• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
I'm pressed that Radioactive is charting higher than It's Time

also lol @ RnB trend, what charts are you looking at?

The same ones as you.

party.gif

royalan

But, Roy. Why is she losing weight? What could she have planned?

She better jump on trend and make an R&B album

party.gif

There are so many rumors flying about that I think it's becoming a fairly safe bet that Christina's got some sort of music planned for this year. Whether it's a continuation of Lotus or a new project altogether remains to be seen, but one thing I've learned through PopGAF about the industry is that if only one rumor is floating around about something it could end up being total bullshit. But, if multiple rumors are circulating and they're all pointing to the same thing...and she WAS spotted at a Capitol Records recording studio a few months ago, well...

botty

Banned

Was that put together within the last couple of days? Mess.

tumblr_mkgdvnZueU1qaldsio1_500.png

Is she narcissistic?

Don't try and use Rihanna when it's convenient for your argument. "Stay" is a pop ballad.

Goodbye.

ea2a4fdb.gif

There are so many rumors flying about that I think it's becoming a fairly safe bet that Christina's got some sort of music planned for this year. Whether it's a continuation of Lotus or a new project altogether remains to be seen, but one thing I've learned through PopGAF about the industry is that if only one rumor is floating around about something it could end up being total bullshit. But, if multiple rumors are circulating and they're all pointing to the same thing...and she WAS spotted at a Capitol Records recording studio a few months ago, well...

Whatever she has planned, I hope she promotes correcT this time around.

royalan

Are people really pretending that R&B isn't trending right now because there aren't that many songs with R&B influences on the Hot 100?

The year is still young, and so far the biggest album of the year is an album with strong R&B influences by a Pop artist (nevermind that the album is shit).

Then you have Britney and Beyonce working with R&B producers on their next albums. These are two of the most anticipated albums of the year.

Going down to the Indie scene you have Solange and Sky Ferreira working with Blood Orange, an R&B producer.

Across the pond one of the biggest comebacks of the year (MKS, the original Sugababe's lineup) is doing so with an album with HEAVY R&B production, based on the names they've worked with.

One of the most anticipated new acts of the year, Elijah Blake, is an R&B artist. He's also working with Britney.

Pitchfork darling and Queen of the NY scene, Nomi Ruiz, is coming this year with a new Jessica 6 album. Although I don't think anyone would claim they're hopping on trend (and I hesitate to label them R&B even though the influences are there).

Just because it's not Top 10 (yet) doesn't mean it's not a trend.

iXrQiJJxrbXI5.gif

Bladenic

The last episode of Arrow had a scene and Stay played almost entirely during it. It's an amazing song, one of Rihanna's best IMO.

Stay is incredible. Only the queen.

iWtIYIFkSpKmu.gif

Are people really pretending that R&B isn't trending right now because there aren't that many songs with R& B influences on the Hot 100?

The year is still young, and so far the biggest album of the year is an album with strong R&B influences by a Pop artist (never mind that the album is shit).

Then you have Britney and Beyonce working with R&B producers on their next albums. These are two of the most anticipated albums of the year.

Going down to the Indie scene you have Solange and Sky Ferreira working with Blood Orange, an R&B producer.

Across the pond one of the biggest comebacks of the year (MKS, the original Sugababe's lineup) is doing so with an album with HEAVY R&B production, based on the names they've worked with.

One of the most anticipated new acts of the year, Elijah Blake, is an R&B artist. He's also working with Britney.

Pitchfork darling and Queen of the NY scene, Nomi Ruiz, is coming this year with a new Jessica 6 album. Although I don't think anyone would claim they're hopping on trend (and I hesitate to label them R&B even though the influences are there).

Just because it's not Top 10 (yet) doesn't mean it's not a trend.

ib2xAxADsVjvcr.gif

Artemisia

Banned
I just realized that this august will be the 2nd year anniversary of Vows.

artists usually take 2 year breaks for their albums, so maybe kimbra will bless us with new jams for 2013?

ioSlho0zcQhIb.gif

Nemesis_

I'm on struggle internet since I'm actually away (and the internet here isn't working for whatever reason so I can only view things without images >_>), but reading PopGAF without the GIFs is just not the same.

RIP

PS. Queen Rih slays your faves. The fumes in this thread right now at the #NAVY now that I've actually read it.

Nemesis_

iKpPAGVQRwbKS.png

Welcome back to the PopGAF Community Awards. As out actual host is still busy recording a solo album and working on her reality television career, Ms Electra is still dancing:

iNbxjwpz9TcCN.gif

i6x9UkKDBO89M.gif
iF1edd0DhgBLY.gif

Please see below the ballot paper for entering your final votes.

The ballot paper is structured in a bit of a lengthy manner, but this way I can calculate the results faster so I appreciate your patience :)

That being said, it could take a little bit of time to do so don't try to finish it in a rush.

I don't know when voting will close, but I am thinking roughly a week. Given that there isn't any thinking needed to vote (all the choices are laid out for you) I assume that the rate of responses will be faster.

And yes, you can vote for yourself if you wish.

------> Click here to register your final ballot <------

FINAL NOMINATIONS CLOSING MARCH 31ST

CEREMONY BEGINNING APRIL 1ST

Nemesis_

I finally got up to the point where I was up to on my review copy. Once you unlock Multi, is there other stuff to unlock FOR the Multi?

royalan

Will this be enough to make Aguila unban herself?

And can we spare just a few minutes for how how FOINE Robin Thicke is? Lawd...

Oh, and Robin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JT

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I was surprised to see someone bothered to make a thread for Robin's video. While the guy is apparently a total douche and a coke fiend, and the production on the song is RIHductive (somebody's an LCD Soundsystem fan, mmhm) it's still better than the entirety of JT's million-selling April Fools joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom