• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I was listening to TLC's Creep today and I thought about Riri, Azealia and MIA performing this on stage together.

I need this to happen!
Rihanna-Dance.gif

Rih wouldn't be caught dead on a track with those who flops. And you don't even need a rapper, Left-Eye had no rap on that song.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I don't know why he is being so vicious. I mean, it's not like there wasn't a time when Rihanna was opening for the likes of Nicole Shitsinger.

Rihanna opened for Nicole Scherzinger, and now is embarking on a WW tour. Nicole headlined tours as a member of PCD, and has since went on to go on a 7 date UK tour.

Nemesis_

WANT YOU TO MAKE ME FEEL

LIKE IM THE ONLY GIRL IN THE WORLD

LIKE IM THE ONLY ONE THAT YOU'LL EVER LOVE

Iconic anthem of our generation.

That video still makes me laugh.

It DID remind me about just how try hard and mediocre Your Body really was (the music video was good).

It was better than quite a few other songs that were on the radio, but that doesn't change that it was never hit worthy.

botty

Banned
After listening to Born This Way instrumentals on repeat all day, I have come to the conclusion that BTW has some of the best production value ever. These beats are really, really, great.

ib25jES5wMIE0P.gif

royalan

That video still makes me laugh.

It DID remind me about just how try hard and mediocre Your Body really was (the music video was good).

It was better than quite a few other songs that were on the radio, but that doesn't change that it was never hit worthy.

Ch...BYE

I just watched that whole video with Your Body playing less than two hours ago and I have already forgotten everything about the song. No matter how many times I listen to the song (probably a dozen times since it was released) it is the same. No impact at all.

If that isn't a clear sign of mediocrity nothing is.

The public obviously agreed.

royalan

I just watched that whole video with Your Body playing less than two hours ago and I have already forgotten everything about the song. No matter how many times I listen to the song (probably a dozen times since it was released) it is the same. No impact at all.

If that isn't a clear sign of mediocrity nothing is.

The public obviously agreed.

Funny, the same thing happens to me whenever a 1D song or ad for American Idol comes on.

Anyway, y'all got until the end of this year before the Queen returns.

#Rejuvenated #LotustheReUp

Funny, the same thing happens to me whenever a 1D song or ad for American Idol comes on.

Anyway, y'all got until the end of this year before the Queen returns.

#Rejuvenated #LotustheReUp

Whatever you say. Though it is far less convincing when you conveniently come up with the SAME explanation for why you don't like my fav as I just said about yours. #Navy levels of creativity if I ever did see them.

Fighters getting excited again is almost amusing though. When you stan a flop the best course of action is to always set low expectations. Will you never learn?

The epic disappointment you will experience when your "third times the charm" falls through will give me life.

iQHaVT6cwa3gc.gif

royalan

Whatever you say. Though it is far less convincing when you conveniently come up with the SAME explanation for why you don't like my fav as I just said about yours. #Navy levels of creativity if I ever did see them.

Fighters getting excited again is almost amusing though. When you stan a flop the best course of action is to always set low expectations. Will you never learn?

The epic disappointment you will experience when your "third times the charm" falls through will give me life.

iQHaVT6cwa3gc.gif

LOL - you say that as if I'm the first person here to think of 1D as nothing more than absolutely forgettable.

And who said anything about high expectations besides you?

royalan

Beyoncé gets behind Kylie Minogue's latest bid to crack America

Beyoncé has taken Aussie singer Kylie Minogue under her wing to help the star finally crack the US market.

Kylie signed a surprise management deal last year with Roc Nation – the company founded by Beyoncé’s husband Jay-Z – and it was the Single Ladies star who made it happen.

‘Kylie hadn’t long announced her semi-retirement from music when Beyoncé intervened and got her on board,’ said our spy.

‘She quickly convinced Jay-Z to get a contract drafted up and made sure the lawyers sealed the deal before anybody else had a chance.

‘Now, she’s unofficially mentoring the Spinning Around star, overseeing her transition from camp to cutting-edge.’

Despite racking up more than 68 million sales since her 1987 debut, Kylie’s last two singles failed to make the UK Top 30.

The 44-year-old, pictured right, was recently spotted arriving in LA for what appeared to be a long stay. Now Beyoncé, 31, left, is introducing her to friends and contacts.

‘This could be described as her pet project,’ our source added. ‘Not least because Kylie still hasn’t fully cracked America. With the Roc Nation team involved, it could be epic.’

Daily Fail...

There is so much wrong with this I could rage.

Kylie Minogue is a QUEEN. She does not need that JESTER to show her how to go from camp to "cutting edge." As if BEYONCE of all mush-mouthed degenerates would know what the hell that even means. Kylie has been a creative force her entire career, whereas the last time Beyonce was "cutting edge" was in her mama's old hair salon.

Aphrodite>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Beyonce's entire discography.

Kylie Minogue's tours>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Beyonce

LOL - you say that as if I'm the first person here to think of 1D as nothing more than absolutely forgettable.

And who said anything about high expectations besides you?

Come on. Lets not pretend "#Rejuvenated #LotustheReUp", the talk of how her trip is going to inspire her, talking about new music this year, and most of all claiming credit for Feel This Moment's success isn't designed to raise expectations.

You may not actually BELIEVE it
I would like to think the Fighters are not that deluded
, but you are saying it anyways.

The defensiveness speaks for itself. I come for one (flop) song and you respond with a wholesale attack on my favs which were no way connected to the discussion. Hell, I never even called the song bad...... just forgettable and meh (which it is).

iblt0jrZAGs4Zo.gif

royalan

Come on. Lets not pretend "#Rejuvenated #LotustheReUp", the talk of how her trip is going to inspire her, talking about new music this year, and most of claiming credit for Feel This Moment's success isn't designed to raise expectations. You may not actually BELIEVE it, but you are saying it anyways.

The defensiveness speaks for itself. I come for one (flop) song and you respond with a wholesale attack on my favs which were no way connected to the discussion. Hell, I never even called the song bad...... just forgettable and meh (which it is).

iblt0jrZAGs4Zo.gif

LOL - what? I responded to your attack with "Ch...BYE"

You're the one who got all pissy. #ChrisBrown

Besides, let's not pretend she doesn't deserve some credit for Feel This Moment's success. It's Pitbull's fourth single from this album, and yet it's the only one with a shot of making the Top 5. Coincidence? I think not.

Lotus: The Re-Up will slay lives

Lotus: The Re-Up will slay lives

Bionic slayed her "body". Lotus slayed her career. I guess life is the only thing she has left TO be taken.

I actually agree that Xtina makes Feel This Moment, but I REALLY don't like that type of song for her own albums.

I think she is far better off using her name recognition and reputation as a vocalist to make something classy and tasteful instead of shit like:

All I wanna do is love your body
Oooooh ooooh oooooh oooooooh
Tonight's your lucky night, I know you want it
Oooooh ooooh oooooh oooooooh

I want her to be more like Adele and less like Ke$ha.

Delio

I only remember liking one song from them, but I never really listened to much.

Their lead is pretty adorable though, and one of the band members stans Kelly so they cannot be all that bad.

I really love them. Even though they shift through bandmates like all the time.

Nemesis_

People are coming for Xtina way too much. There is NO dispuTing it, that song only did as well as it could have because of her vocals. Her tone fits PERFECTLY for the song and the pressed haters will have to deal.

And I want to reply to Rob but I don't know what she is saying #RIP

DMeisterJ

Banned
WANT YOU TO MAKE ME FEEL

LIKE IM THE ONLY GIRL IN THE WORLD

LIKE IM THE ONLY ONE THAT YOU'LL EVER LOVE

Iconic anthem of our generation.

I had a momenT while listening to that song yesterday. Only girl is probably one of the best lead singles any of the girls have had the pleasure of releasing.

People are coming for Xtina way too much. There is NO dispuTing it, that song only did as well as it could have because of her vocals. Her tone fits PERFECTLY for the song and the pressed haters will have to deal.

And I want to reply to Rob but I don't know what she is saying #RIP

Song was garbage and so is her taste. There were plenty of successful styles for her to jump on but she chose wrong.

Servbot24

Banned
I'm trying to make a list of my favorite modern pop songs but I'm gonna need to extend it past 25 to keep it from being an exclusive Nadia Oh, Ke$ha and Girls Aloud showing. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom