• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

Here's To Never Growing Up has grown on me so much and I just heard it for the first time using headphones, lord let me purchase ha

Say, won't you say forever stay
If you stay forever hey
We can stay forever young
iQ9LxsNk2L1hD.gif
Yaaaaaaas Marius! Stan for the Canadian Queen. The chorus is everythinG. Tbh the only thing I do not like is the first verse, aside from that *.*

ibbKDwBfDu7kn7.gif

She's gonna be performing with Jay Leno on the 26th.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Haim's album is supposed to be out late summer. I'll check it out, but it bugs me that they're continually shrugging off Fleetwood Mac comparisons in favor of more "timely" groups from the '90s. I mean, that's fine and all, but when someone says "hey, this is like a Stevie Nicks song!" you take that praise and bathe in it.

Duke Dumont's mix of "Falling" really slays, btw

Icicle

Janet Jackson News (Maybe)

A few weeks ago, one of Janet's choreographers (and many of your faves, but he has a particularly long and close relationship with Janet), Gil Duldulao, shared this on Facebook.

q2usxTR.jpg

A short reel of some of his choreography

Also within the past couple weeks, Janet Jackson has created her own SoundCloud page. It's mostly blank (no music) with just a few links to her other official sites, her stylized logo, and her location (hint: it's not Islamaland). With her SoundCloud appearing just as her choreographer is talking about working with her, I can't help but get a little exciteD.

BONUS:
Apparently there's going to be a Janet Jackson flash mob in San Francisco on May 16th to celebrate her birthday. I'm so proud, it really came as no shock when we were named the best city in America. I'm legitimately upset that I didn't know about this sooner; I missed out on the choreography lessons. Of course I'll go and watch/support them as a spectator, but I'll never be able to forgive myself missing out on the perfect platform for introducing the world to Icicle JACKSON.

Anyway, here is a video of them doing a 'practice run' of Together Again (On May 16th, they'll also be doing Miss You Much, Escapade, If, Nasty, and All For You). They picked the most godawful touristy area of the city to do it in, (Fisherman's Wharf, fyi) but you betta BELIEVE they got dat promo.

For being two months away from their 'real' performance, not to mention the difficulty of the choreography itself (they were incredibly faithful to the video, i.e. didn't neuter the dance for the sake of "flash mob choreography"), I thought they were pretty damn good.

What do you gerls think?

After watching, maybe you gorls can see why I say I don't know any black people? Not one in sight... in a Janet Jackson flash mob, no less. Lots of Hyoyeons tho. RIP.

iqLmckTsAKT81.gif

Looks like Paramore is headed for a #1 debut this week on Billboard beating out JT.

I am impressed. Maybe I will purchase to further the cause.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Looks like Paramore is headed for a #1 debut this week on Billboard beating out JT.

I am impressed. Maybe I will purchase to further the cause.

What was JT's second week? Or is this his second week?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Kate Bush has gone and got herself a CBE

Also, Madonna has clashed with Malawi officials in a recent visit, and they issued a SCATHING statement about her visit.

Malawi-Madonna_2530524b.jpg

A harshly-worded statement issued by the office of President Joyce Banda on Wednesday accused Madonna of wanting Malawi "to be forever chained to the obligation of gratitude".

"Granted, Madonna is a famed international musician. But that does not impose an injunction of obligation on any government under whose territory Madonna finds herself, including Malawi, to give her state treatment. Such treatment, even if she deserved it, is discretionary not obligatory,'' said the statement. It accused her of being "a musician who desperately thinks she must generate recognition by bullying state officials instead of playing decent music on the stage".

It added: "Among the many things that Madonna needs to learn as a matter of urgency is the decency of telling the truth. "For her to tell the whole world that she is building schools in Malawi when she has actually only contributed to the construction of classrooms is not compatible with manners of someone who thinks she deserves to be revered with state grandeur."

she looked like freddy krueger on that trip, stealing children and invading dreams.

Fey

Banned
blah blah madonna blah

ik3talg2of7rcamfy4.gif

If you were going to post about this story, a good idea would be to post about the whole story, instead of just one side of the story (which coincidentally is the side that is criticizing and hates Madonna!).

The Malawi president is claiming that Madonna demanded special VIP attention upon entering Malawi and is exaggerating her efforts. I would believe her were it not for the fact that the President's sister was removed as the head of Madonna's organization after a large amount of money from the organization mysteriously disappeared. The president's sister is now enraged with Madonna and her organization and is suing her.

Madonna and her team are claiming, of course, that she demanded no VIP attention and has had nothing but the purest intentions with her organization.

The people I believe are the Malawi people, who seem to say both sides have some truth to their story. They claim Madonna is indeed exaggerating when she claims she has raised 10 schools in Malawi (she has simply added/improved 10 schools that were already built), but they also say she is helping the community, has been very kind and helpful, and that it doesn't seem that she has demanded any sort of special attention. The Malawi people are praising Madonna's efforts, and believe that if Madonna and the government had some sort of proper communication, this wouldn't be an issue in the first place (though how/why could they, when they believe the president's sister has been stealing money from them).

This is the whole, neutral, unbiased story. (links for those who are further interested: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/11/malawi-madonna-exaggerating-humanitarian-efforts http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/madonna-malawi-leader-trade-barbs/article11022919/ )
And goodbye, Madonna may have looked less than great on her trip (which, may I remind you, was to help children, not to look younger than her 54 years) but saying she's stealing children (when she has legally adopted her Malawi children. In fact, the people of Malawi consider her a resident a Malawi due to all her efforts) and invading dreams (when she's helping educate children)? How crass.

edit: congrats on becoming a member, tho

Mau ®

YASSSSSSS Fey!!! Drag the baboons!!!!

On other news about Madonna's BLACK VERSION - Rihanna. Jump has scored an (irrelevant) update on radio.

RIHANNA – Jump: 0.012

I hope its the next single tbqfh.

DMeisterJ

Banned
YASSSSSSS Fey!!! Drag the baboons!!!!

On other news about Madonna's BLACK VERSION - Rihanna. Jump has scored an (irrelevant) update on radio.

RIHANNA – Jump: 0.012

I hope its the next single tbqfh.

Radio can not get enough of her. Jump is waiting in the wings for when it gets officially released. Summer smash indeeD.

Stolen from the other site. You can go there to get the rest back to 1998.

The source is mediatraffic which is unofficial, but generally accurate enough for our purposes. The only superior source is IFPI, but they only release info once a year and rarely update past albums publicly.

Updated album sales totals.

1° Eminem – Recovery – 7.300.000 (2010)
2° Bruno Mars – Doo-Wops & Hooligans – 5.900.000 (2010)
3° Rihanna – Loud – 5.900.000 (2010)
4° Katy Perry – Teenage Dream – 5.800.000 (2010)
5° Taylor Swift – Speak Now – 5.100.000 (2010)
6° Lady Antebellum – Need You Now – 4.500.000 (2010)
7° Susan Boyle – The Gift – 3.500.000 (2010)
8° Pink – Greatest Hits... So Far!!! – 3.400.000 (2010)
9° Black Eyed Peas – The Beginning – 2.900.000 (2010)
10° Jason Aldean – My Kinda Party – 2.900.000 (2010)
11° Take That – Progressed – 2.700.000 (2010)
12° Kings of Leon – Come Around Sundown – 2.700.000 (2010)
13° Kesha – Animal – 2.600.000 (2010)
14° Sade – Soldier of Love – 2.300.000 (2010)
15° Nicki Minaj – Pink Friday – 2.300.000 (2010)

1° Adele – 21 – 25.400.000 (2011)
2° Michael Bublé – Christmas – 7.600.000 (2011)
3° Lady Gaga – Born This Way – 6.000.000 (2011)
4° Coldplay – Mylo Xyloto – 5.600.000 (2011)
5° One Direction – Up All Night – 4.700.000 (2011)
6° David Guetta – Nothing but the Beat 2.0 – 3.400.000 (2011)
7° Rihanna – Talk That Talk – 3.300.000 (2011)
8° Ed Sheeran – Plus – 3.100.000 (2011)
9° Beyoncé – 4 – 2.700.000 (2011)
10° LMFAO – Sorry for Party Rocking – 2.600.000 (2011)
11° The Black Keys – El Camino – 2.500.000 (2011)
12° Amy Winehouse – Lioness: Hidden Treasures – 2.500.000 (2011)
13° Florence and the Machine – Ceremonials – 2.400.000 (2011)
14° Lil Wayne – Tha Carter IV – 2.200.000 (2011)
15° Gotye – Making Mirrors – 2.100.000 (2011)

1° Taylor Swift – Red – 5.100.000 (2012)
2° One Direction – Take Me Home – 4.200.000 (2012)
3° Mumford & Sons – Babel – 4.200.000 (2012)
4° Pink – The Truth About Love – 3.500.000 (2012)
5° Lana Del Rey – Born To Die (The Paradise Edition) – 3.500.000 (2012)
6° Bruno Mars – Unorthodox Jukebox – 2.800.000 (2012)
7° Emeli Sandé – Our Version Of Events – 2.800.000 (2012)
8° Rihanna – Unapologetic – 2.800.000 (2012)
9° Justin Bieber – Believe – 2.600.000 (2012)
10° Maroon 5 – Overexposed – 2.500.000 (2012)
11° Fun – Some Nights – 2.300.000 (2012)
12° Rod Stewart – Merry Christmas, Baby – 1.800.000 (2012)
13° Linkin Park – Living Things – 1.800.000 (2012)
14° Madonna – MDNA – 1.700.000 (2012)
15° Muse – The 2nd Law – 1.700.000 (2012)

1° Justin Timberlake – The 20/20 Experience – 1.800.000 (2013)

I am surprised Emeli Sande sold so many albums, I only really discovered her recently.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Will yooou still looove me wheen I'm no looonger yooooung or beeeaautiiiifuul
I knooow you wiiill
I knooow you wiiill
I knooow you wiiiiiiiIIIIaaiiiaiillll

smiley_singing.gif

iU26S9DB2DTHx.gif

royalan

I make music to numb your brain...
ride-ri-ride-ride the waves...

ibv0CagFmffzC8.gif

I am LOVING this mixtape far. It's like she's trying to out-Rihanna Rihanna...and so far she's kinda successful...

Matt_

This is the whole, neutral, unbiased story. (links for those who are further interested: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/11/malawi-madonna-exaggerating-humanitarian-efforts http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/madonna-malawi-leader-trade-barbs/article11022919/ )
And goodbye, Madonna may have looked less than great on her trip (which, may I remind you, was to help children, not to look younger than her 54 years) but saying she's stealing children (when she has legally adopted her Malawi children. In fact, the people of Malawi consider her a resident a Malawi due to all her efforts) and invading dreams (when she's helping educate children)? How crass.

edit: congrats on becoming a member, tho

Oh my, let me go and sit in the naughty corner for I have been told.
The Freddy Krueger thing was a light jab, I know she does good work out there and she should be applauded for it
The resemblance is uncanny though

mofmAOi.png

New song this weekend, first performance of Yung Rapunxel and a video next Tuesday.
My face has had it so together recently.
When will Beyonce
iLUEmnGYXdLRj.gif

royalan

SOUND OF LOVE FT. JEREMIH

#^*78938ryp8f9oghrlkusbeav'
iudgfwiluhfouahbgr

saidufbgvasilubvaeilubrlfieburg
idusgilawubrilebjrilbvaeilglulberlibergf

HOW IS CASSIE SHITTING THIS HARD WITH A MIXTAPE!?!?!?

Matt_

The power of Interscope reining her in

ibiWm0gxR2C0Yl.gif

I wonder what people will find to complain about now she's getting her shit together and stopped being so ratchet on twitter.

ib25jES5wMIE0P.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom