• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

I can somehow understand the I Am hate. But hating on 4 always baffles me.

- Love on Top
- Countdown
- Party
- End of Time
- I Miss You
- Schoolin' Life

..all shit on discographies.

Mmmhmm. Like three or four those songs are Bey classics IMO. 4 gets too much hate.

Majmun

My Bey album ranking with my personal best tracklist:

Dangerously in love
- Crazy in love
- Baby Boy
- Speechless
- Me Myself and I
- Be With You
- Dangerously in Love 2

- I Miss You
- End of Time
- Love on Top
- Countdown
- Schoolin' Life
- Party

Bday
- Get me Bodied
- Suga Mama
- Irreplaceable
- Check on It
- Upgrade You

I Am..
- Single Ladies
- Sweet Dreams
- Radio

There has been no bad Beyoncé album so far, but I use I Am material the least...

botty

Banned
You guys should be on gaming side looking at trailers for the game of the year: GTAV

The best trailer used "Radio Ga Ga"

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

botty

Banned
Already watched it.

GOTY 2013
iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

And it was so effortless.

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

But on the topic of pop music...

Apparently Xtina had some sexier scenes in the Your Body video that didn't make the cut..

This guy from the video was interviewed:

580606_278861488913408_603231794_n.jpg

How was it working with Christina on the set of the video?

Working with Christina was really fantastic.
It was the first time I worked with a singer for a music video. I love her and I don't know what to expect from working with her, especially once I saw the bedroom (that of the video Your Body).

I hope that sooner or later be released the explicit version of the video which is very different with the hottest new scenes. We've done some pretty sexy and pushed on that bed, lots of touch and squeeze. It was hot, very hot. . Christina has focused on the set and when the cameras are on, she was perfectly in the hand, has never held and managed throughout the video with extreme ease and safety, a few words and many deeds. It was great, because I like to learn by watching others in my field. I would say that was a great teacher. She definitely knows what she wants!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Crazy in Love isn't an album so keep your uneducated
poop.jpg
opinions to yourself

iZV1PJrowd1Zo.gif

Crazy in Love its iconic Second can't blame me for using that name instead of Dangerously in Love. *Starts doing Choreoraphy*

sasha fierce is so bad, almost as tragic as a rihanna album. i took 3 singles from it and have never looked back.

4 is a near classic

Agree its almost as bad as a Rihanna album. But just Beyonce being on the cover makes it better. If we RIHmove Single Ladies and Sweet Dreams its basically same quality.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
You guys should be on gaming side looking at trailers for the game of the year: GTAV

The best trailer used "Radio Ga Ga"

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

#teamTrevor

Flawless use of Queen though. Best Band.

Lol...... the dust Xtina is being paid in the Th Voice thread.

I was skeptical at first, but Shakira IS the best single judge on any of the TV singing shows right now. She is damn charming.

Nemesis_

Since so many of you stan for Contrived China:

Chris Brown announced yesterday (April 29) that his sixth studio album, "X," will be released on July 16.

The announcement was accompanied with the release of a new song, "I Can't Win."

"I Can't Win," which won't be on "X," features Chris Brown singing of a broken relationship that he's slowly giving up on. "Tell me what did I do to make you hate me so much?/ Why are you angry all the time?/ Why don't you want to ride for me? We used to make love/ When you called I would follow/ Now the only thing you love is a bottle/ The only thing you got left is a shadow," he croons.

"X" finds Chris Brown collaborating with Roccstar and PK ("Fine China"), Diplo, BAM, Drumma Boy, CP Dubb, Mel and Mus, Verse Simmonds and Camper.

Billboard

Here is the link: I CAN'T WIN.

ibmR7UDZPTgxMt.gif

royalan

I was skeptical at first, but Shakira IS the best single judge on any of the TV singing shows right now. She is damn charming.

No.

We've had charming judges before, and on other shows.

I still think Shakira is boring. Heck, JLo was better than her, even in all her ridiculousness.

botty

Banned

This gif.

5zvrU.png

I've only seen one episode, but Shakira was really cute on it. I suppose it's fine that The Voice thread is paying her dust, but the media has been obsessed with her lately: Time 100, her weight loss, and the rumors surrounding her new music. Oh... and just looking at the thread, seems like people only want Shakira because of her looks and personality, and not because of her ability to provide vocal suggestions or feedback. I suppose they just want another X Factor.

i2EZ5q7kTpub2.gif

Bladenic

This gif.

5zvrU.png

I've only seen one episode, but Shakira was really cute on it. I suppose it's fine that The Voice thread is paying her dust, but the media has been obsessed with her lately: Time 100, her weight loss, and the rumors surrounding her new music. Oh... and just looking at the thread, seems like people only want Shakira because of her looks and personality, and not because of her ability to provide vocal suggestions or feedback. I suppose they just want another X Factor.

i2EZ5q7kTpub2.gif

I don't think anyone was watching X-Factor for Britney's looks or personality. Or Demi's. Or certainly not Nicole's.

gVHY2dp.gif

Yes, she's got a lot more stuff going on...like continuing to be irrelevent in the US.

And funny how Shakira only gets talked about in the context of Christina.

Christina Aguilera: STILL the most talked about Voice judge.

You really should stop bringing up relevancy. Shakira may very well be irrelevant in the US (but she has not released an album in English since 2010, and She Wolf the single didn't do that poorly, certainly better than Your Body) but she's still a global star. Christina is neither local nor even approaching global, considering the performance of both her last two sets.

As for how they judge, etc. I don't really care since I don't watch. But the one episode I saw of this season versus the roughly 4 I've seen when Xtina was a judge, I prefer Shakira. Just my opinion, and perhaps it's biased since I love Shakira but don't care about Xtina.

royalan

You really should stop bringing up relevancy. Shakira may very well be irrelevant in the US (but she has not released an album in English since 2010, and She Wolf the single didn't do that poorly, certainly better than Your Body) but she's still a global star. Christina is neither local nor even approaching global, considering the performance of both her last two sets.

As for how they judge, etc. I don't really care since I don't watch. But the one episode I saw of this season versus the roughly 4 I've seen when Xtina was a judge, I prefer Shakira. Just my opinion, and perhaps it's biased since I love Shakira but don't care about Xtina.

Christina is a Legend of the United States. Doesn't matter how she's performing globally (at the moment), the US is her home base.

Hell, on that front I'd say Usher is doing just as much (if not more) to get US VIEWERS to tune in to The Voice, and at half the paycheck.

botty

Banned
Christina is a Legend of the United States. Doesn't matter how she's performing globally (at the moment), the US is her home base.

Hell, on that front I'd say Usher is doing just as much (if not more) to get US VIEWERS to tune in to The Voice, and at half the paycheck.

Xtina has a global top 10 hit right now. Legend of the entire World.

Bladenic

I doubt Shakira or Xtina brought in viewers though. The majority who watch The Voice are females, or gays maybe, and I'd say both groups are probably watching for the men not the women.

Nicole is hot Blad, what are you talking about

Oh yeah, I meant her personality. Actually with Nicole, nobody knows who she is, so nobody was watching for her.

Edit: Just watched the GTA5 trailers. I detested GTA4lop so idk if I'm really here for this game. Radio Ga Ga is such a great song though. Queen <3

The trailers were good though.

cko.gif

It is actually really impressive how Christina's still fostered goodwill with pop fans and the mainstream even though her last two albums came and went without much attention. The conclusion seems to be that Bionic and Lotus fell on deaf ears but didn't hurt her legacy or status in any way; in the minds of the general population she's still on standby, sort of how Justin had been prior to releasing 20/20. That's the benefit of releasing unpopular material versus unliked material; Bionic and Lotus got average reviews but as far as most people's perspective is concerned they might as well have not existed. To most, her last album was Back To Basics.

I could easily see a future album of hers doing really well ala 20/20 but the question is WHAT kind of material she would have to work with. Unlike Justin, Beyonce or Britney, Christina doesn't have a niche sound. She's more like Madonna and Rihanna in the sense that her personality and image has been the engine behind her success rather than a certain sound that she's stuck to career-wide. All of her albums are dramatically different and because of that there isn't a certain flavor that she can fall back on and guarantee success because what worked for her then was heavily contextual and the timing was absolutely critical.

I would personally love to see her go the Adele route and pump out great mid to low tempo material, but I don't feel like that's serving her as well because I know that she loves esoteric lyrics and, well, being a flirty skank. I feel like I'm the only Christina stan who finds her weakest output to be ballads, but in the general scheme of things I think that would serve her best on today's charts. I hope she finds the right formula soon, as it's hard to gauge how she'll perform until the material itself is heard, and how it fits into the contemporary.

royalan

There's something that runs me the wrong way about the Christina vas Shakira comparisons.

Don't get me wrong, I think Shakira is doing fine on the show, but I think she's being perceived as a "better" judge because she more naturally plays into what people expect from female judges on these types of shows. Sexy, cute, charming, nurturing, with just a "little" sass. I have yet to see any of the traits that made me love Xtina's judging, though.

Christina was cute and charming, but she was also hard, blunt and very opinionated. She was just as comfortable praising you if you did well as she was calling you out if you sucked. And she followed up her critiques with sound, specific advice, even down to song choice (she suggested one of Adam's contestants who openly despised her sing a Fiona Apple song and it ended up being her best received performance). Christina was every bit a Simon, while at the same time not being even half as mean. But the GP doesn't seem to like female Simons.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The beat on shake

iVAEepdAhG4rT.gif

This album is gooood

JCX

Demi was the only X Factor judge I liked in its two seasons. They should add Kelly Rowland, I liked her on the UK version (even though she did eliminate Amelia Lilly).

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Demi was the only X Factor judge I liked in its two seasons. They should add Kelly Rowland, I liked her on the UK version (even though she did eliminate Amelia Lilly).

I agree, though I do also like Simon.

Glad she is coming back. Hopefully she manages not to run her acts into the ground this season.

JCX

Simon seems a bit too nice in XF, but he always seemed harsher during on Idol compared to UK XF.

I really like Nicki on Idol, and I was mostly neutral on her before this season. She isn't always right, but I always feel like she's speaking her mind, which I can"t say for some other judges.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
When you ready come and get it
Na na na, Na na na, Na na na

So addicting.

mhmmm

Its addicting but I like the pre-chorus better

I'm not too shy to show I love you, I got no regrets.
I love you much, too much to hide you, this love ain't finished yet.
So baby whenever you're ready…

ibhoXV64LfxEdm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom