• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ke$ha performing "Love Into The Light" at the 2013 New Now Next Awards!

not sure if this is a new single or something but she did ok
keshaaguilera.gif

My favorite song on the album.

If it is the next single they need to remove the into and outro music for the radio edit. I hate that.

cory64

From Beyoncé's Diary:
April 2011 - I would like to plan a world tour for 4, but I'm also trying to have a baby.
May 2011 - I guess I'm pregnant now. I can have a world tour next summer, maybe early fall.
July-August 2011 - I should probably shoot a bunch of music videos all at once. I trust my label to release them on an appropriate timeline.
Fall 2011 - Well, I guess there's not much for me to do right now, being pregnant and all. I'll just film everything for fun. Editing's easy, right?
January 2012 - Okay, I had a baby.
May 2012 - My nannies should be able to manage Blue Ivy now, I should start planning a tour.
June 2012 - Hmm, is it going to be too late for 4 to carry a tour? Maybe I should do a re-release. I'll record some tracks and see what happens.
August 2012 - Oh, I think this Pepsi deal will be great for me. But I will have to delay my tour until after the Super Bowl.
October 2012 - My Super Bowl performance will be legendary. I'm going to focus 100% on making it the best thing ever witnessed on this Earth.
December 2012 - I feel like it would be confusing to add in new tracks to such a short event. I think I've recorded enough material for a new album though, maybe I can launch that with my tour
January 2013 - So Columbia has been giving me a weird response to my new material. They're just being haters though. I can get my way with this.
January 2013 - I feel so blessed to have been given the opportunity to perform at such a historic event.
January 2013 - Oh these bitches really gonna come for me like that?
January 2013 - They told me that they want to wait until after the Super Bowl to release any new material, other than the track I'm doing for the Pepsi ad, which is on their timeframe.
February 2013 - I feel so blessed to have been given the opportunity to perform at such a historic event.
February 2013 - Sales are pretty good for Mrs. Carter Show, I can't wait to share my new stuff, I've spent so much effort perfecting it for the tour.
February 2013 - I am an artist in 5 mediums now. And millions of people watched it.
March 2013 - So Columbia doesn't feel like I have any real hits with this new stuff, but they said I could pick something to generate some hype for the tour. BOW DOWN BITCHES
March 2013 - I really don't like this new plan, releasing the new tracks in between legs. I feel like I'm disappointing my European fans while my US people get all the good stuff.
April 2013 - I look sickening in this Pepsi commercial. BOW DOWN BITCHES
April 2013 - We in Cubaaaaaaaaaaaa
April 2013 - I don't feel good about this, but I'm the best performer in the world. Even if I didn't have time to freshen up my old material, they are going to get a good show.
April 2013 - Oh shit, was Grown Woman not released yet? #oop

Ciara @ciara
Somebody please point her in the right direction, cuz she clearly needs love and affection..:)

2m

Ciara @ciara
I am baffled. The obsession really makes no sense. This is getting out of hand...

Icicle

Ciara-Ciara-2013-1200x1200.png

Ciara - June 4

“I’m Out” (feat. Nicki Minaj)
“Sophomore”
“Body Party”
“Keep On Lookin’”
“Read My Lips”
“Where You Go” (feat. Future)
“Super Turnt Up”
“DUI”
“Livin’ It Up”
“Overdose”
“Sorry” (Remix) [Bonus Track]
“Got Me Good” (Japanese Bonus Track)
“Boy Outta Here” (feat. Rick Ross) [Japanese Bonus Track]
“Sweat” (feat. 2 Chainz) [Japanese Bonus Track]

Nnnnot crazy about the album art. The album art looks like they're revisiting the outfit from the Ride music video, and in general, I'm not a fan of albums that don't have the title's name somewhere on them. Also, for an album titled "One Woman Army", the artwork really doesn't convey that concept at all.

As for the track list, I don't know how to feel. It's really short, only 10 tracks, which I'm a bit skeptical about. On the other hand, my biggest issue with albums are throwaway tracks, so perhaps "One Woman Army" is short and focused. Several months ago, I recall hearing rumors about this album being kind of a mess, not sure if it it's Pop, R&B, or Urban music. Hopefully in the past couple months, they've been able to straighten the album's concept out, and it's quite possible the final (?) track list shows they've done so. I will say I'm disappointed Got Me Good and Sweat didn't make it onto the album, I quite liked them, it's too bad they both flopped. I'm surprised Boy Outta Here is a bonus track, and apparently a Japanese-exclusive one at that, a lot of people were hyped about that track.

I'm excited to hear it. Hope it's successful for Ciara. Less than 2 months to go!

Edit: Would love to hear your thoughts, former Muslim Paris!

Nnnnot crazy about the album art. The album art looks like they're revisiting the outfit from the Ride music video, and in general, I'm not a fan of album's that don't have the title's name somewhere on them. Also, for an album titled "One Woman Army", the artwork really doesn't convey it.

As for the track list, I don't know how to feel. It's really short, only 10 tracks, which I'm a bit skeptical about. On the other hand, my biggest issue with albums are throwaway tracks, so perhaps "One Woman Army" is short and focused. Several months ago, I recall hearing rumors about this album being kind of a mess, not sure if it it's Pop, R&B, or Urban music. Hopefully in the past couple months, they've been able to straighten the album's concept out, and it's quite possible the final (?) track list shows they've done so. I will say I'm disappointed Got Me Good and Sweat didn't make it onto the album, I quite liked them, it's too bad they both flopped. I'm surprised Boy Outta Here is a bonus track, and apparently a Japanese-exclusive one at that, a lot of people were hyped about that track.

I'm excited to hear it. Hope it's successful for Ciara. Less than 2 months to go!

Edit: Would love to hear your thoughts, former Muslim Paris!
The album is self titled.

She's revisiting the Evolution era with a more sophisticated style, not Ride/Basic Instinct. Kind of more like Fantaasy Ride. Her wears in Ride were a lot more scant and basic. She wore tennis shoes and a baseball cap with almost sheer leggings for example.

Not a fan of her albums getting shorter but I guess thats the trend. Either way she has some guaranteed BOPS on there and I'm sure we'll get quite the number of bonus tracks or just released music like she always does.

Ciara started rerecording so many songs and its clear she's going back moreso to R&B, with R&B coming back so strong. She still has a few crossover R&B/Pop like Overdose up there but she's riding the r&b wave. Got Me Good wouldnt have fit in. And it didnt do extremely well anyway due to a lack of team focus and her deciding to redo the era (Which I support)

The new look and new sound is FAR more sophisticated than One Woman Army. Less experimental too, but Body Party is doing better than Sorry, Got Me Good and Sweat ever did without a video or serious promo. It's doing about as well as Promise did in its early days and has risen much faster than Ride. She'll be OK this era :)

Artemisia

Banned
The fact that the garbage she released before Body Party (which was pretty good) has been relegated to bonus track status is quite promising.

Icicle

The album is self titled.

She's revisiting the Evolution era with a more sophisticated style, not Ride/Basic Instinct. Her wears in Ride were a lot more scant and basic. She wore tennis shoes and a baseball cap with almost sheer leggings for example.

Not a fan of her albums getting shorter but I guess thats the trend. Either way she has some guaranteed BOPS on there and I'm sure we'll get quite the number of bonus tracks or just released music like she always does.

Ciara started rerecording so many songs and its clear she's going back moreso to R&B, with R&B coming back so strong. She still has a few crossover R&B/Pop like Overdose up there but she's riding the r&b wave. Got Me Good wouldnt have fit in. And it didnt do extremely well anyway.

I suppose it's a matter of opinion, but it looks a lot like Ride to me.

Amh4Ncn.jpg

I never doubted the album's bop quota. I think it's a good idea that the album is going for the R&B sound (although I hope it has plenty of crossover appeal). It's much better to be riding the trend as it's still surging rather than chasing it.

What's the deal with the album name change? That's pretty messy. She's been promoting it by name for SO long. I haven't heard of anyone doing a self-titled album in quite some time, not sure if it's a good idea...

royalan

Your pressedness is a reductive version of Londa.

Let's get one thing straight.

Londa's pressedness was cute. She held it down for those of us who see the truth about Beyoncé well enough.

But I snatched that HEWbody's crown seasons ago. So get your DVR in order.

ibd2jlKyX0zdzE.gif

I suppose it's a matter of opinion, but it looks a lot like Ride to me.

Amh4Ncn.jpg

I never doubted the album's bop quota. I think it's a good idea that the album is going for the R&B sound (although I hope it has plenty of crossover appeal). It's much better to be riding the trend as it's still surging rather than chasing it.

What's the deal with the album name change? That's pretty messy. She's been promoting it by name for SO long. I haven't heard of anyone doing a self-titled album in quite some time, not sure if it's a good idea...

I dont see too many similarities aside her wearing all black. Its clear she was going for a more hardcore street dancer look during the Basic Instinct era.

OWA was FAR more pop-py judging from the old production credits. I mean she even had a song produced by the Cataracts, who are OWT!!! Noone is checking for them. Its absolutely insanely good she did away with that.

Aside that preorders for Ciara are already pushing the album to #5 on iTunes

Icicle

I dont see too many similarities aside her wearing all black. Its clear she was going for a more hardcore street dancer look during the Basic Instinct era.

OWA was FAR more pop-py judging from the old production credits. I mean she even had a song produced by the Cataracts, who are OWT!!! Noone is checking for them. Its absolutely insanely good she did away with that.

Aside that preorders for Ciara are already pushing the album to #5 on iTunes

#5? Bless. Unless it just went up today and that's as high as it will ever peak, then =/

I wonder what Ci is going to do with all those OWA sweatshirts she had printed just last month? (Did you buy one, sis?)

fPFxHDh.jpg

#Mess

Did my part. A little pressed the album didn't cost more. I was looking forward to cashing out of iTunes completely and being donE with it. I resent people who give me iTunes gift cards.
CSkGdc1.png

royalan

I want to be here for Ciara, but with each subsequent release I feel like she's less aware of who she is as an artist and what she has to offer, and it's contributing to her flopping because she seems to just be flailing in the wind.

Contrast with, say, Brandy and Monica. Even when those two were out of their primes and flopping, they still knew who they were as artists, and still put out solid albums that were grounded in that. I actually loved that little Singer-Songwriter phase Brandy went through.

Ciara, though, seems to have no fucking clue, and she just flits and floats between whichever producers will work with her and flinging singles out into the crowd hoping something takes. This will be the 3rd consecutive album for Ciara where we got 2-3-4 "buzz singles" before we got an official single and any semblance of direction for the album era. Correct me if I'm wrong.

She also seems to think that people want to see her twerk like a rabid dude whenever she dances. She's completely forgotten that people loved her dancing because it was cool and effortless. Not because she was popping at 120 RPM.

Ciara just needs to slow down and craft her next era. Really think about it. Maybe that's what she's doing now. I love the new title.

I want to be here for Ciara, but with each subsequent release I feel like she's less aware of who she is as an artist and what she has to offer, and it's contributing to her flopping because she seems to just be flailing in the wind.

Contrast with, say, Brandy and Monica. Even when those two were out of their primes and flopping, they still knew who they were as artists, and still put out solid albums that were grounded in that. I actually loved that little Singer-Songwriter phase Brandy went through.

Ciara, though, seems to have no fucking clue, and she just flits and floats between whichever producers will work with her and flinging singles out into the crowd hoping something takes. This will be the 3rd consecutive album for Ciara where we got 2-3-4 "buzz singles" before we got an official single and any semblance of direction for the album era. Correct me if I'm wrong.

She also seems to think that people want to see her twerk like a rabid dude whenever she dances. She's completely forgotten that people loved her dancing because it was cool and effortless. Not because she was popping at 120 RPM.

Ciara just needs to slow down and craft her next era. Really think about it. Maybe that's what she's doing now. I love the new title.

Basic Instinct was a cohesive album but it was basically an independent album of just her doing the music she wanted to do. She barely had a team for it. Contrast to say Fantasy Ride where her label just flat ran out of money for her during the promotion of LSM and forced her onto the next album

#5? Bless. Unless it just went up today and that's as high as it will ever peak, then =/

I wonder what Ci is going to do with all those OWA sweatshirts she had printed just last month? (Did you buy one, sis?)

fPFxHDh.jpg

#Mess

Did my part. A little pressed the album didn't cost more. I was looking forward to cashing out of iTunes completely and being donE with it. I resent people who give me iTunes gift cards.
CSkGdc1.png

I'm a fan not blind. That shit was tacky, like it came out of someone from the Knowles clan.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Stan I need your love! Is a great song, hope it does well in the US. Getting quite alot of play in the UK and is at #11 in the charts and rising.

Will listen to the rest of the remixes after I watch drag race, but I know that HAIM remix is godly

As for some of the other stuff in the thread;
Miley and Will.i.am was vile.
That gita song was pretty good
Really liked Kesha's performance at the New Now Next awards. Loving her new look and direction, hope she gets a new song out in time for summer
Drake song was kind of meh though, but I don't really like him anyway

Bought Yung Rapunxel last night and will b True Romance late today. The deluxe version is 25 tracks, bless charli. Truly the indie queen.

ioT71s3L0ylNW.gif

Yung rapunxel video today too. I am very excited. What a lovely month April has been so far

Bladenic

Um everything but Shit.i.Am's verses are slaying me in that Miley collab. I'm totally here for Miley at this point. The chorus and beat shit.

(I hate myself)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Love the lana del rey remix, not so much the Pour it up one though
I don't know what popgaf sees i Pour it up but I just dont get it
Think the song is awful

I get what you're saying about Miley though. She seems to be on fire at the moment
her previous work any good? Don't recall anything apart from Party in the USA

Bladenic

Love the lana del rey remix, not so much the Pour it up one though
I don't know what popgaf sees i Pour it up but I just dont get it
Think the song is awful

I get what you're saying about Miley though. She seems to be on fire at the moment
her previous work any good? Don't recall anything apart from Party in the USA

I don't like anything else of hers, but I suppose Can't Be Tamed might be usable.

And I don't like Pour It Up either, but that remix is fire IMO.

Matt_

So there was some new music at the Carter Show.
It was just in the opening video

edit: Oh, I still haven't seen any videos of the Unapologetic tour if any Rih stans would care to link to some highlights

Matt_

Fucking Ellie Goulding and her stupid fitness and running
Thought I'd try out her new remix album while on my sisters treadmill and I manage to break it before I've even set it up.

This is why I dont do exercise D:

Edit: Thank fucking god it still works

i39J4VrDirWV0.gif

Nemesis_

Beyoncé is still deciding on her new single, according to reports.

The singer has apparently reworked release plans for her new music to ensure that she launches her fifth album with a "classic" track.

"Beyoncé is a perfectionist and her biggest competition is herself," a source told The Sun. "She won't put anything out as her first single until she's 100% sure it will be a classic.

"She's putting pressure on herself for it to be a hit of 'Single Ladies' calibre, and to make sure she's on top of the game."

The insider explained that last-minute changes were made to Beyoncé's fifth studio album campaign, after she decided against recent track 'Grown Woman' being her new single.

"The first single was supposed to be 'Grown Woman' but that got cancelled and used as a teaser for her new Pepsi ad," they said.

Beyoncé began her 'The Mrs Carter Show' world tour in Serbia last night, but did not perform any new material as part of the show.

http://www.digitalspy.com.au/music/...ew-single-she-wants-to-release-a-classic.html

Matt_

I can confirm Halcyon RIHmixed is shitting my cardio session right now *.*

Bless Ellie anf her commitment to fitness *.*

I couldn't make it through the entire mixtape
Too unhealthy

negative-man-6684_preview.png

Edit:

YUNG RAPUNXEL ‏@AZEALIABANKS 3m
#YUNGRAPUNXEL VIDEO OUT IN 3 AND A HALF HOURS!!!

She is coming. 5pm In the uk, Noon in new york and 9am in LA

tumblr_mlbw25a8hC1qcholvo1_400.gif

PowderedToast

fine if she thinks grown woman isn't going to smash, it at least indicates she's awake - but whether she has anything else of single ladies calibre in the first place is another question

to be touring without a new single out, months after the superbowl is embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom