• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

4vixII0.jpg

Would one of the most iconic & successful high luxury brands lie?

tumblr_mkkvgliAio1rw3lrno1_500.gif

Why?

How is it really different than the pointless dragging back and forth that normally goes on? At least with this discussion people have to take more into account than just "well you are wrong and your fav sucks".
i like when we talk about music most.

i've recently embraced when we go batshit insane with shade because at least that's fun.

i don't like when we put on a pseduointellectual facade to measure things like "impact" in order to rank faves in an imaginary hierarchy when we all know damn well that nobody's opinion is going to change. i'm not saying that there's no room for sales-age because that's what top 40 pop depends upon and critical analysis of the music industry is interesting, but with this particular conversation we could at least drop the pretense than it's anything more productive than a glorified stan war- a stan war that's not even fun because no one is using gifs
iOA3AtNMRYoJO.png

Mau ®

Ok I just saw Bey's Pepsi commercial. My main complaint its that it seems to be more of a Beyoncé Teaser for the new era than a Pepsi campaign tbh...

That being said

That song is FIRE!!!!!! I've LOVED ALL the #FFFFFFFFFFFFive songs so far *.*

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Ok I just saw Bey's Pepsi commercial. My main complaint its that it seems to be more of a Beyoncé Teaser for the new era than a Pepsi campaign tbh...

That being said

That song is FIRE!!!!!! I've LOVED ALL the #FFFFFFFFFFFFive songs so far *.*

waiT. You're complaining that its not enough of a commercial for pepsi?

Artemisia

Banned
listen you this is the last and only time I praise Britney in this thread the rest I will leave to the flop Army

Britney might be seen as a joke to many but she is still seen as the embodiment of a popstar, even the public still praises her because she is still Britney fucking Spears. They can call her crazy, they can call her fake, a lip syncing no talent mess yet they will still bop to her music and remember her iconic moments every second of it. Rihanna hasn't done anything in the past 5 years to inspired anyone except Roc Nation to make more clones of her, all the main girls still praise Britney as an inspiration from Gaga to Miley and everyone in between and when she comes with a new album her producers make sure she pushes a new and/or developing sound to the mainstream that the rest of the trollops quickly try to follow. Producers still lined up to work with her and radio still uses her. With Will.I.am pushing her new album the promo will be there to not have a repeat of FF which will be enough to outshine Rihanna

and funny that you think Rihanna is respected, the only things respectable thing she has done was that Grammy Stay performance aside from that everyone still treats her like a nominee
naomireads.gif

Britney once was the embodiment of a pop star, but now her image is that of a fallen celebrity trying to emulate past success. Most of what would qualify her as being in the pop trinity is in the past. She still has chart success, but her influence is long gone. When people say they are inspired by Britney, I can bet you they sure as hell aren't talking about Blackout and the following eras. They are remembering the Britney who had it all together and was relentlessly slaying.

Rihanna has been on a complete upwards track since her debut, and shows no signs of slowing down. She has universal appeal. I don't understand how Britney who is a shell of her former self can punch Rihanna, currently at the top of her game, out of the trinity. She isn't going anywhere.

16llef6-jpg.gif

Fey

Banned
ewww finally saw the pepsi commercial, song sounds bad. does not sound like the song she needs right now. though i suppose they could suit & tie the shit out of it.
^ kelly and beyonce in the same week? well well well

and WHERE is the conclusion to servbot's list?

4b51ryo.gif
4b51ryo.gif
4b51ryo.gif

Koodo

Banned
WaiT

Signs? Chile... that song ain't even fit to be a bonus track. It's the most ridiculous song I have ever heard.

Artemisia

Banned
Countdown might be the most awful Beyonce song in existence. No wait, there's Love on Top.

i agree wholeheartedly with love on flop.

Words cannot describe how much I loathe Countdown.

Where is Te Amo and Wait Your Turn?
on the list with the shitty songs...

ibokPpcEgtk8uO.gif

Bye.

The entire Rated R album is flawless. Except Russian Roulette, of course.

o another page of flop opinions
hEGEFTU.gif

Mau ®

waiT. You're complaining that its not enough of a commercial for pepsi?

Im majoring in marketing. I wanna see what the brand (Pepsi) does.

So far, Bey seems to be getting more out of this than Pepsi. We'll see when the full campaign hits. Also there doesnt seem to be any kind of visual consistency in this campaing, the first promo images were completely different to the pop-art-styled images and now this video goes for an entirely different visual identity.

Poor Pepsi. So misguided.

Mau ®

Great Rih choices, Rob!

I see your fave albums are Talk That Talk and Unapologetic. I've recently gone back to listening to TTT and I like it more now than before. You could argue its actually better than LOUD. Oop.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Willing to Wait
Breaking Dishes
Raining Men
We All Want Love
Roc Me Out
Right Now
What Now

No Pon De Replay
No S&M
No Phresh out the Runway
No Hard
No Jump

2095c354.gif
2095c354.gif
2095c354.gif
2095c354.gif
2095c354.gif

Does anyone have :biblio:, I seem to have lost iT

Great Rih choices, Rob!

I see your fave albums are Talk That Talk and Unapologetic. I've recently gone back to listening to TTT and I like it more now than before. You could argue its actually better than LOUD. Oop.

magic9ubjp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom