• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I think you should have gone to English class this week, but thanks for the input.

ibgkd5sCt5q1D8.gif

drag it

tumblr_inline_mkzb8w9car1qz4rgp.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
#icant at Rih selling more than Nicki in 2012 even though her album was only out for 7 weeks at that point.

2.3 million is not bad for a singles artisT

Icicle

You understood what I was saying. Don't try it. I tried to give a constructive reply to her post and she responds with some grammar Nazi mess. Dismissed.

I understood you perfectly. Your response, however, was not constructive, pertinent to my post, or classifiable as clever shade.

My correct use of the present perfect tense is an example of a constructive reply. I can only assume you've missed a lot more than this week's classes if you believe your response was constructive. I only correct you because I'm a good sis.

That's constructive.

EDUCATING HA a little bit every day.
ibqlaEnrJXRzKn.gif

Now bring your teacher an apple.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I understood you perfectly. Your response, however, was not constructive, pertinent to my post, or classifiable as clever shade.

My correct use of the present perfect tense is an example of a constructive reply. I can only assume you've missed a lot more than this week's classes if you believe your response was constructive. I only correct you because I'm a good sis.

That's constructive.

ibqlaEnrJXRzKn.gif

ahh.gif

keep exposing it
67d90ee8.gif

Icicle

New Page, Old News

That's constructive.

ibqlaEnrJXRzKn.gif

The Miseducation of Artemisia needs more promo.

Posted here? Vice article about Beyonce is HILARIOUS.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/im-sick-of-pretending-i-dont-get-beyonce

I don't think I can do it anymore, guys. I have been living a lie. As a gay man with a lot of gay friends, I'd estimate that roughly 30 percent of my conversations are related to Beyoncé in some way. I went to Christmas parties where the only album played was 8 Days of Christmas, I made "poor Michelle" jokes, I even spent a month referring to the Superbowl as "the Beyoncé concert." But I think I'm finally ready to admit it: I really, really, really just don't give even the slightest of shits about Beyoncé.

I can identify 100%. Beyonce; she's a bit shit.

id0UUye4ZlwLw.gif

That Article said:
I've never met Beyoncé. But I met Kelly Rowland when I was 15, and she was the worst.

I was an audience member on some TV show she was performing on, and there was a ten-minute period where she and I had to stand next to one another while we waited for her part to start taping (it was going out live). So I tried to make conversation with her, just like, "Oh hey, how's your day going?" or something, and she said to me, in the sweetest way possible, "I am so sorry sweetie, but I just need to sort something out over here real quick, just give me one second" – and turned away from me. But not like, to anyone or to do anything. She just turned to face a wall. And then she stood there, staring at the wall in total silence and ignoring me until it was time for her to sing. What a dick.

ibxqbWW5bAHohL.gif

Icicle

Posted here? Vice article about Beyonce is HILARIOUS.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/im-sick-of-pretending-i-dont-get-beyonce

WaiT, this is great. I'm tempted to share this on Facebook, if only to clean up my Friend List a bit with next to no effort required on my part.

It's weird, somehow in the past year I've gone from casually liking Beyonce to disliking her quite intensely. It has a lot to do with the mainstream press telling me how amazing and influential it is, overexposure in general, the zeal of her stan base, but perhaps most of all, how effectively the three have been in actually swaying public opinion. To see someone take a stand against what is going on is great.

That said, I feel like there are a LOT more discussion points the author could be hitting on. The article is actually incredibly short and relies more on Youtube videos than commentary. Would love to see him go more in-depth with the article.

I also found the Kelly Rowland part at the end to be random, poorly-argued, and somewhat contradictory to his main argument, and I don't care about her at all. The author's justification for including his negative personal encounter with Kelly being "birds of a feather fly together" is laughable on so many levels. I also don't think it's at all unreasonable that she would want to be left alone in the few minutes leading up to her live TV performance. The author's opening paragraph talks about how he's tired of making fun of Michelle Rowland in his circle of gay friends, yet he chooses to conclude his article about Beyonce by making fun of the third member of Destiny's Child, a poor considering they disbanded seven years ago.

Thoughts anyone?

Artemisia

Banned

That's constructive.

ibqlaEnrJXRzKn.gif

Goodbye, how was a post related to Janet quitting her career and wanting her to do something special to end it not pertinent to a post that implied Janet may have something in the works?

121wqx1xeddh.gif

Now, how about you sit over there and let me teach you something?

Much like Janet's relevance, PopGAF's interest in your posts has gone by the wayside. No one is here for your bitchy 'readings' that come off more as personally insulting than anything else. No one is here for your deep analysis into the latest regarding the driving student, Ci-error, and the Muslim convert. We would much rather gush about artists who are currently outputting quality music rather than the mediocre tripe your faves are responsible for excreting.

ibWGoVkXMZepE.gif

I understand exactly what will happen soon after I post this. You'll get to work on another meticulously written post calling out myself and the people I stan for. You'll plop some poorly made gifs of Janet in the middle and when you're finally finished, sit back in delight as you hit 'submit reply' thinking, "wait till the girls see this!" It may come as a shock to you that no one will care. As evidenced by the majority of your posts here, it will be ignored and people will move on. And quoting yourself while bemoaning the dust you earned won't help at all. Do you understand, sis? There's really no point in replying to this. Save yourself the time.

scaled.phpserver219fiv1r5b.gif

I think we're done here. Now, before you get up and leave, make sure you make note of today's homework assignment! I want you get out in the sun, find a black person, and make friends with them! I think this sort of exercise will offer a nice change of pace from the dank cellar in which your miserable self resides. You'll thank me later.

i1LC9foYLrbD9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom