• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
09526c56b2d711e2a47922000ae90d5b_7.jpg

nataligermanotta
are u ready for ARTPOP?

What is this?
ibnKJPxJNkrosX.gif

Stefan™;56566704 said:
Supposedly a UK only single, but we will see how this pans out. I still think 22 could become a top 10 summer smash.

Red should have been the current single instead of 22, tbh.

22 is flopping. As it should.

One of the worst songs on the album.

I agree Red>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

People actually hate "22"? Really? I love it. I also really love "Red" too, so I hope that it is indeed a single.

Losing him was blue like I'd never known
Missing him was dark grey all alone
Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you never met
But loving him was red
Loving him was red

Such a bop.

I really should have gotten ha album when it was super cheap late last year, but that was when I really didn't care for her. Now, I've given in, and I'm here for the Nu Shania.

Bladenic

Oh I actually forgot that Red was part of my trifecta with State of Grace and Holy Ground. Just re-listened to it. Crying. Slay me Taylord.

ibeJmzJbI2RV0n.gif

Bladenic

Amanda, who often stays up all night and tweets around the clock, says she has the support of unnamed friends. “I only have hot friends,” she says. “They have my back until I die.”

What a bad bitch. Slay us.

ibeJmzJbI2RV0n.gif

Oh

And

Lady Gaga, Paulina Rubio, Shakira, Christina, and Kelly C

I'll let ya'll figure out who's faves they are.

Majmun

That Janelle Monae song is some scattered ass mess. The rap at the end is typical Janelle fare (ie great) but that chorus is like five songs layered over one another.

Hope it's better on repeated listens, though I probably won't listen to it again until the album hits.

Same here. I'm not feeling the track. Listened to it over 10 times now. The video is great, though. And I'm also liking the rap in the end. Great melody and vibe.

BUttttttttt, I didn't like Tightrope either. The album still ended up slaying me. So there's hope for The Electric Lady.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The amount of promo Gatsby is going to get with all these songs being released is going to be huge

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rih playing Abu Dhabi

459363_529724010417439_516029366_o.jpg

I wish she'd get around to just announcing the Asian leg of her tour. She's already doing this and the Philippines.

Bladenic

I need The Vampire Weekend's new album now

ibeJmzJbI2RV0n.gif

Ommmggggggg and new Kanye album, yassssss slay us Lord

ibeJmzJbI2RV0n.gif

Also

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1560116/michael-buble-tops-billboard-200-fantasia-arrives-at-no-2

Let us REJOICE that A.Flop.I.Am only debuted with 29k despite having a smash hit and being everywhere. That complete lack of #impact and #power. Snoop Lion didn't even get a top 10. Poor ha.

Meanwhile Fantasia clocked higher sales than most of our faves, such as Xtina, Kesha, Kelly C's Greatest Hits, and Lana's Paradise.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Nicki is out for blood and fuming

Nicki Minaj ‏@NICKIMINAJ 32m
Bwaha! Burn? Shes sad i tied her record for Hot 100 entries in only 3 years of being in the game. Yep, a black female rapper @perezhilton

Nicki Minaj ‏@NICKIMINAJ 31m
What u SHOULD be doing (wit your messy ass) is asking why a woman SO successful at her age, is still so INSECURE, and bitter @perezhilton

Nicki Minaj ‏@NICKIMINAJ 20m
XO > RT @billboard
Jennifer Lopez (@JLo), @NICKIMINAJ, Lil Wayne (@LilTunechi) & @chrisbrown join Billboard Music Awards lineup!

Nicki Minaj ‏@NICKIMINAJ 4m
All dem #1s but JLo phone ringin? Lol. I guess having a personality, being a secure woman, and giving genuine critique still trumps that.

ibmiDNyo6kMlcX.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
This mess I live

iOZKGStwgMzHe.gif

But Mimi did clock the tea on Diamonds being a hit, and Nicki still yet to clock a #1 hit. A lot of Nicki's entries are also on the bottom half of the Hot 100, which are meaningless.

Nicki's still endlessly more interesting, entertaining, and insightful on that show. Nicki gives actual feedback while Mariah says nonsense statements like "continue to be Angie" like every episode. Cash-in-g iN.

Koodo

Banned
You need to multiply the drag by the amount of #1s Mariah has achieved to get the total force inflicted upon Garbaj's scalp.

It's easy to see why her bald head is still burning.

Mau ®

Speaking of Mariah...

Rihanna now ties with Mariah for most radio #1's in the histoRIH of the chart. Stay is her latest #1 radio hit.

PAY RIHSPECT TO THE RADIO QUEEN.

tumblr_mezxpj0LDp1raa31eo1_500.gif

Speaking of Mariah...

Rihanna now ties with Mariah for most radio #1's in the histoRIH of the chart. Stay is her latest #1 radio hit.

Unreal *.* She and her team have such a high commitment to radio performance it's cray cray. I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes the highest charting artist of all time at the rate she's going.

Does that make her second to Madonna now?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Speaking of Mariah...

She can't sing, she can't dance but who cares she charts like Mariah
501202_o.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Speaking of Rih

"Right Now" is going to be her next single

ibjn0GVISSD43O.gif

I mean, I see why they did it. It will be big in Europe, and the tour is moving there at the end of this month, and she's doing France/Cardiff with David Guetta, so it'll be added to the setlist, but :BIBLIO: at it being the next US single as well. Dance is dying and this is generic WHYB-era dance at it's best. Can't believe "Jump" got clocked.

Yeah it's sort of a run-of-the-mill dance track.

So it'll do well. lol

I can already see the gay bars blasting that song all night. It'll do well enough.

EDIT: My best friend and I have made it a habit to watch major concerts from the big pop ladies and discuss them. We're gonna watch Rihanna's 777 special since we realized that we have no idea what she does on tour, lol. Also we wanna see how it compares to the likes of I Am... World Tour, The Monster Ball, The Femme Fatale Tour (RIP), Back To Basics Down Under and The Sticky and Sweet tour.

Rihanna's TV performances have sort of been disasters but I'm curious to see how she carries a whole show. Hoping that she actually impresses me tbh.

Mau ®

Speaking of Rih

"Right Now" is going to be her next single

ibjn0GVISSD43O.gif

I mean, I see why they did it. It will be big in Europe, and the tour is moving there at the end of this month, and she's doing France/Cardiff with David Guetta, so it'll be added to the setlist, but :BIBLIO: at it being the next US single as well. Dance is dying and this is generic WHYB-era dance at it's best. Can't believe "Jump" got clocked.

Sis we clocked this tea PAGES ago. I even asked where you were because the news had us seething.

I won't believe it until Rih says so tho. Once she instagrams the single cover I know it'll be true.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Sis we clocked this tea PAGES ago. I even asked where you were because the news had us seething.

I won't believe it until Rih says so tho. Once she instagrams the single cover I know it'll be true.

oh :rip: But it's going for adds on 5/28 so I guess it's as good as confirmed?

Jump deserves to be paid dust for that hideous dubstep breakdown.

I live for the breakdown during "Jump".

EDIT: My best friend and I have made it a habit to watch major concerts from the big pop ladies and discuss them. We're gonna watch Rihanna's 777 special since we realized that we have no idea what she does on tour, lol. Also we wanna see how it compares to the likes of I Am... World Tour, The Monster Ball, The Femme Fatale Tour (RIP), Back To Basics Down Under and The Sticky and Sweet tour.

Rihanna's TV performances have sort of been disasters but I'm curious to see how she carries a whole show. Hoping that she actually impresses me tbh.

Rihanna's TV perofrmances have been sort of great, not disasters. But the 777 tour isn't going to be some amazing tour to watch. It's just her performing a mix of new and old songs on a small-ish stage in smallish venues with no choreo or anything. Grab her Loud Tour DVD to actually see a show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom