• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
Mariah is still the vocal authoriTy in the pop game.

Hew else, but Mariah could hold consistent notes in a room full of smelly children, an unfunny late night host, and all while holding up DEM TWINS high in a constricting dress.
iyxAcbwV4974W.gif

not her moving her hand up and down thinking she is serving some flawless vocal slayage

Nemesis_

I am honestly surprised that Lana contributed to the soundtrack but wouldn't make some kind of a cameo in the film. Her aesthetic fits perfectly into the film setting. Even if she were just singing in the background of a lounge scene or something.

Beyonce and her cover can go die in a fire though, though I will wait until I hear the full thing, maybe it was toned down for the trailer or something.

botty

Banned
Not live. Does not count.

iyxAcbwV4974W.gif

Of course she is still one of the better singers around, but the shine has worn off.

Here is some Mariah from earlier this year in Australia. I think she'll be singing even better soon, too. Mimi is losing weight, and her new album is coming soon.

That melisma. Those notes.

Kelly tried.

iyxAcbwV4974W.gif

not her moving her hand up and down thinking she is serving some flawless vocal slayage

Well, she invenTed hand choreography. It's probably second nature by now. Those hands are always ready to snatch someone's wig.

iyxAcbwV4974W.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I am honestly surprised that Lana contributed to the soundtrack but wouldn't make some kind of a cameo in the film. Her aesthetic fits perfectly into the film setting. Even if she were just singing in the background of a lounge scene or something.

Beyonce and her cover can go die in a fire though, though I will wait until I hear the full thing, maybe it was toned down for the trailer or something.

Lana said acting wasnt her thing in a interview where they asked her if she had acting on the cards and it seemed like she knows she cant act. Acting as a singer wouldnt be hard. Look Fergie on Poseidon lol

Well, let's see if Kelly's next single is as much of a flop as the other two. Might be time to close this chapteR.

iyxAcbwV4974W.gif

Someone can not count I see. That #Navy teas.

Dark Side flopped. Catch My Breath did not, it was a moderate hit (when will Mimi OR Xtina?).

i9MuHgeVOKW3r.gif

botty

Banned
Someone can not count past 1 I see. That #Navy teas.

Dark Side flopped. Catch My Breath did not, it was a moderate hit (when will Mimi OR Xtina?).

I see you ignoring "Don't Rush," just like the general public. Catch My Breath didn't even peak within the top 15. Meanwhile, The Legend is sitting pretty in the top 10 right now.

i9MuHgeVOKW3r.gif

I hope Don't rush was a single, or else that would be embarrassing

I see you ignoring "Don't Rush," just like the general public. Catch My Breath didn't even peak within the top 15. Meanwhile, The Legend is sitting pretty in the top 10 right now.

i9MuHgeVOKW3r.gif

I hope Don't rush was a single, or else that would be embarrassing

Technically it was. Though from day 1 Kelly admitted it was an 80's throwback sound wise, and that it was unlikely to light up the charts. She wanted to release it anways since that was the type of music she grew up on.

Technically it is still rising on the country charts though, so it could still be a moderate hit.

When will Floptina and "had hits in the 90's" Mimi take such a brave stance?

Plus Kelly knows PLU is an ace up her sleeve. It will be a hit assuredly. So why not release a few songs you simply like first?

I will stan this so damn hard. Avril is back ya'll!

This guy is HOT. POPGAF bringing the goods with hot guy gifs. First Justice Joslin, and now The Zesty Guy. Love his YouTube videos. We I need more.

"Reloaded" and "Nothing On (But The Radio)" give me so much life. I gotta check out them other tracks.

Reloaded is awesome. I can almost hear how perfect it would've sounded had there gone a little more production values in it.

(Then again, perhaps Gaga's team considered the song "finished" as is, but just didn't make the cut. Because I clearly remember thinking upon hearing Bad Romance the first time: "Uuh, sounds like an unfinished demo", while in the end that "unfinished" song became a monster hit... and I eventually warmed up to it as well. A lot.)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
PopGAF!

How the hell am I only just hearing Woodkid's album for the first time!?
Man it's amazing!
Any fans?
How are his EPs?
I'm hurt that I'm so late :(

Singles:
Iron
Run Boy Run
I Love You

Strange, I've heard Iron loads of times on the radio but paid absolutely no attention to who sung it

I love you >>> Iron >>>>>>> Run boy run

Love the production but I can imagine i'd get tired of his voice if I listened to an entire album

Crumpet, can you read my dream?

I was in the Justice League and we were fighting Wonder Woman except she kept saying "I got y'all shook!"

What does it mean?

Mumei

I dunno. Only Mumei can speak for Mumei, but I always got the impression that he liked some of her stuff, but was critical of the fact that she's one trick pony, vocally.

Even though, in my opinion, that one trick is one hell of a doozy.

Well, I'm critical of Florence because she's a one-trick-pony who doesn't do her trick very well. Florence is - much like certain other singers - loud. She doesn't have a lot of resonance, and her lack of resonance was really, really apparent in that Grammy Tribute where even non-vocalist Martina McBride was clocking Florence. She doesn't have a very forward placement and it has a throaty quality (much like Adele, but much more pronounced), because she's producing her volume by banging her folds together as hard as she can and going all-out. She produces almost no squillo and is often slightly under the pitch, with a lot of tension in her voice and that ridiculous tremolo. But because she's loud and her name isn't Christina, she gets a pass.

Oh, and since you wanted to bring up Bey.

Well, generally a tribute song requires a pulse to be capable of performing.

Most of Mumei's favs are ineligible.

8f70c6ea.gif

Your faves give tribute to my faves to remind us of what we've lost.

Vazra

NuCole *.*

The fact that they gave us NewOldCole for inFamous 2 still grinds my gears.

Didn't that happened because tons of people were bitching about the look of NuCole? Not like I care about inFamous cause the games personally bored me but I believe there was a big bitching and whining about the NuCole.

Vazra

That's like saying Circle K is better than 7-11. Neither is worth using when there are far superior options.

Where there is desire
There is gonna be a flame
Where there is a flame
Someone's bound to get burned
But just because it burns
Doesn't mean you're gonna die
You've gotta get up and try try try
Gotta get up and try try try
You gotta get up and try try try
tumblr_m8wyyxYF7Z1qcvttg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.