• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

So i've just discovered something called vouguing. Or at least I think it's called that, not entirely sure.

WTF did I just watch
ibsDyTL7k3pC7D.gif

I understand what waffles is talking about to an extent. Prince has like 40 albums out there, but odds are the general public wouldn't be able to name 4 of them without googling. But if you asked the same question about Michael Jackson most people can start naming a majority of his discography. Though, that is just what comes with being the most influential pop act to ever exist... so I can see why the comparison might be a bit unfair.

How hard is it to remember 6 shitty, over hyped (including the greatest hits) solo albums tho?

I think I just read that Thriller was a shit album.

kesha.gif

You did indeed.

botty

Banned
How hard is it to remember 6 shitty, over hyped (including the greatest hits) solo albums tho?

Even if everyone who remembered his music as "shitty," it would still be memorable. So what does that say about someone who has released more content, and has less memorable material from both a bad perspective and positive one? Of course this is just playing with the idea that Michael's music is "shitty," which evidently isn't the truth.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Just watched more of this voguing.

what kind of fierceness is this
iIgSBC5mdYVG1.gif

I know! Part 6 is just doing everything for me right now. Wish they did these kinda things near me

Edit: Jesus Christ, luigi nearly roundhouse kicked someone in the head

Even if everyone who remembered his music as "shitty," it would still be memorable. So what does that say about someone who has released more content, and has less memorable material from both a bad perspective and positive one? Of course this is just playing with the idea that Michael's music is "shitty," which evidently isn't the truth.

It says the music buying populace at large likes its music bland and easily digestible.

1. "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" SHIT
2. "Baby Be Mine" SHIT
3. "The Girl Is Mine" (with Paul McCartney) SHITE
4. "Thriller" UNHOLY SHIT
5. "Beat It" SHIT
6. "Billie Jean" SHIT
7. "Human Nature" - Aight
8. "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)" - Eh...
9. "The Lady in My Life" BORING SHIT

To get this, after the Holy Offering the was Off The Wall was an affront to my delicate nature. Add to the fact that it was overplayed to death, everywhere, and you had to watch the making of Thriller every time the Thriller video came on... UGH! The 80's were a trying time children, trying in the extreme.

royalan

How can someone hate on Thriller tho? Thriller.

That albums has Thriller, PYT, Beat It, The Lady in my Life and Human Nature.

I really can't right now...

It says the music buying populace at large likes its music bland and easily digestible.

2. "Baby Be Mine" SHIT
5. "Beat It" SHIT
6. "Billie Jean" SHIT

To get this, after the Holy Offering the was Off The Wall was an affront to my delicate nature. Add to the fact that it was overplayed to death, everywhere, and you had to watch the making of Thriller every time the Thriller video came on... UGH! The 80's were a trying time children, trying in the extreme.

This post...

irhvIlUaN01T8.gif

Trigger

Lordt, that Luigi voguinG
r4CiE.png

2. "Baby Be Mine" SHIT
5. "Beat It" SHIT
6. "Billie Jean" SHIT

AO0yP.gif

botty

Banned

2. "Baby Be Mine" SHIT
5. "Beat It" SHIT
6. "Billie Jean" SHIT

What exactly is bland about Thriller? Most of the songs on there tell a story, and have great production. The album is pretty ground breaking in its delivery, and the era is iconic to pop history.

Maybe you find them bland because most of Michael's music lacks the perverse tone of Prince's discography?

2. "Baby Be Mine" SHIT
5. "Beat It" SHIT
6. "Billie Jean" SHIT

As per, I completely agree.

Fey

Banned
All I know is that Madonna stole it (as per) from gay men, and brought it to the general public.

i hope you are joking rn, botty
ug8t7KZ.gif

2. "Baby Be Mine" SHIT
5. "Beat It" SHIT
6. "Billie Jean" SHIT

rob......................

waffle, you've been dethroned already.

edit: i agree with the thought that MJ wasn't as great or creative as he is often made out to be but these songs are not THAT bad. thriller is a fantastic album.

royalan

They're anything BUT flawless right now.

MJ's genius and Thriller's impact are undeniable. It goes beyond whether or not you even personally use it. The sheer influence and impact cannot be denied without looking absolutely crazy...

Mau ®

They're anything BUT flawless right now.

MJ's genius and Thriller's impact are undeniable. It goes beyond whether or not you even personally use it. The sheer influence and impact cannot be denied without looking absolutely crazy...

Ugh Im high right now I can't think straight!!

Nonetheless I think you're beautiful, Roy. And you're one of my faves. Not as much as Marius tho. He's like THE HOLY GRAIL OF POP-GAF.

royalan

Ugh Im high right now I can't think straight!!

Nonetheless I think you're beautiful, Roy. And you're one of my faves. Not as much as Marius tho. He's like THE HOLY GRAIL OF POP-GAF.

And yet you have yet to bless my inbox. ;___;

You're precious. *.*

Mumei

Well, when JHud is actually using her mix properly I think she CAN have a bigger voice than Bey. The Broadway songs she did for this season of Smash were a HUGE step up for her over Dreamgirls. She's matured a lot. Surprised me.

But let me stop before Mumei comes and clocks me. We all know how much he loves Beyonce.

Besides, I was there for Anika Noni Rose, who really clocks them both. #TheaterTraining

I think Jennifer does have a bigger and heavier voice than Beyonce (and Mariah and Christina and some other people). The problem is that she has no idea how to use it, especially in the upper belt. Her G5 was completely covered by average Eb5 from Beyonce at one point, and that shouldn't happen when she has a bigger and heavier voice.

And Anika didn't clock them both. She needs to get her ears checked, and one screechy mixed C6 does not a clocking make.

Satch

Banned
I think Jennifer does have a bigger and heavier voice than Beyonce (and Mariah and Christina and some other people). The problem is that she has no idea how to use it, especially in the upper belt. Her G5 was completely covered by average Eb5 from Beyonce at one point, and that shouldn't happen when she has a bigger and heavier voice.

And Anika didn't clock them both. She needs to get her ears checked, and one screechy mixed C6 does not a clocking make.

how long has your tag said that

Mau ®

I love you, ITZ.

Tell us more.

iBqoswAcbh8X6.gif

You're actually the one I RIHlate the most. IDK why. You and Bladenic. You both are so flawless and amazing.

Why is iT that the Fighters are the best peeps around?!?! Why can't the #Navy be this amazing?

I mean DMJ is angry (but if you picture him as Snow its cute!), and Im high all timE. Although Trigger is like a phucking Saint and Cory is so normal and well grounded. Which is why he was paid DUST at the nicest member noms ;___; But I love Cory I need him to know that!!!

royalan

Also, Cory is from Philly. Of course he's flawless.

Trig is pretty flawless too though.

Lots of competition in that category. No CLEAR winner....unlike the 2000 Best New Artist Grammy race.

cory64

Cory is so normal and well grounded. Which is why he was paid DUST at the nicest member noms ;___; But I love Cory I need him to know that!!!

preacH. i was shocked when he wasn't nominated.

I agree. Cory is like vanilla. Flaw-free and normal, but still amazing. It is why he was paid dusT.

Also, Cory is from Philly. Of course he's flawless.

Trig is pretty flawless too though.

Lots of competition in that category. No CLEAR winner....unlike the 2000 Best New Artist Grammy race.

fiction fabrication and Taylor Swift's vocals.
<3 yall

3phemeral

Speaking of which, Nicole did a rendition of "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina" recently for an Andrew Loyd Weber tribute and decided not to employ that faux rock vocal she likes to use from time to time (which wouldn't have been appropriate anyway).

What do you think?

I'm actually liked the clarity she had with her belts.

What exactly is bland about Thriller? Most of the songs on there tell a story, and have great production. The album is pretty ground breaking in its delivery, and the era is iconic to pop history.

Songs have been telling stories for eons, MJ did nothing new there. My problem with MJ (and to the same extent Gaga) is that you can tell under the artifice, that there's actual talent there. But rather than use that talent to make music for the "music listener" you use it to make "music" for the "music consumer." So instead of making art, personal to you, you're marketing a product to be consumed by as many people as possible.

MJ as an artist left me unconvinced that what he was peddling was the real deal. Prince could have easily followed up Purple Rain with Purple Rain pt 2, but he threw out a curve ball (against the record company's wishes) and we got Raspberry Beret out of it. Did he lose a large portion of his PR audience? Shit yes. But the better question is, did he care? Nope, not a lick.

Maybe you find them bland because most of Michael's music lacks the perverse tone of Prince's discography?

Maybe if MJ let some perversion into his music he wouldn't have had to molest cancer patients.

I don't think I even want to know what Robido does like. :(
From last.fm:
ibmRTMBCUN2V13.png

Men.
Dicks.
Male anus.
Dicks.
Big Men.
Big Dicks.
Prince.
You didn't lie.

3phemeral

That Nicole vocal was lovely. She should consider Broadway seriously.

It's a testament that maybe her output should be managed more closely, as opposed to chasing that pop stardom. The only vocals I've enjoyed from her thus far have been mainly ballads from her non-solo albums and most of these side-project undertakings, like her stint in Rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom