• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Partition

Banned
Well today is the TRUE queen of pop's birthday, no offense to miss Gaga. :) Why has God chosen these days for such legendry?
Happy Birthday!
Mariah is the Queen of Music, that's the difference

tumblr_mbrj0qtWZ41rowo0fo3_250.gif

Ties

Banned
Nothing major will be announced. I foresee a rundown of ArtPop coverage that we are already well aware of, and maybe a solid release date will be unveiled.

Nothing more than that though, it's too early to release the lead right now, especially when she knows that Katy is going to dislocate her metal hip if she dares to release anywhere near the current queen.

ihNJF7zImlgh3.gif

botty

Banned
lmao at you posting that at the end of a page, now its buried

is1zgtQgb6vw2.gif

but I will quote for a new page

nnnnn.

Let me Rih-post~

Today is the QUEEN of MUSIC's Birthday

Happy Birthday, Mariah Carey!!!!

ibo7ZwR81O3Ez6.gif

Let's celebrate by posting some of our favorite Mariah Carey songs!

I love her entire discography, but here are a few I listen to the most often:

~Never Too Far

~Breakdown

~Till The End of Time

~Always Be My Baby

~Make It Happen (Though, I recommend live versions of this song, tbh.)

Flawless *.*
ibc7G4hubkF08I.gif

If I had to recommend one Mariah album for anyone who wants to get into her music, I would recommend "Emotions"
Mariahcareyemotions.jpg

Though, if you don't really care about vocals, or lyrical content, then I suggest something "The Emanicpation of Mimi".

TEOM_cover.jpg

and I suppose the middle ground between the two would be "Butterfly".

Mcbutterfly.jpg

If you have a twitter account, give Mariah a happy birthday shout out at @Mariahcarey. Bless
ieR4aKlxltcxB.gif

Ties

Banned
Is this the same community that was perched for Lotus download links when it leaked?

I clearly recall pointing to available resources when Lotus leaked to several of the members here denying that they are lying in anticipation for Azealia's debut.

Now we all know damn well you girls are more than excited for Azealia her debut if Xtina can get all of your panties wet.

ihNJF7zImlgh3.gif

Ties

Banned
nnnnn.

Let me Rih-post~

Today is the QUEEN of MUSIC's Birthday

Happy Birthday, Mariah Carey!!!!

ibo7ZwR81O3Ez6.gif

Let's celebrate by posting some of our favorite Mariah Carey songs!

I love her entire discography, but here are a few I listen to the most often:

~Never Too Far

~Breakdown

~Till The End of Time

~Always Be My Baby

~Make It Happen (Though, I recommend live versions of this song, tbh.)

Flawless *.*
ibc7G4hubkF08I.gif

If I had to recommend one Mariah album for anyone who wants to get into her music, I would recommend "Emotions"
Mariahcareyemotions.jpg

Though, if you don't really care about vocals, or lyrical content, then I suggest something "The Emanicpation of Mimi".

TEOM_cover.jpg

and I suppose the middle ground between the two would be "Butterfly".

Mcbutterfly.jpg

If you have a twitter account, give Mariah a happy birthday shout out at @Mariahcarey. Bless
ieR4aKlxltcxB.gif
Where is Daydream?

Probably her best album, honestly.

Artemisia

Banned
Is this the same community that was perched for Lotus download links when it leaked?

I clearly recall pointing to available resources when Lotus leaked to several of the members here denying that they are lying in anticipation for Azealia's debut.

Now we all know damn well you girls are more than excited for Azealia her debut if Xtina can get all of your panties wet.

ihNJF7zImlgh3.gif

Don't lump me in with the fatters and fatter enablers

ihNJF7zImlgh3.gif

botty

Banned

ihNJF7zImlgh3.gif

As if Azealia even compares to the Legend.

Bye, that was for the "Your Body" leak. And you might want to be careful about saying that before mumei removes your internal organs, shoves his arm up your ass, and turns Your Body into a sock puppet.

legendtinahpkcg.gif

Partition

Banned
Azealia hasnt really given people a reason to be hyped for ha album though, everything she has released since her EP has been mediocre at best. Fantasea didn't really provide much promise

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Azealia hasnt really given people a reason to be hyped for ha album though, everything she has released since her EP has been mediocre at best. Fantasea didn't really provide much promise

Fallacies and feces.

Fantasea had some grade A+ stuff, which is more than I can say for some of the other rap girls right now.

That and Yung Rapnuxel shits.

royalan

Speaking of Azealia Banks and how her 15 minutes BEEN up:

I remember people thinking it was special that Azealia jumped on a trap beat with "BBD"...

But then I remembered that Iggy Azalea was spittin' on trap beats 2 years BEFORE her, AND on a hotter beat. Check out "My World"...

Cotton candy
laced in gold
stack that money
sushi roll!

ib1iWT4HmC9GCN.gif

No wonder Iggy pays Azealia dust whenever she tries to start a Twitter beef.

Artemisia

Banned

I remember people thinking it was special that Azealia jumped on a trap beat with "BBD"...

But then I remembered that Iggy Azalea was spittin' on trap beats 2 years BEFORE her, AND on a hotter beat. Check out "My World"...

Cotton candy
laced in gold
stack that money
sushi roll!

ib1iWT4HmC9GCN.gif

Iggy's only good song is Work. She's lucky that it's really fucking good and on her album or else I would have paid ha dust.

All of the music she released before that was quite... awful.

royalan

Iggy's only good song is Work. She's lucky that it's really fucking good and on her album or else I would have paid ha dust.

All of the music she released before that was quite... awful.

Ch...BYE

I'll admit I wasn't feeling her last mixtape. But her first mixtape, Ignorant Art, was hot. Some damn good production for someone who was a no-name trollop with NO industry connections at the time.

PU$$Y
My World
Backseat (This STILL gets regular rotation. I DARE you not to feel this one).

Bops. *.*

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

Cotton candy
laced in gold
stack that money
sushi roll!

ib1iWT4HmC9GCN.gif

Two years in the game and still a complete hew to the general public much like she was a hew to this thread until work.

Have you checked her mix tape? Most of it is vile, with two usable tracks. Iggy is a class below Azealia, but keep pretending anything otherwise.

royalan

Two years in the game and still a complete hew to the general public much like she was a hew to this thread until work.

Have you checked her mix tape? Most of it is vile, with two usable tracks. Iggy is a class below Azealia, but keep pretending anything otherwise.

If Azealia was still in her "1991" era I would agree she was superior. But not anymore. Everything post 1991 has been straight up garbage, and the sad thing is it's starting to seem like she has NO idea what made 1991 so groundbreaking when she goes around jumping on basic-ass beats and feuding with EVERYONE.

Azealia's last track was "BBD" which was in a class of wackness all by itself.

Iggy's last track is "Work", which shows a world of progression in her style and delivery.

If Azealia was still in her "1991" era I would agree she was superior. But not anymore. Everything post 1991 has been straight up garbage, and the sad thing is it's starting to seem like she has NO idea what made 1991 so groundbreaking when she goes around jumping on basic-ass beats and feuding with EVERYONE.

Iggy's last track is "Work", which shows a world of progression in her style and delivery.

But did you lie? Azealia Stanks is DONE.

Matt_

Nathan, Esta Noche and No problems were all > than 1991 imo

As were Fuck up the Fun and Jumanji, but I'm not sure when abouts they were released.

I can understand the why people dislike Yung Rapunxel, but if people are expecting that track being indicative of the overall direction of the album they're wrong, she's stated herself that there is only one other song like it on the album

Ties

Banned
BBD and Yung Rapunxel truly are hot trash.

BBD only qualifies as a bonus track on her debut at best, and her delivery on Yung Rapunxel is a muffled mess; it's as if Azealia took notes on FFXII's sound quality. Her flow is constantly recycled. It's like the damn water cycle, I heard tints of 212 on the final verse of Yung Rapunxel. When she doesn't recycle her rhythm, however, it sounds basic as hell (see: BBD).

I certainly hope that the album isn't as trashy and basic as her offerings post-Fantasea and 1991 for her sake. Miss Amor and Miss Camaraderie are supposed to be the best tracks on the album so maybe she's saving a 1991 or Esta Noche esque bop for later on.

botty

Banned
I think the fact that Iggy is so much more prettier than Azealia will also help her become bigger. But that's just my opinion.

:keir:

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Yung Rapunxel is the best thing that has been released
by the way of soundcloud
this year

Iggy Azealia will never make it and she will stay naming Banks in her interviews for press

Ch...BYE

(This STILL gets regular rotation. I DARE you not to feel this one).

Bops. *.*

That was awful.

So she progress from wack to slightly less wack? Aside from Van Vogue and Esta Noche, I haven't heard anything from Azealia that wasn't leagues ahead of her contemporaries. I get why you're stanning/or have stanned so hard for the likes of Iggy, Brooke, and Christina, but that doesn't stop them from being wack.

Twitter beefs and beat jacking aside, Azealia's flow/cadence/delivery is everything. These other "Femcees" look like they just woke up one day and figured they wanted to "rap." Which they probably did, but thats neither here nor there I suppose.

I think the fact that Iggy is so much more prettier than Azealia will also help her become bigger. But that's just my opinion.

:keir:

You forgot to put the quotes around prettier. Folks reading for the first time might think you were referring to their looks. But we know better.

:thatgreenemoticon:

royalan

Nathan, Esta Noche and No problems were all > than 1991 imo

As were Fuck up the Fun and Jumanji, but I'm not sure when abouts they were released.

I can understand the why people dislike Yung Rapunxel, but if people are expecting that track being indicative of the overall direction of the album they're wrong, she's stated herself that there is only one other song like it on the album

Esta Noche is hot but it's ALL production. Nathan is a "Fuck Up The Fun" reduction.

I'll give you Jumanji, though. That might be my favorite Azealia track next to Liquorice.

To me, the "1991" EP is her best work because it's her strongest lyrically, AND the beats were fresh. Also, I'm not going to pretend like she hasn't REGRESSED since she's gotten all this attention. Her new material sucks, and her head seems to be everywhere BUT releasing hot new tracks that are FRESH in a similar way "1991" was.

I'll admit that, of all the new femcees, Azealia entered the game with the most raw talent, but she's letting
The
Fame
Monster
get to her head. Whereas other chicks, like Iggy and even Brooke Candy (since she's been brought up), seem to be really improving themselves the more attention they get.

Hell, I thought Brooke Candy was a freaking joke when I first saw her. But her last few tracks have been legitimately hot. I still use "I Wanna Fuck Right Now". She's coming for that ratchet crown. *.*

I get why you're stanning/or have stanned so hard for the likes of Iggy, Brooke, and Christina, but that doesn't stop them from being wack.

Can you stop insinuating that I'm an uncle tom just because I stan for white chicks? It's not cute.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I'm just glad Azealia gave us "Esta Noche". Even if I never get a song I like from her again, I got one.

I'll look back on the day that we all bop'd to that and wipe a tear from my eye for her fallen 'career'. Poor her.

Koodo

Banned
I just don't understand how Azealia still has people checking for her. I thought the Fatters were masochists, but this is on a WHOLE 'NOTHER LEVEL.

Partition

Banned
Yung Rapunxel is the best thing that has been released
by the way of soundcloud
this year

Iggy Azealia will never make it and she will stay naming Banks in her interviews for press
nnnn Work is infinitely better than Yung Rapunxmess and anyone who denies it is delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom