• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyFaith

JLS+Attitude+PNG.png

lol

cory64

Made in America 2 lineup announced tomorrow... at least one Carter can do something on time.
Edit: it's in between legs of the Diamonds tour!!

cory64

In other Jay-Z news, the rapper has moved his Roc Nation label to Universal Music Group, inking a new multi-year deal. According to a press release from Reuters, Roc Nation will be a standalone label under the Universal umbrella.

hmmm. interesting.
Wonder if Rihanna's albums are "Roc Nation/Def Jam" from now on.

SaintZ

Avril is with Ryan Seacrest and she's saying she's not done with the album even though she's been working on it for over a year RIP. She still needs to write and record a song all by herself before she finishes it.

She also said HTNGU was written 2 months ago but L.A. Reid loved it so much he wanted to put it out right away when he first listened it... so I don't know if this era has officially started or not ;___;

ETA: LORD NO SHE HAS A DUET WITH CHAD WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

ETA2: She has a Hello Kitty song. Get dat Asia market in the pocket.

ETA3: She has another duet with Marilyn Manson. Ok.

Wait...... they are releasing the song to radio over a month before putting it on itunes?

They do realize NOTHING good can come from this right?
Welcome to the bizarre world of UK music release practices. Leona released "Trouble" on radio in July, but it wasn't available for purchase until September.

I honestly do not see the similarities between Ke$ha and Avril in the song outside of the autotune tbh but I, too, prefer more serious/rocker Avril than this. Still, I ended up enjoying TBDT a lot because it ~cheers me up~.

Here's To Never Growing Up is already #15 in Mexico. Yas my country is stanninG!

ib2xMvpFz63ImM.gif

On listening a few more times the Ke$ha vibe kinda left, I guess it was the combination of auto-tune and the general WE ARE YOUNG LETS BE UNIQUE AND DRINK AND SHIT theme that hit me initially. But yeah, really growing on me.

I actually enjoyed TBDT quite a bit as well, Girlfriend is catchy as all get out.

Alas, HTNGU is not on the AU iTunes store, so we cannot have numerical proof of stan.

Avril is with Ryan Seacrest and she's saying she's not done with the album even though she's been working on it for over a year RIP. She still needs to write and record a song all by herself before she finishes it.

She also said HTNGU was written 2 months ago but L.A. Reid loved it so much he wanted to put it out right away when he first listened it... so I don't know if this era has officially started or not ;___;

ETA: LORD NO SHE HAS A DUET WITH CHAD WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

ETA2: She has a Hello Kitty song. Get dat Asia market in the pocket.

ETA3: She has another duet with Marilyn Manson. Ok.

How much longer must we wait for an album ._. this displeases me greatly.

Duet with Manson could be interesting, I would have thought that Avril would be pretty much the embodiment of what he was rebelling against in the early years :\

SaintZ

How much longer must we wait for an album ._. this displeases me greatly.
Well she said at the end that the album would be out this summer. It also contains a lot of piano/power ballads. Here for I'm With You/Innocence part 2. The song with Marilyn is called "Bad Girl".

HTNGU positions before Ryan Seacrest.
#1 Argentina
#1 Brazil
#1 Chile
#1 Costa Rica
#1 Panama
#1 Slovenia
#1 Venezuela
#2 Czech Republic
#2 Guatemala
#2 Hungary
#2 Moldova
#3 Colombia
#3 Russia
#4 Italy
#5 Mexico
#7 Spain
#8 Poland
#13 Ecuador
#17 Canada
#17 Greece
#17 Peru
#18 Portugal
#22 France
#22 Ireland
#22 Israel
#22 Sweden
#23 Finland
#25 Netherlands
#26 Luxembourg
#31 Turkey
#32 Norway
#37 United States
#37 Austria
#44 Denmark
#48 Belgium
#49 Germany
#50 Switzerland
#91 El Salvador
#93 Ukraine
Bu bu I thought Avril was only supported by the Asian market.

ibfE7TXzVdAYB3.gif

Mau ®

So Avril joins Beyonce, Azealia, and Lady Gaga as a pop girl who can't get an album out at a decent pace. #poordat

The #Navy is so lucky to have such an efficient fave. We should be thankful and appreciative of what we havE.

*Waits for shade from the usual suspects*

DMeisterJ

Banned
The #Navy is so lucky to have such an efficient fave. We should be thankful and appreciative of what we havE.

*Waits for shade from the usual suspects*

They come for her efficiency and cyclical nature, but we're never begging and pleading for new music, and she always clocks bops on each album. I enjoy how the other stans delude themselves into thinking that waiting longer for an album is better when every album from their fave has just as much filler as the average Rihanna album.

But let me stop.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Dont lie, yall know this gap between albums from Gaga is going to make her return more exciting to watch. The way she will reinvent herself, the new innovations, the performances, etc

basically all the excitement the music industry is lacking right now, there is no theater

Dont lie, yall know this gap between albums from Gaga is going to make her return more exciting to watch. The way she will reinvent herself, the new innovations, the performances, etc

basically all the excitement the music industry is lacking right now, there is no theater

Sissss she will slay lives. I hope it's a radical departure. I don't want anymore 80s metal-inspired outfits from the BTW era (though I love 'em). I want some pop glam realness.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Can't even buy HTNGU in the uk. Useless avril.

Until she does, may Judy Garland be the eternal queen of the itunes charts.
Currently sitting number 5 and rising.
When will our faves?

They come for her efficiency and cyclical nature, but we're never begging and pleading for new music, and she always clocks bops on each album. I enjoy how the other stans delude themselves into thinking that waiting longer for an album is better when every album from their fave has just as much filler as the average Rihanna album.

But let me stop.

lol at this drive-by. Whatever floats the #Navy boat; I've listened to enough pop albums to know when an artist is invested in every song on their projects, and I get that from my faves. That's why they're my faves. If you're gonna sit there and tell me that Talk That Talk and Unapologetic have as much filler as Born This Way or 4 then I, uh, will accept that you said that to me. lol

Mau ®

Avril's lyric video is cute.

I like the song again. I guess the whole thing was different than what I expected but its catchy as fuck.

It's gonna do really well!! Watch!

SaintZ

#1 Argentina
#1 Brazil
#1 Chile
#1 Costa Rica
#1 Guatemala
#1 Hong Kong
#1 Panama
#1 Paraguay
#1 Venezuela
#1 Vietnam
#2 Colombia
#2 Hungary
#2 Mexico
#2 Moldova
#2 Russia
#2 Slovenia
#3 Cambodia
#3 Czech Republic
#4 Italy
#5 Poland
#5 Spain
#5 Taiwan
#9 Israel
#11 Canada
#11 Singapore
#17 Portugal
#18 Sweden
#19 Finland
#19 France
#19 Nicaragua
#20 Ecuador
#20 Slovakia
#21 Greece
#21 Turkey
#22 Ireland
#24 Netherlands
#25 United States
#27 Norway
#28 Peru
#30 Luxembourg
#31 Austria
#37 Thailand
#38 Belgium
#40 Denmark
#42 Germany
#42 Switzerland
#46 Macau
#56 Indonesia
#58 Cyprus
#59 South Africa
#62 Philippines
#64 Malaysia
#93 El Salvador
Bow down to ha [g l o b a l] power

ib2ipW5DRypJOp.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Four video teasers is ri-fucking-diculous.

Fucking god, none of the big pop girls tease their videos this much, but this cunt keeps on teasing this shit. There's no way Bey/Gaga/Rih/Katy, etc could get away with this.

Mau ®

That's a lot of teasers for a video no one gives a shit about.

Pretty much.

It's not like with the "Hold It Against Me" video where they released 14 teasers but everybody was anticipating that video pretty heavily.

Even then, 14 teasers was pretty ridiculous tbh.

Mau ®

Shania is still the Country Queen IMO. Her classic hits are just on another level ;___;

Nonetheless, TayLORD will snatch ha at some point.

I wish Rhihonda would stop

Ciara_Rihanna_MissJia-420x600.jpg

Already posted.

Rihanna doesn't shade people just like that. Clearly there's more to this than "Rihanna is being a bully and I don't know why!!!!" angle the C-Squids are going for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom