladies advert yesterday and was perplexed.

Scary thing is, dosen't sound that far from the rel Atomic Kitten

I always said that Born This Way sounded like a collection of PWL songs and that my initial attraction to Judas was that it sounded like a STEPS (PWL produced group) song, and here they covering Judas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9KfD2HGHhM#45m00s

Strange cover but it sounds kind of neat slowed down.

Doesn't sounds too bad tbf, how did the tour do? Cos their new album and singe flopped spectacularly

Edit2: Having just watched this video, their tour may well have reached a level of camp that would make Kylie envious

Koodo

Banned
I like my kisses down low
Makes me arch my back
When you gave it to me slow
Baby just like that

ibcGyCIeFXIRpd.gif

WHEN will BEYONCÉ.

Doesn't sounds too bad tbf, how did the tour do? Cos their new album and singe flopped spectacularly

Edit2: Having just watched this video, their tour may well have reached a level of camp that would make Kylie envious

Oh God, THE CROWD; gays meet hens night hell. Yeah, I'm pretty sure this entire section was H's concept. I wish there was a longer version of Judas ;_;

The tour did fairly well afaik, enough for them to add more dates. I don't know why they released a Christmas album or why anyone would buy a STEPS Christmas album unless it was just Claire being amazing. The best thing about the tour was that it was 100% live and the ensuing vocal comedy from Lisa Scott Lee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom