• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Yes yes, that's all well and true, but where is our present? She hasn't even tweeted since the op :(

ffff mess

tumblr_miy9ei4egC1reirxoo1_250.gif

Marius is just shutting down any possibility for him to get hyped today :p It's okay to expect an announcement today given all the emerging notifications from her people. As long as you know how to get over it if it doesn't happen. lol

Fey

Banned
The VH1 thing was just an article of why she is awesome

wait what really? that's even more disappointing than i thought it would be.

gaga stans always latch to any big day. on christmas they were expecting something, on new years they expected something, during the grammys they expected her to make a surprise appearance or something, and now on her birthday, everyone's expecting something.

but i am okay with it. here for the erratic and unstable gaga stans.
M9pLUMH.gif

Nemesis_

gaga stans always latch to any big day. on christmas they were expecting something, on new years they expected something, during the grammys they expected her to make a surprise appearance or something, and now on her birthday, everyone's expecting something.

M9pLUMH.gif

To be fair she released / put out something on every day you mentioned (bar the Grammys). I understand where the expectation came from but the custom isn't really common enough to become tradition.

Not here for passive-aggressive Madonna stans though

iHB5mYZRx6QEa.gif

Koodo

Banned
In other news, American Idol just scored its lowest-rated Wednesday EVER. Garbaj sucks the life out of everything she touches.

iWr0Kk6MIGzQR.gif

Also, The Voice's Tuesday episode was adjusted up, ending up a tenth of a ratings point higher than last season's Tuesday premiere; achieving this despite stiffer competition and an overall weaker ratings climate.

Truly the best season yet.

iukI8kE5YBE4p.gif

Artemisia

Banned
Also, The Voice's Tuesday episode was adjusted up, ending up a tenth of a ratings point higher than last season's Tuesday premiere; achieving this despite stiffer competition and an overall weaker ratings climate.

iukI8kE5YBE4p.gif

"the show will flop, NBC's ratings are down across the board"

iNNM5i6A33dvi.gif

Fey

Banned
To be fair she released / put out something on every day you mentioned (bar the Grammys). I understand where the expectation came from but the custom isn't really common enough to become tradition.

Not here for passive-aggressive Madonna stans though

i'll be completely honest i had gaga's twitter open all day on christmas and new years and checked it every 5 mins

i am one of the erratic & unstable ones

ibiJuXEKqeouNV.gif

Partition

Banned

M9pLUMH.gif

No, it's because of this sis:

r44Bgnj.png

DMeisterJ

Banned
In other news, American Idol just scored its lowest-rated Wednesday EVER. Garbaj sucks the life out of everything she touches.

iWr0Kk6MIGzQR.gif

iukI8kE5YBE4p.gif

The voice - Representing an unbreakable show that survives under harsh conditions (Xtuna's tenure) and still thrives.

YAS!

FUCK YES! :)

Kelly Clarkson (and Carly Rae) are headlining my areas big 4th of July stadium show.

ilRizPrh7Qmah.gif

I am so happy *cries*. Hopefully the tickets are not too expensive..... the stadium has a capacity of 65k so it shouldn't be too bad to get in.

Even though I miss Xtina, I can't deny that Shakira's endlessly more likable and cute on that show than she ever was. I friggin' love Shakira.

Also I love that Usher fit in so organically into the group without even trying. Much more interesting than Cee Lo at his height too.

I can already see NBC asking Shakira and Usher to stay on for season 5 but now I'm kinda hoping that's the case. Xtina needs to focus on new music anyway.

iWr0Kk6MIGzQR.gif
NBC's done well to pin the future of the entire network on it. Can't wait for the inevitable implosion once the new car smell wears off. In the end, though, you can't pay me to watch The Voice - it bores me to tears.

Not that Idol doesn't, but the irony of your statement is that Icky is the only person involved in that whole pathetic affair who seems to bring any excitement to the proceedings.

X-Factor please come back tho, I beg you

royalan

Boo. Likable and cute is boring. Shakira has been cute during the premier I'll admit but I still see myself getting bored with her by the time the live shows start. Christina was awesome because she was a tough-ass-bitch who matched her weaves to her fans.

gaga is in danger if nothing happens today

tumblr_miy9ei4egC1reirxoo1_250.gif

Unless you're threatening a physical altercation (lol) I'm sure she'll be the same as she's ever been.

Boo. Likable and cute is boring. Shakira has been cute during the premier I'll admit but I still see myself getting bored with her by the time the live shows start. Christina was awesome because she was a tough-ass-bitch who matched her weaves to her fans.

Everything Christina would ever say sounded so snobbish and fake to me though. You can be a tough-ass-bitch but still come off as someone likable or at least tolerable. I'm not saying she wasn't tolerable, but there was an obvious chemistry between Blake, Adam and Cee Lo that she deliberately wasn't a part of. She might as well have held a sign saying "no fun allowed" the entire time. She had plenty of cute moments but otherwise she was just too blase and over it all.
She also ranked 4th place all three seasons so she's not exactly making up for it in other ways sis

royalan

She had GREAT chemistry with CeeLo and Blake on the show! Not only that, but she was the only The Voice judge to go to CeeLo's Vegas show a few weeks ago. And she and Blake were so close on and off the set that they spawned the "Blaketina" fan pairing that led to (bogus) infedelity rumors. Christina's even been spotted having dinner with Blake AND Miranda numerous times before and after she left.

Adam was the only one her chemistry was strained with.

royalan

Pressed hoes. BYE.

Anyway, I STILL think that Xtina's not coming back next season, and I STILL don't want her to.

The Voice doesn't need her (ANYMORE. Lets not pretend like her star power wasn't crucial to launching the brand). In fact, The Voice doesn't need any one particular celebrity at this point. I don't view its continued success as being due to The Power of Usher or The (non-existent in the US) Power of Shakira. I think audiences are in love with the format of the show itself now.

Right now Christina needs to focus on her MUSIC. It's the cornerstone of her brand, and as much as I love her she's too young and just hasn't done enough yet to start cashing in.

I'm SO fucking glad that the rumormill is going into overdrive over her preparing new music for later this year. That's really what she needs.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I hope they keep Usher and Shakira next season and give Adam and Blake a trial boot. Bring in two new judges -- one of which I would hope is a woman. Maybe even bring Christina back with one new judge. That would be interesting.

Wasn't the idea always to bring Cee Lo and Christina back for the next cycle? Maybe I made that up.

royalan

I hope they keep Usher and Shakira next season and give Adam and Blake a trial boot. Bring in two new judges -- one of which I would hope is a woman. Maybe even bring Christina back with one new judge. That would be interesting.

Wasn't the idea always to bring Cee Lo and Christina back for the next cycle? Maybe I made that up.

No you're right. That's the "alleged" plan. But pretty much in the same way Christina and CeeLo definitely weren't leaving the show...until they were.

I think the Producers just favor cycling judges out instead of risking bad press by getting rid of all of them at once.

I bet either Blake or Adam aren't coming back next season. Maybe even both.

So no new Gaga info? Damn. Poor thing. If she was well right now she'd be announcing shit TODAY.

Both my faves giving me the silent treatment rn. I can't ;__;

Servbot24

Banned
It's ok. Some of the tracks are dull, which doesn't make them bad necessarily, but require more time for me to get into them. Nothing grabbed me as much as Green Garden did.

I don't require my pop albums to be all killer. If half the songs or so are hits, I'm happy.

That's why I was able to enjoy Cinderella's Eyes so much.

Trigger

YAS!

FUCK YES! :)

Kelly Clarkson (and Carly Rae) are headlining my areas big 4th of July stadium show.

I am so happy *cries*. Hopefully the tickets are not too expensive..... the stadium has a capacity of 65k so it shouldn't be too bad to get in.

Bless.

EgJTv.gif

I'm happy for you sis.

PowderedToast

madonna's bedtime stories

omg

such beautiful rnb

happiness lies in your own hand
it took me much too long to understand
how it could be
until you shared your secret with me

something's coming over, mmmmm
♥ ♥ my baby's got a secret ♥ ♥

tumblrm056a5g3cu1r8fe7u.gif

Bless.

EgJTv.gif

I'm happy for you sis.

Thanks Trigger sis!

I am not horribly excited for Carly I will admit (am I the only one who finds it odd that a Canadian would perform at a July 4th event?), but maybe she will surprise me.

The prices on the tickets aren't bad either.

madonna's bedtime stories

omg

such beautiful rnb

happiness lies in your own hand
it took me much too long to understand
how it could be
until you shared your secret with me

something's coming over, mmmmm
♥ ♥ my baby's got a secret ♥ ♥

tumblrm056a5g3cu1r8fe7u.gif

It's been years since I've heard it, and it's still amazing. Truly a classic.

iblxPLpGNhqzfK.gif

Trigger

Thanks Trigger sis!

I am not horribly excited for Carly I will admit (am I the only one who finds it odd that a Canadian would perform at a July 4th event?), but maybe she will surprise me.

The prices on the tickets aren't bad either.

So is M5 going to be there, or is that another tour I'm thinking of?

So is M5 going to be there, or is that another tour I'm thinking of?

No. This is not a part of a tour, just a standalone show.

We also don't really know if she is going to tour with M5 or not, it is the rumor though and I wouldn't be surprised since she has been so active of The Voice. It is going to be for a couple months late summer.

Really..... any artist who is doing shows this year COULD be the person Kelly is touring with. Hell, some people have even suggested Xtina.

Artemisia

Banned
So after 22 peaks on radio and iTunes what's next for the lord (her power)? By then, all of the pop songs would have been released as singles.

Is her label going to try one of the more country songs on pop radio? I'd be here for Treacherous or Red slaying tbh

Fey

Banned
I dunno how its underrated.

It has one of her biggest singles.

Yeah, but the album itself isn't really considered one of her best (even though it is), nor is it really remembered. It's sandwiched between her most controversial album, and her arguably best album (which was also considered somewhat of a comeback). Even Take a Bow is often forgotten.

So after 22 peaks on radio and iTunes what's next for the lord (her power)? By then, all of the pop songs would have been released as singles.

Is her label going to try one of the more country songs on pop radio? I'd be here for Treacherous or Red slaying tbh

I am guessing Red. Treacherous is ok, but I really don't see it doing all that well on Top 40 radio.

Trigger

No. This is not a part of a tour, just a standalone show.

We also don't really know if she is going to tour with M5 or not, it is the rumor though and I wouldn't be surprised since she has been so active of The Voice. It is going to be for a couple months late summer.

Really..... any artist who is doing shows this year COULD be the person Kelly is touring with. Hell, some people have even suggested Xtina.

Ah, IC

I like Treacherous more, but I know it'd probably flop.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I think Taylor should release a slower song. The Last Time maybe.

And then there's State of Grace, which should have been the second single. Or third. Maybe even first. Just somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom