• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

I'll agree with Marius. Avril's song has a great chorus but those verses are so anticlimatic. What a shame. I was excited for this.

2wFBp

She mad. It's in especially poor taste because one of the jockeys was injured during the race (and is now paralyzed). And rightly so, she's under fire by all the UK papers and numerous Facebook groups have sprung up calling for boycotts (but who's buying Glassheart anyway?)

Get that promo, Slayona. Her new management is teaching her well.

2wFBp

She mad. It's in especially poor light because one of the jockeys was injured (and is now paralyzed) during the race. And rightly so, she's under fire by all the UK papers and numerous Facebook groups have sprung up calling for boycotts (but who's buying Glassheart anyway?)

I am so confused.

What is happening here?

Also, do you think her album this fall will be a WW release? I am not here for Glassheart Episode 2.

Man, Leona seriously needs to bring her album to the states. At least then I can have a good quality stream on Spotify of "Glassheart" and "Fireflies". Heck, I might even want to get it if the rest of the album is just as good as those two songs are.

botty

Banned
Glassheart was one of the best albums released in 2012.

Sugar >>>>>>

She did some interesting things with her voice on that track.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Kelly and Aretha stay making history at inaugurations while Lana lays languishing in the pop culture history book next to Ashlee Simpson for the worst televised performance of all time.
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

If Korea wipes away the US with a nuke, no one will remember Kellocal Clarkson. The world will have Lana as an everlasting memory of us tho.
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

Glassheart was one of the best albums released in 2012.

Sugar >>>>>>

She did some interesting things with her voice on that track.

Meh. I imported it, but Glassheart is the only track I still use, and I still think it would have been better with fewer EDM features.

Maybe I will give it a relisten.

Once Korea wipes away the US with a nuke, no one will remember Kellocal Clarkson. The world will have Lana as an everlasting memory of us tho.
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

Don't be silly, Korea will never be able to wipe out America as long as the intercontinental ballistic missile shield we built on Lana Del Rey's face is protecting us.
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

botty

Banned
If Korea wipes away the US with a nuke, no one will remember Kellocal Clarkson. The world will have Lana as an everlasting memory of us tho.
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

5zvrU.png

Meh. I imported it, but Glassheart is the only track I still use, and I still think it would have been better with fewer EDM features.

Maybe I will give it a relisten.

In addition to the songs Leona mentioned above, I enjoy LoveBird, Fireflies, and Trouble.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Don't be silly, Korea will never be able to wipe out America as long as the intercontinental ballistic missile shield we built on Lana Del Rey's face is protecting us.
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

With a woman that flawless protecting us who would want to shoot anything. But just in case, we should put Kelly's belly in front of her, for an extra big layer of shielding.
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

Bladenic

2wFBp

She mad. It's in especially poor taste because one of the jockeys was injured during the race (and is now paralyzed). And rightly so, she's under fire by all the UK papers and numerous Facebook groups have sprung up calling for boycotts (but who's buying Glassheart anyway?)

I am in awe. I didn't even think Leona used such language. I thought she was a pure angel.

Delio

Union J finished fourth on the 2012 season of the talent show, and hope to follow in the footsteps of previous semi-finalists Cher Lloyd, Diana Vickers and Misha B by targeting chart glory.

They have revealed tonight that their first release will be a track called 'Carry You', which is due for release on June 2.

Jaymi Hensley said in a webchat: "It will be going to radio in a few weeks."

I'm really hoping it's a bop to be releasing in June. They need a nice upbeat summer jam although it's going to be on the radio April 22nd.

tumblr_inline_mkybiflrNJ1qz4rgp.gif

royalan

I would also like to take this time to point out that Taylors 22 is flopping pretty hard on radio.

Though it has grown on me somewhat, I always found it to be an overrated track.

How can anyone be surprised.

22 has ALWAYS been reductive, Hot Chelle Rae sorority girl The CW crap. And I called that not even being attached to Taylor Swift would give it legs. That song is honestly one of the worst things on the radio right now, an we should all be GLAD it's flopping.

Artemisia

Banned
How can anyone be surprised.

22 has ALWAYS been reductive, Hot Chelle Rae sorority girl The CW crap. And I called that not even being attached to Taylor Swift would give it legs. That song is honestly one of the worst things on the radio right now, an we should all be GLAD it's flopping.

let me quote this just in case

iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Wait

The Yung Rapunxel single, the Yung Rapunxel video, and True Romance are out on the same day. What kind of holy Tuesday?

is2v0PQSIUXh8.gif

Mau ®

You gurls are being too hasty in calling 22 a flop just yet, seeing as Trouble is still in the Top 10 WW.

It's not looking ideal, yes. But not yet a flop.

I probably MISSED THE DISCUSSION BOAT since it's been out for a while, but I have thinkings about Here's To Never Growing Up.

Upon listening to start with, I just felt like Avril is trying to be Ke$ha 2.0. I like Ke$ha for just dumb catchy tunes, but I like Avril most when she is introspective and personal ala Under My Skin and Goodbye Lullaby.
Listening to the song a few more times, it is growing on me, it's fun and poppy I guess, I just hope there is at least some personal Avril on the new album, and not just Nickelback covers and Ke$ha songs.

She said at some point that "Goodbye Lullaby was more mellow, [but] the next one will be pop and more fun again." which makes me worried, but we shall see.

TL;DR I HATE FUN

Peru

You gurls are being too hasty in calling 22 a flop just yet, seeing as Trouble is still in the Top 10 WW.

It's not looking ideal, yes. But not yet a flop.

It'll probably do well enough but enough with those, it's time to release Holy Ground as a single now.

Bladenic

It'll probably do well enough but enough with those, it's time to release Holy Ground as a single now.

Yes, or State of Grace. Although if 22 isn't doing well I dunno how strong these songs would perform. Then again maybe people are finally tired of the dumb songs Taylor has released from Red almost exclusively (except for Begin Again).

SaintZ

Paramore - Still Into You

Pure, unleaded pop music. Cute video, and Hayley is gorrrrgeous.
I like the song and the video but gawd, what's going on with Hayley's nonexistent bangs and makeup. She looks scary and doll-like (in a Chucky kind of way)
I probably MISSED THE DISCUSSION BOAT since it's been out for a while, but I have thinkings about Here's To Never Growing Up.

Upon listening to start with, I just felt like Avril is trying to be Ke$ha 2.0. I like Ke$ha for just dumb catchy tunes, but I like Avril most when she is introspective and personal ala Under My Skin and Goodbye Lullaby.
Listening to the song a few more times, it is growing on me, it's fun and poppy I guess, I just hope there is at least some personal Avril on the new album, and not just Nickelback covers and Ke$ha songs.

She said at some point that "Goodbye Lullaby was more mellow, [but] the next one will be pop and more fun again." which makes me worried, but we shall see.

TL;DR I HATE FUN
I honestly do not see the similarities between Ke$ha and Avril in the song outside of the autotune tbh but I, too, prefer more serious/rocker Avril than this. Still, I ended up enjoying TBDT a lot because it ~cheers me up~.

Here's To Never Growing Up is already #15 in Mexico. Yas my country is stanninG!

ib2xMvpFz63ImM.gif

royalan

XTINA went to Rihanna's Diamonds Tour show at the Staples Center tonight.

This is a sign.

My fave is letting me know that it's ok to stan Rihanna...

is2v0PQSIUXh8.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Last night I dreamed I accidentally murdered Beyonce.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm a bit late to the party, but I was out having a social life, but whatever.

imeEIvhxbEOgF.gif

This flawless bitch is coming for ya'll wigs.

At first I was like wtf is going on, but that second teaser is just the shit
I'm still wondering how all the riot gear that was leaked will fit in to the video, I'm sure it will be flawless either way
It's nice that she's
finally
sticking to a schedule to. She had got her shit together! (unlike all my other faves it seems D:)

BUT WHY does is not surprise me that some people are trying to come for her.

ifpr4Gop6Rswl.gif

I wouldn't expect someone who only uses the likes of One Direction, Kelly Clarkson and Taylor Swift to be able to comprehend any other artists that don't musically represent that colour of beige.

iXrQiJJxrbXI5.gif

Union J finished fourth on the 2012 season of the talent show, and hope to follow in the footsteps of previous semi-finalists Cher Lloyd, Diana Vickers and Misha B by targeting chart glory.

They have revealed tonight that their first release will be a track called 'Carry You', which is due for release on June 2.

I'm really hoping it's a bop to be releasing in June. They need a nice upbeat summer jam although it's going to be on the radio April 22nd.

Wait...... they are releasing the song to radio over a month before putting it on itunes?

They do realize NOTHING good can come from this right?

PowderedToast

the androgynous boy is so pretty

but otherwise do we really need another 1D? the quota is filled

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Talking of boy bands, what is popgaf's opinion of JLS?

JLS+Attitude+PNG.png

They're also x factor rejects but came a bit before 1d and the wanted
Never really see them get talked about in here

Mau ®

XTINA went to Rihanna's Diamonds Tour show at the Staples Center tonight.

This is a sign.

My fave is letting me know that it's ok to stan Rihanna...

is2v0PQSIUXh8.gif

But sis... Xtina has been stanning Rihanna for a while now. She's the only modern pop girl she mentions when people ask her what music she likes on the radio.

Trigger

Talking of boy bands, what is popgaf's opinion of JLS?

They're also x factor rejects but came a bit before 1d and the wanted
Never really see them get talked about in here

Their first album was cute. 1D and The Wanted have caught the hearts of the boyband market, but I could see them outlasting both groups.

Also: Marvin Humes can get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom