• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
State of Grace was already a promo single, no? Wouldn't it be redundant to release it as an official single?

So was Trouble. And none of the promo singles were sent to radio.

edit: that's not very clear. what I mean is that the promo singles were only available via itunes and not sent to radio. It isn't until they are picked up as singles when they get videos and widespread radio play. Begin Again and Trouble were two of the songs on the album released as promo singles, and later released as regular singles.

royalan

So I'm listening to Christina's debut album for the first time in forever.

Man, "Come On Over (All I Want is You)" is just immaculate. Even still. Honestly right up there with Mariah's "Emotions" and Spice Girls' "If You Wanna Be My Lover" as just perfectly CRAFTED Pop songs. They all combine different elements - singing, rapping, whistle, dance breaks - but no one part outweighs the other and everything has a place.

God, ALL the singles from Xtina's debut are just flawless. I know this album gets overlooked because it really was just built around the singles. But I don't think a debuting artist could have asked for better songs. I don't even think Britney's singles were better outside of the ICONIC "Baby One More Time" and MAYBE "Sometimes."

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
tumblr_mkea35W70Q1r2j2aho1_500.png

tumblr_mke9sgrWEq1qm3n15o1_r1_500.png

tumblr_mkcsj63wNN1qfrj8no1_500.png
tumblr_mke5h8Z4gi1qaetdco1_500.png

Happy Birthday to the Queen
may her music stay with us forever

Trigger

So was Trouble. And none of the promo singles were sent to radio.

edit: that's not very clear. what I mean is that the promo singles were only available via itunes and not sent to radio. It isn't until they are picked up as singles when they get videos and widespread radio play. Begin Again and Trouble were two of the songs on the album released as promo singles, and later released as regular singles.

Ah, thanks I didn't know that.
O2Iuhct.gif

Of course Genie set an impossible standard for the other lessers at the time, but how could you not LOVE Come On Over's chorus????
I do - it was a staple of my Radio Disneyfied childhood. But it's far from pop perfection, even within Xtina's own discography.

Its easy breezy bounciness is easily surpassed by "What A Girl Wants" for instance.

Man, "Come On Over (All I Want is You)" is just immaculate. Even still. Honestly right up there with Mariah's "Emotions" and Spice Girls' "If You Wanna Be My Lover" as just perfectly CRAFTED Pop songs. They all combine different elements - singing, rapping, whistle, dance breaks - but no one part outweighs the other and everything has a place.

God, ALL the singles from Xtina's debut are just flawless. I know this album gets overlooked because it really was just built around the singles. But I don't think a debuting artist could have asked for better songs. I don't even think Britney's singles were better outside of the ICONIC "Baby One More Time" and MAYBE "Sometimes."

BOMT aside, I like Christina's debut more than Britney's. The peak of teen pop.
At least until The Emancipation of Carly Rae Jepsen.
ibfYqg6fbwldCH.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned

"Come on Over" isn't immaculate, but it is simply amazing. Simply one of the best song Christina has released, and a staple of the POP era that it released in. Many pop stars wish they could have an amazing song on their debut album, and few have ever had one as good.

royalan

Taking this trip down memory lane reminded me of this video of Debutney:

Britney Spears: Funky, Cool, Emailer

"'Email My heart' is, like, a song everyone can relate to. You know, everyone has been doing e-mails, you know, and the song is "Email My Heart" so everyone can relate to that song."

HOW could you not love her? *.*

cory64

Yeah, but the album itself isn't really considered one of her best (even though it is), nor is it really remembered. It's sandwiched between her most controversial album, and her arguably best album (which was also considered somewhat of a comeback). Even Take a Bow is often forgotten.
All 3 of Madonna's 90s albums are flawless. When will any of our faves?

Both? Don't you mean "two of"?

Don't tell me you turned in your #Fighter card. ;__;

Sis you know I've had her on notice for the last year. She's always in my heart though. Lotus was fabulous at its release but it doesn't have legs. I need her to make music that can inspire me again. :(

I hope Japan does good things for ha

Icicle

POSSIBLE lie detected. The singles from "Christina Aguilera" were all flawless, indeed. But you are praising "Come On Over" when you should be talking about "Come On Over Baby". The changes made to the single version were all for the better, and it is the only one that matterS.

Hope this was just a simple typO on your part.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Wendy Williams praises Christina's look at The Voice premier

She's not even on the show this season.

All she did was walk the carpet at the premier.

And the world is STILL talking. STILL gagging. Not caring one bit about the new judges.

Only a Legend of the United States.

indfwD1G07jdn.gif
I think the best part is that it doesn't even look like she's lost weight. She's just dressing with real style. Her hair looks fantastic. She isn't slathered in clown makeup. Her dress is classy. Good job, Christina.

Clearly someone has taken control. New stylist maybe? Or at least someone telling her stylist what direction to go in. Hopefully her next album makes the same improvements.

SaintZ

The improvemenT *.*
HDpDr3i.jpg
SgOzGjp.jpg
She's serving some Anna Nicole Smith realness in the first picture. Definitely an improvement.
LORD, I'd never participate in something like this.
I might have sent a picture to appear in the "Here's To Never Growing Up" lyric tho tee hee.
ETA:

Also

BROOKE CANDYVerified account ‏@BR00KECANDY

My day 2day consisted of a studio session w/ @CoryEnemy @sia @JesseSaintJohn & then dinner wit Renee Graziano from Mob Wives. My life RULES!
Not Brooke Candy working with Sia.

iWK1jdaYzlNYl.gif

royalan

brooke candy is an even more putrid version of iggy azalea

not here for it

tumblr_inline_mjdi4vfadM1qz4rgp.png

BYE

Iggy and Brooke are not the same type of rapper.

Iggy is trying to be the Tupac of female rappers - i.e. popular rapper who makes danceable bops with an obvious "this is my life" slant.

Brooke is clearly trying to be the next Trina of rappers - i.e. ratchet and sexual fun that's undeniably catchy but you don't take seriously while also being grounded in semi-serious lyricism.

I C this racism.

Artemisia

Banned
BYE

Iggy and Brooke are not the same type of rapper.

Iggy is trying to be the Tupac of female rappers - i.e. popular rapper who makes danceable bops with an obvious "this is my life" slant.

Brooke is clearly trying to be the next Trina of rappers - i.e. ratchet and sexual fun that's undeniably catchy but you don't take seriously while also being grounded in semi-serious lyricism.

I C this racism.

I see some hope with Iggy in Work. The production on that shits. The mix of ratchet beats with typical classical music. I live.

Brooke reminds me of a lesser version of Keedy Black and Katie Got Bandz.

Not here for it.

tumblr_inline_mjdi4vfadM1qz4rgp.png

Went to check GagaDaily and the site was down, scurried over here for possible news, leave disappointed.

Another day another heartbreak. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom