• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to find a horror flick.

c3ed7b23.gif

Just watch a Rihanna video.

c3ed7b23.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Ch... its time you girls stopped trying to bring down the head bitches

who was the highest paid female singer of 2012 when the Trash was releasing more albums, Britney bitch

who just got another huge paycheck for just sitting in a chair and saying meaningless sentences.

who just got another top single without even promoting it

whose perfumes still outsell your faves discography

the trash aint ever doing it
tumblr_me6q6ajdrP1r3ty02o1_r1_500.gif

royalan

Rihanna is the queen.

How is this even argued anymore?

Exercise in the utmost delusion.

Also, I disagree about the Oprah interview. I think Rihanna comes off very unlikable in her personal life (basically all of social media), but she's usually GREAT in her interviews. Very spontaneous and real, and surprisingly intelligent (Sorry, Bey stans). Her Oprah interview is the highest rated one for a reason.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I thought you were straight though?

I see this deflection.

#Facts are that Arte and itz didn't lie.

16llef6-jpg.gif

Also, I disagree about the Oprah interview. I think Rihanna comes off very unlikable in her personal life (basically all of social media), but she's usually GREAT in her interviews. Very spontaneous and real, and surprisingly intelligent (Sorry, Bey stans). Her Oprah interview is the highest rated one for a reason.

Agrihd. I found that most funny coming from the Bey stan who's fave came off as tryhard and fake in her interview, whereas Rih came off a real, and relatable.

Mau ®

Has SHITNEY even sold out an european stadium in ha life? Or an african one?

The poor thing tried to tour South America on the CAREER FATALITY TOUR to truly DISASTROUS RESULTS. The BTW Ball would look like a fucking success when compared to it. The ZOMBIE was forced to change from a 50k stadium to an auditorium of max capacity of 8k to save face. The smallest audience she's ever played since the OOPS tour.

Let's not even DELVE into the fact that her team tried to cut costs in everything. They removed the runway for the european tour and she had cut like 3 songs so she cut save expenses on the props. By the time the show hit Latin America a lot of her stage was mysteriously gone.

The Shitney stans have kept much of this information quiet but I can keep RIHvealing the skeletons and worms that plague her ever decaying career. The baboons better not TEMPT ME.

HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A DISGRUNTLED STAN.

botty

Banned

The poor thing tried to tour South America on the CAREER FATALITY TOUR to truly DISASTROUS RESULTS. The BTW Ball would look like a fucking success when compared to it. The ZOMBIE was forced to change from a 50k stadium to an auditorium of max capacity of 8k to save face. The smallest audience she's ever played since the OOPS tour.

Let's not even DELVE into the fact that her team tried to cut costs in everything. They removed the runway for the european tour and she had cut like 3 songs so she cut save expenses on the props. By the time the show hit Latin America a lot of her stage was mysteriously gone.

The Shitney stans have kept much of this information quiet but I can keep RIHvealing the skeletons and worms that plague her ever decaying career. The baboons better not TEMPT ME.

go iN
ibgAPDBKESj2vd.gif

gyal i have the ultimate shade for you

inthezone
(Today, 12:12 AM)

DMeisterJ

Banned

FINISH HIM. DON'T STOP GOING IN

#icant at the tour receipts for the femme fatale tour.

Poor Brit.

moulels

I'm so confused, is everyone role-stan-playing or what?
4c6Jcn7.png

Why is your nick 'inthezone'?
4c6Jcn7.png

4c6Jcn7.png

ibz9J8YBqteovv.gif

SLAY THEM

royalan

Agrihd. I found that most funny coming from the Bey stan who's fave came off as tryhard and fake in her interview, whereas Rih came off a real, and relatable.

Yep.

I watched them both and, no tea no shade, it really was like night and day.

Rih and Oprah sat on the couch like mother and daughter catching up and having a kii together. You got the feeling that no subject was off the table and Rihanna answered each question with honesty, emotion, grace, and even a bit of humor.

The Beyonce interview was pretty much Oprah sitting next to a blank-faced Beyonce trying to guide her through the interview the entire time. "Let me just tell you how much of an inspiration you are to women! You just INSPIRE! It was so INSPIRING when you inspired people that one time! Bla bla bla..."

Really pathetic in comparison.

Bladenic

I can't with all these non-stans arguing over people they don't even like (although Marius does actually like Rih). Rihanna, her power.

royalan

I can't with all these non-stans arguing over people they don't even like (although Marius does actually like Rih). Rihanna, her power.

I mean, if we're going to have a conversation about who owns the throne right now, it would be disingenuous to not admit that Rihanna has a stronger claim than most.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Can't let them see me weak, I need to find something
Is there any possibility that everyone feels like me?

Ashtrays and heartbreaks
I lost some, let's toast to one
So put 'em high, lets reminisce
You're gonna aim, but you'll never miss

ibmCAqAioT210d.gif

Mau ®

Rih and Oprah sat on the couch like mother and daughter catching up and having a kii together. You got the feeling that no subject was off the table and Rihanna answered each question with honesty, emotion, grace, and even a bit of humor.

And it truly was a fearless interview in every sense. When Oprah asked if Chris was "her one true, real love" she answered head on. She admitted what basically everyone out there didnt want to hear and she owned it.

If Rihanna was a controlled puppet, that answer would've been entirely different. I dont think people give her credit for that, however misguided her choice is.

Koodo

Banned
nnnnnn, the self-clock of someone dragging Britney with the username inthezone.

When will Rihanus inspire a username?

iEJ8PuZ2hWBY5.gif

Bladenic

I mean, if we're going to have a conversation about who owns the throne right now, it would be disingenuous to not admit that Rihanna has a stronger claim than most.

I wasn't arguing anything. Rihanna definitely has a stronger claim than most. However, I find it somewhat difficult to say she's top tier, probably upper mid tier imo. She's bigger than Britney's current incarnation though. And Marius using receipts such as X-Factor is useless, as that position and paycheck are going off her name alone and (mostly) pop legend status. There's a reason she's not coming for another season.

Edit: do ya'll really like that Major Lazer song featuring Disney's Ex Princess and Snoop "not dogg anymore"? Beat is lackluster, Miley's voice is auto tuned to absolute hell (you can feel Ke$ha blushing) and let's not even begin with Snoop's parts.

royalan

And it truly was a fearless interview in every sense. When Oprah asked if Chris was "her one true, real love" she answered head on. She admitted what basically everyone out there didnt want to hear and she owned it.

If Rihanna was a controlled puppet, that answer would've been entirely different. I dont think people give her credit for that, however misguided her choice is.

Mmmhmmm.

I was actually surprised at how honest she was about the whole Chris Brown thing. The part where she admitted being angry that the incident got out to the public because she felt like it robbed her of her right to have an opinion, or even a emotional reaction, over something very real that happened to her was really eye-opening and brave.

And yeah, if Rih was a controlled puppet that entire segment would have gone differently. Hell, it wouldn't have even aired. We'd have gotten entire segments rehashing how "inspiring" she was, instead.

Talking with various people over the disaster that is the Billboard formula I had been toying around with alternative formulas for a while. I got bored and decided to try out my own, except it would be based on worldwide data rather than US only, and rank artists instead of songs.

Rankings are based off Album Sales>Single Sales>Popgaf Last.fm>Youtube views. The data does not always line up (meaning the same time periods are not exactly covered), but there is not much I can do about that since we get itunes data real time yet WW album sales are delayed a week. My formula is designed to cap out the amount of points an artist can get from a single area, meaning that it will be much harder to go #1 with JUST Youtube or JUST album sales.

If you want your listens to count you will need to join Nem's Popgaf Last.fm group

Anyways, I may make this a weekly thing if I can work out a system to compile all the data that isn't a complete pain in the ass. Not for everyone, but I enjoy it.

tmuYQok.png

ikIp6pn.png

T04pLEO.png

sBUWoq6.png

0t6YioA.png

spzfV1P.png

jfJBLMB.png

EOJf2Wt.png

w8QJd0J.png

6RXtJa7.png

DmArQvi.png

Bubbling under (in no particular order): Lady Gaga, Will.I.Am, Taylor Swift, Demi Lovoto, Lumineers

I will make less lame graphics later.

Nemesis_

If you want your listens to count you will need to join Nem's Popgaf Last.fm group

Yes, join: http://www.last.fm/group/PopGAF

You don't even need to do anything too arduous - install the client, listen to music and it automatically adds the tracks to your listens.

I've got it on my laptop, car computer, Spotify Mobile.

So there's literally not one song that will go unturned for me ;_;

Look at those rankings, those with tasTe need to change it up.

let me spam some songs and fuck up waffle's formula

Won't work.

The formula is based off how many members listen to an artist. It doesn't matter whether you listen to that artist once or a thousand times. Not perfect, but it prevents abuse.

It also means that everyone's plays count equally. Even if they only listen a few hours a week.

(I may adjust it to include individual plays later, but with a cap.)

Shouldn't Britney be replaced with Will.I.Am??????????

Will.I.Am is in the bubbling under.

When collabs occur the artists share points for song sales. They do not share youtube views or Last.fm plays (assuming that both also have solo songs being played), and Brit was ahead in both of those categories.

Nemesis_

Shouldn't Britney be replaced with Will.I.Am??????????

I don't even know where he got will.i.am from tbh, I can't find him in the track listing for the latest week of data. >_>

EDIT: oic

Lawd...my last station was "Koda Kumi Radio"

THAT'S how long it has been since I've used Last.Fm

When I revived my account my top eight were something like this

1.) Marilyn Manson
2.) My Chemical Romance
3.) Muse
4.) Crystal Castles
5.) Tiesto
6.) Radiohead
7.) Nirvana
8.) AFI