• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roy and Botty getting re-energized is making me so happy, lol. Who would have guessed that the male Rihanna of all people would usher in new hope?

botty

Banned
Dale is Pitbull's catchphrase

looks like Trigger is not the only Pitbull stan here anymore
iVu6QsimKm6RV.gif

I saw people using it on ATRL, but I didn't know it was his catchphrase.

Tell us more.
iVu6QsimKm6RV.gif

Bladenic

I heard Feel This Moment. It's typical Pitbull with an alright beat, but Extinct's wailings are piercing. Terrible. I'd hate to think if it will begin to do more features. I guess I can see that, it's not like it has any success on its own.

royalan

I heard Feel This Moment. It's typical Pitbull with an alright beat, but Extinct's wailings are piercing. Terrible. I'd hate to think if it will begin to do more features. I guess I can see that, it's not like it has any success on its own.

Xtina's Holy exclamations make the song. Get used to hearing them.

iq81NtG1gu7d0.gif

botty

Banned
Maybe if Pitbull had put Xtina on Don't Stop The Party or Get it Started, instead of Shakira and TJR, those songs would have had as much impact as Feel This Moment.

legendtinahpkcg.gif

royalan

Maybe if Pitbull had put Xtina on Don't Stop The Party or Get it Started, instead of Shakira and TJR, those songs would have had as much impact as Feel This Moment.

legendtinahpkcg.gif

B-b-but Xtina has no audience! Ch...if that were the case why were those three other singles from Pitbull's album flops? And poor Get It Started, I actually like that song, but I guess he just chose the wrong Latina Goddess to feature. Good thing he chose to upgrade to a name that could make a difference.

iem0v5emNjY23.gif

botty

Banned
Waffle I know you come for the queen on ATRL, no need to hide your intenT. It's all good though<3

But considering NBC's ratings as a whole have dropped this year, things aren't looking good for the she wolf.

ibaWzAYn12ICUD.gif

royalan

FTM is definitely a hit because of Xtina, but only because it's the right amount of her.

What is this "right amount" business? Do people REALLY think that Xtina only shouts in her songs?

Your Body could have been such a smash. It was the PERFECT comeback song. ;____;

Waffle I know you come for the queen on ATRL, no need to hide your intenT. It's all good though<3

But considering NBC's ratings as a whole have dropped this year, things aren't looking good for the she wolf.

ibaWzAYn12ICUD.gif

Thats what I expect as well.

.....and I really don't hate Xtina. I drag indiscriminately on ATRL depending on my mood.

Xtina and Bey fans make a habit of coming for Kellegend on ATRL which has earned my ire though.

Artemisia

Banned
Not the Xtuna stans rising again because she's achieving middling success as a featured artist. She was on a #1 single last year and couldn't manage to move 300k of her own albums. Lets not start this train back up because the only place it's going is to flopville.

lmaooooo

lmao.gif

Also trying to predict streaming #'s is a mess.

One Direction is really the first major music video release we have had since the debut of Youtube on the Hot 100 so I have no clue how to even guess. Their official video had 15 million by the end of the first week + I would guess 5 million additional streams from spotify/fan video's/lyric video's.......but no clue how many of those came from the USA

5 Million would land them outside the top 10. 10 million would put them even with Stay for the week. 15 million would put them #3.

I can't deal with all this stress.
iZUnBs6QYxF46.gif

Can we take a moment and talk about how EPIC the second verse in Bloody Mary is?? It's so fucking spooky and the production is gorgeously gilded to perfection. And the sporadic yet structured lyrics:

"We, are not, just art for Michelangelo
to carve, he can't
Rewrite the agro of my furied
heart, I wait,
on mountain tops in Paris cold
Je ne veux, pas mourrir, toute seule..."

Fuuuuuuuuuck this song is my life. Best Gaga verse ever too. Come at me.

botty

Banned
US? Live While Were Young at #3.

Though What Makes You Beautiful was huge and only peak at #4...... simply had LONG legs. Sold 4+ million singles in the US which is more than many #1's last year.

I'm surprised they don't have a #1. They have a strong stan base, and good sales all around. Do you think the new format with youtube will help their shots at a higher charting position? I mean, obviously sales matter more... you don't want songs like Rihanna's that are hot for some time, then die as if they never existed.

I stanned for Your Body when it came out but realized later that it's the lowest bar for a comeback that I've seen in a long time. And I thought Hold It Against Me was a weak comeback track but that was way more dynamic and interesting. Poo.

Trigger

The boy's should have released C'mon, C'mon as single. It's my favorite song off the album.

Not the Xtuna stans rising again because she's achieving middling success as a featured artist. She was on a #1 single last year and couldn't manage to move 300k of her own albums. Lets not start this train back up because the only place it's going is to flopville.

I'm crying

royalan

I stanned for Your Body when it came out but realized later that it's the lowest bar for a comeback that I've seen in a long time. And I thought Hold It Against Me was a weak comeback track but that was way more dynamic and interesting. Poo.

iCYXOFINKI440.gif

A lower bar than RUN THE WORLD (GIRLS)?

A lyrical mess.

A recycled beat from a song that was STILL BEING PLAYED IN CLUBS at the time.

I think not.

I'm surprised they don't have a #1. They have a strong stan base, and good sales all around. Do you think the new format with youtube will help their shots at a higher charting position? I mean, obviously sales matter more... you don't want songs like Rihanna's that are hot for some time, then die as if they never existed.

There is no way that they do not get a #1 with their debut single from their next album (assuming they release the song the same week as the music video).

They have been hurt on radio because of their lack of crossover appeal to other genres. They also don't get played on more adult oriented pop stations. So the de-emphasis on radio airplay was the best thing that could have ever happened to them as far as charting goes.

YOU WATCH though...... they change the formula again this week and screw 1D over. I will rage.

That wasn't a comeback single. It was coming off of I Am.... which was a big hit.

I agree that the song was an embarrassment though.

royalan

7dekg7T.jpg

Here's a preview of PMK’s bespoke sneaker wedge for Beyoncé. The custom footwear design house Perfectly Made Kicks has taken one of the pop star's favorite shoe styles, the Isabel Marant sneaker wedge, and recreated it in a luxurious Bey-approved style.

Similar to customizing a tailored suit, the folks at PMK are masters at taking iconic shoes and reassembling them with the most creative materials a client can think of. Named "The King Bey," the white-and-gold wedges are composed of a range of exotic skins including stingray, ostrich, calf hair, crocodile, and anaconda.
X

What a monster. So much death for fashion. And UGLY fashion, at that. How anyone could stan for this heinous woman...my soul weeps at the thought.

izkX6vQKckOwr.gif

Bladenic

iCYXOFINKI440.gif

A lyrical mess.

A recycled beat from a song that was STILL BEING PLAYED IN CLUBS at the time.

I think not.

He said comeback. Run The World was not a comeback single, as Bey still came off a very successful era previously. I don't think Hold It Against You was a comeback single either, since the Circus era was the true comeback era for Britney.

royalan

He said comeback. Run The World was not a comeback single, as Bey still came off a very successful era previously. I don't think Hold It Against You was a comeback single either, since the Circus era was the true comeback era for Britney.

My bad. I thought he was referring to first singles in general since he mentioned Hold It Against Me.

Still, Flop The World (Beyonce) was awful.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Billboard HOT100 top10
1. Baauer, "Harlem Shake" (=)
2. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis f/ Wanz, "Thrift Shop" (=)
3. Bruno Mars, "When I Was Your Man" (+5)
4. Taylor Swift, "I Knew You Were Trouble." (=)
5. will.i.am f/ Britney Spears, "Scream & Shout" (-1)
6. Drake, "Started From The Bottom" (+4)
7. Rihanna f/ Mikky Ekko, "Stay" (-4)
8. Justin Timberlake f/ Jay-Z, "Suit & Tie" (+1)
9. Bruno Mars, "Locked Out of Heaven" (-2)
10. Lil Wayne f/Drake & Future, "Love Me" (+9)

These idiots missed the top 10 by releasing on Sunday

and kii @ Rihanna falling 4 spots
iBrpI15vMfpVU.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Billboard HOT100 top10
1. Baauer, "Harlem Shake" (=)
2. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis f/ Wanz, "Thrift Shop" (=)
3. Bruno Mars, "When I Was Your Man" (+5)
4. Taylor Swift, "I Knew You Were Trouble." (=)
5. will.i.am f/ Britney Spears, "Scream & Shout" (-1)
6. Drake, "Started From The Bottom" (+4)
7. Rihanna f/ Mikky Ekko, "Stay" (-4)
8. Justin Timberlake f/ Jay-Z, "Suit & Tie" (+1)
9. Bruno Mars, "Locked Out of Heaven" (-2)
10. Lil Wayne f/Drake & Future, "Love Me" (+9)

These idiots missed the top 10 by releasing on Sunday

iBrpI15vMfpVU.gif

Kii at you acting like falling after a huge first week is some sort of revelation. Expect Demi to experience a similar fall after her first week as her digital sales stabilize in the shitter, where they usually are. Stay will see #3 again (maybe higher) as it's stabilized very well and the radio play is picking uP.

Don't clock yourself like you did back in December regarding stay. It's not worth it to get a few kiis now when the #NAVY will ALWAYS get the last Kii and the Super Kii.

Mau ®

iBrpI15vMfpVU.gif

What so "kii" about it tho?

The #Navy knew it would drop a little due to stabilized sales and a lower position on radio (not to mention no streaming at all).

It seems you have higher standards for Rih than all your other flops (excluding GaGa). Don't forget that everytime you kii at something it explodes back on your face later on...

Pressedrius_ said:
Not the Navy clinging to the UK for receipts, poor dat

Lets see Stay even chart in the US or anywhere else

ibrz3Ydxd0sOuJ.gif

Pressedrius_ said:
and yet they stay playing Diamonds while pretending the album has more hits under its belt

okaye9fqag.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Kii at you acting like falling after a huge first week is some sort of revelation. Expect Demi to experience a similar fall after her first week as her digital sales stabilize in the shitter, where they usually are. Stay will see #3 again (maybe higher) as it's stabilized very well and the radio play is picking uP.

Don't clock yourself like you did back in December regarding stay. It's not worth it to get a few kiis now when the #NAVY will ALWAYS get the last Kii and the Super Kii.

Bookmarking this for when Stay falls off the Top 10

ibjXPkZi6RT3Gd.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
What so "kii" about it tho?

The #Navy knew it would drop a little due to stabilized sales and a lower position on radio (not to mention no streaming at all).

It seems you have higher standards for Rih than all your other flops (excluding GaGa). Don't forget that everytime you kii at something it explodes back on your face later on...

The real kii is that his goalposts continuously move. First it was that "Stay" wouldn't chart, now IT's talking about how it will fall out of the top 10 (which it will eventually, as every song does). The pressure Rih has it under is jusT

ibjXPkZi6RT3Gd.gif

Edit:

Double kii at C'Mon being out peaked by a song only on urban and rhythmic.

ibjXPkZi6RT3Gd.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Billboard Top 200 Albums

1. Mumford & Sons "Babel" 63,000
2. Bruno Mars "Unorthodox Jukebox" 48,000
3. Josh Groban "All That Echoes" 41,000
4. Various Artists "Now 45" 38,000
5. The Lumineers "The Lumineers" 35,000
6. Alabama Shakes "Boys & Girls" 33,000
7. Various Artists "2013 Grammy Nominees" 30,000
8. fun. "Some Nights" 30,000
9. Rihanna "Unapologetic" 29,000
10. Taylor Swift "Red" 28,000

Unapologetic back in the top 10 with a total of 750k. Didn't Marius_ say it was done come 2013? I C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom