• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
How come I havent seen any reviews, videos or even pictures from the unapologetic tour?
With madonna and gaga the excitement was through the roof and everyone was scrambling for a video of each song. Even taylor's tour pics have been posted.

Mau ®

All these #iconic celebs present to witness an act with no impact or brand power perform on her sold out tour. Only Rihanna.
f58a8b71.gif

Wow, after Bruno's 1 week sale on WIWYM ended he started dropping like a rock. P!nk may have a show at #1 next week.

Also doesn't look like Selena or Avril have any shot of getting #1 on itunes. Who woulda known that Demi would be the girl to find success this year? Seems being a judge on reality TV helps everyone's careers but Xtina's.

Never realized how tiny Carrie Underwood is. She looks positively adolescent next to the other gurls

She is gorgeous though.

Looking back she was pretty damn basic looking on Idol.

Truth. Her post-Idol transformation is quite shocking (in a positive way).

reg_600.CarrieUnderwood.mh.021013.jpg

The power of a good hair-do (and a couple fewer pounds down there)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
While I'm always here for a bit of Judy, it's kind of disgusting the reason it's in the charts.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Grown Woman does sound like a bop. I have 129 coins to donate to the CARTERS when they get good and damn well ready to release this song and stop giving me Azealia teas.

Majmun

RTW was more angry and agressive. GW's sound is more relaxing.

Besides both songs having a female empowering tone, I don't see or hear the other similarities between the two.

I think I'd also become deaf after listening to generic balkan dance music all the time.
iSzegn175shF8.gif

3phemeral

You might be confusing it with her other charity single from a couple years after for the Haiti disaster fund ("Everybody Hurts").
Oh no, I specifically remember it being Just Stand Up because I was actually waiting for her to crack/disappear at that part, so I was surprised she didn't. So this other version is interesting, to say the least. I'll try to find it, if there's a way I can differentiate that one versus the one posted here somehow.

[edit] Not sure if it was this one, but she's not as drowned out by the music as she is in the official clip for some reason.

Fey

Banned
grown woman is growing on me tbh. i really like the "i can be bad/fast if i want, i can go slow all night long" part
still don't think it should be the lead single, but of course it isn't
t42ywls.gif

Bladenic

RTW was more angry and agressive. GW's sound is more relaxing.

Besides both songs having a female empowering tone, I don't see or hear the other similarities between the two.

I think I'd also become deaf after listening to generic balkan dance music all the time.
iSzegn175shF8.gif

Sorry to sound like DMJ, but the pressedness of this post. Keep fuming while your fave is (hopefully) thrown in prison for her continued illegal activities.

royalan

Grown Woman sounds like absolute shit.

And I can already tell that I'm going to have the same problem with it that I have with all of Bey's bangers since 4.

Think of all the great pop bangers. Heck, think of all of Bey's biggest hits. Bangers like Crazy In Love, Baby Boy and Single Ladies. As genius as the composition of those songs were, they were all relatively simple in structure.

Strong verse, strong chorus, strong bridge, tied together with a great hook. Bam. You're done.

But Beyonce seems to have forgotten this. Starting with Run The World, all of Bey's latest attempts at a banger have been positively schizophrenic. It's like she doesn't know what she wants the tone of the song to be or where she wants it to go, so she just does EVERYTHING, and the songs end up being a three-and-a-half minute hodgepodge of key changes, tempos, vocalizations, beat switches, and disjointed themes.

Just a damn MESS.

I'm reminded something the legendary Coco Chanel said about fashion: before you leave the house, take one thing off.

Beyonce would do well to apply this to her music.

Grown Woman sounds like absolute shit.

And I can already tell that I'm going to have the same problem with it that I have with all of Bey's bangers since 4.

Think of all the great pop bangers. Heck, think of all of Bey's biggest hits. Bangers like Crazy In Love, Baby Boy and Single Ladies. As genius as the composition of those songs were, they were all relatively simple in structure.

Strong verse, strong chorus, strong bridge, tied together with a great hook. Bam. You're done.

But Beyonce seems to have forgotten this. Starting with Run The World, all of Bey's latest attempts at a banger have been positively schizophrenic. It's like she doesn't know what she wants the tone of the song to be or where she wants it to go, so she just does EVERYTHING, and the songs end up being a three-and-a-half minute hodgepodge of key changes, tempos, vocalizations, beat switches, and disjointed themes.

Just a damn MESS.

I'm reminded something the legendary Coco Chanel said about fashion: before you leave the house, take one thing off.

Beyonce would do well to apply this to her music.

No.

iuqX60x44A2C5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom