• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
I still can't believe we actually lost a sistren because of Azealia's wackness. ;____;
I hope she got banned until Azealia's debut album releases.

iVQUWxpfqYuH9.gif

Fey

Banned
aguila deserves what she got for ever putting faith into that flop tbh

let us hope this time is used to reflect on ha mistakes.
i53HX62lwcORp.gif

royalan

OMG - is that JT? If so, this might be the best GIF I've ever seen.

Also:

COSMIC, SHE'S COMING

W7blEIx.jpg

Let’s talk about Jessica 6 and the jams. How’s the forthcoming album coming along?

Most of the production is done. It’s really vintage-sounding but still modern at the same time. There’s a lot of ‘80s influences and some R&B moments. It’s dance; it’s moody; it’s emotional. I want it to be a tight and concise album. I’m planning on having it out this summer…it’ll be a sexy summer!

Who are some women in music who rock your world?

Well, Janet [Jackson] of course. When I was younger, I wanted to be a choreographer and I would study her videos. I love Sade, of course. And Stevie Nicks — she’s my bitch. She’s really inspired me as a songwriter. I was obsessed with R&B. Remember Mya’s Fear of Flying? Oh my God, and Aaliyah!

The fashion world loves you. Where do you get your shop on?

I love little teenage stores with those little slutty one-pieces. I’m so down with Rainbow but I haven’t been in a while. I go shopping a lot in Sunset Park, where I live. It’s so fun. They have good jeans too — especially if you have a booty.

Source

Sc5PI32.jpg

Nomi Ruiz. When will your faves?

Sia, Jessica 6, and Mutya Keisha Siobhan...this is going to be a good year for some of my faves. *.*

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Are you saying Rih Bey and Gaga won't be releasing any more albums in their career?

Considering Broke With Expensive Taste is done, we've heard nothing of bey's business and Gaga's rumours put her somewhere in between writing the album and mastering it, that really should be the order

Lord, if Azealia doesn't release this year I don't know what I'll do

DMeisterJ

Banned
Billboard Top 20 Top 10

1. Justin Timberlake, The 20/20 Experience 968,000
2. Kacey Musgraves, Same Trailer Different Park 43,000
3. Bruno Mars, Unorthodox Jukebox 41,000 [1,095,000]
4. Luke Bryan, Spring Break . . . Here to Party 38,000 [248,000]
5. P!nk, The Truth About Love 36,000 [1,259,000]
6. Imagine Dragons, Night Visions 29,000 [713,000]
7. Bon Jovi, What About Now 29,000 [125,000]
8. Soundtrack, Les Misérables 28,000 [526,000]
9. Mumford & Sons, Babel 27,000 [2,121,000]
10. Rihanna, Unapologetic 26,000 [860,000]

--

Hot 100 Top 10

1. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - "Thrift Shop (feat. Wanz)"
2. Baauer - "Harlem Shake"
3. Justin Timberlake - "Suit and Tie (feat. Jay Z)
4. Bruno Mars - "When I Was Your Man"
5. Rihanna - "Stay"
6. P!nk - "Just Give Me A Reason (feat. Nate Ruess)"
7. Drake - "Started from the Bottom"
8. Pitbull - "Feel This Moment"
9. Lil' Wayne - "Love Me (feat. Future & Drake)"
10. Taylor Swift - "I Knew You Were Trouble"

botty

Banned
Hot 100 Top 10

1. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - "Thrift Shop (feat. Wanz)"
2. Baauer - "Harlem Shake"
3. Justin Timberlake - "Suit and Tie (feat. Jay Z)
4. Bruno Mars - "When I Was Your Man"
5. Rihanna - "Stay"
6. P!nk - "Just Give Me A Reason (feat. Nate Ruess)"
7. Drake - "Started from the Bottom"
8. Pitbull - "Feel This Moment"
9. Lil' Wayne - "Love Me (feat. Future & Drake)"
10. Taylor Swift - "I Knew You Were Trouble"

Another hit for the legend.

Stay pressed.

legendtinax5lts.gif

Another hit for the legend.

Stay pressed.

Ugh. HS dropping to #2 means that Suit&Tie has a VERY good shot at #1 next week unless Bruno's WIWYM can build more of a gap on itunes (it was behind for the first few days of the week). If it can tie overall on itunes it will have a chance since it has a slight airplay edge.

botty

Banned
I know. "Stay" has been in the top 5 since the second week of Feb tho, so you're late to the party for declaring it a hit.

The thoughT of Rihanna being referred to as a "legend"

tumblr_md32gpKP3O1qc0btz.gif

Ugh. HS dropping to #2 means that Suit&Tie has a VERY good shot at #1 next week unless Bruno's WIWYM can build more of a gap on itunes (it was behind for the first few days of the week). If it can tie overall on itunes it will have a chance since it has a slight airplay edge.

Justink's payola is strong this era. I'm surprised the song isn't #1 yet tbh. If this era doesn't see a single #1 it will be hilarious, but also surprising.

Justink's payola is strong this era. I'm surprised the song isn't #1 yet tbh. If this era doesn't see a single #1 it will be hilarious, but also surprising.

This is S&T's ONLY chance at #1. The album release gave it a big bump on itunes, but Bruno blew past him on the radio and the gap will only get bigger, and I imagine that the itunes gap will only grow as well.

Streaming could be a wildcard, but I don't see how JT get's more streams than Bruno.

royalan

In honor of Pitbull and The Queen's entrance into the Top 10 this week, I have a confession to make.

I STAN PITBULL

Well, not quite. I USED to stan Pitbull.

The comparisons to Flo-Rida's vapid catalog and lack of integrity may be accurate now, but this wasn't always the case. Whereas Flo-Rida's quality took a nosedive pretty much right after his first taste of success with "Get Low," Pitbull spent a sizeable chunk of his early career as a provider of legitimate Latin-spiced Urban B O P S that would set your pussy to UNCONTROLLABLE POP. Back then he was considered the Latin Uncle Luke, in that if you were in a club when one of his songs came on, there was NO WAY you weren't about to break into a sweat putting in that WORK.

So, with that said, a TRIBUTE to Old (and BEST) Pitbull. CULO!!!

CULO!!!

Aye Chico (Lengua Afuera)

Toma (Feat. Lil Jon)

Bojangles

Shake (Feat. Ying Yang Twins)

Calle Ocho

Hotel Room Service

Maldito Alcohol (Pitbull vs. Afrojack)

OHPbClc.jpg

Koodo

Banned
I only remember hearing of Pitbull prior to moving to Canada in that pungent single, Culo.

He is a joke in South America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom