• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

I had a dream about you last night. *.*

We were sitting on the floor eating rice and peas on paper plates and watching reruns of Daria. *.*

RRROOOY *.*

Daria was awesome. But I'd love to watch the new Game of Thrones with you together. Watching the show and talking about Beyoncé...and stuff *.*

But thats not to say that what I said was a lie

Katy Perry has no place in the trinity, it is Beyonce/Gaga/Rihanna
until Britney returns with #8, now take several seats I will not
be pouring more of this tea. end of
iRkUAlrTMVf9x.gif

Marius: "NO U! I R TEH WINNARS!"

Me: "Whatever you say....... *walks away slowly*"

iOPnpNZDgOLba.gif

Mau ®

RRROOOY *.*

Daria was awesome. But I'd love to watch the new Game of Thrones with you together. Watching the show and talking about Beyoncé...and stuff *.*

I imagine a Beyoncé discussion between you and Roy would make for pretty awesome, angry sex *.*

Aguila

#ICONIC
I keep replaying Bey's commercial

TheylikethewayIwalk

Cause I walk with a vengeance

And theylistentome-when-I-talk

Cause I aint pretendin

Took a while now I understand

Just where I’m going

IknowtheworldandIknow-who-I-am

Bout time I show it

iVAEepdAhG4rT.gif

Artemisia

Banned
But thats not to say that what I said was a lie

Katy Perry has no place in the trinity, it is Beyonce/Gaga/Rihanna
until Britney returns with #8, now take several seats I will not
be pouring more of this tea. end of
iRkUAlrTMVf9x.gif

Britney doesn't belong in the trinity anymore.

royalan

RRROOOY *.*

OMG - Game of Thrones is only one episode in and I'm ALREADY slayed! *.*

PM me about the stuff.*.*

royalan

I agree that Britney is still within striking distance of the trinity. She's a lifeless zombie and shell of her former self, but her brand is still hot and she has yet to truly flop (well, some consider "Blackout" a flop, but it at least had radio hits along with critical acclaim and the. legitimate excuse of Britney having a mental breakdown during its release).

her impact was still shown with Scream and Shout
she can still deliver hits, she just has to promote her albums instead of singles which she barely did for FF
so yes she does

iRkUAlrTMVf9x.gif

So how many people exactly are in your trinity? 6/7?

Bey belongs there because of hypothetical future success.

Gaga belongs there for "impact" (whatever that means) despite recent radio flops.

You don't dispute Rihanna.

Britney belongs there because if she were less incompetent she might be able to slay.

Does Xtina belong there because in a hypothetical world she can still sing?

Does Kelly belong there because in an alternate reality she still gets more than one hit per album?

I am sure you will work Taylor in there somehow as well (she actually has a legit case).

iRkUAlrTMVf9x.gif

#Mess

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Umm I just said there is Beyonce/Gaga/Rihanna

Britney will replace Rihanna when she comes back

and mess at you putting Kelly and trinity in the same sentence

its how its been and its how its going to stay
iRkUAlrTMVf9x.gif

Mau ®

Britney doesn't belong in the trinity anymore.

Indeed she doesnt.

Not only did FF took a hard nosedive from Circus (which didnt sell that much for its time and hype) but her touring prowess has seen a HUGE decline, her lates tour failed to even reach 50% of the previous one made (despite lower prices and aggresive promo deals). I mean we had to do a 80% off her tickets a few days before the show because the demand just wasnt there.

X-Factor was a bust for her, no matter what paycheck took place. S&S is a good prospect, but not enough to be considered for trinity comeback. I just dont see it for her anymore, sadly. I doubt she cares though.

Umm I just said there is Beyonce/Gaga/Rihanna

Britney will replace Rihanna when she comes back

and mess at you putting Kelly and trinity in the same sentence

its how its been and its how its going to stay
iRkUAlrTMVf9x.gif

lol, if Britney comes back the LAST person she will be replacing is Rihanna.

The delusion.

ivmv5kT9ATGB4.gif

(...and there is no doubt Kelly was in the Trinity in 05. She and Mariah were the only pop girls producing hits of any kind. You will deal.)

Artemisia

Banned
gurl bye at britney replacing rihanna

For the past 5 years Rihanna has been doing everything Britney has better. Not to mention that to much of the GP, Britney is a joke that doesn't get any respect.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
gurl bye at britney replacing rihanna

For the past 5 years Rihanna has been doing everything Britney has better. Not to mention that to much of the GP, Britney is a joke that doesn't get any respect.

listen you this is the last and only time I praise Britney in this thread the rest I will leave to the flop Army

Britney might be seen as a joke to many but she is still seen as the embodiment of a popstar, even the public still praises her because she is still Britney fucking Spears. They can call her crazy, they can call her fake, a lip syncing no talent mess yet they will still bop to her music and remember her iconic moments every second of it. Rihanna hasn't done anything in the past 5 years to inspired anyone except Roc Nation to make more clones of her, all the main girls still praise Britney as an inspiration from Gaga to Miley and everyone in between and when she comes with a new album her producers make sure she pushes a new and/or developing sound to the mainstream that the rest of the trollops quickly try to follow. Producers still lined up to work with her and radio still uses her. With Will.I.am pushing her new album the promo will be there to not have a repeat of FF which will be enough to outshine Rihanna

and funny that you think Rihanna is respected, the only things respectable thing she has done was that Grammy Stay performance aside from that everyone still treats her like a nominee
naomireads.gif

How would you rank the hierarchy of the Trinity then? If Rihanna is going to be displaced and you stan Gaga my guess would be Gaga>Bey>Rih right?

How do you justify placing two artists coming off down era's (or in Bey's case a flop era) above an artist who has been consistently slaying for 5/6 years now? You can argue that Bey and Gaga have an edge over Katy because of touring, but that edge doesn't really exist verses Rih, while Rihanna slays them both when it comes to hits.

why do y'all even care about this arbitrary fan-made hierarchy anyway?

we all know the trinity is nelly furtado/carly rae jepsen/macklemore anyway

It's a far more productive discussion that what generally happens in this thread.

I like these kind of discussions tbh.

Yeah I do as well. I like zooming out and looking at the larger picture/structure of the pop music scene from time to time.

Sure the idea of a "Trinity" is kind of silly since there could easily be 4/5 girls at the top, or only one. Either way it is interesting to see the arguments people come up with to support their theories.

Posted this a couple pages back and was paid absolute DUST.

Still it's a bop. And I know I stan Azealia, but Missy E will always be my rapper queen

Yeah, the music video leaked as well. It is a fun song but the video is rather samey with Wings.

royalan

Posted this a couple pages back and was paid absolute DUST.

Still it's a bop. And I know I stan Azealia, but Missy E will always be my rapper queen

Your rapper queen?

Missy is THE rapper queen.

EDIT:

Personally, I like a mix of these discussions. Focusing too much on the numbers leads people to construct arguments like "Prince is second-rate with no impact."

EDIT 2:

On the flip side, focusing too much on the emotional aspects of things leads people to construct arguments like "Michael Jackson sucks and Thriller is a shit album and everything inspired by Thriller is also shit."

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Your rapper queen?

Didn't want to step on any toes

Higher quality of the track can be found here anyway

Whatever did happen to Missy's comeback? I recall she released two tracks then disappeared again

royalan

Didn't want to step on any toes

Higher quality of the track can be found here anyway

Whatever did happen to Missy's comeback? I recall she released two tracks then disappeared again

Missy is still coming. It's just that those two singles she did with Timbaland were both critical and commercial failures (which, to be fair, most people blame on Tim). So I think she is regrouping.

Your rapper queen?

EDIT:

Personally, I like a mix of these discussions. Focusing too much on the numbers leads people to construct arguments like "Prince is second-rate with no impact."

EDIT 2:

On the flip side, focusing too much on the emotional aspects of things leads people to construct arguments like "Michael Jackson sucks and Thriller is a shit album and everything inspired by Thriller is also shit."

You know already that I was pretty much trolling, but at least get my trolling correct when you refer to it.......

It was Prince had great music, but had second rate popularity/impact dammit!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Missy is still coming. It's just that those two singles she did with Timbaland were both critical and commercial failures (which, to be fair, most people blame on Tim). So I think she is regrouping.

Just gone back to check on them and they're both nearly 8 mins each. Truly a foresight into 20/20

Edit: Or maybe not, just think it's the two songs in one D:

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Get Ur Freak On Slays

So does "Work it", "Lose Control" and some others. Missy Goddess of Rap because Queen its Reductive like Cher its the Goddess of Pop while Madonna its only a Queen.

Mau ®

Missy Elliot was THE SHIT back then. Im hoping Timbaland's recent batch of good production with 20/20 was not a fluke and it does carry over to Missy as well.

And yeah, I still consider her the Rapper Queen. Nobody else comes close the her level of output from back in the day. Also her jams would still sound fresh TODAY.

Matt_

Did Missy ever have any clashes with other people ala Lil Kim x Nicki and Azealia x Everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom