• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I love how easy the Beyhive gets pressed

I also see some of you are using BeyHIV, my preferred method of calling them
but is it allowed? I always wanted to use it but didn't wanted to be as rude since Sticki MinAIDS was frown upon
iLJAbfoDA1a3D.gif

I love how easy the Beyhive gets pressed

I also see some of you are using BeyHIV, my preferred method of calling them
but is it allowed? I always wanted to use it but didn't wanted to be as rude since Sticki MinAIDS was frown upon
iLJAbfoDA1a3D.gif

I'm hardly pressed, I just don't respond well to slanderouS inaccuracieS. But I know that's in the #Navy lifeblood so I can't be surprised.

And I can't pay much mind to someone coming for me who stans for poorly-timed punchlines like Nicki Minaj and One Direction. :/

And BeyHIV is a bit much. lol

Mumei

She won a Golden Globe, I believe. Unless she won one for her movie. Did she?

I know Cher has one and pretty sure Barbra has a few, but I don't know who stans for either of them here. Maybe Mumei stans for Barbra. :)

I do, but I don't really know as much about her chart or award accomplishments, except this: Your faves will never do it.

royalan

I do, but I don't really know as much about her chart or award accomplishments, except this: Your faves will never do it.

Did you watch the Oscars last night? LAWD, Dame Bassey and Babs got their old asses on that stage and did their legacies JUSTICE. Babs even did her patented "pretentious speech lead-in" for her performance.

Adele was shown her PLACE.

Trigger

I'm hardly pressed, I just don't respond well to slanderouS inaccuracieS. But I know that's in the #Navy lifeblood so I can't be surprised.

And I can't pay much mind to someone coming for me who stans for poorly-timed punchlines like Nicki Minaj and One Direction. :/

And BeyHIV is a bit much. lol

RIP

effe

Banned
Who's the girl in your avatar effe? Is she the one in your gifs? She's fierce *.*

Also, I don't have a favorite in ProjRun so far. Maybe Layana.
Snejana Onopka. Bitch is married to a billionaire, has a chauffeured blacked out Bentley, and the most iconic Vogue Italia cover ever. Learn to bow.

Idfqm0UApo1wvtjuEAgUDmfMo1_500.jpg

effe

Banned
Like she sings in literally the same tone for every song. They just kind of collapse all over one another. Bitch needs to watch out when even fucking Lana and her 3,000 demos feature more vocal variety than she does.

Like she sings in literally the same tone for every song. They just kind of collapse all over one another. Bitch needs to watch out when even fucking Lana and her 3,000 demos feature more vocal variety than she does.

She has a style. That is what makes her interesting. Most good artists do.

Her tone may be the same, and I am no stan of hers, but she has brought plenty of variety to her music. As to whether or not she can keep it up is another question.

Fey

Banned
Did you watch the Oscars last night? LAWD, Dame Bassey and Babs got their old asses on that stage and did their legacies JUSTICE. Babs even did her patented "pretentious speech lead-in" for her performance.

she performed the hell out of goldfinger
XRyKbSu.gif

what an epic + iconic song
XRyKbSu.gif

Artemisia

Banned
I'm sick of her. I'm sick of her being labeled refreshing as if everyone stopped making slow songs about love ever since Gaga came on the scene. I'm sick of the undue praise she gets as a result. I'm sick of her voices reputation as one of the best when Gaga can sing her discography live better than her. I'm sick of the srs music establishment touting her music as somehow better than her contemporaries' just because.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Funny that you use SAT scores as a metric for an artist's talent when most One Direction fans aren't even old enough to take an SAT test. Let me get you a bean bag so you can sit.

you are right I dont know where they are getting those SAT scores from, after all most of the Beyhive probably didnt graduate high school

i951OrzskGZtE.gif

I'm sick of her. I'm sick of her being labeled refreshing as if everyone stopped making slow songs about love ever since Gaga came on the scene. I'm sick of the undue praise she gets as a result. I'm sick of her voices reputation as one of the best when Gaga can sing her discography live better than her. I'm sick of the srs music establishment touting her music as somehow better than her contemporaries' just because.

I agree with all of this.

Her hype as gotten well out of hand. I remember a thread early last year (before I was a member) where people were quite literally arguing that she was the best vocalist in the industry
Bless Mumei for being there to put a stop to that
and acting like she was the only artist on the pop charts with any talent or skill.

I feel that its moronic that she won a Grammy for a re-release of Set Fire To The Rain on a fucking concert DVD. The industry feels the need to give her messy oral sex constantly for some reason. There is NO WAY she deserved it. However, she wasn't going to show up unless she won something so they made it happen.

Her music itself is fine though.....and most of the issues I have with her are outside of her control. So I try to play nice.

effe

Banned
I agree with all of this.

Her hype as gotten well out of hand. I remember a thread early last year (before I was a member) where people were quite literally arguing that she was the best vocalist in the industry
Bless Mumei for being there to put a stop to that
holy shit yes. She has such a boring voice.

tumblr_md8hq4fRtR1qb8b66o1_500.gif

you are right I dont know where they are getting those SAT scores from, after all most of the Beyhive probably didnt graduate high school

i951OrzskGZtE.gif

Unfortunately given the target demographics of R&B/Hip-hop singers, those statistics aren't surprising. The reason Bey's is so low is because of educational deficiencies coupled with the youth of her fan base. But as for the former, that's to do with the R&B genre as a whole. It's easy to forget that Beyonce is just a member of the R&B genre, and doesn't own it. lol

Though I wonder where Nicki Minaj stans fall on that spectrum. They probably think an SAT test is something they go to the clinic for.

holy shit yes. She has such a boring voice.

I wouldn't say boring. Though its not always my cup of tea.
Someone Like You is flawless though.

Just overrated. However, she is a legend already because of 21 so its not surprising..... most legends are overrated to SOME degree in my opinion.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Unfortunately given the target demographics of R&B/Hip-hop singers, those statistics aren't surprising. The reason Bey's is so low is because of educational deficiencies coupled with the youth of her fan base. But as for the former, that's to do with the R&B genre as a whole. It's easy to forget that Beyonce is just a member of the R&B genre, and doesn't own it. lol

Though I wonder where Nicki Minaj stans fall on that spectrum. They probably think an SAT test is something they go to the clinic for.
icqUXFZGviN4w.gif
bitch

but lets stop, we are both Gaga fans with an education just like our fave
ibrmIGdb9kdPMU.gif

Artemisia

Banned
I'm perched for the day Every Single Night becomes a worldwide smash hit and The Idler Wheel... sells 30 million copies.

Any day now...

Mumei

I did not, but I just watched the performances. Amazing, and at the ages of 76 and 70. <3

Pretty sure she's the highest selling female artist or some such.

She's up there worldwide, but she's only #1 in the United States.

royalan

Loving this Adele tea. Serve it uP.

Personally, I think both 19 and 21 are good albums, but 19 is by FAR the superior effort. Strangely, as much as 21 is held up as a personal record, you get a MUCH stronger sense of who Adele the WOMAN is on 19 thanks to the album's more varied sound and lyrical content. 21 Adele just sounds bitter, desperate and boy-crazy.

strange.... where you reading my posts or just looking at my Zayn avi?

i4gAig0J2ruSo.gif

God he's so pretty.

I met his doppleganger at Rain yesterday. I said "you look like Zayn Malik from One Direction." He says "Is that a show?" I immediately added him on facebook. lol

Trigger

Loving this Adele tea. Serve it uP.

Personally, I think both 19 and 21 are good albums, but 19 is by FAR the superior effort. Strangely, as much as 21 is held up as a personal record, you get a MUCH stronger sense of who Adele the WOMAN is on 19 thanks to the album's more varied sound and lyrical content. 21 Adele just sounds bitter, desperate and boy-crazy.

I use far more songs from 19 myself. It's an amazing album.

*puts on hipster glasses*

I liked Adele before everyone caught on to her with 21.

I use far more songs from 19 myself. It's an amazing album.

*puts on hipster glasses*

I liked Adele before everyone caught on to her with 21.

I remember they CONSTANTLY name dropped Adele on Idol during the Adam Labert season. I remember always thinking "I wonder who this person is and why I have never heard her music before?" and then even looking her up on Wikipedia only to see that she had never had a hit. Couldn't figure out why the Idol judges were stanning her so hard. I am actually impressed that they caught onto her so early.

a new yeah yeah yeahs track out rn omfg

judging your taste in men.

iqcSPUfUQSmhf.gif

Trigger

a new yeah yeah yeahs track out rn omfg

Bless. POP-GAF needs more Yeah 3x fans. Who is the man in that gif? I need to know.............................for research purposes.

I remember they CONSTANTLY name dropped Adele on Idol during the Adam Labert season. I remember always thinking "I wonder who this person is and why I have never heard her music before?" and then even looking her up on Wikipedia only to see that she had never had a hit. Couldn't figure out why the Idol judges were stanning her so hard. I am actually impressed that they caught onto her so early.

It's funny how quick mainstream music listeners can be to pick the next big thing. I never expected her to blow up with so many dance tracks picking up steam.

iTunes

Singles
2. Chart Attack

Just one more Demetria
i2nvexXGJ5s4W.gif

#1 seem inevitable at this point. Good for her. Hopefully she can ride that to some radio momentum.

Shame she didn't release a video to try for a #1 or #2 on billboard.

JANELLE MONAE WILL BE THE NEXT BIG THING.

I just felt like someone needed to put that thought out into the universe.

I was told this last year during a PBS documentary "Women Who Rock" as I recall (Its good.... I would recommend. I swear they wrote it for Mumei) and I am still waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom