• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
New Page, New News

1000th posts celebrate it by buying Heart Attack

irNRNWK5tobv7.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
No shade, Gaga has an education? Higher than high school I mean.

After high school, her mother encouraged her to apply for the Collaborative Arts Project 21 (CAP21), a musical theatre training conservatory at New York University's Tisch School of the Arts.[10] By age seventeen, after becoming one of twenty students to gain early admission, she lived in an NYU dorm on 11th Street.[20] In addition to sharpening her songwriting skills, she composed essays and analytical papers on art, religion, social issues and politics, including a thesis on pop artists Spencer Tunick and Damien Hirst.

She dropped out to focus on her music career during her second semester of her sophomore year

DMeisterJ

Banned
CongratS to Demi for clocking #1 on iTunes.

I'm surprised she clocked this hard. I listened to the snippet and was bored, but more power to her. Bless her for using that X-Factor promo to gather some success.

Kyon

Banned
Let me post my receipT from lasT nighT since I was very honest about my opinion of this new and improved Demon. I am beginning to love her again like I did when Camp Rock came out and LaLa Land.

JANELLE MONAE WILL BE THE NEXT BIG THING.

I just felt like someone needed to put that thought out into the universe.

Sissssss I've been saying this since Metropolis and it hasn't happened yet. She just needs the perfect pop song. Nothing on Archandroid is accessible enough to smash radio, unles you widen the goalposts slightly and include Tightrope.

She needs her Bad Romance. I'm hoping with her next project she lets go a little bit and tries something more mainstream. She deserves more appeal.

^^^ flawlessney

the real icarly makes music? lol.
I've heard a few songs of hers: the Sugababes knockoff song and the Ke$ha knockoff song, specifically.

RIP

Sissssss I've been saying this since Metropolis and it hasn't happened yet. She just needs the perfect pop song. Nothing on Archandroid is accessible enough to smash radio, unles you widen the goalposts slightly and include Tightrope.

She needs her Bad Romance. I'm hoping with her next project she lets go a little bit and tries something more mainstream. She deserves more appeal.

I'm hoping it'll happen for her with her next album now that We Are Young has sort of familiarized her name with radio programmers. :prayer:

Atlantic labelmate Charli XCX, meanwhile, was in town to do early promo and press for her debut album, “True Romance,” due this April. The 13-track set includes favorites from a series of self-released mixtapes she put out in 2012, including “You’re The One,” “Nuclear Seasons” and “So Far Away,” as well as all-new tracks like lead single “You (Ha Ha Ha)” and the electro-bubblegum rave-up “Take My Hand.”

IT'S HAPPENING!!~~~

cory64

Loving this Adele tea. Serve it uP.

Personally, I think both 19 and 21 are good albums, but 19 is by FAR the superior effort. Strangely, as much as 21 is held up as a personal record, you get a MUCH stronger sense of who Adele the WOMAN is on 19 thanks to the album's more varied sound and lyrical content. 21 Adele just sounds bitter, desperate and boy-crazy.

Where are the fucking lies?

Title is from a flawless movie, bless ha
Perched.

royalan

So, I've been listening to the Kimbra Sing Sing sessions, and it just hit me:

You know what Pop could use more of? Good live albums.

Any recommendations?

Mau ®

I dont know why people are surprised... Skycrapper went #1 on iTunes as well.

Itll probably drop off later in the week.

3phemeral

Is something wrong with Adele? Last night was weak.

I don't know, I saw the performance just a few minutes ago, and while she was a little drowned out by the orchestra, the tone of her voice when she began the song, plus that delivery of the end note seemed to indicate she was perfectly fine. The song gets boring after a bit, though, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom