• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
BJEq-SBCYAEvVNb.png

Nemesis_

Was this already posted? I'm not sure.

"Return of the Jedi." "Die Hard with a Vengeance." That "Home Alone" movie with a 13-year-old Scarlett Johansson. These are just a few third installments in iconic franchises, and next month, the third annual "Jennifer Lopez summer anthem featuring Pitbull and produced by RedOne" will be unleashed onto pop radio.

"Live It Up," Lopez's next single, will be released on May 8, and indeed feature a Pitbull guest spot as well as production from RedOne. The track will lead Lopez's eighth studio album, which will also feature appearances from Chris Brown and Future and is due out later this year.

The trio of Lopez, Pitbull and RedOne has previously collaborated on Lopez's 2011 hit "On The Floor," taken from her last full-length "Love?," and on last year's "Dance Again," from her "Dance Again… The Hits" compilation. "On The Floor" and "Dance Again" have respectively sold 3.8 million and 1.2 million downloads according to Nielsen SoundScan, placing the forthcoming "Live It Up" squarely in the "if it ain't broke…" line of pop production.

In the meantime, Lopez is promoting "The Fosters," an upcoming drama series on ABC Family that focuses on a same-sex couple raising several adoptive children. The show, on which Lopez serves as an executive producers, is set to premiere on June 3.

Aguila

#ICONIC
When the hell is beyonce planning on releasing ha new music????! I'm not here for listening to one minute and thirty second youtube clips everyday.

Maybe that is their plan. To make people watch her promo vids. This is like product placement to the extreme :/

Nemesis_

Beyonce probably wrote Grown Woman in response to her label not wanting her to release 4 and wanting her to mix up her material for #FFFFFive.

royalan

Beyonce probably wrote Grown Woman in response to her label not wanting her to release 4 and wanting her to mix up her material for #FFFFFive.

Lawd I finally listened to Grown Woman in full.

I CAN'T at that sloppy as ending. She's literally just screaming "I'm a grown woman! I can't do WHATAH I WANT!"

BTW...did nobody find out why I heard Grown Woman playing in the club this weekend?

Nemesis_

Lawd I finally listened to Grown Woman in full.

I CAN'T at that sloppy as ending. She's literally just screaming "I'm a grown woman! I can't do WHATAH I WANT!"

BTW...did nobody find out why I heard Grown Woman playing in the club this weekend?

Are you sure you weren't just so drunk that your unconscious desires manifested themselves in a latent form of Beyonce's single?

It seems bizarre that someone would have a copy of the song and it not be leaked yet. Even then, maybe it's been grinded through a noise removal or remixed to hell to cover up the shit quality?

I'm not sure either way.

But I will say this much - the song is in my head a lot. :/

royalan

Are you sure you weren't just so drunk that your unconscious desires manifested themselves in a latent form of Beyonce's single?

It seems bizarre that someone would have a copy of the song and it not be leaked yet. Even then, maybe it's been grinded through a noise removal or remixed to hell to cover up the shit quality?

I'm not sure either way.

But I will say this much - the song is in my head a lot. :/

I dunno. It was really loud, but I DEFINITELY heard the chorus to that terrible song.

I'm sorry, I just don't get it.

I know people expect Beyonce shade from me, but I admitted to liking what we've heard of Standing in the Sun.

But Grown Woman just sounds fucking awful to me. It just has no point. Obvious lyrics are a staple of pop bangers, but even still the lyrics are too heavy-handed and not really catchy outside of repeating the same damn statement over and over. And if the studio version is anything like what she's peddling in her tour, the ending completely falls apart.

Based on what we've heard, if GW is the lead single I think it's the weakest single she's EVER led an era with. Yes, even weaker than that rancid Run The World (Girls) mess...

I dunno. It was really loud, but I DEFINITELY heard the chorus to that terrible song.

I'm sorry, I just don't get it.

I know people expect Beyonce shade from me, but I admitted to liking what we've heard of Standing in the Sun.

But Grown Woman just sounds fucking awful to me. It just has no point. Obvious lyrics are a staple of pop bangers, but even still the lyrics are too heavy-handed and not really catchy outside of repeating the same damn statement over and over. And if the studio version is anything like what she's peddling in her tour, the ending completely falls apart.

Based on what we've heard, if GW is the lead single I think it's the weakest single she's EVER led an era with. Yes, even weaker than that rancid Run The World (Girls) mess...

You stay fonting bout Bey, but do you check your PMs?

Nemesis_

I agree that the song is weak. The snippet had me a little bit hyped but then hearing the full thing it just doesn't seem to go anywhere at all.

And the end it really does fall apart, though I thought maybe it was like that because it was a tour version that she needed to segue into another song somehow. I admit I haven't watched many performances so I'm not sure.

The choreo is cute as well but it's not the "calibre" of what you would expect from someone like Beyonce either.

But I totally believe the rumour that Bey herself knows it's not a strong lead single and that she is waiting until she has one to release the song and album details.

Even still......scheduling a tour without concrete material to perform? That's downright rude, especially to early adopters.

Gaga did the same with The Monster Ball - she added BTW and then Judas to a few dates here and there but I accept this because it was MONTHS after The Fame Monster had come out and Born This Way was working it's way up to release. That's an acceptable gap and that tour went for so fucking long I can't really hold it against her.

As for the Born This Way Ball...well....she did me a favour by not performing Hair or The Queen.

iwdvDT6jYrzYw.gif

EDIT: And FWIW I think RTW would be a weaker lead single without the Major Lazer sampling.

Artemisia

Banned
roy you need to sit. grown woman sounds like everything. The shouts at the end were obviously adlibs and probably won't be in the final song.

botty

Banned
This is why I am not phased about the wait for ARTPOP.

I know Gaga will deliver something new and interesting.

She is coming

iyRkYnwyn6UyY.gif

This is what appeals to me about Gaga. She brings something very fresh to the table, and that's exactly what people should expect from a global artist. But I guess not every pop girl can be an artist.

iGkVIPaoSPdD.gif

Artemisia

Banned
Beyonce has set the bar very high with 4, Grown Woman, and Standing on the Sun.

When it comes to quality, I'm almost certain Gaga won't clock her.

Nemesis_

I suppose it's only inevitable when you distance yourself so far from the creative process
and closer to pick up trucks and smoking manholes
and
cuba

ieub3TIyWVee8.gif

Beyonce has set the bar very high with 4, Grown Woman, and Standing on the Sun.

When it comes to quality, I'm almost certain Gaga won't clock her.

When your cycle normalises again you'll change your tune.

Oh, another avatar change too.

ibbsNNcmbggMyw.gif

Nemesis_

I can't wait to hear more tracks where a ratchet mother is rapping over some trap beat.

Even Roy liked Cake and Roy doesn't like anything.

I hate Cake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom